2much4u2se3
    Wk 1
    PW 275
    CW 273.5
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Jax_Grim wrote: »
    @kerdil08 Welcome aboard. Little changes can make a big difference we receive over time. Soda was something I have cut down on too. One 20 oz coke is 240 calories. If you drink one a day for a year, that is over 87,000 calories a year. Its the equivalent of 25 pounds of weight gain so if you cut out that each day thats 25 pounds a year alone for weight loss. I would easily drink one a day. Definitely a good idea for where to start. Good luck.

I gave up pop all together the day after Thanksgiving. It was a rough 2 weeks but it needed to be done. Mint dew has 47g of sugar in it, per can. I drank 1-2 a day for YEARS. Such a hard habit to break but I'm glad I did.

Good job! I gave up Pepsi a year ago. It def was rough. But I have felt so much better since I did.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Steps

1/3: 5,988
    1/4: 3,125
    1/5: 6,976
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Arc130
    Steps
    Saturday 1/2- 9926
    Sunday 1/3- 5155
    Monday- 8479
    Tuesday- 11955

Hi Jessica. Please sign me up for the steps challenge with a goal of 8k
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,798 Member
    Options
    1/2-15,123
    1/3-12,653
    1/4-10,355
    1/5-12,505
  • angmarie28
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    PW-152
    CW-152.2
  • angmarie28
    Options
    Ok, so I know I am suppose to be this groups team motivator. I also no I have a habit of falling off the face of the earth...Major Appologies for that. I get busy between work, other work, kids, and everyday everything and I simply forget. Its not just this group, I am a horrible daughter, sister, friend, I seriously do it to everyone. I forget to call them and check in on them, its a habit I am working on.

But New year, New start right.

Its the time of year for my works yearly weightloss challenge, and I am officially the one in charge this year. I am doing weekly challenges and tips ect to help keep everyone on the right track, so since I am already doing the work, why not add it to this group also....WHOS IN??????

I will post it in a little while, I am waiting for some stragglers to pop in for weigh ins in my office before I type up the email for my coworkers, when I do that, I will put it up on here too.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I love the idea @angmarie28. I'm doing the weight loss challenge on my unit at work but we don't do any challenges or anything within it. It's basically just a weigh in on January 4th and then an ending weigh in on May 12th to see who has lost the biggest percentage.
  • angmarie28
    Options
    @jenready
    We have always done weekly weigh ins, but less and less people were participating, So I looked for suggestions. I decided to add the challenges, but then someone suggested weekly prizes, and she donated a gift card towards it, and i have some extra stuff from christmas from the past 2 years, so I added those to it. I have 9 more people so far this year than I did last year, so this is exciting :)
  • SarahFinn2
    SarahFinn2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    SarahFinn2 wrote: »
    @mulecanter no problem, I can report using lbs rather than kgs :-)

PS. I am new to these forums - how do I reply underneath/to someone's comment? I can't see any option to do so.

Thanks
    @sarahfinn2 just click on "quote" under the comment you wish to reply to, just as I have done, hope this helps?

PS. I am new to these forums - how do I reply underneath/to someone's comment? I can't see any option to do so.

Thanks
    @sarahfinn2 just click on "quote" under the comment you wish to reply to, just as I have done, hope this helps?

Oh perfect, thank you! I though that was for some motivational quote people put under their posts lol
  • SarahFinn2
    SarahFinn2 Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

Thanks
    SarahFinn2
    Sunday
    PW: 78kg
    CW: 77.6kg

Looking forward to a healthier me this year

Update to lbs:

PW: 172
    CW: 169
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    kcpond
    Wednesday
    PW: 242.3
    CW:241.7
  • wilsonkellies
    wilsonkellies Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wilsonkellies
    Wednesday
  • echojuliet21
    echojuliet21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm back on track and on the negative trend meaning losing weight...
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Afternoon (or evening/morning depending where you are in the world).
    I am back to home working with both girls also doing on-line lessons.
    I've managed to do some exercise but finding it difficult at the moment as we readjust to change in working.
    I have to be on-line at set times, to teach, so apart from my part-time 2 afternoons I'm not flexible.
    Just wondering how people were fitting things in. It's too cold, dark & icey to walk outside before or after work.
    Interested in hearing alternative suggestions.
  • angmarie28
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Oh gosh I forgot to share the challenge yesterday. I actually ended up staying late at work typing it up last night so I was trying to get home. But here it is.

Week 1 Challenge-Drink your water!!!!!!!

The General rule is 8x8. Drink eight 8oz cups of water a day. That is 64oz, or 1/2 gallon. But truth is water needs vary person to person. Our bodies are 60% water. So it would make sense that a 200lb person would have more water than a 120lb person, therefore would need more water. So the recommendation is to drink 1/2-1oz of water per pound of body weight. Another recommendation is drink 2/3 of your weight in pounds, in ounces of water. so Say a person weighs 160 pounds, They should drink 80 to 160oz of water per day, or per the other recommendation of 2/3 of your weight in ounces, that would be about 106oz a day.

Did you know dehydration can feel like hunger? Sometimes when we feel hungry we really just need water.

Another Fun fact- There was a study that showed that people that drank a 16oz glass of water 15 minutes before a meal ate an average of 91 calories less that people you didn’t drink water before eating. So that means if you eat 3 meals a day, and drink 16oz of water 15 minutes before each meal, you could reduce your calorie intake by 273 calories per day

So the challenge is to take your body weight, and drink at least half of that in ounces. All liquids, even coffee, count towards hydrating, but water is always best. A good way to tell if you are hydrated is to look at your pee. If it’s the color of sprite to the color of lemonade, you are good, If it is darker, like apple juice color, you need more. Now Drink up

f8ubib9cdikl.jpg

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Jen_967 wrote: »
    I BBC would like to do 6,000 steps a day for the step challenge

got it
  • mulecanter
    Options
    @mulecanter please could you put me down for 12,000 steps in the Jan step challenge.Not that I can walk beyond my front door at the moment as my whole family is self isolating,as my youngest son has covid. We are also in teir 4 in UK so gyms closed again !! Roll on when I can get some long walks in again as not much else to do in lockdown !!

got it
  • mulecanter
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Ok, so I know I am suppose to be this groups team motivator. I also no I have a habit of falling off the face of the earth...Major Appologies for that. I get busy between work, other work, kids, and everyday everything and I simply forget. Its not just this group, I am a horrible daughter, sister, friend, I seriously do it to everyone. I forget to call them and check in on them, its a habit I am working on.

But New year, New start right.

Its the time of year for my works yearly weightloss challenge, and I am officially the one in charge this year. I am doing weekly challenges and tips ect to help keep everyone on the right track, so since I am already doing the work, why not add it to this group also....WHOS IN??????

I will post it in a little while, I am waiting for some stragglers to pop in for weigh ins in my office before I type up the email for my coworkers, when I do that, I will put it up on here too.

I would but I'm already in a death match with @jessicakrall8
  • mulecanter
    Options

Thanks
    SarahFinn2
    Sunday
    PW: 78kg
    CW: 77.6kg

Looking forward to a healthier me this year

Update to lbs:

PW: 172
    CW: 169

Thank you! English measures: Instead of Back to the Future this is Ahead to the Past
This discussion has been closed.