December 16
    track - yes
    exercise - knee clinic
    steps - 4682

Check in for Dec. 17 and Dec. 18
    track - yes
    exercise - yes (walk on both days)
    Steps - didn't wear my fitbit both days, but I estimate 8000 steps or so
    (My walk is about 7000 steps - but I don't do much more as I was teaching sitting down)

Well. It has been tough. Last night or yesterday I just wanted to binge and drink. I didn't do it but it was so tough. I have real problems managing stress and sometimes just emotions. I'm looking at the scale and nothing is happening. My weigh in isn't till Monday, but at my size and weight I should be losing quite fast and I was before so this is frustrating especially since I fought so hard not to binge. I guess I have to remind myself it is a long term goal and with or without weight loss, not binging is a big success.

I got a call regarding the sleep study and I have severe sleep apnea. In 5 hours, they said I stopped breathing 16 times and the rest of the time my oxygen levels were low. I have to call the company supplying the equipment to make a time to set it up. I'm really tired of having so many medical issues, but often they are weight related so it comes back to managing weight.

First, I totally get your frustration because you have been very consistent and fighting hard to lose weight. The times you have shared that you "almost" went on a binge - but didn't, show that you have determination and have found what works for you in order to stop the binge. I just want to raise the question of sleep. When I read articles about losing weight they always stress how important sleep is to losing weight. Could it be your sleep issues that are preventing the weight loss you are expecting? I had a colleague who had sleep apnea and when she took care of that issue, she began to lose weight rapidly and now she no longer has to use the machine. I just wondered if once you are able to get on track with your sleep you will see your weight loss get back on track? You're doing great and I appreciate you for sharing.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Dazzling Downsizers

Congrats to all who lost weight this week..Great job ....Thank you all for the well wishes ... I am feeling better other than my hips (darn hip dysplasia ) My Doctor thinks I have a fatty liver so I have to go in for an ultra sound this morning .... It is never ending ughhh... ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS is a healthy pain-free body ...Is that too much to ask Santa? LOL

You have such a great attitude and a good sense of humor! I hope you are able to find the healthy you VERY soon. I also hope you are being a cheerleader for yourself like you are being a cheerleader for us.
  • 363days
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 201.2
    CW 197
    Loss w/ MFP since 4/17/20 73lbs
    LTD 126lbs

I could seriously not be any happier about weigh in this week. I reached my goal of being below 200 by the end of the year a couple of weeks early! Losing weight during the holiday season was something I thought was impossible in the past. I'm so proud of myself. I haven't seen a 1 at the beginning of my weight since I was 12. It's basically uncharted territory from here on out!
    Holy Christmas tree, Batman!!! That is fantastic. That is probably one of the best presents you could receive, right? And you gave it to yourself!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    food logged.
    under calories by 2!
    slept 8 hours last night.
    walked 3.02 miles in 57 minutes on treadmill today.

@Tazaria87 Congratulations on reaching Onederland !

Impressive hitting all those goals!

draby2011 wrote: »
    Alright, where do I even begin?!?

I was very disappointed in myself these last couple weeks and have been *off*. Just genuinely not feeling like myself, super fatigued again, and just unmotivated. Finally, I am starting to come around...I am not there yet, and it has been very gradual but I think I am getting back there. I have REALLY been working on some self-improvement techniques, listening to podcasts to help me better myself holistically, and just trying to really push myself physically and mentally. At the same time however, I was just kind of blindly going along without a real plan. So after tonight's hour long drive home from work, and the awesome podcast I was listening to, I am going to make a plan. Starting small and working myself back up until I recreate my habits.

I am upset with today's weigh in but I expected it. At this point, it is what it is. Just have to buckle down and do it. I am considering this my reboot!

CW: 244.2 :unamused:
    SW: 278
    LTD: 33.8 pounds

Goals for this week:
    * Wake up at first alarm! *NO SNOOZE!*
    * Work out (10 minutes MINIMUM! Can be simple, just get up and get moving!)
    * Do my make up. (I know this sounds silly, but I haven't worn make up in like a month and that's because of my mental state, so I am going to make this a priority. Any little thing to pull me out of my funk!)
    * 10,000 steps daily
    * Decrease soda intake, Increase water intake!

As far as updates as to where I left off...my mom's knee was able to be maintained. She still had a little bit of infection as of yesterday and she threw a blood clot after the surgery so the wound vac/irrigation system had to be removed. However, the surgeon seems confident that he can close the wound on Tuesday and she can come home on Wednesday! Just in time for Christmas! That is all she wants at this point and has worked REALLY hard to build up her strength and is doing her exercises and complying with physical therapy daily! A big win is that she told the doctor that she needs help with coping and is willing to meet with a therapist to help her process this whole thing. I am sooooo proud of her for all that she is overcoming which is EXTREMELY motivating to me.

COVID is still kicking my butt, but I don't expect that to change anytime soon. We are one of the first facilities locally that will be giving infusions to COVID positive patients to decrease their symptoms and also to be administering the vaccines.

The kids are doing great! I actually remodeled their entire room including pretty paint! I will post pics once it is all done. I am still waiting on a couple deliveries to complete it. That whole situation with the wrongful report being called on us was officially closed today after the minimum 30 days. The kids are also very impatiently awaiting Santa Claus while Mama is patiently awaiting the departure of our Elf on the Shelf, Elfonso! lol

Anywho, I am going to try to catch up with everyone and also get my steps in here once I find out where I left off. I am confident that I am FINALLY back on track and am ready to hit 50 pounds lost (again, and permanently!)

I am sure with a good plan you will hit that 50 pounds again. Great new about your Mom’s leg. Sounds like you are extremely busy. Are you able to get enough sleep with everything going on?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    Checkin 12/19/2020
    weigh in days is Friday

Steps today 4973

My husband, all 4 kids and I have a family group text that we all participate in since everyone works different hours and one daughter lives in TN. Well tonight, that daughter in TN, announced "Hey I'm about to head that way." My son told her she was in the wrong text message, she said no she isn't. So she decided on a whim to come home for a few days. It's been a year and half since we actually saw her face to face other then online chats. I'm excited and plan to still log in here each evening but if I miss a day.. that is why. :smiley:

That is so exciting! I totally understand if you are missing. This is a great Christmas present for Mom!

CHECK IN: WEEK 3 (Saturday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    SAT 12/19: 7,690

I am getting ❌in the calories area also but we can turn it around.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    19.12 - 60mins walk
    Happy Sunday all.

Nice walking!
  • 363days
    Options
    I just got back from my ultra sound ... My Dr will get the results in about a week ... I do not see him until February after my 3 month labs for type 2 diabetes ... On a happy note at my last Dr appt he told me I am now pre diabetic ..I haven't taken diabetic meds for a few months now .... I was taking Metformin and Victoza (I quit taking them due to really bad migraines .... last year I was on insulin when I came out of the hospital from the flu/pneumonia ...the only med I am on now is Lisinopril for high blood pressure (which has been stable the last few times at the Dr's office... I am off to go walk with my daughter and my husky since I feel great :) Then come home do the steps and finish deep cleaning this large house of mine :)

We walked a little over an hour and 2.80 miles :) We didn't go for a long walk because Dakota still has the cone of shame still on which means he can't fit in his kennel ... he goes back to the Vet on Monday afternoon ..I am hoping the cone comes off and that they remove the drain from his ear ... I am not sleeping well at night knowing he is not in his kennel ..every time he gets up I wake up ughh
    I just got back from my ultra sound ... My Dr will get the results in about a week ... I do not see him until February after my 3 month labs for type 2 diabetes ... On a happy note at my last Dr appt he told me I am now pre diabetic ..I haven't taken diabetic meds for a few months now .... I was taking Metformin and Victoza (I quit taking them due to really bad migraines .... last year I was on insulin when I came out of the hospital from the flu/pneumonia ...the only med I am on now is Lisinopril for high blood pressure (which has been stable the last few times at the Dr's office... I am off to go walk with my daughter and my husky since I feel great :) Then come home do the steps and finish deep cleaning this large house of mine :)

We walked a little over an hour and 2.80 miles :) We didn't go for a long walk because Dakota still has the cone of shame still on which means he can't fit in his kennel ... he goes back to the Vet on Monday afternoon ..I am hoping the cone comes off and that they remove the drain from his ear ... I am not sleeping well at night knowing he is not in his kennel ..every time he gets up I wake up ughh

That's so exciting to see your medical improvement over the last year! My dog, Jack, had to make an emergency trip to the vet and the night before I had no sleep, doing what you've been doing, every time he moved I was up and awake. It's hard on a Momma knowing they are under the weather. Good luck at the vet.
  • 363days
    Options
    draby2011 wrote: »
    Alright, where do I even begin?!?

I was very disappointed in myself these last couple weeks and have been *off*. Just genuinely not feeling like myself, super fatigued again, and just unmotivated. Finally, I am starting to come around...I am not there yet, and it has been very gradual but I think I am getting back there. I have REALLY been working on some self-improvement techniques, listening to podcasts to help me better myself holistically, and just trying to really push myself physically and mentally. At the same time however, I was just kind of blindly going along without a real plan. So after tonight's hour long drive home from work, and the awesome podcast I was listening to, I am going to make a plan. Starting small and working myself back up until I recreate my habits.

I am upset with today's weigh in but I expected it. At this point, it is what it is. Just have to buckle down and do it. I am considering this my reboot!

CW: 244.2 :unamused:
    SW: 278
    LTD: 33.8 pounds

Goals for this week:
    * Wake up at first alarm! *NO SNOOZE!*
    * Work out (10 minutes MINIMUM! Can be simple, just get up and get moving!)
    * Do my make up. (I know this sounds silly, but I haven't worn make up in like a month and that's because of my mental state, so I am going to make this a priority. Any little thing to pull me out of my funk!)
    * 10,000 steps daily
    * Decrease soda intake, Increase water intake!

As far as updates as to where I left off...my mom's knee was able to be maintained. She still had a little bit of infection as of yesterday and she threw a blood clot after the surgery so the wound vac/irrigation system had to be removed. However, the surgeon seems confident that he can close the wound on Tuesday and she can come home on Wednesday! Just in time for Christmas! That is all she wants at this point and has worked REALLY hard to build up her strength and is doing her exercises and complying with physical therapy daily! A big win is that she told the doctor that she needs help with coping and is willing to meet with a therapist to help her process this whole thing. I am sooooo proud of her for all that she is overcoming which is EXTREMELY motivating to me.

COVID is still kicking my butt, but I don't expect that to change anytime soon. We are one of the first facilities locally that will be giving infusions to COVID positive patients to decrease their symptoms and also to be administering the vaccines.

The kids are doing great! I actually remodeled their entire room including pretty paint! I will post pics once it is all done. I am still waiting on a couple deliveries to complete it. That whole situation with the wrongful report being called on us was officially closed today after the minimum 30 days. The kids are also very impatiently awaiting Santa Claus while Mama is patiently awaiting the departure of our Elf on the Shelf, Elfonso! lol

Anywho, I am going to try to catch up with everyone and also get my steps in here once I find out where I left off. I am confident that I am FINALLY back on track and am ready to hit 50 pounds lost (again, and permanently!)

Wow, you have a lot on your plate. What I know - when we are worried about our family members, it is not the time we are spending, it is the mental energy and it can leave me feeling totally exhausted. It's crazy how we can be thinking about them and not even realizing it. I have an 87 year old Mother with dementia which is going down weekly. I am thrilled for you that your Mother is reaching out for assistance.
    I, too, have been trying to upgrade my physical presentation, even though the presentation is just to myself. It probably sounds funny, but I try to put on Jeans instead of sweatpants and last week I wore a necklace twice - once when the heat and air guy came to put in the furnace. I was even laughing about it, but having the heat and air guy was a social event for me.
    Something about painting always gives me a lift...
    Have a great day and thank you for your contribution to the health effort.
  • 363days
    Options
    I liked the idea of a visual coloring chart for weight loss and was so impressed with the free print-ables online. I took the suggestion and just searched on google - I found two that I'm going to try. Thanks for the ideas.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/19: 16,298
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,942 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    19.12 - 60mins walk
    Happy Sunday all.

Missing steps for 12/15. 12/16 and 12/19 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    Good Morning Dazzling Downsizers

Congrats to all who lost weight this week..Great job ....Thank you all for the well wishes ... I am feeling better other than my hips (darn hip dysplasia ) My Doctor thinks I have a fatty liver so I have to go in for an ultra sound this morning .... It is never ending ughhh... ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS is a healthy pain-free body ...Is that too much to ask Santa? LOL

You have such a great attitude and a good sense of humor! I hope you are able to find the healthy you VERY soon. I also hope you are being a cheerleader for yourself like you are being a cheerleader for us.

Thank you so much ....I am trying to find a healthy me .... :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Saturday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 6,366
    Sleep: ✅
    DBF: 0

It felt good to do my last grocery shopping in this apartment. I just got to get through the next week getting everything ready. Due to my nerve pain it is hard to do a lot at once. Today we make another trip to the furniture store, I have to stop and pick up items I won on an online auction and then back to getting stuff ready here to move.

Once we get moved and settled I am going back to weight loss mode. I will be in the pool 5 to 6 times a week as long as we don’t go to next covid level which is full lockdown. (Pools and gyms will close) I am also going to try and ride the exercise bike 3 or 4 times a week. I am having a meeting with the dietitian again early in the new year. My next diabetic check/nerve pain check is also the first week of January. So I have a plan and a lot of hope.

Have an awesome Sunday!

Your plan sounds great ... I hope you don't have a full lock down ... we are suppose to only leave the house when we absolutely need too ....but no one is taking our Governor serious since he told everyone we are on lock down but he goes to a party full of people and no one wearing a mask ...People want to recall him from his position
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Username: Piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 215
    CW (Current Weight): 216
    LTD (Loss to Date): 33lbs lost to date

Edit: I’m switching my weigh in date to Friday, as I’m in Europe I always log too late in the day so moving the day up should help! Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.