Downsizers - January 2021 Team Chat

Replies

• ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Checkin 1/2/2021
    Scorpiogirl70

Steps 1325 - didn't get much done today, worked for 16 hours and I am exhausted.

Missing steps from you on 12/31 and 1/1

I'm fairly sure I shared those... here they are again though.
    12/31 - 2130 steps
    1/1 - 1209 steps
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,035 Member
    edited January 2021
    Week 5 December top steppers are: Updated with the Correct numbers :)
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 175,440 steps
    2nd @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE -133,443 steps
    3rd @888Angie888 -97,073
    CONGRATS LADIES :)
    As a group we walked 1,093,855 steps GREAT JOB EVERYONE :)

END OF THE YEAR TOP STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE -860,178 steps
    2nd @Megan_smartiepants1970-708,810 steps
    3rd @888Angie888 -484,089 steps
    CONGRATS AGAIN LADIES :):)
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 6,311,647 steps WELL DONE EVERYONE :D

TIME TO RECOGNIZE OUR TEAM MEMBERS WHO PLEDGED A DAILY STEP COUNT

@Megan- 7/7
    @Andrea- 2/7
    @Z1ORtza- 2/7
    @Angie- 3/7
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE -4/7
    @rlaskey2 6/7
    @Laura-5/7
    @cesse47 -7/7
    @mari_moulin -2/7
    @363days -1/7
    @iradi8 -4/7
    @shortyjmorgan1 -3/7
    AWESOME JOB EVERYONE :):)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Checkin 1/2/2021
    Scorpiogirl70

Steps 1325 - didn't get much done today, worked for 16 hours and I am exhausted.

12/31 - 2130 steps
    1/1 - 1209 steps

Wish I had seen this before doing all the tallies ...I am sorry I missed it
  • ScorpioGirl70
    Jan 3 checkin
    Scorpiogirl70

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 1904

Now that Monday is here and hubby goes back to work, Maybe I can get back to what I should be doing. Him only working 3 days for the past 2 weeks, I am ready for a break from him. :)
    I'm not sure if I am the only one who ever worries about working out or even walking on the treadmill in front of their spouse/SO. I used to not that self conscious- heck back in the day, me and two friends got rules switched in PE/Gym class where we were able to go lift weights with the guys while the girls were suppose to learn gymnastics. That was back when I was skinny though, now that I think of it, that probably helped me stay skinny in High school.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    Checkin 1/2/2021
    Scorpiogirl70

12/31 - 2130 steps
    1/1 - 1209 steps

Wish I had seen this before doing all the tallies ...I am sorry I missed it

I'm not worried about tallys, I just do it to be part of something bigger then myself. :) It's all good.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    A BIG Congrats to @lelbarou ,@littleflutterby, @Beautyofdreams and @Bluetail6 for losing all 5 weeks of December especially during the holiday ........Well done Ladies :)

Thank you Megan. I really have to start looking at the spreadsheet!! I'm glad that you found a plan that will work for you. I just upped my calories and changed my macros.
  • Bluetail6
    jugar wrote: »
    Wait Wait - Don't Tell Us!
    75tf3m0avzwx.png

The Results from December 2020 are in!

Congratulations all, especially to @Bluetail6for placing 1st, @littleflutterby for placing 2nd...and @Tazaria87

Thank you iHUSTLE4MUSCLE!! That squirrel is the cutest thing ever!!
  • Bluetail6
    363days wrote: »
    Congrats Bluetail6, littleflutterby and Tazaria87, and to the team as a whole!!! We rocked December and now to STORM January!

Thank you, 363 days!!
  • Bluetail6
    01/01 60 minutes walking at 2.8 mph
    01/03 No steps. @Megan_smartiepants1970

01/03
    PW: 161.3
    CW: 156.8
    LTD: 66.9

Congratulations to @littleflutterby, @Bluetail6 and @Tazaria87.

I fell down twice this morning and rapped my chin against my dresser. Am nursing a mild concussion. Think I need to talk to my doctor about my blood pressure medication. Will try to get moving tomorrow.

Enjoying reading everyone's introductions. Let's make 2021 a year for positive changes.

Thank you, Beautyofdreams!! I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to mention me, with all you have been through. Please take it easy. Also, do talk to your doctor. Again, thank you. Lee
  • Bluetail6
    @lindamtuck2018
    I do hope you start feeling better and better. I now have 2 close friends who survived C-19 so far... They are doing well with a few residual symptoms. One was out 10 days. The other for a month. I'm just glad that treatment, etc. seems so much better than when C-19 first hit. <3 Lee
  • Bluetail6
    azkunk wrote: »
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 181.7
    CW: 178.2
    LTD: 28.8

Such a busy day today. I ended up skipping lunch and and being way under calories. I have my first 10 hr shift tomorrow so just a quick check in to post my weight. I will try to catch up on the posts.

Fantastic loss!! :)
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2021
    Weigh in:

SW: 259.4
    PW: 254.2
    CW: 255.4
    ---
    Morning all,

Congrats everyone for December's win! Here for Monday check in. As you know a new meal plan for me has started from today, the breakfast actually wasn't too bad. I think it's going to take time to get used to for a few reasons but, I do feel hopeful about it. It will be easier when I start my new job as if I'm in the office, I won't have access to food in the same way as I do now. I think I'm still adjusting from the eating on New years combined with the fact TOM is imminent.. I was 254.8 yesterday.

Today I also started filling in a calorie counting food diet diary too https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081S2MYGN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got it as a kickstart, I love how it's set out.. in hindsight should of bought a longer duration one, not sure why the company chose 7 weeks as a duration. I've since seen they do 3 and 6 month ones on their website (calorie counting, SW and WW friendly ones) so, that may be a option for me to consider when the 7 weeks are finished. However, I am also thinking I could buy a nice quality notebook and jazz it up myself with different colour pens and stickers for a fraction of the price that it would cost me to cover the rest of this year.

The SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely) goals I've set within it for the 7 weeks are:

- Exercise at least 3 times a week in addition to any walking etc
    - Stay hydrated with water
    - Look for non scale victories
    - Be mindful of what are you eating
    - Take each day, one at a time.

Non scale goals:
    - Improve physical strength
    - Gain more self confidence from losing weight
    - Gain more energy
    - Feel better physically and mentally

Have a great week everyone :)
  • Bluetail6
    @littleflutterby
    Thank you for the mention!! You did an amazing job yourself my friend :) !!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Wow 7 pages worth of messages! What an active team!

I read most of you but too much to reply to at this point. I will start replying as of today.

I’m back “on it” as of last Saturday. I was so disappointed in my weigh in as it just showed I had an 8.2 lb gain for the whole of 2020. I’m so disappointed about this but I know I can come back from it. So I’ve worked out everyday since then. Started the C25K program again and plan on getting back on my virtual Zumba classes.

I’ve tried logging my food and start off ok but then completely lose track and stop logging. I figure it’s ok. One step at a time. I’m getting my workouts in again and next I’ll focus on water habits again then food logging. I have cut back on my intake and started making healthier choices again I’m just not good at logging it all.

Sorry for my late step count. @Megan_smartiepants1970 here are my steps. It’s ok if they don’t count toward the tally.

Saturday - 14,696
    Sunday - 8,577
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Yesterday's steps 6,927

SW 217 (re-set)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Wow 7 pages worth of messages! What an active team!

I read most of you but too much to reply to at this point. I will start replying as of today.

I’m back “on it” as of last Saturday. I was so disappointed in my weigh in as it just showed I had an 8.2 lb gain for the whole of 2020. I’m so disappointed about this but I know I can come back from it. So I’ve worked out everyday since then. Started the C25K program again and plan on getting back on my virtual Zumba classes.

I’ve tried logging my food and start off ok but then completely lose track and stop logging. I figure it’s ok. One step at a time. I’m getting my workouts in again and next I’ll focus on water habits again then food logging. I have cut back on my intake and started making healthier choices again I’m just not good at logging it all.

Sorry for my late step count. @Megan_smartiepants1970 here are my steps. It’s ok if they don’t count toward the tally.

Saturday - 14,696
    Sunday - 8,577

Hi Mari ... I have added you to the new step challenge ..Do you have a step pledge that you would like to hit daily ?
This discussion has been closed.