Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning. Mostly sunny with a high of 73 today....beautiful. :)
    Roger, I will mark the bottle.
    We can use the gas fireplace if the electricity goes out. It has an electric starter (switch on the wall), but we can put double A batteries in another starter underneath to get it going. We have already done that so I know it works. :)
    Irene, glad Annie is feeling better and that you are enjoying the beginning of the Fall weather.
    Hi Jo, hope all is well.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Just finished catching up with everyone. I found a nickel this week.
    I finally got a date to have my car fixed. It isn't until the middle of Oct. They are booked until then. At lease my car is drivable.
    I am loving this cooler fall weather. Nothing special planned for today.
    Enjoy your day! :)

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I have posted more humor, Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 53 degrees at the time I left for my walk. I did see 5 or 6 Deer, It was hard to count them as they were in motion.

Saturday the High was in the low 70s.

https://www.studyfinds.org/25-workers-quit-job-long-commute-study-finds/
    Survey: Nearly 1 In 4 Workers Has Quit Job Over Rough Commute

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/amazon-s-copy-cat-products-targeted-as-eu-quizzes-smaller-rivals
    Is Amazon Unfairly Copying Products? EU Quizzes Merchants

https://fox17.com/news/local/270-pain-pills-per-person-tennessee-county-under-investigation-by-dea
    270 pain pills per person: Tennessee county under investigation by DEA

https://www.bloombergquint.com/global-economics/return-of-u-s-flu-season-brings-worries-about-a-virulent-replay
    Return of U.S. Flu Season Brings Worries About a Virulent Replay
    So many people caught the flu that some hospitals and pharmacies across the U.S. ran out of antiviral drugs, Alabama declared a state of emergency and a school district in Arkansas closed all 10 of its schools.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/09/25/baltimore-highest-homicide-rate/
    Baltimore Had Highest Homicide Rate Of U.S. Big Cities In 2017

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2018/09/27/meet-new-air-force-helicopters-that-can-defy-armageddon.html
    Meet the new Air Force helicopters that can 'defy Armageddon'

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/world/new-giant-dinosaur-brontosaurus-relative/index.html
    New 26,000-pound dinosaur discovery was Earth's largest land animal

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/09/28/robocallers-slapped-with-huge-fines-for-using-spoofed-phone-numbers/?utm_source=Naked+Security+-+Sophos+List&utm_campaign=fb3b205a6e-Naked+Security+daily+news+email&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_31623bb782-fb3b205a6e-418502465
    Robocallers slapped with huge fines for using spoofed phone numbers

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, Roger yesterday the rain stopped about 6am so I did get out early. I think Annie is feeling better she isn't shaking her ears as much . Our weather today is great it was in 40s today great fall day take care everyone
    Hi Irene
    Today after looking at the temperatures I put on a Thin UnderArmor long sleeve shirt that I bought Years ago and wore light gloves.

I think I shall go shorten the Grass AKA Lawn later on, Long Pants and the Long sleeve shirt to help prevent getting hit on the leg by whatever comes out of the mower shoot.

I'm glad to hear that Annie is improving.

Good Luck with further improvement
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning. Mostly sunny with a high of 73 today....beautiful. :)
    Roger, I will mark the bottle.
    We can use the gas fireplace if the electricity goes out. It has an electric starter (switch on the wall), but we can put double A batteries in another starter underneath to get it going. We have already done that so I know it works. :)
    Irene, glad Annie is feeling better and that you are enjoying the beginning of the Fall weather.
    Hi Jo, hope all is well.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    Yup, we have several nice days in the forecast and for the last couple of days.

We could have used a gas fireplace like that after Superstorm Sandy killed the electric for days and the house was cold as a result.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Just finished catching up with everyone. I found a nickel this week.
    I finally got a date to have my car fixed. It isn't until the middle of Oct. They are booked until then. At lease my car is drivable.
    I am loving this cooler fall weather. Nothing special planned for today.
    Enjoy your day! :)
    Hi Joanne
    Someone is up and online I noticed :smiley:
    I should talk, I was out the door at 4:59 for my walk this morning. Once again no money was found :(

It could be worse, The car could be in a state where it had to be towed. Can I guess that the lights are OK on it as they as are a safety feature, even if many drivers seem to be unable to figure out what that stalk on the left side of the steering wheel column is used for.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Supposed to be mostly sunny today with a high of 73, but so far it's cloudy.
    Jo, that seems like a long wait to get your car fixed. I guess they have to order parts, and put you in line with others. Good that it's drivable. I'm enjoying the cooler weather too.
    Roger, it is nice and cool in the a.m. Yay for Fall. :)
    Hi Irene.
    No special plans for today. May go for a walk . Have to start planning sights to see on vacation.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning. we had a really nice walk we went a little over an hour the weather is great for walking. We aren't going to close the pool this week George want to run the filter in the pool a little longer.no real big plans I think we are going to go get some pumpkins take care everyone. J o hope your car get fixed soon before you know it ,it will be fixed
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    We went to the Topsfield Fair yesterday.I have never been before and it is only a little over an hour away. We got there just as it was opening and left a couple of hours later when it started to get too crowded.
    My daughter come over later in the day for a knitting lesson. I tried to teach her when she was younger, but she wasn't interested. She did well for her first lesson. I sent her home with yarn, needles and an instruction book to practice. We will have another lesson next weekend. :)
    Vix-where are you going on your vacation?
    We have started to plan a trip to see my son in the late spring or early summer next year.
    Hi Roger.
    Hi Irene.
    No plans for today, I will see what the day brings.
    Have a good day! :)
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more humor.

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 58 degrees at the time I left for my walk. I did see one Deer, They are so unafraid that I can usually get within 50 feet before they move and even then they only move a little way.

I was afraid that I might have damaged my Diet yesterday with the 0.6 pounds of Spare Ribs on top of my regular meals, However I was down this morning so Whee ! The Spare Ribs had a sprinkling of some dry topping, however they tasted like Roast Pork and were so tender that the meat fell off the bones cleanly and I did enjoy them. I did not weigh the bones to see what the net weight of the Pork was.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/risk-ebolas-spread-congo-now-very-high-says-070430753.html
    Risk of Ebola's spread from Congo now 'very high,' WHO says

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/28/17906158/nasa-spacex-oneweb-satellite-large-constellations-orbital-debris
    As satellite constellations grow larger, NASA is worried about orbital debris
    The space agency argues that these probes need to be de-orbited — reliably

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/733054/terror-isis-plague-black-death-monkeypox-cholera-ebola-spread-symptoms
    Plane PLAGUE could be WEAPONISED by terrorists 'very quickly': 'It's the Holy Grail'
    TERRORISTS could weaponise highly infectious diseases to infect civilian populations across borders “very quickly”, an expert has revealed to Daily Star Online.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20180928/radical-vegans-strike-fear-into-the-hearts-of-french-butchers
    'Radical vegans' strike fear into the hearts of French butchers

https://www.bloombergquint.com/pursuits/mark-hotel-penthouse-most-expensive-hotel-room-at-75-000-a-night
    The Most Expensive Hotel Room in America Costs $75,000 a Night

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/man-killed-in-freak-car-crash-after-trying-to-reach/article_e2cd2998-4d91-5f74-933b-42bd6a48a7ef.html
    Man killed in freak car crash after trying to reach his food at Jack in the Box drive-thru in St. Louis

Sad
    https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/28/news/companies/sears-penny-stock/index.html
    Sears is now a penny stock

https://www.chron.com/life/article/Drinking-Dr-Pepper-and-smoking-cigarettes-13265884.php
    Drinking Dr Pepper and smoking cigars: Centenarians share their secrets to living past 100

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Supposed to be mostly sunny today with a high of 73, but so far it's cloudy.
    Jo, that seems like a long wait to get your car fixed. I guess they have to order parts, and put you in line with others. Good that it's drivable. I'm enjoying the cooler weather too.
    Roger, it is nice and cool in the a.m. Yay for Fall. :)
    Hi Irene.
    No special plans for today. May go for a walk . Have to start planning sights to see on vacation.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I could be wrong but I suspect that most brands have speedy parts delivery. The longest delay would be if a part was out of stock due to design problems. I ran into that as a Authorized Service Center for one brand of laptop, that was with one model that had a design problem where the AC Adapter plug plugged in, the bottom of the case had a design problem where the socket inside would end up pushed in.

The weather has been great, No need for the Heat or the AC to be used. My bedroom for example seems to run around 73 degrees overnight and that is OK for sleep since I put a box fan on low to keep the air moving year round.

We seem to be heading into a patch of warmer weather that will be above average :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning. we had a really nice walk we went a little over an hour the weather is great for walking. We aren't going to close the pool this week George want to run the filter in the pool a little longer.no real big plans I think we are going to go get some pumpkins take care everyone. J o hope your car get fixed soon before you know it ,it will be fixed
    Hi Irene
    I am loving the overnight temperatures for my walks.

Hmm, I guess with the pool heater off You are not using it OTOH.

I use a Ceramic Pumpkin that mom did many years ago for Halloween.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    We went to the Topsfield Fair yesterday.I have never been before and it is only a little over an hour away. We got there just as it was opening and left a couple of hours later when it started to get too crowded.
    My daughter come over later in the day for a knitting lesson. I tried to teach her when she was younger, but she wasn't interested. She did well for her first lesson. I sent her home with yarn, needles and an instruction book to practice. We will have another lesson next weekend. :)
    Vix-where are you going on your vacation?
    We have started to plan a trip to see my son in the late spring or early summer next year.
    Hi Roger.
    Hi Irene.
    No plans for today, I will see what the day brings.
    Have a good day! :)
    Hi Joanne
    I Googled and I saw this "The Topsfield Fair, America's oldest agricultural fair" that means I had guessed wrong as I had guessed County Fair.

Teaching knitting :)

Am I remembering wrong or would that be a Trip to The U K ?

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Jo, we are going to NM. Will stay one night in Albuquerque then go on to Santa Fe. Will do some additional detail planning this week. I have a cousin in Santa Fe. Looking forward to seeing him. Glad you're planning another trip. So exciting to go to Europe.
    I should probably start knitting baby things....but I haven't. Need to motivate!
    Roger and Irene...it's been great walking weather. I did actually go for a walk yesterday. Only did half the usual park walk. It was enough for me, it's still hard on my hip. So I'll keep up with the eliptical and do shorter walks for a while.
    I have a massage this morning. No other specific plans for the day.
    It's a new week already. Time is flying. Have a great week, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we had a great day yesterday we went to a pumpkin farm we got mums and pumpkins now I need to decorate the front yard. Roger we didn't close the pool with it being in the 80s tomorrow I just might get in it . Vix I crochet never learned how to knit .I bet you start making baby stuff now so cool. Hey Jo before you know it you will have your car backed fixed.
  • RogerToo
    FWIW I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 63 degrees at the time I left for my walk.

I am seeing more Halloween Decorations while walking, that started on the 29th of Sept.
    I think I'll put the lighted Cat and the Lighted Bat in the Living room window today.

Be Alert, We need more Lerts :smiley:

Frightened and hurt, the man called the police to report he'd been knocked down by an unknown assailant outside his back door. The policeman who went to investigate soon returned with a huge bump on his forehead.
    "I solved the case," he reported.
    "That's quick work. What did you find?"
    "I stepped on the rake, too."
    I never tried this, hmm...
    You cant fold any paper in half more than 7 times.
    +++++++++++++
    Green eggs and ham was written as a bet that Dr Seuss could not write a book containing more than 50 different words.

https://apps.bostonglobe.com/spotlight/secret-courts/
    Inside our secret courts
    Criminal charges often disappear without a trace. There are few rules and fewer records. In these private hearings, who you are — and who you know — may be just as important as right and wrong.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-helps-publishers-sell-millions-books-both-pro-100845616.html
    Trump helps publishers sell millions of books -- both pro and con

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Jo, we are going to NM. Will stay one night in Albuquerque then go on to Santa Fe. Will do some additional detail planning this week. I have a cousin in Santa Fe. Looking forward to seeing him. Glad you're planning another trip. So exciting to go to Europe.
    I should probably start knitting baby things....but I haven't. Need to motivate!
    Roger and Irene...it's been great walking weather. I did actually go for a walk yesterday. Only did half the usual park walk. It was enough for me, it's still hard on my hip. So I'll keep up with the eliptical and do shorter walks for a while.
    I have a massage this morning. No other specific plans for the day.
    It's a new week already. Time is flying. Have a great week, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I wonder if Your cousin can also point You towards Tourist attractions ?

In my case motivation is also lacking, Oh well :(

Congratulations on walking, I had thought that the Elliptical was a walking type exercise ?

Good Luck with the Hip
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, we had a great day yesterday we went to a pumpkin farm we got mums and pumpkins now I need to decorate the front yard. Roger we didn't close the pool with it being in the 80s tomorrow I just might get in it . Vix I crochet never learned how to knit .I bet you start making baby stuff now so cool. Hey Jo before you know it you will have your car backed fixed.
    Hi Irene
    Just curious a real Pumpkin Farm with the Pumpkins still attached to the Vine or a Pumpkin patch where they just sit out Pumpkins ?

Indian Summer type weather for a few days, Actually I seem to remember the weatherman saying we would have have a stretch of warmer than normal weather.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Joanne
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Roger, the elliptical is sort of a cross between walking and riding a bike. I think it's easier on my hip because there is no leg impact with the ground, and I can limit my time. (Don't have to walk back from where ever I walk to.) My cousin did send me a list of things to do and restaurants, etc. :)
    Irene, knitting is easier for me....I have a hard time crocheting a straight line!
    Hi Jo.
    Stained glass and clay today. Happy Tuesday. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, since the weather has been so nice Annie and I have been going for an extra walk. Of course she is loving it no plans for today just got back from getting my nails done. Roger they just picked them up from the field so much easier with Annie take care everyone