Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!!

We are supposed to have less humidity by Weds. nite for a day or two. So looking forward to that!! And in maybe 10 days or so, cooler weather! I sure hope so!! I cannot even open up the house it is so miserable this summer. I think I opened up twice. Whatever did people do years ago without air?... Oh my gosh...

My flowers are about done for the year. But my poison ivy is back and profuse and blooming. The butterflies love it!! Who knew?? I have a ton of mushrooms and weeds that are doing quite well, too!! :D

Glad everyone is doing so well!! I am trying to cut out those pesky carbs I have been totally indulging in. Sad when you feel better after one day!! Just goes to show how much I have been overindulging lately!!

Take care all and stay safe!! <3
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! I have put away the clean dishes and eaten my breakfast. Two slices of French toast made into a sandwich with melted American cheese between the slices. Of course I used my low carb, high fiber, whole wheat bread for that, and had some sausage links on the side to round out the meal. I am still working on my first big mug of tea.

I spent $150 at Kroger yesterday and the bag happy sacker spread it out into 19 bags. He could have easily used half as many, or less. I think it's time to send that one back to training.

Since I got all the critical items, and most of the non-critical ones, I don't need to get back out to the store right away, but I do need to get to PetSmart relatively soon for kitty litter. On that trip I will probably step around the corner to Publix or Target and get bran flakes, as our Kroger stopped carrying the store brand and we don't care for All-Bran, as it is too sweet.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning.
    Rainy/cloudy here with a high of 85 expected today.
    Jan, when I was growing up, we had an old house (from the 1800s), and we used to use fans in the sweltering summer...I remember laying on my bed right in front of the fan on full blast, and still being too hot. ;) So who wants to go back to the way things were? I didn't know butterflies liked poison ivy...mine love the butterfly bushes, asters, etc.
    Ed, breakfast sounds great...that would be at least half of my day's worth of calories! I don't burn off much. An apple and blueberries for me this a.m., along with my coffee and unsweetened almond milk. Yesterday I had a leftover blueberry scone...it was delicious!
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    hi everyone it is warm here in nj suppose to rain today well take care
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Looks like it's going to be cloudy and rainy all day, high of 86....had some t-storms yesterday and more rain overnight.
    Taking hubby to the doc for a shot, will see what else the day brings.
    Thursday already....have a good day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It will be a little warmer today, and it's quite sticky out there at the moment. I am running a little bit late since Eduardo insisted on chicken fried steak for breakfast.

I had considered lightly (very lightly) dredging the cube steak in seasoned flour and just pan frying it in ghee, with an egg an the side. But Eduardo had the idea that the egg should be used as an egg wash and a little more flour was needed so that I could make properly chicken fried steak instead, and no egg on the side.

It was delicious, with the mandatory peppered country (milk) gravy. If I am making something chicken fried, you better believe I am making that gravy too! So that was the totality of breakfast. Chicken fried steak with plenty of gravy.

As I was cleaning up, of course, I remembered why I don't make chicken fried ANYTHING very often. It's messy.

Not a lot on the agenda today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    We had some t-storms yesterday, and a tornado watch...luckily no tornado.
    Mixed sun and clouds today with a high of 86 expected. Didn't sleep well last night, so it will probably be a slow day for me. Will be picking up a book at the library later this morning.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

Back in olden days, when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I had to walk to school barefoot, through the snow, uphill (both there and back) we would have been starting school next Tuesday, the day after Labor Day.

And in normal times I would be downtown in the heart of Atlanta, celebrating Dragon Con, but this year that will all be virtual, online. At least there won't be long lines to wait in!

• eku0
    ea9n9dy2p6qt.png
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    It is much cooler this morning. I have shut off the AC and opened the windows. When I get out of work today, I am officially on vacation for 10 days. I don't have any plans, so will take one day at a time. It will be nice to just have some time off from work.
    Jan-stay away from the poison Ivy. I keep wanting to clean out under and behind my arborvitaes, but after last years bout of poison Ivy I am afraid. I think I will ask my lawn guy to do it.
    Any plans for labor day?
    Have a great day. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's quite pleasant out there this morning, and for a change, the humidity is not 100%. It is still supposed to get pretty sultry this afternoon, but it is nice to have a cool morning.

Not a lot on the agenda today. Leftover pizza for breakfast.

• eku0
    Good morning
    It's cool this morning, 56 and sunny, high of 79 expected today.
    Enjoy your online Dragon Con, Ed.
    Jo, happy for you that you're getting some time off. I'm sure you'll find lots of fun things to do. And it's good that you're getting some time to just relax.
    No special plans for labor day.
    Our next door neighbors put their house up for sale this week. Lots of people have already come to see it. I had no idea they were going to move. But then, I mostly just wave or say hi, don't generally have conversations, everyone's busy.
    Have a good weekend, everyone.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It's a bit cooler this morning, and is only supposed to get to 85 this afternoon. All the same, I feel sure that Summer isn't finished with us.

Not much on the agenda today.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Nice and cool here this morning too, Ed. Just back from a walk around the neighborhood. Sunny with a high of 82 expected. We're going to our son's house this afternoon for a small outdoor family gathering. Distancing and masks, but still nice to see everyone. Looking forward to it.
    Have a good Sunday, everyone.
  • Buttons61
    edited September 2020
    Hello!!
    We were at 68 degrees last nite. So wonderful!! I opened the house today the humidity is gone for a few days. This doesn't happen often, so I will sure take advantage!!

Jo, Glad you have vacation!! You surely deserve it!! You are a front line worker just as important as our medical people!! I know everyone is totally tired of this virus. But it is so important to keep distancing still.I hope your days off are wonderful!! Vix, it is so nice to see family! It will be hard now that school has started. Teachers here kind of freaking at my daughters public school. So much extra on everyone! The kids start Tuesday.

Still did not feel tip top today. I watched church from home. I kept losing it though on my phone. Not a typical Sunday. Typical Southern Sunday dinner though. I am making just a little mashed potatoes, oven fried chicken or air fried, and homemade cornbread with fresh local honey. A gift from my daughter whose teacher friend has his own hives!! A nice way to spend the day. No Labor Day plans here, except not to labor!!! B)
    Take care all!! <3
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jo!!!
    master.jpg
    Enjoy your day! Hope you're doing something special. :)

Our family gathering yesterday was wonderful. Beautiful weather for being outdoors.
    It's supposed to be another beautiful day today. Sunny, high of 83.
    I hope you feel better, Jan. Best wishes to your daughter. I hope you all stay safe and healthy.
    I have a massage scheduled for this morning...everyone wears masks, and the room is cleaned in between clients. I am looking forward to it. I think it will help.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It's cooler again today, and another glorious day is expected! The last few labor days have been unbearably hot, at least in my memory, so it's nice to have one that is not. I may get out to a grocery store in a bit. And may do laundry today.

• Buttons61
    Hello!!

Happy Anniversary, Jo!!
    Very quiet here. Guess everyone is at the beach, or lake. I expect a bit of a rise due to covid due to Labor Day. I am hoping to cut the grass and get some mail out! Now if I get to it!! I have so much to do here. If I could just make myself do it!! Glad you had a good time with family, Vix! Enjoy your massage! Looks like we are all blessed with beautiful weather!! Ed,you sound too ambitious for Labor Day!! I have 2 scrawny potatoes here. I see myself making some homemade potato salad if I do it early enough! Not Labor Day without potato salad!!!
    Take care and enjoy the weather!!!! :)B)<3
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It's another cool morning and looks like it will be another wonderful day. I may get out quickly to buy those few grocery items I missed yesterday.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Thank you for the anniversary wishes. It has been 45 years, how time flies. :)
    Skyped with my son and daughter-in-law on Sunday. They are doing well. Son is still working from home and DIL is starting back to school at the end of the month. She is still not sure if it will be in person. There is a meeting this week. She will be starting her 2nd year at University
    studying design.
    Vix-if I remember correctly your son will be married a year this month. Happy Anniversary to him and his wife.
    The weather here has been wonderful for the past 3 days. Starting tomorrow the humidity will return. Sunday we went for a 5 mile hike in Blue Hills Reservation and Monday we walked 5 miles through Borderland State Park.
    Today I am cleaning out cabinets and bureau drawers.
    Hope everyone has a great day!