Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Nice that you're still getting a harvest, Roger.
    Irene, great news about your house.
    So, Jo, are you a mushroom expert?
    Cloudy today, with a high of 78 expected. 70s and 60s the expected highs for the next 10 days. I'm good with that.
    No special plans for today. I'd like to get my exercise and some cleaning done.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
    Hello Vix
    the Garden is pretty much done the Cherry and Plum Tomatoes are slowing down and the deer damage has pretty much ended the Green Bean production :(
    There are still a few Raspberries which I picked a few of Friday.

The Temperatures are looking much better for the duration of the Weather Forecast.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning.
    Mostly cloudy today, high of 70, then 60s the next 2 days. Sun is peeking out now.
    Roger, kind of makes sense that people would drink more in colder climates. And I think half my calls are robocalls already! I try to report as many of them as I can. But they keep using different numbers.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    Out to brunch with the family today to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Then back here for dessert. :) Always enjoy these celebrations.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, we had a great walk found 11 cents plus 7597 steps . I did call the realtor yesterday to see if they have a date yet and so far they don't have one should be around the 1st. I did get my yard mowed it never rained here yesterday . Today I have started to wash the sheets and the bedding so it will be nice and fresh for bed tonight. George plans on closing the pool and power wash the house that is all that will be going on in my house. vix enjoy your brunch with your family today. hey Roger and Jo
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-Happy birthday to your daughter. How is she feeling, any morning sickness? What fun, planning a baby shower.
    Roger-Congrats on the new dryer.
    Irene-Once the house closes you will be able to relax a bit. Good Luck!
    I cut the mushrooms in half, one was white inside and the other a mix of white and yellow with a soft spongy interior. I threw them away, as I don't know a lot about mushrooms and didn't want to take any chances.
    Today we are going apple picking. It should be a great day for it, sunny and cool.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • RogerToo
    I have already posted more humor, enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 61 degrees and comfortable. When I left the house it was dry outside except for the occasional drizzle that became heavier after I picked up my coffee.

Yesterday, Friday, The New Dryer arrived early and as I was out on the road delivering Sliced Metwurst, a type of sliced dried sausage, The one You typically see in a Italian Deli with what looks like white salt leaching onto the outside and a couple of sleeves of Ritz Crackers, A Unopened jar of Peanut Butter and the other two sleeves of crackers. That should be tasty and gets rid of temptation too :wink:
    Then I was in CVS looking for something my brother wanted when the cellphone went off that the Dryer delivery was already there and they could not find the Gas Shutoff. So home where I found the the shutoff and the dryer was installed. It has a feature we will likely never use. That would be a Shelf that clips into the Lint trap area to dry things like sneakers. Later I read the manual since this one is more complicated than the one it is replacing.

https://abc7.com/4297967/

Mother arrested for taking phone away from teenage daughter

https://www.yahoo.com/news/yellowstone-thermal-spring-erupts-4th-time-60-years-205633388.html
    Yellowstone thermal spring erupts for 4th time in 60 years
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1020357/yellowstone-volcano-eruption-geysers-earthquake-thermal-activity
    Yellowstone VOLCANO LATEST: Geysers shooting ROCKS and steam - thermal activity INCREASES

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-sets-traps-for-drivers-2018-9
    Amazon plants fake packages in delivery trucks as part of an undercover ploy to 'trap' drivers who are stealing
    Shrinkage — the industry's term for losses attributable to theft, error, or fraud — cost retailers nearly $47 billion last year, according to the National Retail Federation.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-19/next-big-geomagnetic-storm-poses-astronomical-risk-modern-man
    The Next Big Geomagnetic Storm Poses An Astronomical Risk To Modern Man

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7311908/next-flu-could-be-deadlier-than-spanish-flu-affecting-400million/
    RISK TO MANKIND Next flu pandemic could be ‘DEADLIER than Spanish flu – wiping out 400 million across the globe’
    Pandemic infection is considered one of the biggest threats to mankind by governments across the globe

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/09/21/fda-links-popular-flea-tick-medications-to-neurological-problems-in-dogs-cats/
    FDA Links Popular Flea, Tick Medications To Neurological Problems In Dogs, Cats

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/09/20/popular-keto-low-carb-diet-could-have-long-term-consequences-new-studies-reveal/\
    Popular Keto Low-Carb Diet Could Have Long-Term Consequences, New Studies Reveal

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Mostly cloudy today, high of 70, then 60s the next 2 days. Sun is peeking out now.
    Roger, kind of makes sense that people would drink more in colder climates. And I think half my calls are robocalls already! I try to report as many of them as I can. But they keep using different numbers.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    Out to brunch with the family today to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Then back here for dessert. :) Always enjoy these celebrations.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I had noticed a trend a while ago of numbers that looked local that had no name attached to them, I never answer that sort of thing, All I do is when the phone rings in my pocket, I hit the Volume button on the side which silences the ringing and since I have it set to buzz stops that too. Then I pull it out, look at the number and decide whether or not to answer it.
    Reporting spam numbers is like playing "Whack a Mole" knock one down and a different one pops up.

I am sure You loved the family time.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, we had a great walk found 11 cents plus 7597 steps . I did call the realtor yesterday to see if they have a date yet and so far they don't have one should be around the 1st. I did get my yard mowed it never rained here yesterday . Today I have started to wash the sheets and the bedding so it will be nice and fresh for bed tonight. George plans on closing the pool and power wash the house that is all that will be going on in my house. vix enjoy your brunch with your family today. hey Roger and Jo
    Hi Irene
    I have not been finding a lot of money this summer, Economy, Getting out earlier or why I have no idea.
    Yes, The weather has been a lot cooler than we have seen for a while, I love it.

That sounds like plenty going on between the mowing, washing, closing the pool and Then Power Washing the House, Wow You are keeping busy.

Good Luck getting a date soon.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Vix-Happy birthday to your daughter. How is she feeling, any morning sickness? What fun, planning a baby shower.
    Roger-Congrats on the new dryer.
    Irene-Once the house closes you will be able to relax a bit. Good Luck!
    I cut the mushrooms in half, one was white inside and the other a mix of white and yellow with a soft spongy interior. I threw them away, as I don't know a lot about mushrooms and didn't want to take any chances.
    Today we are going apple picking. It should be a great day for it, sunny and cool.
    Enjoy your day! :)
    Hi Joanne
    That sounds like what I would do with Mushrooms that were not from the market. Why take chances when some of them can make you ill or kill.

Any type of apples in particular or do they have more than one variety to pick from ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning. Raining and 56, high of 59 forecast for today.
    Roger, I like the cooler weather too. Reporting the robocalls is exactly like whack-a-mole. :smirk:
    Jo, interesting that the mushrooms were different inside. I wouldn't trust any found mushrooms either. My daughter is finally feeling better, into her 4th month, thanks. This is so much fun and they are so happy, it's just wonderful. Have fun picking apples!
    Irene, family days are always great. :) You are busy with all the home work. Do you take Sundays to just relax?
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :smiley:
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well it is raining here but still went on a short walk not sure what we are going to do today. We didn't get the pool closed so probably next weekend. Jo apple picking sounds fun. Normally Sundays are a day just to kick back and enjoy must of the time we just go for a ride in the jeep. We still don't have a date for closing hopefully it will be the 1st.Oh vix it sounds so excited glad your daughter is feeling better. Roger enjoy your new dryer
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Cool here but no rain just supposed to be a cloudy day. That is ok I have laundry to do and a house to clean.
    Roger-we picked honeycrisp, macs and golden supreme apples. It was hard finding any good honeycrisp apples. They were either rotten or had brown spots on them. There were a lot of apples on the ground that I suspect happened with the heavy rains.
    The orchard also has paula red, macoun, courtland and gala apples. They also sell warm apple cider donuts and of course we had to have one. They were so good. :)
    Vix-I am glad your daughter is feeling better.
    Hi Irene.
    Enjoy your day!
  • RogerToo
    I Already posted more humor this morning

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 60 degrees and comfortable. Later this evening into tomorrow there is rain in the forecast.
    When I was on the outbound leg I saw the same three deer I have been seeing lately crossing the road ahead of me.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/09/21/cannabinoid-hyperemesis-syndrome-emergency-room/
    Emergency Rooms Seeing Rise In Syndrome Related To Marijuana Use

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/09/22/petsmart-grooming-dog-deaths/
    10-Year Investigation Finds 47 Dogs Died After Grooming At PetSmart, Link Uncertain

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/731500/NASA-Mars-Curiosity-Rover-blackout-mystery-glitch-conspiracy-frenzy-video
    NASA Mars Curiosity Rover BLACKOUT over 'mystery glitch' sparks conspiracy frenzy
    NASA’s Mars Curiosity Rover has temporarily halted science operations due to a "mystery glitch", and conspiracy theorists are convinced the space agency is hiding something.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/sep/22/regular-body-upgrades-what-will-humans-look-like-in-100-years
    ‘We will get regular body upgrades’: what will humans look like in 100 years?
    Mechanical exoskeletons, bionic limbs, uploadable brains: six experts’ visions of 2118

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/puppies-spread-antibiotic-resistant-infections-to-118-people-cdc/
    Puppies spread antibiotic-resistant infections to 118 people, CDC reports

https://abc7.com/ca-gov-signs-measure-that-lets-utilities-bill-customers-to-pay-for-wildfire-costs/4304446/
    Gov. Jerry Brown signs measure allowing utilities to bill customers to pay for
    California Gov. Jerry Brown has signed a measure allowing utilities to bill their customers to pay for future legal settlements stemming from devastating 2017 wildfires. (KGO-TV )
    Brown announced Friday he'd signed the bill, which is aimed at preventing bankruptcy for Pacific Gas & Electric Co. The massive utility faces billions of dollars in liability if investigators determine its equipment caused the Tubbs Fire that destroyed thousands of homes and killed 22 people in Santa Rosa last year.

https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/407661-have-smartphones-soured-americans-on-america
    Have smartphones soured Americans on America?

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning. Raining and 56, high of 59 forecast for today.
    Roger, I like the cooler weather too. Reporting the robocalls is exactly like whack-a-mole. :smirk:
    Jo, interesting that the mushrooms were different inside. I wouldn't trust any found mushrooms either. My daughter is finally feeling better, into her 4th month, thanks. This is so much fun and they are so happy, it's just wonderful. Have fun picking apples!
    Irene, family days are always great. :) You are busy with all the home work. Do you take Sundays to just relax?
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :smiley:
    Hi Vix
    We were lucky as far as rain where I am, Early on there was a drizzle, just enough to wet the ground except under the trees. Then around 1PM while at the Grocery Store There were some large drops hitting the windshield, not enough to completely wet the ground and that was all I saw. South NJ had more rain from what they showed on the Weather forecast 0.5 inches or more. Maybe Irene can confirm that ?

I have a suspicion that the Do Not Call registry list could be used by scammers as a source of verified phone numbers :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, well it is raining here but still went on a short walk not sure what we are going to do today. We didn't get the pool closed so probably next weekend. Jo apple picking sounds fun. Normally Sundays are a day just to kick back and enjoy must of the time we just go for a ride in the jeep. We still don't have a date for closing hopefully it will be the 1st.Oh vix it sounds so excited glad your daughter is feeling better. Roger enjoy your new dryer
    Hi Irene
    Do You plan to put one of those floating devices and use a cover over the top as the closing down process.

The days run together and Weekends have lost any special meaning after 5 years retired. The only difference is that weekends are days not to go anywhere due to the larger crowds as well as the so called "Sunday Drivers"
    The only Sunday activity in this house is a run to the Grocery Store by my Brother, As he looks at it Mondays are the restocking day after the weekends crowds.

Good Luck with a closing in the near future.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Cool here but no rain just supposed to be a cloudy day. That is ok I have laundry to do and a house to clean.
    Roger-we picked honeycrisp, macs and golden supreme apples. It was hard finding any good honeycrisp apples. They were either rotten or had brown spots on them. There were a lot of apples on the ground that I suspect happened with the heavy rains.
    The orchard also has paula red, macoun, courtland and gala apples. They also sell warm apple cider donuts and of course we had to have one. They were so good. :)
    Vix-I am glad your daughter is feeling better.
    Hi Irene.
    Enjoy your day!
    Hi Joanne
    I like HoneyCrisp, and Gala Apples. My Brother likes Macoun apples and I do not recall ever having Courtland Apples. I blame the weather on the rotten or spotted apples. The Gardens around here did not do nearly as well as last year and the one apple that did grow on my apples trees had two spots of rot on opposite sides.
    Warm Apple Cider Donuts sound to delicious to pass by so I can see why You indulged. Did You get any Cider to wash it down ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well it rained so much yesterday that we didn't close the pool hopefully next weekend. We went and got our flu shot yesterday on Sundays we don't do much take care everyone Roger we don't use any floating devices.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Still raining from yesterday. At least it's a light rain, so no big puddles.
    I have an acupuncture appt this afternoon. Will do some things around the house today.
    Ordered party favors for my daughter's shower yesterday, and starting to figure out the menu...kind of depends on how many people are coming. Showers are not the simple parties they used to be!
    Good that you got your flu shot, Irene. I'm going to wait until I get rid of this little cold I have.
    Roger do you live by a park or large wooded areas where the deer live? I still kind of look forward to weekends because I know I don't have any regular schedule, and I can plan to get together with friends and family who are still working, or just relax.
    Jo, apple picking sounds like fun. Glad you got to enjoy a yummy donut!
    Another week....hope you all have a good one. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Joanne

I did post some more humor, enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 58 degrees and comfortable. The rain in the forecast that was to arrive overnight was a light drizzle out the door with some brief periods of slightly heavier rain. The forecast is for heavy off and on rain today :(

I went back out and helped my brother with one of his hobbies and ended up with several thousand more steps.
    He also pointed out the Pear Tree growing wild that he had brought home some of last year. When we checked we picked up enough to overfill the Fruit / Vegetable drawer in the refrigerator. They are not a sweet variety but tasty enough so that is some money saved for the future. Since they are growing wild I will be cutting them up just in case of a worm inside, better to find it that way then to find a half of a worm as You are eating it :smiley:

Yesterdays weather never got out of the 60s, Today temps should be good, just wet and Wednesday the forecast is for the weather to hit 80 degrees or higher before dropping back to seasonal Thursday.

I checked the New Heat resistant cement I placed where the Furnace exhaust enters the Chimney and it is hard and did not crack like what I used last year did. The appliance store also said the when we change the water heater the flue pipe will need to be changed from a three inch to a four inch pipe and that raises the cost significantly, I asked as sooner or later it will need to be changed :(

http://news-edition.com/used-car-sales-boom-as-new-cars-get-too-pricey-for-many/
    Used-Car Sales Boom as New Cars Get Too Pricey for Many

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hackers-target-real-estate-deals-devastating-impact-015558592.html
    Hackers target real estate deals, with devastating impact

https://abc11.com/pender-county-fire-department-washes-fish-off-of-i-40/4315447/
    https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article218886230.html
    Pender County fire department washes fish off of I-40

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/09/21/turtle-creek-teen-girl-second-degree-burns-paramedics-refuse-transportation/
    ‘It Is A Second-Degree Burn’: Mother To File Complaint, Says Paramedics Refused To Transport Teen Daughter To Hospital

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/31/epa-regulations-violate-constitutional-rights/
    EPA regulations violate constitutional rights

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2018/09/oregon_woman_steals_ambulance.html
    Oregon woman steals ambulance as medics perform CPR inside a building, goes on wild 30-mile joyride, cops say

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, well it rained so much yesterday that we didn't close the pool hopefully next weekend. We went and got our flu shot yesterday on Sundays we don't do much take care everyone Roger we don't use any floating devices.
    Hi Irene
    I did not mean floating devices while using the pool, what I was trying to say is that I have seen some sort of floating device under a cover as part of the weatherization process. I suppose You could Drain it and if I did that I would be worried about the sides collapsing hence my question.

I suspected You would get a lot of rain from the weather forecasts, Sunday we had a couple of light sprinkles and that was it as we must have been on the fringe of the rain.

I got my Flu shot a couple of Saturdays ago, For many years I did not bother however as I am getting older I tend to be more careful with my health.

Sundays traditionally are a day to lay back and relax :smiley:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Still raining from yesterday. At least it's a light rain, so no big puddles.
    I have an acupuncture appt this afternoon. Will do some things around the house today.
    Ordered party favors for my daughter's shower yesterday, and starting to figure out the menu...kind of depends on how many people are coming. Showers are not the simple parties they used to be!
    Good that you got your flu shot, Irene. I'm going to wait until I get rid of this little cold I have.
    Roger do you live by a park or large wooded areas where the deer live? I still kind of look forward to weekends because I know I don't have any regular schedule, and I can plan to get together with friends and family who are still working, or just relax.
    Jo, apple picking sounds like fun. Glad you got to enjoy a yummy donut!
    Another week....hope you all have a good one. :)
    Hi Vix
    small to no puddles is better :smiley: When it rains as I am walking go around them, I hate it when cold water splashes into my shoes.

I guess with the menu You even need to take into account dietary restrictions among the guests any more.

I seem to remember that they suggest not getting a Flu Shot when You have a cold.

The Deer live in the wild areas along the brooks by day and come out to eat by night. some of those areas are likely large, I never looked at a map to be sure OTOH. We do have plenty of parks, small to large, not a place where the deer would hang out as they usually have people and playgrounds.

That would be a reason to look forward to weekends that I had not thought of :(

Have a Nice Day
    Roger