Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Tonight's "Taco Tuesday" dinner of nachos did at least contain some taco seasoned, crumbled veggie burgers.

qn98dvovf6uz.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! I woke early and drove to Kroger to take advantage of the senior hours, and avoid crowds. My receipt says I saved $38.91 but my bank account begs to differ, insisting that I spent $143.99. I think the bank account wins that discussion...

I have a couple of additional items to get, but Lidl doesn't open until 8:00 so I will head there shortly.

Still need to fold that dryer full of laundry.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning all.
    Out bright and early, Ed...I've been lollygagging around with my morning coffee.
    High of 88 with some t-storms expected later...flash flood watch.
    I've started another jigsaw puzzle. Reading another book. Thinking I should do something productive, but having a hard time getting motivated!
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello all,

It has been a week!! May May is a little off her food. I am guessing she is quite disturbed by my getting her her same food but for large dogs. She usually eats the reg. size, but no one had it in when I shopped. She is gratefully eating some chicken to go with it, though she sniffs it to make sure what exactly I am feeding her, lol..

Then my daughter cut a rather good size part of the pad of her finger while using her circular blade to cut material. (Not a big saw, but one for material. ) I got dressed at 10 pm and drove to her house, because sometimes you just need your Mom!! :) She is fine now, but it was a rather painful nite, and will be a long time healing.

I woke having the white of my eye totally red. I think it was allergies or my Bi-pap rubbed it.. Definitely not pink eye. I was happy as that is a lesser known symptom of covid. I also had what I think was a stomach virus for 2 days. Possibly from some frozen fried clams. They do not always appear to be cold enough in the store freezer. So all in all, I am not sure if that was it...but no temp . Also pulled a muscle in my back, so walking at times is hard. All in all...not the best of weeks!!

Vix, it is really hard to do things with so much down time. I do get lazy, and read or catch up on TV too much. But gee, that is fun. Covid seems low level anxiety, even if you are a homebody. Waiting for school to make it worse.

Hoping for a nice day now with no strange occurrences!! :#<3 Have a good day!!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It's another hot, sticky summer day, with a good chance of evening showers.

I actually got my laundry folded and put away yesterday, even after all that shopping in the morning. I didn't need much from Lidl yesterday, after that big Kroger run, and, since I was there right after my breakfast, I didn't buy a TOO much un-needed stuff, but some indulgences managed to fall into my stuff. I can't imagine how that happened. LOL.

I know. It was Eduardo! He snuck those things into my buggy when I wasn't looking...That's my story and I am sticking to it!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Totally overcast this morning, high of 83 expected and possible rain later. We had a couple of good heavy rains yesterday, plus overnight. Walked around the neighborhood this morning. Need to pick up a book at the library and take my car for a drive later.
    Jan, I hope your daughter is doing ok...yes, sometimes you just need your Mom. Mine's been gone for a long time, but sometimes I wish I could pick up the phone and call.
    Sorry about your red eye, stomach upset, and back pain. Hope you feel better soon.
    I really hope some people open their minds and ask themselves...is this better than 4 years ago...could it be more obvious?
    Ed, I love that you have Eduardo. In my younger days, I used to love to take on personas...especially when going to places where no one knew me. It was so much fun, almost like a chameleon. :smirk:
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! A bit cooler today but last night's bit of rain, with lots of grumbling and noise, seems to have presaged another afternoon and evening of the same today.

One of the trees in the uphill neighbor's yard seems to have lost a couple of branches, that have swayed down over our kitchen patio in their dying gasps. A small one is laying partially on our roof but no apparent damage.

I trimmed what I could reach from the ground with my loppers, which took some of the weight off what is still hanging down, partially attached to the tree, but we may have to call someone in to take down the rest. I will assess that after I see what else I can do with my ladders, loppers, and saws...it's a bit warm to do much of that kind of work outside, at least at my age.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Sounds like a lot of work, Ed...be careful.
    Lots of rain here too and more expected today. It's totally overcast, with a high of 86 expected today.
    Went to the library yesterday. Will probably do some laundry in a little while.
    It's hard to believe they are dismantling sorting machines in the post office that can sort 35000 pieces of mail per hour. https://www.businessinsider.com/usps-turning-off-mail-sorting-machines-ahead-of-the-election-2020-8 So, if your mail has been getting slower, this could be the reason.
    I think we'll go to an early voting location. This year we really have to vote like our lives depend on it.
    Stay safe and healthy.
  • parityanimal
    Well, I was able to trim off the parts of tree that were touching the roof, and the parts partially obstructing our walk way. One tree has a dying branch that still overhangs the roof a little, but nothing that would damage it, even if it came straight down. It's not likely to come straight down anyway, but more likely to swing toward the uphill fence and just bump it, without likely damaging the fence either.

The other tree looks like it lost the whole top and may die. But what's left that I couldn't reach is being held up mostly by another, bigger tree and likewise doesn't look like an immediate threat to anything now, after my trimming of what I could reach.

Both trees broke way too high for me to get up there and properly take down the rest anyway, so we'll monitor that situation and, if necessary, call some professional help in later. It may never be a problem.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's salubrious Saturday! It's a bit cooler today with a good chance for afternoon and evening thunderstorms. Not a lot on the agenda today, as the shopping list has nothing critical.

• eku0
    Good morning all
    Mostly cloudy and cooler today here too, Ed. High of 78 expected, more rain in the p.m.
    Ordered a Charlie Chaplain t-shirt for hubs for his birthday at the end of the month. He mentioned one day that he'd like one. I hope he wasn't kidding. haha.
    The guy will come and fix our minor basement leaks when it dries out, which probably won't be for a while because there's a lot of rain in the forecast.
    Nothing much new here. Watching the flowers grow, which is a step up from watching the grass grow.
    My grandson was enchanted with the butterflies around our butterfly bushes. They were cooperative and allowed him to come really close. He even got to touch one of them very gently.
    Have a good Saturday, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning sounds like everyone is doing good . I have been super busy with the pup take care
  • parityanimal
    I may do some house cleaning later. I have already run the dishwasher and put all the clean dishes away. And I have done my monthly flush of the air conditioner drain.

I have the clothes washer running a CLEAN WASHER cycle, with only bleach, now, which should be done in about an hour, and I have the coffee/tea maker started on a cleaning cycle of its own, with half a pot of white vinegar put in, the device started, run until some of it dripped through, and then shut off to let the innards soak in vinegar for about half an hour, after which I will turn it back on and let the rest of the vinegar cycle through and then flush it by cycling three pots of fresh water through it.

So I am having at least something of a productive morning.

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!

You all seem so productive!! How great!! Glad you were able to trim safely, Ed. That is a lot of work! We had a 2 inch rain on Thursday. And a quick downpour just a few minutes ago. We were getting pretty dry, so glad to see it. Irene, glad you are enjoying the puppy!! Hi Jo!!!

Vix, nice you could see your Grandson. I call the butterflies flutterby's!! They were not as numerous this year, though getting more lately. I have not seen the little cabbage butterflies that fly in pairs at all this year. That seems rather disturbing. Not sure what they are called. That is just what my family called them. I have seen quite a few black butterflies with some blue markings, and a couple of monarchs too.

I shopped for food yesterday. What a disaster, lol. It just took me forever to get out of the house. Then I realized I had forgot my mask. (How does one even do that?). Luckily I had an older n-95 mask that I had sterilized in the back seat in case of this very thing. Once in the store I realized I had put down my list while giving May her treat when I left. I did get everything except one cleaner, which was no big thing... Winn Dixie had a lot of empty shelves and not too much of any product out at once.They also had a Freon leak, not many frozen items, obviously, and a large whole in the middle of the aisle. I still found my stuff, so that was good. I was talking a bit at the register. Apparently the lady in front of me, behind me, and the cashier all needed talk therapy. We all enjoyed it! For the 4th time I had forgot to ask for stamps. I just gave up, and went to the post office before heading home. Even she was chatty. I think people are getting lonely. I was so glad to get home. It just felt like a major operation, lol!! :#

Stay safe all!! Cheap tricks with all the voting problems. Honestly..I do not like any candidate once again. We need some new blood all the way around. As Roger would say, IMHO... B):|<3

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It's pleasant enough out there now, but a bit sticky. We are supposed to get to a nice, toasty 90 degrees today with sunny skies. I might get something done today.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Glad you're enjoying your pup, Irene.
    Jan, at this point, I can't see how anyone would want more of the same. It's truly making me sick. The news gets worse on a daily basis. It's sad when one is only capable of cheap tricks, flimflam, destruction. I'm not a fan of chaos. This has to change.
    Ed, good that you got through some household chores. Good to clean out the washer once in a while. And the coffee maker!
    Have a good Sunday, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    The weekend was so much cooler, I really enjoyed it. My daughter and I went for a walk in a new location. It is about 30 min. away. It was so peaceful there, so we will be going back again.
    Vix-interesting masks, but with all those embellishments on them how do you clean them?
    How fun to that Will got to touch a butterfly.
    Ed-nice that your neighbor cleaned up the yard. It sounds like you got a lot done cutting down the branches. Glad the house didn't suffer any damage.
    Jan-I hope you have a better week. People do seems extra chatty lately.
    Hi Irene-the puppy must be keeping you busy.
    My hubby had an eye appt. yesterday. The office is located in a mall. I walked around while he was getting his eyes examined. It was almost like a ghost town. A number of stores were closed and not too many people.
    Today I am emptying lower cabinets, so my new counters can be installed tomorrow. I figured while they are empty I will clean them inside and out.
    I had a Dr. appt. on Friday. All my blood work was good, I lost 10 lb. since Feb and my BP was good. I do not have to go back to see her for a year. :)
    We finally got some rain last night and it is still cool. I am happy!
    Have a great day!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Just a teensy bit cooler today, and a teensy bit less sticky. The downhill neighbor was noisily working on his side of the little drainage creek all day yesterday. That made napping a bit difficult but his compressor (pressure washing the fence too) was mostly a regular enough sound that I was able to tune it out, except for times when the cadence occasionally changed.

I need to run the dishwasher today.

• eku0
    edited August 2020
    Good morning all.
    I never could get into napping, Ed. The best I do is dozing off occasionally for a minute or two if I'm reading.
    Jo, congrats on the 10 pounds lost!!! and the good blood work and blood pressure! Nice that you found a new place to walk. Exciting to get new counters! I haven't been to a mall....can't remember the last time. Must have been around February...probably to Barnes and Noble.
    My body is so resistant to losing weight...I've been trying really hard, but maybe down 2 pounds since February, varies on any given day....my weight bounces about 5 pounds up and down. Totally frustrating.
    Been kind of down lately, but having family close really helps a lot.
    It's a new week. Hope it's a good one.
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It should be nice today but the next few days show a forecast for possibly lots of rain. We will see.

Might do a little house cleaning today.