Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning all.
    Sunny here today with a high of 84 expected. May be some rain at night. 130 in Death Valley. Sure want to be there!!! :o
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! A bit cooler with a good chance of late afternoon/evening rain. With the rain there should come a few days of lower temperatures, which I know I will enjoy.

Might hop out to Lidl for a few things this morning.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Ed, a bit cooler here too...raining and 66 with a high of 83 expected.
    Didn't sleep well last night. Kept busy yesterday,cleaning, laundry, took my car for a ride, exercise, reading, finished another jigsaw puzzle.
    Will see what today brings.
    Have a good one.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Cooler today with a good chance of mostly afternoon, evening, and overnight showers. We did get some rain yesterday, but Mother Nature was apparently in a good mood and didn't throw in a lot of wind, fireworks, and noise. I did get out to Lidl yesterday and spend more than I needed to, but we will eat all that I bought so it's all good.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Mostly sunny with a high of 83 today. Rained a little overnight.
    Started cleaning some drawers in our kitchen yesterday. Going to do a little at a time so it doesn't get too tedious. Spent some time in the shade, reading on the deck yesterday.
    Want to find some time today for a soak. And I scheduled a pickup at the library.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning.our weather here is also cooler take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! It's a LOT cooler out there this morning, and sprinkling now. I went outside to push the Four O'Clocks back into the flower bed, as they get too tall and lean out (and fall) over the front door sidewalk, especially badly after rain. They lean that way to try to reach the sun. I have to periodically push them back, even without rain, but it's worse right after a rain. I love the flowers, but am not overly fond of the insane growth habit they exhibit where I planted them. They aren't normally supposed to get as tall as they do, but I think, in reaching for the sun, they overreach themselves because of the hedge on the other side of that walk.

Still, they create a lovely display of blooms all summer long, so I am not going to even attempt to remove them. As aggressive as they are, I doubt I could ever completely eliminate them anyway. I still have a few passion flowers growing in the hedge that I have been trying to keep down for years. But I originally planted them, so there is no one else to blame if I find them annoying sometimes. LOL.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Partly - mostly cloudy, high of 85 today. Possible rain later, but most likely not til overnight.
    4 o'clocks are pretty...was looking at whether they were perennial or not, depends on growing zone. Then I checked out the growing zones...looks like they are moving northward. We can have them as perennials here, but right on the edge of the growing zone. We actually have a profusion of flowers already. haha. One day someone driving by had some kind of megaphone, and sang out "I love your sunflowers!" It made me smile...we have a few 6-8 foot sunflowers in front of our porch (along with a multitude of other flowers).
    Another Friday. Wishing everyone a good weekend.
  • eku0
    more masks
    viascq1j4eg5.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's soggy Saturday! We had some really loud, scary thundershowers last night right around suppertime. I had already baked my pizza but J was working late, and right after I started the other pizza, the lights flickered, and then, a minute or two later went out. They were only out for a minute, which didn't really affect the pizza in the toaster oven at all, but the cats and I were quite disturbed by the nearby lightning and instant, very loud thunder.

It's foggy and soggy out there now. I stepped out to check for any visible storm damage from last night's storm, but saw none. Luckily, I did not notice any significant wind, just a lot of rain and the light and noise show.

Not raining at the moment, but this afternoon and evening may be a repeat of last night.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    We had some rain overnight. Cloudy with a high of 86 expected today, low possibility of some showers.
    I've not been sleeping well this week.
    Ed, I've always kind of liked thunder and lightning. Good that your power wasn't out too long.
    Need to water my indoor plants today, and will see what the day brings.
    Have a good one.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!!
    We have had some rain too. I had 3.2 inches yesterday and some this morning. I had not checked the amount yet. The two dry days I just was too tired to work outside. Now I can't as it is soggy also. Ed, we had one lightening and thunder strike that mad me jump about a mile. The dog too!! She is not the bravest!! I waited till about 1:15 am for the drama to pass, but literally shoved her out to potty. I had given her time, but she just sat in the shelter of the breezeway. She finally went, long... but fast and hurried back to get praised and praised.. Two treats and a very "good dog" for that!! Headed for bed! The things we do for our animals!! :)

Glad everyone is doing okay! I drove to Montgomery yesterday, and things have sprung up overnite. Guess I missed seeing the construction phase!! They put in a Taco Bell in the one little town 5 minutes to my left. You would have thought no one had them before!! They had to call police to direct traffic!! Just off the interstate but a dangerous location. Hardly anyway to turn left back on the main road. In peak times it will be a death trap. Luckily for me, I will be able to have it on my right side, exit, then take the first right on the freeway home. The town to my right has a Taco Bell. That is about 10 minutes from me. So funny...people's reactions!! Why they did not make a back access road to the left is beyond me. Just several thousand yards to the left and there would be a light. People here plan dumb. There was plenty of land to do it. Supposedly they are going to try that... :D

Glad everyone is well so far. My daughter starts school on Monday. The kids do not come till after Labor Day... It will be interesting. Plans are in place, but a lot will be trial and error. My son and daughter in law have started there first week already. The grandkids are videoing from home. Hopefully the college level and private school will fair better than the public one. There was a dip in the spread, but football has opened with social distance and masks. About 3/4's did it at the high school closest to me. Al. U. in Montgomery had hardly any social distance and only about 1/2 wore masks, which is a state law. Hope they do better. They will shut down if the no.s go up..so those non compliant are hurting themselves..

TWO hurricanes in the gulf..turned away from us, and 6 waterspouts in Gulf, all at the same time!!! Captured on film. If I could post, I would!! Not techy...But you might can find it!! 2020..what a year...

Stay safe!! Good to hear from you Jo, and everyone else too!!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! Another cooler day is progressing, with some chance of afternoon showers. I may do laundry today.

• eku0
    edited August 2020
    Good morning all.
    Best wishes to your daughter, Jan. Hope she stays safe and healthy.
    Ed, mostly cloudy here with a high of 88 expected.
    I hope both of you are safe from the storms.
    I have my regular annual appt with my gyn tomorrow. My second in person medical appt since all this started. Then my mammo next week. Feels strange to be going out to an office.
    Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    We had a thunderstorm last night that knocked out the power for a few hours. Sophie is scared of the thunder and lightening. She hides behind the furnace in the basement.
    Vix-good luck with your appt.
    Jan-good luck to your family as they start back to school.
    Irene-how is the new puppy doing?
    Ed-I am glad your power wasn't out for long.
    I have to make a vet appt. for Sophie. She has a bump on her nose and it is affecting her breathing. She sounds like a little pig.
    Stay safe and have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Rain today will help keep it cooler. I just didn't feel like cooking last night so we ordered pizza, as that was all that sounded good to me. So...guess what I had for breakfast, and will be having for lunch today too?

And the laundry, while it IS clean, is still in the dryer. LOL.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    We had a t-storm yesterday evening and some more rain overnight. Mostly sunny with a high of 89 expected today, maybe some more rain later.
    Jo, I hope Sophie's ok. Poor little kittie.
    Ed, pizza sounds so good. Maybe I'll fix myself a gluten free bagel pizza today!
    My appt was fine...going back in Sept for a sonogram, I had some questions about bloating, but he thinks everything is ok, will just check.
    I need to make an appt with a gastro, but I don't feel like doing that right away.
    Wishing everyone a good week ahead.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It's considerably cooler today, with 90% chance of rain. The high is expected to be only 77. That is expected to creep back up through Thursday and then begin falling a bit and then lurking in the mid to upper 80s for a while.

I got my laundry folded and put away yesterday. :)

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Ed, it's cooler in Georgia today than it is here! We've got a high of 92 with scattered t-storms today.
    I did fix myself a little half bagel pizza yesterday....it was delish.
    Went out to TJMaxx Sr hour this morning. I feel almost human again. Bought some socks for my husband, books for my grandson, greeting cards, and some organic pumpkin spice tea, which I am sipping on now...yum.
    Wishing everyone a good day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Damp and sticky out there now, but the lawn guys came anyway and did their thing. J has a doctor's appointment this morning, and I may have to drive if it looks to chancy for taking the motorcycle. J's car battery is flat and we haven't done anything about that yet, though we will need to soon.