Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    edited June 2020
    Good morning all.
    T-storms yesterday afternoon and evening. Weather about the same today, high of 87, possible t-storms this evening.
    Enjoy your hair and nail appt, Irene.
    Sticky here too, Ed...glad I have my eliptical in the basement...it's always cooler down there. Be careful. Georgia just passed Maryland for 10th place so case numbers are going up.
    Have a good day, everyone. Stay safe.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Today's wine delivery to help restock the wine racks. Two or three old favorites and a nice selection of new (to me) wines that I look forward to trying.

My wine club mostly sells private label wines from relatively small wineries, though I do have fond memories of the year I was able to snag a case of Pat Paulsen California Red from them, at a good price. Never saw it on the website again.

sodcdr5ye731.png
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hi!

It appears the weather is almost the same everywhere! That's funny, considering our locations! Nice wine collection. I kind of like sweet wines, but it would be fun to compare wines. I do like to cook with them.
    I went to the base and the system for meds was changed again. I had to be told, lol, as I did not have on my glasses and assumed it was the same. In and out quickly, and of course you must have a mask to get in.
    My new dishwasher fit and I was brave enough to turn it off. The man installing it had run a 2 1/2 hour cycle which was recommended for the first running. There is basically a cheat sheet which is none too helpful. Lots of stuff in Spanish and French also. But the manual is on line. I will look it up today as there are memory settings I need to read before just experimenting. I don't want to break it!! :#
    Irene, it will be interesting to see how your appt. went wearing the mask!! It is nice to get out. But rather unsettling as I do not go out much.Not so much covid, but just being out anywhere.
    Hi Jo!! Hope you are doing well. Vix, it is the same weather here! I do not know if your humidity and dew points are in the 70's. It makes here kind of miserable for outdoors!! I did have coffee outside for a bit and it was still cool, as I have a lot of shade.
    Take care all!! Stay safe!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, well went and got my hair and nails done it felt so good . In both places they took your temp as you walk in and of course you had to wear a mask i saw a lot of cleaning going on.I am going to the base today they have opened up so i can go Tuesdays and Wednesday Jan is your base opened? take care everyone so happy George is only working a half day today and then off for 30 days and then on the last day of July he will turn in his badge and he will retire
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It was sticky out there again this morning, but I needed to get to Kroger anyway, so I went early to take advantage of senior shopping hours for Wednesday morning. Not many shoppers in the store at all, but a lot of shelf stocking going on that was somewhat in the way.

Our Kroger has apparently stopped carrying bran flakes (any brand) and we really don't want raisin bran, so I guess I will have to look at Ingles or Publix soon to get that item. After the first, when I go to Petsmart for more canned cat food, I can try to get to a grocery as well, for the bran flakes.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Today is my day off. I have already cleaned the cat box, did a load of laundry, cleaned both bird baths and am getting ready to declutter one of the upstairs bedrooms. So much for a day off. :p
    Jan-good luck with your dishwasher. I am sure you won't break it.
    Vix-I hope Pete is feeling better. I have been using my elliptical, as it has been too hot and humid to walk outside.
    Irene-They took my temp at the hairdressers and there was a lot of cleaning going on after each client. Happy retirement, George!
    Ed-Yeah for Lilo's excellent blood work.
    I had an actual office visit with the spine Dr. on Monday. She wants me to have an EMG to determine if my numb fingers are carpel tunnel or resulting from the pinched nerve in my neck. The numb fingers are the only symptoms that I have. Unfortunately they are not scheduling until the end of July.
    Have a great day!
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Nice collection of wines, Ed...that's a lot of wine!!!
    Jan, our humidity has been in the 80s and 90s and we've been having t-storms almost every evening. Today it's sunny with a high of 83 expected, humidity in the 60s and no t-storms. It was beautiful this morning and I had breakfast on our deck. Good luck with your new washing machine!
    Irene, nice that you were able to get your hair and nails done. Congratulations to George!!!
    Jo, that's a lot to get done already! I baked some nutpulp crackers and a spaghetti squash for later. Pete is feeling better, thank goodness. I'm using my elliptical too. It's cooler in the basement, and definitely too hot to walk outside, except if I go early in the a.m. or in the evening. I have carpal tunnel...diagnosed probably 20 years ago. I have simple wrist splints that I bought at Walmart that I wear (usually at night, or whenever it bothers me) to relieve/avoid the finger tingling. You may want to try something like that in the meantime.
    Have a good day, everyone. Stay safe.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Another sticky morning, with 100% humidity out there right now, and it looks like rain, so no walk this morning.

Maybe a bit of housework today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Ed, thanks for the continuing funnies...I got a good chuckle this a.m.
    It's currently 67 and cloudy here (humidity 57% going up to 81% later), with an expected high of 83 today. Looks like mid to high 80s and low 90s with lots of t-storms for the next 10 days. Yesterday was pretty nice in the low 80s with a nice breeze.
    Need to take my car for a ride today, and will see what else the day brings.
    Have a good one.
  • eku0
    Irene and George!!!
    happy-anniversary-greeting-roses-happy-anniversary-greeting-pink-roses-weathered-whitewash-wood-background-158676509.jpg
  • eku0
    edited June 2020
    Good morning all.
    Actually, we went and got tested yesterday. My daughter and her family met with her husband's family on Saturday, and with us on Sunday. My daughter's MIL tested positive for Covid this week and is now home sick in bed. Our rapid results tests were negative. Lab results will be back on the 30th in the afternoon. We still have to quarantine for the 14 days. They said sometimes the virus doesn't show up if you come in within a week of exposure. If we had known that before we went, we would have waited. My daughter and son-in-law's rapid response tests were also negative, so that's somewhat encouraging. We thought we were being so careful.
    Trying to stay healthy.
    Have a good day.
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! It was a bit sticky this morning, but only wispy cloud fragments in the sky, despite the Weather Channel claiming it was CLEAR.

I headed out about 5:40 and the sun was nearly over the horizon as I returned home about an hour later. I picked up the pace a bit this morning, as my muscles seemed well rested, so my walk took 15 or 20 minutes less than usual, though I went the same distance. No breaks or sit downs this morning and no long waits at traffic lights either.

My wine club finally got back to me, and gave me a $20 credit for the "bad" substitution in that one order, and, coincidentally, they announced a summer special of 15 bottles of assorted red wines for $89.95. As I had another $5 in credit (points built up from prior orders) I ordered one more crate of wine, to bring my collection closer to filling my wine racks. I had already let it go down a bit before the pandemic, and then in the first few months, I didn't feel I could afford to order more, but still continued to consume what I had on hand, so the rack was looking pretty bare by the time I felt solvent enough to buy more, and they have had some really good specials during the last month or so that I have been taking advantage of.

I know. First world issues and not anything that anyone really needs to worry about, but I feel I will be back to having a better selection now when deciding what wine to drink on the nights I choose to drink wine. And, first world problem or not, that's one less minor anxiety in the current anxiety cake, so I'll take it. LOL

Might do a bit of laundry today, but tomorrow is more likely.
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning all.
    Actually, we went and got tested yesterday. My daughter and her family met with her husband's family on Saturday, and with us on Sunday. My daughter's MIL tested positive for Covid this week and is now home sick in bed. Our rapid results tests were negative. Lab results will be back on the 30th in the afternoon. We still have to quarantine for the 14 days. They said sometimes the virus doesn't show up if you come in within a week of exposure. If we had known that before we went, we would have waited. My daughter and son-in-law's rapid response tests were also negative, so that's somewhat encouraging. We thought we were being so careful.
    Trying to stay healthy.
    Have a good day.

I hope all the tests come back negative! And that the sick mother in law recovers.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Thanks, Ed. Fingers crossed.
    Nice that you got a $20 credit and that there's a good sale on your wine! Good that you're getting your walks in early.
    We're in a warm patch (it's summer...haha) partly cloudy, high of 88 expected today, possible stray shower...pretty much the same for the next 10 days...mid to high 80s and low 90s, a couple of sunny days, but most are partly cloudy with some t-storms.
    Have a good weekend everyone. Stay healthy!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! I got my walk in early and have been sipping my tea for a while now. The cats are whining for food but it's not quite time and they will just have to wait.

Definitely laundry today.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, Vix thanks for the anniversary wishes. Yesterday we picked up Annie's ashes they really did a good job. no big plans for today we might get in the pool later. vix good luck with your test results.take care everyone
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Enjoy the pool, Irene.
    Good that you got your walk in early yesterday, Ed.
    I'm just hanging out feeling kind of anxious.
    Hope you're all feeling well and staying healthy.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! Got my walk in this morning despite the sticky, slightly mist (dusty?) atmosphere after last night's storms. I felt like a damp washcloth all over by the time I got home.

Our power (and many others) was out for about 5 hours yesterday, but finally came on to give us light to eat our late dinner of Domino's pizza by.

Not what I had planned for dinner, but it was far enough away to have power. Dinner was late, just a bit after 9:00.

Today, assuming no more power issues, that laundry I had intended to do yesterday.

• parityanimal
    Well this will be the easiest 5 day challenge EVER. If there were an option to bypass this silly challenge and just roll on the the next one, I would, but I have to respond each day to this one before I get a different one.

The app I use to automatically record and keep track of my blood glucose receives my readings as soon as I use their glucose monitor to take a reading, several times a day.

But, there are also automated 5 day challenges. The one that was presented to me today was to increase water intake by replacing one sugary drink each day with water.

I have been diabetic for over 10 years. I don't drink sugary drinks, ever.

In one sense then, I CAN'T meet this challenge, as I have nothing to replace, and I really don't even want sugary drinks, and haven't wanted them in years.

But in another sense I automatically meet it. I guess I will ponder drinking a (made with real sugar!) Mountain Dew every day, for 5 days, and then "decide" to have water instead. Then I can log it as having "replaced" a sugary drink with water.

I guess I could speak to one of the available coaches and point out that this challenge is probably ridiculous to a lot of us "old hand" diabetics, but I can see where it could help someone new at this rollercoaster if they haven't managed to give up all their sugary drinks yet.

• Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-I am praying that your tests come out negative and your daughter's MIL only has a mild case and recovers quickly.
    Irene-Did you also get a ceramic paw print done? We got one for Vinny.
    Ed-glad you got your electricity back. I probably would have had cereal for dinner. I am usually asleep way before 9.
    I am sitting here listening to the thunder and waiting for the rain to start. If it doesn't rain, I will have to go out and water my plants.
    I skyped with my son this morning. He has been laid off for the last 3 weeks. He still gets 80% of his pay. He is starting back to work on Tuesday, still from home. He thinks he will be working from home for a while. He is a web designer, so working from home is no problem.
    Stay safe!
  • Joanne3366
    5kcgtxj68224.jpeg
    Look what Sophie brought me today.