Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Rained here all day yesterday and into today too....looks like mostly rain for the next 10 days, although the temps are mostly in the 70s which is ok with me. My DL is good for 8 years (got it renewed in 2013, due in 2021) We can renew our registrations online, and they mail the updated registration card and sticker.
    Irene, we saw a few cars up there with "just married" on them. Popular honeymoon spot. :) Good luck with all the inspections. It is simpler here in MD.
    Roger, hope your knees are feeling better...always bad to take a fall. My bruise is finally fading from my shot 3 weeks ago.
    Jo, hope all goes well with getting your license renewed. The little hassles...
    No plans for today. We went grocery shopping yesterday and I did the laundry from our trip.
    I have some straightening up and paperwork to take care of today. That's about it.
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    The rain in the forecast is somewhat depressing :( Monday it would rain, start to dry out and rain once again, repeating most of the day. Looking out the window the street is mostly dry and that means that the lawn is soaked and I had hoped to mow today :(

From here:
    https://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/08/nj_drivers_now_have_option_of_renewing_licenses_by_mail.html
    N.J. drivers now have option of renewing licenses by mail
    In this file photo, the line stretches around the Motor Vehicle Commission office in Wayne. The MVC is allowing customers to skip their next trip to MVC offices and renew their driver's license by mail -- stretching out the time between visits to every 8 years instead of every 4 years.Star-Ledger file photo

So not as good as a 8 year license but better than having to go to the MVC office each time. Fortunately our local office is fast not like Wayne which is as far as I can remember does more things and is in a higher population density area.

Someone on this forum told me that holding pressure on the spot where they draw blood for example prevents bruising which makes sense as that keeps blood from leaking out which is what causes bruising as I understand it. Before that I had a Bruise in the arm every time they drew blood for weeks. You would have thought that the Phlebotomist would have said to do that.

Since my weight is up somewhat I am afraid to go to a grocery store, too many temptations :wink:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Roger-I hope your knee is feeling better soon.
    Irene-good luck with your inspections.
    I got my license renewed, in and out in about 20 minutes. I got the new one called real ID.
    It will be needed to fly within the US by 2020, if you don't want to carry your passport.
    I did need to show my passport, current driver's license, a W2 form and a credit card statement. These all got faxed into the registry data base. It is good for 5 years.
    Today I plan on getting a pedicure and running a few errands.
    Our rain started last night and is supposed to continue all day.
    Hi Vix.
    Have a great day! :)
    Hi Joanne
    Thanks as I posted above the knee is good today, I am not looking forward to getting a flu shot as just like the tetanus shot they leave my arm sore for days, Am I the only one that happens to ? I wonder what the difference is between the license You had and the Real ID one ?

I hope that database is protected, it has a lot of Your info in it. I have two birth certificates :wink: One is the one issued by the hospital when I was born and the second is a certified Copy of the State Birth certificate. Our Father picked that one up for all of and Mom saved the other one from way back then. Same Information on both the state one has a embossed seal and signature from the county clerk.

Am I the only one that has covered the camera on the computer to prevent hackers from seeing anything or am I a bit paranoid ?

Have a Nice Day and Stay Dry
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, had a nice walk this morning no rain. Roger the new smoke detector also is for co2 also. I don't know how the inspection went yet they are also are doing radon test and they will pick that up tomorrow I am sure if they find anything we will know. Glad your knee is feeling better Roger. Jo that's great that you got your license . Vix there always seems to be things you have to do when you come home from vacation but it is always nice to go. Take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Roger-My arm was sore for 2 days after I got the flu shot. I was also achy.
    The standard license is what I had, the Real ID has a gold star in one corner, which identifies you as having the federal ID and can be used to fly within the US and Canada, no passport needed. If you opt for the standard license you will need your passport to fly within the US.
    I am glad your knee is feeling better.
    Hi Irene.
    Hi Vix.
    I am going to get my hair cut today.
  • RogerToo
    More humor will be posted momentarily, enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 72 degrees, It is dry outside. However the Humidity is high and can be seen as a haze in the air or maybe a light fog. Either way it was no fun walking.
    While I was walking I did see two Deer run across the road 2.5 blocks from the house on the outbound leg.
    I Did remove the rock I had tripped over, I suspect that I did not see it when it was wet from the rain as it was a black rock on dark ground and likely blended in with the low light from that nearby parking lot not illuminating it well.

Subway $5 Footlong is going away, but paninis may be coming
    Not that anyone here eats those :)
    Subway $5 Footlong is going away, but paninis may be coming

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/ohio-cold-cut-case-295038
    Theft Charge Possible In Cold (Cut) Case
    Cops: Grocery worker copped to ham and salami noshing spree

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/worldnews/7216406/paris-attack-at-least-seven-injured-by-rampaging-knifeman-suspect-arrested/
    I used to want to see Paris, Now Not so sure
    CINEMA BLOODBATH Paris attack – Two Brits ‘stabbed in head and chest’ by rampaging Afghan knifeman ‘who posed as child migrant’ before injuring seven

https://www.france24.com/en/20180910-pro-anti-whaling-nations-set-clash-brazil
    Pro- and anti- whaling nations set for clash in Brazil

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/728520/hereford-map-kappa-mundi-bible-christian-noahs-ark
    Legendary Bible sites including Noah’s Ark FOUND on 1,000 year-old map

https://phys.org/news/2018-09-superbugs-frequently-humans-animals.html
    Superbugs jumping frequently between humans and animals

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    good morning, had a nice walk this morning no rain. Roger the new smoke detector also is for co2 also. I don't know how the inspection went yet they are also are doing radon test and they will pick that up tomorrow I am sure if they find anything we will know. Glad your knee is feeling better Roger. Jo that's great that you got your license . Vix there always seems to be things you have to do when you come home from vacation but it is always nice to go. Take care everyone
    Hello Irene
    Radon, When my brother sold his house they tested for that and it was present in the basement so as a condition of the sale he had to have a system to remove it installed. I hope You are luckier.

Oh yes, return from Vacation and in my case more tired than when I left and things to do to add to that :(
    I enjoyed the vacations OTOH and sort of want to go one of these days, Just not sure if I want to go to Florida in January off season when the prices for lodging are lower and the weather cooler and less humid like I did in the past or go West or ...

There was no rain, just that everything was drying out and the lawn was soaked so no mowing.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning;
    Roger-My arm was sore for 2 days after I got the flu shot. I was also achy.
    The standard license is what I had, the Real ID has a gold star in one corner, which identifies you as having the federal ID and can be used to fly within the US and Canada, no passport needed. If you opt for the standard license you will need your passport to fly within the US.
    I am glad your knee is feeling better.
    Hi Irene.
    Hi Vix.
    I am going to get my hair cut today.
    Hi Joanne
    I'm happy that the soreness has mostly passed, Now Thursday or Saturday when My brothers Pickup will be out of the driveway I suspect I shall get the Flu Shot at the Drug Store.

I wonder if the Gold Star is a federal thing or a state thing ?

I really should get a passport, My brother finds that it makes License renewals easier as it count for a substantial part of the points needed here in NJ.

Not as glad as I am that the knee feels better :wink:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well I think it stopped raining, I am getting tired of all this rain. I walked this morning saw 3 deer 1 was a baby they are just so cute. well take care everyone
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning. Just overcast here so far this a.m.
    I was in classes yesterday, guess I never made it to my computer....sometimes it's good to have a day like that.
    It looks like they're shifting the storm a little south today, but you never know. We're a long way inland (at least 50 miles from Chesapeake Bay, about 150 miles from the ocean), and probably about 800 feet above sea level. We will probably get flood warnings, and I'm hoping the wind doesn't get too bad.
    Hope the coast up north doesn't get hit for those of you in NJ. Doesn't look like it'll get anywhere near MA.
    My SIL left yesterday for California....she's moving. She has friends and cousins there.
    No special plans for today.
    Happy Wednesday. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2018
    More humor is about to be posted :)

Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 71 degrees. The Humidity is high and there was a light drizzle out the door that ended while walking, It was no fun walking. The rain came in Wednesday afternoon and I could hear rain drops hitting the AC overnight up to at least 3AM as that was the last time I woke up, I suspect the drizzle was leftover rain so it likely continued after 3AM. I did see one Deer run out of a side street, across the road ahead of me and continue down the side road after crossing the main road, a few seconds later a car came out of that side road likely why the Deer was running.

Wednesday, Despite the Humidity I put on long pants and mowed the Yard. Why the Long pants ? To protect my legs from the whatever they are that bite and leave a itchy mark. I also Picked and consumed a bunch of Raspberries, Some had ripened too much since my last picking :(

https://www.studyfinds.org/hawaii-happiest-state-west-virginia-least-happy/
    Hawaii Happiest State In U.S., Survey Finds; West Virginia Least Happy

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article218170815.html
    What happens to NC’s wild horses when a major hurricane like Florence hits?
    https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article217396985.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-10/add-potential-coal-ash-spills-to-hurricane-florence-s-threats
    Hurricane Risks Include Toxic Sludge and Lagoons of Pig Manure

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/10/cdc-urges-public-to-prepare-for-another-potentially-nasty-flu-season.html
    Summer just ended, but CDC officials are already urging people to prepare for another potentially nasty flu season

Bad Move IMO :(
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/america-moves-closer-to-being-a-cashless-society-2018-09-11
    America moves closer to being a cashless society
    For starters, the FDIC estimates that 7% of the U.S. population is still unbanked. In other words, they live an all-cash life, so would be entirely shut out in a cashless society. Some also like the anonymity that comes with paying cash. Others use cash for budgeting reasons (when you’re out of cash, you stop spending).
    That's me, no cash, no buy and I leave the Credit cards at home unless I expect to need one.

http://www.startribune.com/bald-eagle-lands-on-firefighters-9-11-tribute-in-minnesota/492968991/
    Bald eagle swoops in to join firefighters' 9/11 tribute in Minnesota

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, got our walk in I didn't see any deer this morning . We really had a big storm last night and it started to rain again this morning. have a great day everyone
  • RogerToo
    Hi Joanne
    good morning, well I think it stopped raining, I am getting tired of all this rain. I walked this morning saw 3 deer 1 was a baby they are just so cute. well take care everyone
    Hello Irene
    I was tired of the rain a couple of days ago :wink:

I see a mix of adult and this years Deer anytime there is more than one. Even the young Deer are careful freezing in place and watching when they spot You and if You get to close away they all go.

Congratulations on the walking, The last few days have not been good as far as the humidity goes
    Roger
    Good morning. Just overcast here so far this a.m.
    I was in classes yesterday, guess I never made it to my computer....sometimes it's good to have a day like that.
    It looks like they're shifting the storm a little south today, but you never know. We're a long way inland (at least 50 miles from Chesapeake Bay, about 150 miles from the ocean), and probably about 800 feet above sea level. We will probably get flood warnings, and I'm hoping the wind doesn't get too bad.
    Hope the coast up north doesn't get hit for those of you in NJ. Doesn't look like it'll get anywhere near MA.
    My SIL left yesterday for California....she's moving. She has friends and cousins there.
    No special plans for today.
    Happy Wednesday. :)
    Hi Vix
    Early in the morning Wednesday as I was walking I could hear the low flying jets, Due to the Even lower clouds there was no seeing them.

I did see that the Hurricane is shifting a little further south during the weather forecast portion of the evening news too. They are still predicting coastal flooding from the storm and the shore towns are removing the Summer only structures to protect them and prevent them from being washed into the boardwalk and homes along the shore followed by video of the towns building large dunes along the water side of the boardwalk. They interviewed a 67 year old surfer who said it is good news for surfers and bad news for those further south.

Did You SIL head for a large city where housing costs are terrible or a smaller town in the north where it is a nicer climate too ? When My aunt and uncle lived in Newport Beach they kept a multi day supply of water in the garage in case a earthquake disrupted the water supply and naturally non perishable food.
    Here in NJ we keep three 24 bottle 0.5 liter water cases in addition to what is in the refrigerator. Why, Habit and that way we never run out, and the water taste in town goes from good to poor depending on the season. It is safe to drink just not always pleasant tasting.

No special plans sounds good to me, I tend to freelance my activities most days

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning.
    Another overcast day. Painting class this a.m.
    My SIL went to Southern Ca...suburbs, I think away from the fault and the fires. I always liked Northern Ca better, but they're having a lot of fires this year too. Scary.
    Forecast for today is cloudy with a high of 78, rain tomorrow.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    On my way to get my hair cut yesterday, my car got rear ended. I am going to need a new rear bumper and whatever other damage they find when my car is inspected. I filled out all the forms with the ins. co and sent them pictures. I am just waiting to hear back from them as to the next step.
    We also had rain overnight. It seems to be drying up now.
    Roger-I also have 3 cases of bottled water on hand at all times. I used to keep canned good and other staples, but I found they expired before I could use them. I don't like to waste.
    Vix-have fun a painting class.
    Irene-cool that you saw deer on your walk. I have not seen any this year.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • RogerToo
    I already posted more humor, Bob the Crayfish in some of them

Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 68 degrees. The Humidity is still high and the same as yesterday there was a light drizzle out the door while walking, It was no fun walking.
    I did see three deer on the outbound leg eating some of the landscaping in some homeowners front yard, then on the return leg in a different area I saw one more, The Deer are out and about this week.

Our weather forecast for today through Sunday showed a 10% chance of rain, since there was a light mist falling as I left the house and it had been falling long enough that the ground was wet with some puddles I am calling today as 100% rain chance in reality. The Clouds were low enough that I could hear the planes flying overhead and could not see a trace of them.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-financial-crisis2008-houseflipping/how-tech-jobs-helped-rust-belt-become-house-flipping-hotspot-idUSKCN1LS1H2?il=0
    How tech jobs helped Rust Belt become house-flipping hotspot

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/728988/Cholera-outbreak-Ethiopia-Tigray-disease-holy-water
    Cholera outbreak 'sparked by HOLY WATER' as deadly disease kills 10 and infects 1,200
    A CHOLERA outbreak that has left 10 dead in two weeks is being blamed on Holy Water.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/12/chicago-sets-up-universal-income-task-force-as-city-seeks-ways-to-tackle-poverty.html
    Chicago sets up universal income task force as city seeks ways to tackle poverty

https://apnews.com/0f70d30d6bcf49bba9eb58cb91f09184
    Some McDonald's workers vote to strike over sex harassment

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/09/12/national-hurricane-center-director-florence/
    ‘This One Really Scares Me’: Nat’l Hurricane Center Director On Florence

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Another overcast day. Painting class this a.m.
    My SIL went to Southern Ca...suburbs, I think away from the fault and the fires. I always liked Northern Ca better, but they're having a lot of fires this year too. Scary.
    Forecast for today is cloudy with a high of 78, rain tomorrow.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    Overcast is a good word for a dank and dreary day IMO.

Northern Cali is a nicer IMO climate, Back before the homeless problem San Francisco was a nice place too.
    I suspect that the fires are not as bad as the news is blowing them up to be, I could be wrong too, if it is happening to You it does not matter how small or large it is.

Today's weather is looking like a rerun of yesterdays weather, Groundhog Day the Movie :wink:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning;
    On my way to get my hair cut yesterday, my car got rear ended. I am going to need a new rear bumper and whatever other damage they find when my car is inspected. I filled out all the forms with the ins. co and sent them pictures. I am just waiting to hear back from them as to the next step.
    We also had rain overnight. It seems to be drying up now.
    Roger-I also have 3 cases of bottled water on hand at all times. I used to keep canned good and other staples, but I found they expired before I could use them. I don't like to waste.
    Vix-have fun a painting class.
    Irene-cool that you saw deer on your walk. I have not seen any this year.
    Enjoy your day! :)
    Hi Joanne
    I'm sorry to hear that happened to You, I was rear ended one year by a large Pickup truck with a brush guard on it that did a number on my car. Silly me obeying a Yield sign just because cars were in the way :(

Your car will likely be visited by a Insurance Adjuster in addition to the pictures You sent them. Hopefully nothing major was damaged, I am guessing Low Speed Collision since You did not mention getting hurt or that the Air Bags deployed.

There are Survival supplies that can sit on the shelf for 10 or more years before needing to be used, more expensive than grocery store items however. Unopened White Rice can last for years, Brown Rice does not last like that.

If You haven't seen deer does that mean they are not eating Your landscaping or garden ?

Question for You, they were showing multiple fires breaking out from a gas line leak in Mass. on the evening news. Was any of that near You ?

Good Luck with the Car
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, when we walked this morning everything was wet but it wasn't raining . Today I get to go visit the hospital and then off to food shopping . Hey Roger Costco has ns gift cards on sale until the end of the month. take care everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    hey Roger just bought a ns gift card on line it was really easy
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Roger-I am about 1 1/2 hours away from there. My niece lives in No. Andover and had to evacuate. She is staying with my sister (her mother).
    The squirrels do a good job eating my flowers and digging holes in my lawn.
    I had my car inspected at the body shop and they have to order parts. When the parts come in it will take 3 days to repair. Since cars now a day are mostly plastic, the inside paneling on the hatchback in all cracked. I never even noticed it when I opened the hatch. They also may find other damage as they take the bumper off. I was stopped in a line of traffic, when I was hit, so the other vehicle wasn't going very fast.
    Hi Irene.
    Hi Vix.
    Have a great day. :)