Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning all.
    Congratulations on the new puppy, Irene.
    Jan, glad you had a good time. It's so nice to see people.
    Ed, hope you caught up with your house cleaning.
    Partly cloudy today, high of 94, possible t-storms this afternoon. We had some storms last evening, so everything outside got watered.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    edited July 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It's warm out there, and rather sticky. I went to Kroger early to get in during senior shopping hours and that is the extent of my exercise today. My wallet got a good workout anyway...

Late breakfast on returning, and I am having the rest of my pot of tea now. Might do a little more house cleaning today. I swear Orion sheds enough fur to knit a couple more cats. Well, that's a long haired cat for you. LOL.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Irene!! So happy you got your puppy!!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! A bit cooler this morning, but still sticky, and will get pretty hot this afternoon.

Might sweep up some more long haired cat fur today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Had some t-storms yesterday afternoon which cooled the evening off very nicely. Cloudy today with another chance of t-storms later and a high of 90 (cooler than yesterday).
    Nothing much on the agenda for today. I seem to fill the days rather quickly with nothing.
    It's Thursday already! Have a good one.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday (already?)!

Not quite as sticky this morning, but another warm summer day in the works here, with a chance of evening showers.

I have an endocrinologist appointment this morning.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Raining here this a.m., but looks like it's stopped for now. Not quite as hot today, expected high of 83...cool!
    May do some baking this a.m. before the heat rolls in.
    Happy Friday, everyone.
  • Buttons61
    Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well! Ed, hope your appt. went well! Vix, wonder what you decided to bake!! Looks like everyone's weather is about the same! It is a little more humid and cloudy today, though a little cooler with the cloud cover.

I did get around to cleaning up some in the yard yesterday with my son. He helped me move my really ratty old couch to the burn pile. That pile was about 6 feet tall and a good circumference. Nothing like 93 degree heat and large flames!! My hose split at a rather awkward time. I had another, but we were really cooking a bit till we fixed that, lol.. And of course, I thanked him by him finding a smaller snake that he ran across when picking up an older pile towards the house. We knew it was not a rattler like last time. I did look it up, and unfortunately it was a chicken, or rat, snake. They are more beneficial and not poisonous. I hate that I think he ate my chipmunk!! have not seen him in a week!! Wanted to be safe as May May is outside a lot. I was originally afraid it was a water moccasin as we have had a lot of rain. So...that was my excitement for that day!! :#

Today I did get my new couch. It is a light teal and so comfortable to me. I am sure I should have bought a slightly more expensive one to last..But this was so darn comfy I never made it to a better furniture store. Such is life. I guess if it goes, I will just reupholster!

I am off to play with May who has been very good through all these changes, and check on my fire. It is just embers underneath and too late in the day to rekindle. I will wait till the morning, I guess.

Hi Jo and Irene and Sammy!! Everyone take care!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, well house breaking is going pretty good we take her out every 20 minutes unless she is sleeping she is a lot of fun but a lot of work take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sensational Saturday! A little cooler today with a good chance of afternoon or evening rain. It's already a bit sticky out there.

Might get a little laundry done, and then there is an online service for a friend back in Memphis, who died suddenly on Monday. In better times I would have travelled to attend, but they ask that physical attendance be left to close family and caregivers, which will allow room for proper social distancing.

He had a number of health issues, but he will no longer have to suffer with any of those. It's nice that the church will set up an online meeting space so we can all attend without any danger.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Condolences, Ed. It is good that you can attend online.
    Irene, I'm sure it'll get easier after she's housebroken. Enjoy.
    Jan, I baked a banana bread...had some bananas getting soft. I put in an extra banana, and left out the oil and half of the sugar, so it's a little lighter on calories and fat. I also put a couple of squash in the oven while I had it on, so I didn't heat up the house any more than required. Glad the snake was not a dangerous one. Too hot for a fire! Your new couch sounds nice. I like teal.
    Hi Jo, hope all is well.
    I went for a walk around the neighborhood this a.m. It's already too hot...took me about 20 minutes to cool down in the AC.
  • Buttons61
    Hello!!
    So sorry to hear about your friend, Ed. These things are sure made tougher by the virus. I am encouraged that companies have become more resourceful. It is nice to be able to share that time.

Irene, puppies grow so fast!!And bless him..his bladder will, too. Bet he is a sweetheart!!

Vix, your bread sounds good! Great ideas lightening it up!!

Guess I will be cutting some grass today. I am trying to get rid of things I have not used in a while in the house also. Trying to lighten the load. Not sure where it all comes from, lol...

Hi Jo!! Hope you are getting a little down time!! Be cool all!! <3B)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! And, again, it's a little bit cooler today. Once again, though, the dewpoint, current temperature (which is at the dewpoint), and 100% humidity conspired to make it a very damp, sticky feeling morning. I can take that better at the current temperature of 69 degrees than at higher temperatures, to be sure!

The service yesterday, for my friend, was short and sweet. We got Chinese delivery for supper, as I did not feel like cooking, so I guess I am having Szechuan beef for either lunch or dinner today as well.

I have the dishwasher started, and may do some laundry later.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Chinese food sounds delicious Ed. I haven't had that in a really long time. Too much there I have to avoid. Hot and sticky here too...high of 93 expected today. I put my washer on clean cycle this a.m. with some baking soda and vinegar...get it smelling fresh again.
    Jan, hope you got your grass all cut. Always good to clean out/lighten things up in the house.
    Should be a slow, easy day.
    Have a good Sunday, everyone....stay healthy.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    I have had a busy week. On Thursday my car was rear-ended. I was stopped at a red light and a pick=up truck hit me. I have a dent in my bumper. Since the car is new, I plan on having it fixed. I am just waiting for the final say from the insurance co.
    Today I have a counter guy here to measure for a new kitchen counter. I am going with laminate for now because eventually we plan to do the whole kitchen over.
    Irene-good luck with the puppy training.
    Jan-enjoy your new couch. Sophie has been enjoying our new sofa more than we have. :)
    I told my hubby that we bought her an awfully expensive bed. :p
    Vix-Good idea modifying the bread to be more healthier. I have been trying to stay away from sweets and bread. I have also tried not to eat anything after 5pm. It has been working out well. I have been slowly losing a few oz. at a time, but it all adds up.
    Ed-Sorry to hear about your friend. It was nice that they had a service on line.
    Have a great day and stay cool. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Still having that awful 100% humidity in the mornings, though the morning temperatures have been nice enough. I will probably actually run some laundry this morning. A nap this afternoon would be lovely too.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Ed, morning temps here are ok too. I had coffee on our deck this a.m. before it gets too hot...High of 95 expected today.
    Jo, sorry about your car. Hope you can get it fixed soon.
    That's fun getting new kitchen counters...are you getting a pattern or solid color? Congrats on slowly losing weight. I was doing the same, a few ounces at a time, but my digestive system is not behaving and I suddenly put the couple of pounds lost back on.
    Wishing everyone a good new week. Stay healthy.
  • Buttons61
    Hello!!
    Glad you were not hurt, Jo. How frustrating though! I know you will be glad to get it fixed! I cannot get my May May to go on the couch or bed. She seems just afraid of not being on the floor. Doubt she will change as she is five years old. I miss the snuggling. Never had a dog that did not want up!! Plus petting her puts me on my head upside down. Crazy hound dog!! Gotta love her! :#

I guess I am glad I am not gaining. But the scale is sure not moving. Probably a few too many carbs. Good on you all for moving the scales. Cooler here, lol...Highs in the lower 90's with only a heat index near 100. :D Mornings really humid here and buggy, but at least cooler!!

Big day planned! I have to go out and get my car tags. I am getting kind of leary of getting out. Not the virus, but just socialization. That seems a little detrimental! I may need to take some drives, lol!!!

I saw my chipmunk again...so the snake did not eat him! Little happy things!!

Take care all!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Warm and sticky, as per usual, but I don't have to get back out there immediately.

There IS a grocery run in my near future though...possibly tomorrow. I actually got my laundry all done yesterday, but only because I happened to be getting a glass of water in the kitchen, adjacent to the laundry room, when I heard the dryer stop, and I wasn't in the middle of anything so decided I'd best get on in there, fold, and put away before it slipped my mind.

That laundry would still be in the dryer otherwise, I can assure you.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Ed, laundry is one of the few cleaning things I don't mind doing. Warm and sticky here too...partly cloudy, high of 90 expected.
    Jan, hope getting your tags went ok. We have a chipmunk that sort of lives in our extra large umbrella stand (it's filled with sand, and is now a storage bin for his sunflower seeds).
    I'm not really happy with going to stores either, mostly my husband goes, but tomorrow I may make an early run to Walmart. I need some haircolor, and don't want to send him out for that.
    I've found I can order a lot of what I need online.