Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning all.
    Lots of batteries going flat with the pandemic, Ed. A jump start should work, then driving at least 15- 20 minutes a couple of times a week....unless it's dead. Mine had a bad cell when I took it to get checked out. I still take the car for a drive about every 5 days to keep it going.
    Sunny here with a high of 87 expected. I have a library pickup scheduled for this a.m.
    Have a good day everyone.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    I was just planning to make chicken and noodles tonight, with maybe some peas and carrots thrown in. Easy peasy and a favorite dish.

But Eduardo had other ideas. The chicken turned into chicken tetrazzini instead, with no peas or carrots, but lots of extra mushrooms and a creamy homemade sauce!

Leftovers for at least 3 more meals too.

7a54anky8wib.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It's sticky out there, but not too hot as yet. It will be hot enough later today though. I need to get out for eggs and milk, at the least, and try to find some paper towels.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Fancy chicken, Ed!
    I had some sauteed chicken and vegetables last night. Nice spices...I'll have to ask hubby what he put in there.
    Sunny with a high of 92 expected today. Guess I'll get some inside chores done.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    And...$145.85 later, I'm back home from my one stop at Ingle's. I kind of wanted to stop on the way home to get some stuff at Lidl, like the eggs, but decided to limit my exposure, sucked it up, and paid quite a bit more for eggs at Ingle's, along with everything else.

Then I spent way too much time pondering what the heck the "N/O HEALTHLI" was on my receipt, at $3.67, and finally realized it was the Nature's Own Healthy Life double fiber, low carb whole wheat bread. Sometimes the abbreviations on the receipts can totally boggle the mind. And didn't our own Georgia Jimmy Carter promise we would never pay $1 for a loaf of bread? Technically, I guess he was right as $3.67 is not $1.

I can make a Lidl run another time. I needed to get home to get my 2 hour after breakfast blood glucose reading anyway. It was fine so I gave myself a Zone Perfect fudge graham bar as a reward for getting the shopping done.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Ed, I just read Lidl is putting in 10 stores in Md. The closest one to me will probably be in Frederick (about 25 minute drive,)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good Morning!

What a week. I went to church in person and I felt really safe. It was well spaced and everyone respectful. My friends husband's had his 83 rd birthday on Tuesday, so I spent Monday gathering some things. Extra trips and odd things made it tiring, but another friend and I took them lunch. We had a wonderful time. Socially distanced and masked till eating. They are so sweet a couple. Sat. I had discovered a water stain on my hall ceiling. I thought it was my roof. My son checked it out and believed it was a cracked water pan under the water heater. It is sauntered in. A call for plumbing and he was right. I wish I could get a tank-less system, but with my house older, I am not sure the wiring can handle it. So I am without hot water till I try and decide what I am doing. Sure glad we did not get the hurricane. I think some of you all will get more than here. We just have way high humidity, like 90% from it, and some thunderstorms later..kind of hit and miss!!
    Ed, your dish just looks scrumptious! Prices are crazy for sure!! Glad your appt. went well, Vix! Sometimes they follow up you to death!! I also just get tired of going for some procedures. Sounds like everyone is hanging in there!!
    Stay safe and careful!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! It's a bit warmer this morning, but still supposed to remain below 90 today, with a good chance of evening storms. I don't think I need to go anywhere today, so unless something comes up, I won't! I have one more serving of my chicken tetrazzini left, and that will be lunch today.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Sunny with a high of 90 expected here today...t-storms later.
    It's Friday...have a good weekend.

Howdy all y'all. It's sultry Saturday! Warm out there and expected to get warmer, of course. But it is not so damp today and it looks like it will be a nice day. I might do some laundry.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Rainy with a high of 82 expected. Made a run to the grocery store. Our family is coming tomorrow for a patio brunch to celebrate my husband's birthday and my son and daughter-in-law's first anniversary. I'm going to make a frittata, and some munchies, and they will bring things too. Looking forward to it. Weather should be better tomorrow.
    Have a good weekend, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, puppy is growing and doing good took her in for her 2nd set of shots she is up to 18 pounds .George and i are really busy with her take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! Another swelter in place day, with a good chance of evening thunder showers. I still might do laundry today. I didn't yesterday.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Irene, glad you're enjoying the puppy. It's always good to smile.
    Ed, stay cool.
    It's sunny with a high of 80 expected today...perfect summer day...nice cool breeze this a.m. with the windows open (67 degrees currently). Our family is coming for brunch this morning. Almost ready...have to frost the cake and put the frittata in the oven, get out the paper and plastic ware for outdoors.
    Have a good Sunday everyone.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!!
    Irene, glad you are having a good time with that puppy! They grow so fast!! Vix, sounds like you all will have a great time celebrating! Isn't it nice getting together? Ed, I love chicken tetrazzini. Sounds so good!!

I did not make it to church, so watched online. I went to lunch with a friend on Sat., and I did not like the arrangement they had set up. I sure felt less than safe. I am a little disappointed she suggested there to eat. It was a small fresh market and all people wore masks. It was impossible to space, though people tried. The owners could have done much better than they had, though the eating cafe building itself was less than perfect to work with. We did sit out side after and just talked and watched the chickens and billy goats. That was nice.

I did more walking and driving (about 45 minutes one way due to traffic) than I had lately, so really felt it. I was exhausted.
    Hope everyone has a great week!!! <3
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Sounds like everyone is doing well.
    Day off from work today, but not from household chores.
    I have already washed the kitchen and dining room floors and tried on a bunch of smaller size pants that were in the attic. I found found about 6 pairs that fit. I think another 5-10 lbs. and I will have a whole new wardrobe, curtesy of my attic. We tried some new walking trails yesterday. Walked almost 6 miles, due to getting a little lost in the woods.
    Hubby and I got our flu shots last Wednesday. I am hoping with wearing mask and sanitizing more that it will keep colds to a minimum this winter.
    Have a great week. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

Just a teensy bit cooler today, but very sticky out. We had a lot of noise from the thunder last night and some very heavy rain for a bit.

I need to fold and put away the laundry from yesterday.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    We had such a nice famly gathering yesterday, it did my heart good. The weather was beautiful and I left a lot of windows open. The house feels nice and fresh. We spent a good part of the time outside too. Wore masks and sat apart inside.
    Jan, I haven't gone to a restaurant yet, and probably won't for a while. I don't trust that the ventilation is good enough. But it is nice to spend time with people.
    Jo, congrats on the weight loss!!! That is wonderful! I'm waiting a bit for the flu shot...I read that the best time to get them is Sept or Oct to last through the season, although it is almost September!!!...I've totally lost track of time!
    Ed, I guess the last storm went by you...haven't really looked at the next 2 coming up.
    It's going to be a rainy day here, with a high of 71, so very much cooler.
    I have a yearly appt today. Gotta go get ready!
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

It's pretty warm this morning, and will get warmer yet as the day progresses. I got the laundry put away yesterday. Today I need to pick up Lilo's next bag of fluid, and get to Kroger while out. I got paid today so time to start heading toward broke again. LOL.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Another cloudy, drizzly morning here, high of 79 expected. Will do some laundry and see what else the day brings.
    Have a good Tuesday, everyone.