Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It was a bit sticky out, as usual, this morning but despite that I saw several other walkers on my way around. Yesterday I saw a trio jogging in the heat of the afternoon, as they jogged by right across the street from our house. Even if I still had the knees for it, there is no way I would be out in that heat and sun, jogging.

I did finally get that laundry folded a couple of days ago and haven't put more in yet, but soon.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning all!!
    Thank you all for the wonderful Birthday wishes! I really appreciate it!! <3 I must say I am totally mesmerized by that real looking flame of that candle, Vix.

I tried My air fryer and did broccoli and cauliflower with oil, garlic, salt,and paprika. I must say it was to die for!! Also about the only thing I had all the ingredients for, as I did not shop like I was supposed to. I was utterly worn out!! I had a great time seeing everyone.

Your wines always look so interesting, Ed! Makes me want to experiment!! :#

Miserable humidity! Even May May likes to be inside more!!

Sounds like everyone is doing well!! Please you all, let's skip the jogging, lol... :D

Take care!!! B)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! It's the usual warm and sticky out there, and supposed to get pretty hot today. I may go and spend a teensy bit more time in Lidl, as the last time I didn't really take time to properly browse.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning all.
    Glad you had a nice birthday, and are enjoying your new air fryer, Jan.
    Enjoy your journey through Lidl, Ed.
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    Today will be one of the cooler days...mostly cloudy, high of 85, 78-85% humidity, possible t-storms later.
    MD is down to number 14, other states are passing us, but the numbers are going up again.
    Stay safe everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good evening;
    Jan-Happy Birthday, sounds like you had a good time with your family. Enjoy your air fryer.
    Vix-I am glad your tests came out negative. I hope your daughter's In laws recover soon.
    Ed-Nice wine collection!
    Irene-Good luck with the new puppy.
    The critter that Sophie caught was a mole.
    Work has been going well. I finally had my follow-up visit after my eye laser surgery. Dr. was very pleased that my pressure was down. I have to go back in 4 months for a recheck.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Looks like we got a little rain overnight. Another hot one today. Partly cloudy, high of 89 expected, 97% humidity. Will get outside for a while this morning while it's still in the 70s.
    Jo, I'm glad your laser surgery went well, and the pressure is down. My daughter's MIL is back home, she was in the hospital for a week on oxygen. She and FIL are both still working on recovery at home. Thanks for asking. They're doing much better.
    A friend's husband was diagnosed with covid on Monday, so she's in a tizzy trying to keep everything disinfected and trying to stay healthy. A few of his friends also have it. It's bad because she is always careful, but he went out with friends and they did not wear masks. They are not young.
    Have a good day, everyone....stay healthy!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! The cats actually let me sleep in this morning, and that's fine because I am taking the day off. I am not going to human today, I am going to cat. That definitely includes eating and napping.

• Buttons61
    Good Morning!!

Glad your family members are home, Vix. Hope they continue to do well! Yes, it is scary people can not get together. A friend and I are contemplating a restaurant. They are sweet and very reliable. It is pretty spacious, so we will see. That may be my first venture, and I will wear a mask except when eating. My daughter went to Panera with a couple teachers. They were fairly empty and all employees had masks. They also cleaned up immediately when someone left. Spray and the whole 9 yards. It was her 1st time out..and all the teachers, for better or worse, are starting school around August 6. They will alternate days to keep the student ratio down. Also they are waiting to see how many parents will need online instead. That survey should be back around the 16th. Then It is a crap shoot, pardon my French!

We have a little, and very good, hole in the wall place on my way to Winn Dixie. It is crowded and very small even before covid. I would not even bother to go there, great as it is. Three men in at least their 60's came out. No masks. After seeing that I would definitely not touch that place. Kinda sad...

Stay safe all <3

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous sizzling Sunday! It's supposed to get pretty darn hot this afternoon, with a decent chance of rain, and continue to get hot every day for a while. Well, we did decide to live in Georgia and here we are. I could take the heat better when I was younger, but still didn't really like it.

I might do some laundry today, and hope to get a nap in.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jan, I know some places are taking extra precautions, but I'm not ready to go back to restaurants yet. I saw one in my little town had their outside tables going. Still looked a little too close for me.
    Ed, my father went to Emory and always wanted to move back to Georgia. He never did, but did make it back for a 40th reunion. I was never too fond of excess heat.
    Hot and sunny here today too...may rain overnight. I opened the windows for a while while it was still sort of cool. Always good to get some fresh air into the house.
    Have a good Sunday, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, Getting my yard ready for a puppy tomorrow we will spray for ticks and like a hundred other bugs the pup will be too young for ticks meds so this should keep her safe. I plan on taking her to the vet either Friday or Saturday for a check up . I think George and I will be spending the day in the pool take care everyone
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

Irene, I can't wait to hear about your puppy!! And why I did not invest in a pool I will never know, lol!! :# You are quite wise, Val. I am not at that restaurant yet!! I just rarely see this friend and our Thai place does not stay overly crowded as some of these places do. We shall see. I just miss the occasional going out! We may have some hefty storms later in the day. One never quite knows. But I have enjoyed a little less humidity, even if it is in the mid 90's.
    Hi Jo!! It was good to hear from you!! Take care all!! I am Blessed to have a home to be staying at home in!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It was terribly sticky out, but not terribly hot as yet so I did my walk and felt drenched by the time I got home. I will be rehydrating for a while yet, no doubt. I have had one mug of tea, and a large glass of water, with three mugs of tea to go, two 20 ounce PowerAde Zero drinks, and additional water as the day progresses. Perhaps today I will do some laundry, if I can get it started early enough to not be running the dryer too much in the heat of the afternoon.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Irene, today's the big day!
    Jan, I miss going out too...we didn't go out very often, so it was certainly a treat. We have done take out once or twice with curbside pickup.
    Hi Ed and Jo.
    We had some rain last evening. The plants needed it. Supposed to be sunny with a high of 87 today.
    Another week is starting. Weather looks pretty much the same for the next 10 days plus or minus the t-storms.
    Take care.
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!
    Well, they are planning for tentative school reopening, but I do not know. One county here is shut down as there was a covid case (office and janitor people). My daughter just found out her school sec. has tested positive, probably from dealing with her Dad when he broke his hip. Her husband was neg. and works at a hospital. Go figure. Now the principal has tested positive, as well as one teacher. And they were not together at once but within a 2 week period. This was when the teachers got back together , staggered, with masks to try to prepare for next year. They were closing down from April as things were more or less just left at spring break time. So honestly, school start I think is going to be a mess, as this virus is finally just filtering down to those who are fairly vigilant. My daughter had contact with one teacher who was somewhat distanced. However still she would consider it contact as they worked together on some computer problems. so I can not see her now. We shall see. So far she feels okay. Allergies are so bad it is hard to tell. Put teachers in a building day after day with even half the no. of kids on alternate days..seems like a disaster in the making. Oh brother... :/

So excited to hear about Irene's puppy!! I do not envy her being woke at nite if that does happen!! LOL..Everyone be careful of the heat this week. It is going to be terrible!! Stay safe..stay cool..and stay hydrated!! <3 (Good job, Ed!!) Hi Jo!!
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Jan-Has your daughter been tested? I will be praying that she stays safe.
    We went for a walk on the beach on Sunday morning. It was so nice. As we were getting ready to leave the beach started filling up. A few people had masks on, but most didn't.
    We also stopped to have breakfast. All the staff had masks on the they were sitting people at safe distances from one another. They also took our name and phone number for contact tracing. We sat outside and didn't linger over our breakfast.
    Irene-good luck with the new puppy. Have you picked out a name yet?
    Hi Vix-glad the in laws are on the mend. How is Will? Is he going to daycare?
    Hi Ed.
    When we went for our walk on Sunday, for some reason my watch didn't calculate my walk.
    I had a perfect exercise month up until that point, so even though I walked 5+ miles, I still had to use the elliptical machine for 30 minutes to continue with my perfect month. I guess a little extra exercise didn't hurt. :)
    Time to get ready for work.
    Have a great day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, we get our puppy on thursday ,her name is Sammie getting everything ready yesterday we got a crate never had a crate for our other dogs I will let everyone you all knows how that goes
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's going to be another hot one! I got some house cleaning done yesterday, and I actually got the laundry washed, dried AND folded and put away, all on the same day, yesterday.

But you don't need to wonder who I am and what I have done with Ed. I assure you it was an aberration and I am still me. LOL.

• eku0
    edited July 2020
    Good morning all.
    Jan, I hope your daughter stays safe and that her co-workers have mild cases and recover quickly. She should get tested if she starts to feel ill. I am still finding this all very scary.
    Jo, yes, Will is back in daycare. So far all is well. He seems happy to be with his little friends again. The adults are wearing masks, they do temperature checks on the children and staff, parents are not allowed in the building, there are very few children in his class, and they are apparently doing a lot of cleaning. And I still find it scary. I wear a mask when we see them now, unless it's outside and enough distance. Nice that you are getting out for your walks and were able to stop outside for a breakfast.
    Irene, I'll bet you are super excited about your new pup...did you say she is a German shepherd?
    Ed, good that you got some housework done.
    I'm taking my car in to the dealer today to have the battery checked. Apparently there are issues with CR-Vs and batteries.
    Another hot one. Have a good day, everyone.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 60% chance of rain today, but not too bad out as yet. It will be ever so slightly cooler this afternoon, but climbing back up tomorrow and into the weekend.

Not a lot on the agenda today.