Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Sounds like everyone had a relaxing day! Happy New Year!! (late) And every Day after!!
    About 4 fireworks for 2 days...so nice and quiet.

I watched movies and had Chinese on the Eve, and being Northern Ohio with eating cabbage as my greens. I am so lazy I made deconstructed cabbage rolls in my crock pot. (pork, rice, cabbage, tomato soup, some brown sugar, and a few apple slices. Guess I will be unconventional this year!

Everyone's dinners sounded wonderful. Ed, I loved your plating of your beans and greens! I love lamb, too I have not cooked it at home in eons. I have not seen mutton since I was a llttle girl. It sure made good stews, if memory serves.

Putting Christmas away, but I think I will leave up my tree a bit. I just have enjoyed the lights so, maybe I will try for Epiphany Sunday as my goal.

We are all safe, and all alive. Not bad!! <3
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,483 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's warm and very foggy this morning, but it should be more dry today, partly sunny, with a high in the 60s.

We had pizza last night, so I had pizza for breakfast. My first pay hasn't hit the bank yet, because the holiday hit on Friday. It SHOULD hit sometime over the weekend, but I am not holding my breath on seeing any money before Monday.

Not a lot on the agenda today, but finishing off the pizza and working on the leftover New Year food. There is still some greens, and some of the ham and black eyed pea soup. I may make more cornbread to go with the leftovers.

I can remember 2020 like it was just the other day. :)

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Thanks for keeping the laughs coming, Ed. Not happy about parallelogram season! I don't think I've ever had mutton! (city to suburban girl). I've heard that black eyed peas are a new year's tradition. We had those apple pancakes for dinner last night. They were good, but didn't sit well with me. I made muffins out of the leftover mix.
    I love pizza, it's one of the things I miss the most.
    Jo, good that you got doubletime for your 4 hours and were off the rest of the day! Your dinner sounds delicious. I haven't had lamb in a really long time.
    Jan, Chinese food is also popular for the New Year. Your crock pot dish sounds good...funny people call things different names depending on where they're from. I think your cabbage rolls are our stuffed cabbage.
    I soaked some lima beans last night, and I think I will make soup with lima beans and cabbage...haven't had lima beans since I was a kid, don't know why I bought a bag, but...variety.
    Hope you're ok, Irene.
    It's warmer here today, 47, mixed sunshine and clouds with a high of 51 expected.
    I've started my inauguration countdown calendar, something to look forward to...18 days, 1 hour, 3 minutes + seconds.
    Have a good day, everyone. Happy weekend.
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! We will be on a cooling trend today with partly cloud skies leading up to clear and cold overnight.

Breakfast was steak and an omelet with cheese and spinach.

I did get out to buy just a few things yesterday, and to take J's car for a run. Not a lot on the agenda today. J is not particularly looking forward to returning to a full work week starting tomorrow. LOL.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    good Sunday morning
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    My soup yesterday turned out well. yum. Breakfast today was a half mashed banana mixed into an egg with cinnamon...made into a pancake. Sometimes I need a change from my apple and blueberries or oatmeal.
    It's totally overcast/rainy here this morning and 35 degrees, high of 40 expected. Put in a load of laundry, will see what else the day brings. May do some cleaning.
    Have a good Sunday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! It got colder last night than I expected, and is only 31 out there now. it should be a partly sunny day, on the cool side.

I will probably get my first grocery delivery of the year organized and ordered today.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    It's 36 and totally overcast this morning, high of 43 expected. It was very foggy last night.
    I need to take my car for a ride and return a book to the library. May do the cleaning I didn't do yesterday.
    Stay warm and healthy, everyone.

• Buttons61
    Options
    Hi!!

Sunny day. Chilly start at 34 degrees but should warm into the 60's. Yard cleaning up and house cleaning up. I have put most decorations up, except my tree. I just love the lights..so it is staying up a few more days!! Working on my 2021 calendar. So far, so good with 2021, lol....

Vaccines rolling out slowly. Doing first responders, hospital workers, and nursing homes as expected, but apparently a bit of a slow go.

Stay safe and take care.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    This is the last day of my vacation. Since I couldn't go anywhere on this vacation, I am kind of looking forward to getting back to work.
    We had a dusting of snow overnight.
    My daughter gets her first dose of the vaccine tomorrow. She works in a hospital.
    I got an email from my work stating there would be vaccine news coming soon for us.
    I hope they figure out a better way to give the vaccine. I was watching the news last night and people were standing in lines for hours to get it. I don't think this is a good idea, especially for the elderly.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It's the 12th day of Christmas, and the tradition would be to have twelfth cake, but I don't have a recipe for that. It's probably too rich for me anyway so I shouldn't be eating it. I will have some panettone in lieu of that.

And it's finally time to have that runoff election here in Georgia. We voted absentee, a few weeks ago, so don't have that on the agenda, thank goodness.

Yesterday I received the first grocery delivery of the year, and today will be the second, from a different source. There is no ONE store that has all the things I want, and there are sometimes outages anyway.

I have two pounds of ground beef thawed in the refrigerator that I need to do something with today. I think Eduardo may be plotting something. Hmmmmm.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jan, colder here too. I love the holiday lights, really cheers up the dreary winter. I'm glad they have the vaccines started...I just hope they roll them out the way they should be...slower is ok, better than rushed and botched. We've lost over 1 in 1000 people in the USA to date from the virus alone, not including the people with other conditions they were unable to take care of. That's horrendous.
    Jo, I'm glad you got some time off to rest and relax. I'm so glad your daughter and other hospital workers are getting the vaccine first. I hope the grocery and other essential workers get theirs soon too. These are the people who have been so steadfast and who we all depend on. I think they will figure out a better way to deliver the vaccines...there will be a new team working on that at the federal level, and it will be a priority.
    Ed, I'm so glad you got your vote in early. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome. I love how you celebrate all the holidays with traditional dishes. I'm sure you could find a recipe online if you really wanted to. I'm getting back to trying to avoid added sugars...kind of let myself over-treat.
    Irene, how's Sammie doing?
    I have a book to pick up at the library today, and some cleaning to do that I didn't finish yesterday.
    It's overcast and cold here...36 with a high of 39 expected.
    Have a good day, everyone. Stay healthy.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It's cold and clear now, at 30 degrees, and should be a cool, partly cloudy day, and a slightly warmer night than this past one.

Lunch yesterday utilized some of the ground beef, ending up as cheeseburger chickpea rotini, that turned out delicious. Dinner was chili Frito pie, in lieu of taco Tuesday, and breakfast this morning was a bowl of chili. Lunch is looking likely to be chili too. Great food for cooler days.

Thank goodness the special election is over. The amount of election mail (both email and US Mail) I had been receiving was staggering. We got at least two or three times as much as I remember getting over the main election in November last year, a good chunk of it asking for donations. I think they threw plenty of money at this special election and didn't add any of mine to that pot.

I think I need to get started on some laundry today. As always, the grocery list seems to grow, and I will have to get out for cat food within the week.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    That must have been a big package of ground beef, Ed. Chili is great for cool weather.
    I'll be glad when the inauguration is done, maybe things will begin to get back to some semblance of normal.
    Another totally overcast day here...it rained some yesterday and overnight. Currently 36 degrees with an expected high of 41. No special plans for today, will see what the day brings.
    Be careful, everyone, stay safe, stay healthy.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!!

Jo, I just love your attitude! Never Have I ever said the words I am ready to go back to work!! :D I am glad your daughter is going to get her vaccine. Some of the nurses down here are not taking it. I am surprised at that. Hopefully most will. Grocery workers and truck drivers are certainly heroes in my book! Seeing how testing came down, I am content to wait for my turn at the vaccine to trickle down. Maybe we will see a change in 6 mos. I hope. Ed, you did that stretching of that ground meat quite well. All great choices, yum. Irene, you will have to work on getting a picture of Sammie on here. ( I am laughing as I have no idea to do it myself.)

What a mess in Washington. I am embarrassed and really saddened by all of it.

Rain expected all day. Cozy day to be at home!

Are any of you getting rid of your adobe if you have some things downloaded with it? Just curious what you are replacing it with. Some of my older stuff used that and I do not want to lose things. The new plug in's will not retrieve anything from adobe. Any thoughts??

Take care all. Stay safe and sane. Only half kidding... :)<3
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It's cold this morning, but supposed to warm into the mid 40s. OK. That is still cold. LOL. And there is a good chance of rain for this afternoon, evening, and overnight.

Yesterday's riots in DC were appalling, but that is all I will say about them other than that I really can't think that anyone could approve of that kind of violence.

I need to get yesterday's laundry folded.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I am thankful to Stacy Abrams and the people of Georgia for helping to keep our democracy. Some in DC showed their true colors yesterday, and they were not patriotic. A lot of people in the USA need to stop believing the lies and appreciate our freedoms and responsibilities. I am thankful that we have enough people that want a democracy and not a dictatorship. I'm right there for invoking the 25th amendment. This perversion of what our country stands for can not continue. The last 4 years have been appalling.
    Yesterday there were new records for covid cases and deaths. It's like Pearl Harbor or 911 every day. It didn't have to be that way. I am thankful for our scientists and health professionals. I may be preaching to the choir, but I had to let that out.
    I hope you all have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Wow...just all I can think of today. :(

No matter what side, the level of anger and rudeness and crudeness is terrible. We are becoming a terrible society with a downward spiral for years.

Take care and do a kindness for someone this week! <3
  • eku0
    Options
    No. There is a right and wrong side of the law. It does matter what side you're on.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

It looks like it will be overcast today with colder overall temperatures and a very slight chance of rain.

I may get out for a few things at Lidl and/or Ingle's, or may see if I have enough on the list to justify a delivery order from Kroger. I will decide that after tea and breakfast. I heard the pot gurgle so I think the tea is ready.