TWOTERVILLE
    @davidji82
    Sorry David.... couldn't find a graphic :(

Under 325
    @lelbarou
    @littleflutterby

5m9yys3gz6ct.png

Congratulations @izzyred9400

Thank you for the shout out. Congratulations everyone!! We did a great job. Let's make 2021 even better :):)
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    ScorpioGirl70
    Checkin for 1/4

Steps 7749

As I sit here and think about my weight issues and how I feel in the different seasons, there is something about winter that just doesn't help with my mood or my enthusiasm to get up and move.

I guess it could be the lack of sunny days, the cold, I'm like a bear and just want to hibernate.

I find that I am much more energetic and seem to be more on target during the spring and summer, which is odd because those are my least favorite seasons. I'm personally an autumn girl and love autumn.

Has anyone else ever realized or recognize a certain time of the year you are able to focus better on your health/weight goals then other times?

Yes, for me it is the Fall/Winter. The only issue, is I want to eat more. Not that I'm hungrier, just my body goes into a certain mode of wanting to eat. I live in a cold climate, above the 57th parallel. So I'm pretty covered up in the Winter when I go out. I really get the hibernation thing... In fact, I just upped my daily calorie goals and macros/micros.

This Winter I have made the decision to become a butterfly by reaching goal, or getting closer anyway, by the time Summer gets here
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,500 Member
    Options
    ScorpioGirl70
    Checkin for 1/4

Steps 7749

As I sit here and think about my weight issues and how I feel in the different seasons, there is something about winter that just doesn't help with my mood or my enthusiasm to get up and move.

I guess it could be the lack of sunny days, the cold, I'm like a bear and just want to hibernate.

I find that I am much more energetic and seem to be more on target during the spring and summer, which is odd because those are my least favorite seasons. I'm personally an autumn girl and love autumn.

Has anyone else ever realized or recognize a certain time of the year you are able to focus better on your health/weight goals then other times?

I definitely find winter really puts my energy in a slump. Winter is not my favourite season so I think that contributes. I think Spring and autumn are my best seasons for weight and exercise goals. I think it is probably because these are seasons of change.

draby2011 wrote: »
    1/4: 9,152 steps

Worked at my desk job today so I am pretty happy with those steps. Came home and got the kids all ready and fresh for school restarting tomorrow and also made some more yummy meal prep. I left the house kinda frustrated so I left without bringing any food with me. I ended up ordering from this brand new restaurant that serves bowls so I ordered one with teriyaki chicken, buffalo cauliflower, roasted sweet potato, and served over a bed of basmati rice. (I did take a bite of the rice and throw it out lol) It got me thinking, I can make those at home with the multitude of things that I have. Sooooo...that's what I did!

xtpaww11iil8.jpg
    vvjfcz2a7vt8.jpg
    9hmfp9eo6idb.jpg

I can mix and match the proteins with the sides and incorporate so many tasty options into it. I am LOVING this idea! Pictured above is some parmesan zucchini, roasted sweet potato chips, and I put it with some air fried chicken tenderloin over a bed of homemade rice. I am thinking of making a "mayochup" sauce for dipping the chicken in or maybe I will use the basil garlic alfredo from yesterday's pizza? The possibilities are endless! :smiley:

Hope everyone had a great day! I got my walk in and now getting ready for bed! Morning comes early and I have one super excited and one not so excited kid returning to school tomorrow plus tomorrow is a hospital day for me! I will let you know how lunch goes!

Your food looks delicious. You are being so creative. Keep posting and giving us ideas!
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Hello all. I am sorry I haven't posted in for a bit. I am on a weird sorta vacation. I did not want to go anywhere due to Covid, but my husband said he would go alone. That made me very nervous because a few years ago he passed out while driving (vasal vagal issue.) So now I am in a rental condo doing my job where it's warmer. We are not doing anything that's dangerous. We have worked during the last 2 days and then biked or walked. I feel like it's somewhat safe. I have eaten well because I am trying not to eat sugar or gluten because they are inflammatory. I have had a lot of hip issues and this is what a doctor told me to try. I love gluten and sugar, but I've been doing well avoiding them. I'm feeling better, so all is well. Now that I have been eating well, I can't even weigh myself. Today is my weigh-in day, but I don't have a scale. That's rather sad because I feel like I have lost weight. I think it's a Murphy's Law situation - lol. I am glad to read everyone's posts as they keep me motivated. I hope to post more this week. Cheers to a good week.

Enjoy your vacation. I have you marked as excused and we will get your weight when you return.

01/04
    Food logged.
    Under calorie budget.
    Drank 128 oz. water.
    Slept for 10 hours.
    No exercise today. :(

Went to the doctors office today and had a CT and labs. I have a concussion. Will be halving my BP meds then check results in two weeks. Taking a break from exercise until the headache and nausea go away. Now to be strict about the diet since not moving much. Will probably maintain until I get moving again.

@draby2011 , that looks positively scrumptious! Your descriptions and photos make me wish that I liked to cook. Do you have an air fryer? If so, what do you make in it and do you like it?

I hope you feel better soon. I hope the headache and nausea settles soon.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's steps 11,169

Tracking sheet was also updated.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    I am exhausted after my 10-her shift. I was on my feet the entire shift and got in over 13K steps. I enjoyed it though. Nobody got upset by the computer delays or when I told them that we would like to monitor them for an extra 15 minutes due to underlying condition or allergy history. Everyone was just happy and grateful to be getting the vaccine. I have three more shifts scheduled this week. My four shifts next week will be sitting the whole 10 hours drawing up vaccines. I would rather be on my feet but that is where the help is needed.

Stayed on track today and under calories but macros were a little off.

Thank you for being part of the vaccine campaign.

CHECK IN: Week 1 (Monday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 96 oz. Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    MON 1/4: 12,122 + 10,680 (circuit training) + 11,250 (Spin) = 34,052

Look at you go! Those steps rock!
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    01/04
    Food logged.
    Under calorie budget.
    Drank 128 oz. water.
    Slept for 10 hours.
    No exercise today. :(

Went to the doctors office today and had a CT and labs. I have a concussion. Will be halving my BP meds then check results in two weeks. Taking a break from exercise until the headache and nausea go away. Now to be strict about the diet since not moving much. Will probably maintain until I get moving again.

@draby2011 , that looks positively scrumptious! Your descriptions and photos make me wish that I liked to cook. Do you have an air fryer? If so, what do you make in it and do you like it?

Aww thanks! I do have an air fryer that I love! However because I had so much and I don't have the biggest air fryer, I opted to bake these in the oven. :smile: I am sorry to hear about your concussion! Take it easy and feel better!!!!
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 9,633

I tracked and was under calories! Shocking!! I stuck with my plan of eating dinner earlier but I was still feeling snacky after. I need to work on better snack choices today.
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1/4 check in
    drank water...yes
    3785 steps plus 20 min on stationary bike & 13 min yoga
    Close rings... yes

January Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,000 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:169.8
    CW:170.4 up down up down....grrr.
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 26.6
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Food Scale

I bought a new food scale a while back. I don’t really care for it as it is smaller. It is hard to read the scale display once I put my plate on it. Does anyone have a good recommendation on one that is a little bigger?
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    has anyone used both the premium and free versions and can tell me the value of the premium? If this cannot be discussed openly, please private message me.

I am really considering going the paid route. I did Noom last year, so looking to try something else.

Any thoughts?
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Just at the ultrasound place waiting on the radiographer. Its gallstones.

I'll write more later when I'm on the computer :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Just at the ultrasound place waiting on the radiographer. Its gallstones.

I'll write more later when I'm on the computer :)

I hope you can get something done soon. I had my gallbladder removed about 25 years ago and it was such a relief. You poor thing the pain must have been awful. Hugs!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    eaturpasta wrote: »
    1/4 check in
    drank water...yes
    3785 steps plus 20 min on stationary bike & 13 min yoga
    Close rings... yes

January Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,000 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    PW:169.8
    CW:170.4 up down up down....grrr.
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 26.6

eaturpasta wrote: »
    has anyone used both the premium and free versions and can tell me the value of the premium? If this cannot be discussed openly, please private message me.

I am really considering going the paid route. I did Noom last year, so looking to try something else.

Any thoughts?

Weight fluctuations can be so frustrating. Could the gain this week be some bloat from the holidays? I would increase my water intake. I had premium for a year. There were some things I liked but it wasn’t worth the cost to me. I believe they offer a free trial. How was Noom?

Littleflutterby
    PW:316.6
    CW: 314.8

SW-375
    LTD-60.8

Congrats on the loss and reaching 60 pounds lost. You are a rock star!
This discussion has been closed.