Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning all.
    Sunny, high of 90 today. Took an early morning walk.
    Got a new battery under warranty yesterday. It had a bad cell. My 3 years are up in October.
    Sceduled a library pickup this a.m., so I'll have some books to read. I've been reading on my Nook the last few days. I keep a supply of free books on it.
    Will see what else the day brings...
    Have a good Wednesday.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!

The whole week forecast is the same. Upper 90's with heat index in the 105 range. 30% chance of thunderstorms, except Sunday where the heat index will be 108. It reminds me of when I had visited my grandma in Arizona, but not the humidity, of course. You could tell the day by when your A/C started really cycling in the morning. I need to cut the grass. Do not want to go outside, lol... :#

Spent yesterday at the Toyota place, as I needed an oil change and my tires rotated. They were running a special. I had about 5 things done, including new wipers, which I needed. Of course then they found 2 filters that needed replacing, and my battery was corrosive, so bought a lifetime battery for not much more, and they will replace free as long as I own the car. Not sure it needed the battery, but with my car now 3 years old, it seemed a deal too good to pass up. I was there from 1 pm till almost 4:45. However , since it was like 2 appts with the extras, it was fine. They said I am not due back till Jan. of 2021. That seems weird, lol...The showroom was nicely spaced. Very clean. This all must be hard for people to grasp though. One lady was waiting and just traveling all over. Mid 50's to maybe early 60's...no mask. She stopped at the free coffee table and hovered over the snacks. I was watching her, and was kind of perturbed by her. She must have mistaken my look, because she comes right up to me and chats like we were at a church social. I really did not answer, so she comes closer..Finally I said I was not comfortable talking with her as she had no mask. She apologized and said she had one, but she had been eating. So she spent the next 35 minutes visiting everyone else in the showroom, just laughing, reminiscing, and having a good time. All without a mask. Guess she felt at home there. Gotta love the small towns down here.

The man who checked me in removed his mask to talk. He probably saw the most people, and he wore his kind of intermittently. One of the techs I saw had on a mask and must have removed it. I think he was taking a break outside. But I had to laugh as when he came in, he did the old Southern spit, (not sure if he was chewing tobacco or not) into one or the wastebaskets in the lobby..and they wonder why it spreads. This was offset by the cute very young, like teen, Chinese couple who had there masks on. I wanted to congratulate them.

You can tell I am never out!! Look at the length of this column!! :D
    Take care all!! Stay safe!! <3B)

• eku0
    Jan, that is so different than the dealer I took my car to yesterday. No one was waiting inside. There may have been a waiting room, but it seemed that most people were just dropping their cars off. Everyone was wearing masks at all times. They gave me an option of paying by phone, and they would have left my keys and paperwork outside in the car for me to pick up if I had preferred that. I would not have been comfortable in your situation. Glad you got your car taken care of.
    It's in the high 80s and 90s here. That's more than hot enough for me.
    Have a good evening everyone.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! The temperature and dewpoint have met at 71 with a humidity of 100% so it's sticky out. Not a lot on the agenda today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, well our pup won't be here until Saturday they had trouble with there vehicle so they are running 2 days behind. Vix she is a German short hair pointer
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Cloudy with a high of 87 expected today, maybe some rain later.
    Irene, oh nice dog! Seems like a really good choice.
    Ed, sticky here too.
    Need to do some laundry and things around the house, not much on the agenda here either.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • Buttons61
    edited July 2020
    Good morning,

We are all patiently waiting to hear about your Sammie, ( I think it was..wanted to double check, but a different page.) Those are a nice breed. I would be so impatient!! :#

I am amazed by all the different ways things are done not only in different areas, but also just in local vicinity. Good timing on your battery! Paper towels are hard to come by, and are 10 dollars a package. Granted you get 4, but between that and toilet paper sizes..sometimes I might have to use a spare closet or two...just funny!! I have had to do some shuffling!

Ed, glad you get a break! You are so lucky to be able to walk to things though if you want!! And with the animals...you really do not get much of a break, lol!!

Glad to be home! I stopped by the AF base to get my refills. Got to love them..Signs, masks, safety..No muss...no fuss!! :) Hi Jo!! Take care all!! <3
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! It's another heavy, sticky day out there. I do need to get out to Publix to pick up a couple of prescriptions. While there I might as well pick up a few things we are low on, like butter, eggs, milk...

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Hot here too. Will probably do some cleaning that I should have done yesterday. :smirk:
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! Another hot and sticky morning here. The cats did let me sleep in just a little, which was nice of them.

I might do some laundry today. Might not.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Didn't sleep much last night, got up and finished a book.
    Glad you were able to sleep in a little, Ed.
    Another sunny day, high of 95 expected today, 97 tomorrow.
    Need to water my plants and will see what else the day brings.
    Happy puppy day, Irene.
    Have a good weekend, everyone. Stay cool.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! The year is flying by, and that may be OK. Some things about this year sorta need to fly by. It is terribly sticky out. Feels like a good day to do nothing at all.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Another hot one today, high of 97. We got in a 2.5 mile walk before 7:30.
    Grocery shopping and Skyping with my son later today, other than that I am staying in the air conditioned house.
    Irene-did you get your puppy?
    Vix-sorry you couldn't sleep. I. hope you were able to sleep last night.
    Hi Ed and Jan.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jo, sounds like a nice walk. Weather about the same here. Went for a walk one morning, but my leg has been bothering me again, so sticking with the elliptical for a while. Last night was better. All this staying home doesn't really agree with me. Glad you get to skype with your son. My son may stop by this a.m. Haven't seen him in about a month. That'll perk me up.
    I did a little trim on my own hair yesterday...basically cut off a few pieces that were sticking out. I'll need a new box of color soon.
    Ed, I agree...a lot of things about this year need to fly by.
    Hi Irene and Jan.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous muggy Monday! Another hot, sticky summer day here. It's supposed to get to 93 today.

I do need a few things from the grocery, but I am trying to hold off until Wednesday. Nothing is desperate, as we can live without certain cereals for a few days, and nothing is at critical levels as yet. We'll see how that looks tomorrow. LOL.

• eku0
    edited July 2020
    Good morning all.
    Partly cloudy, high of 96 expected here today.
    Still haven't been able to see the comet. Oh well. At least there are some nice pictures of it online.
    No special plans for today.
    I read that if everyone would wear masks and keep their distancing, we could get this under control again. Here's hoping.
    Wishing you all a good new week. Stay safe.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Another swelter in place day is in the making. Not a lot on the agenda today, other than some house cleaning.

• eku0
    edited July 2020
    Good morning all.
    Thanks for the continuing laughs and thoughts, Ed.
    Hope you have a good day.
    Wear your masks, everyone, and stay healthy.
    25ny2h6loxu4.jpg
  • Buttons61
    Hello!!
    Continued 95 degree or warmer here too. I did go to my friends daughter's small
    shower. Stayed relatively safe except for possibly when eating. I plan to stay home though just in case, and really have everything I need here, anyway. Just to be on the safe side so I would not pass anything farther. I had a better time than I thought since I really was not keen at all on going. I figured I might have been safer than on a bad day at the grocery when people keep walking and talking in my face without a mask.. :|

My poor flowers are taking a beating with the heat. It had been so wet I could not water every day. Now it is humid, yet hot and dry and I missed a day watering. Guess I will not do that again. Why are the weeds so much hardier than the other flowers and plants. :#

Vix, I hope your leg is feeling better! I know you will enjoy seeing your son!! Ed, with this heat, you deserve a few days off to relax!! Glad you are doing well, Jo. Great walking!! Irene, Hi!! Hope it is going well!!

Stay cool and as safe as possible!! B)<3
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    hi all , we got our puppy she is so active but so cute well gotta go I am trying to house break her