1/3: 7228
    1/4: 13874
    1/5: 13948
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    ScorpioGirl70
    Checkin for 1/4

Steps 7749

As I sit here and think about my weight issues and how I feel in the different seasons, there is something about winter that just doesn't help with my mood or my enthusiasm to get up and move.

I guess it could be the lack of sunny days, the cold, I'm like a bear and just want to hibernate.

I find that I am much more energetic and seem to be more on target during the spring and summer, which is odd because those are my least favorite seasons. I'm personally an autumn girl and love autumn.

Has anyone else ever realized or recognize a certain time of the year you are able to focus better on your health/weight goals then other times?

• lcfa5317
    Yes! When you live in a cold climate it is difficult to get moving in the winter. You want to curl up on a couch with a snuggly blanket. And of course you want to eat comfort food since the weather is so lousy. Summer is a much easier time to move and eat less. At least, that's how I feel too.
  • lcfa5317
    I was a 200 calories over my goal today. Here I thought I was doing well. It turns out I can still eat too many calories even if I am not eating gluten or sugar. I need to watch my intake a little more. Even so, I think my day was alright because I had lots of stress. My mom just went into the hospital with Covid induced pneumonia. Normally I'd sit down and eat if I got news like this, but I didn't do it this time. I realize that I'll just feel even worse after the food is gone.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    checkin 1/6
    scorpiogirl70

Steps 5233
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
    – Winston Churchill
  • kdlgiannoulis
    kdlgiannoulis Posts: 27 Member
    Weigh in from yesterday = 142lbs.
    I have been great with exercising, but unfortunately there is still some holiday treats around which I have been bad with.
    Goal for today - track everything I eat

Have a great day everyone😊

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    1/06
    Food logged.
    Under calorie budget.
    Drank 128 oz. water.
    No exercise. :(
    Slept 8 hours last night.

Had a lot of salty food today so expect the number on the scale to go up for a few days. Recalculated my MFP calories last night and it cut me back to 1200 again. :'( Then it said you will lose 0.9 lbs a week. Wish they wouldn't say that. It sets people up for unrealistic expectations then they freak out if the scale doesn't show x.x rate of loss.
    Discovered how to use the weight loss ticker yesterday. It never really hit me how much weight I had lost until I saw the ticker image with the pounds left to lose. I rarely look back , choosing to look ahead. I weighed this much in high school when everyone called me fat. It stirred up a lot of insecurities and buried emotions. Amazing how hurtful those memories still are. Just something else to work through. Its more important to maintain healthy habits than to give headspace to those negative feelings.

Hope you are starting to feel better. I love salty foods but I don’t like how the bloat me for a few days. Drink lots of water to help flush it out.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    CW :187.2
    PW: 187
    SW: 187.2

Steps tracked 7,556

Not a great weigh in but not unexpected from the sugar I had last week. Down close to 2 lbs from the weekend.

Didn’t get to do my workout since my day got away from me. Tracked all day and went slightly over calories.

I would take this as a win. The holiday pounds are starting to disappear so you are heading in the right direction.
  • lindamtuck2018
    azkunk wrote: »
    My day off flew by. Ran a few errands, planned healthy food for the next 2 days at work and then spent some time watching the craziness unfold in Washington DC. Needless to say, steps are low but I need a day of rest. Food and macros were on point today 😁

Great job on planning! What are some of the foods planned?

draby2011 wrote: »
    1/5: 5,786 steps
    1/6: 9,698 steps

Yesterday I was the COVID infusion nurse so I literally sat with patients for a minimum of 2 hours at a time to ensure they didn't have any reactions to the medication so not a lot of walking.

Today I needed to get my oil changed so I dropped my car off and walked to the surgery center for work and then walked back to my car. It was a beautiful day here in Florida and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I stayed super consistent diet-wise these last couple of days and I am feeling great! Just gotta keep it going! Back at the surgery center tomorrow so I will check in afterward!

Keep kicking butt everyone!

It is great you are staying on point with your eating. Anything you are doing in particular to stay on track?

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    I was a 200 calories over my goal today. Here I thought I was doing well. It turns out I can still eat too many calories even if I am not eating gluten or sugar. I need to watch my intake a little more. Even so, I think my day was alright because I had lots of stress. My mom just went into the hospital with Covid induced pneumonia. Normally I'd sit down and eat if I got news like this, but I didn't do it this time. I realize that I'll just feel even worse after the food is gone.

Sending healing thoughts for your Mom!

CHECK IN: Week 1 (Wednesday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 96 oz. Water ✔️
    🍽 Under Calories ✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    WED 1/6: (circuit training) 4,450 + (kickboxing) 13,050 + (weight lifting) 7,980 + 10,032 = 35,512

Impressive steps!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Weigh in from yesterday = 142lbs.
    I have been great with exercising, but unfortunately there is still some holiday treats around which I have been bad with.
    Goal for today - track everything I eat

Have a great day everyone😊

Those holiday treats are dangerous. My daughter sent chocolates over to my house so she wouldn’t eat them. Guess who has been stuffing their face with them? 🙋‍♀️
  • lindamtuck2018
    13,054. Steps done for the day. 🤪✌️

Hi! Would you be able to post your weight for the week so I can enter it in the spreadsheet? Thanks!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 561 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    1/5 Steps 11,301
    1/6 Steps 12,722
This discussion has been closed.