Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    happy anniversary jo
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hi all.
    Thanks, Jo. My son's anniversary was 9/1. We were celebrating on Sunday. Your walks sound wonderful. I'm so glad you got to skype with your son and DIL and that they are doing well.
    Ed, beautiful weather here today too. Enjoy!
    Jan, hope you got your chores done. I didn't get my massage...we both forgot it was Labor day when we made the appt, and the place was closed. I will be going on Friday instead.
    Irene, hows the puppy doing....I forgot what you named her.
    Went for a walk this morning around the neighborhood, and did some exercise in the basement. A few more chores to do.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    edited September 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It's another beautiful morning here in Peachtree Corners, and it is supposed to remain nice all day. It is a bit stickier out there right now, but it's cool enough that I didn't have any problem with it.

The lawn guys have already been here and gone. Garbage may be picked up soon, or it may sit out there until tomorrow. One never knows with these Monday holidays like we had this week. Ditto for the recycling pickup that would normally happen this afternoon. Sometimes after a holiday the garbage will go on the scheduled day, with the recycling not being picked up until the following day. In any case, anything not picked up today will just sit out there waiting.

I popped out to Kroger early this morning and got eggs and cheese. We used more eggs than I had expected yesterday, and I only realized how low the deluxe sliced American was when I made my lunch. J actually cooked, making folded tamago (four eggs worth) and not bothering to try to make any rice to go with it. Then I cooked two more eggs for my egg, cheese, and Spam sandwich. That clobbered the half carton that was on top, and started the remaining carton, and then I used two more eggs, starting on the last carton, at supper, so I bought a carton this morning to fill the gap. J wanted eggs on top of the veggie burger supper. We eat a lot of eggs.

And now I get to stay home and alert, as my next crate of wine (Labor Day Weekend sale - 18 bottles @$4.99 each, plus tax, free shipping) is scheduled to be delivered today, and requires an adult signature.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Mostly cloudy, high of around 80 today, showers likely later.
    Sounds like you've been busy already. I'm just hanging out so far. Going to the library to pick up some books after this.
    Wednesday is our recycling day.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Have a good Wednesday, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Sunny and starting to get a little humid.
    I ran errands this morning and am now debating vacuuming my car or start weeding the flower beds...decisions decisions. :)
    I had a nice phone visit with my sister yesterday. It was nice to catch up.
    We have recycling on the 2nd and 4th Tues. of the month, with trash pick up every Tues.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Well, the wine is now IN and put away. I received:

4 Placer Andaluz Tempranillo/Syrah. An old favorite blend.
    4 D. João I Tinto. Another old favorite blend.
    4 Torero Mendoza Tempranillo. A relatively recent find for me, but it is decent.
    2 Sishaye Chenin Blanc. This one is another relatively recent find that is pretty good.
    2 Aterdecer de Los Andes Chardonnay-Chenin. I have not tasted this blend before but look forward to it.
    2 Tucana Unwooded Chardonnay. Unwooded Chardonnay is my favorite type of Chardonnay and I look forward to trying this one.

pb0t80srbn0w.png

6m946ix79sy3.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It's a little warmer this morning, but the humidity isn't too terrible, as yet anyway. I have to go see the vampires at 11:00.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jo, my sister called me this week, unusual. I'm the one who usually calls. Glad you had a nice catch up.
    Ed, what a fun hobby...so much wine! I guess those all go well with "watching lots of TV and worrying about the end of Democracy". Although lately I'm thinking maybe something stronger than wine.
    We had t-storms last night and rain today, high expected of 80. There was a small earthquake in NJ last night...anyone feel that?
    I really feel for the people out west...pandemic, heat wave, wildfires, early snow in Co! Mother earth is not happy.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Cloudy and expecting rain and thunder storms today.
    I have no plans for today, but I am sure I will find something to do.
    We really need a do-over of 2020. I wonder what the winter will bring?
    Wishing everyone a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Once again it's sticky out there, and warm. But it's pretty much a typical early September day for Peachtree Corners. I need to run my van through the emission inspection today but not a lot else on the agenda that is critical.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Sticky here too, Ed. Cloudy high of 80 expected today.
    Off to my massage!!! Yay!!!
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    q5go9jb748or.png
  • parityanimal
    4h879dsi3s1x.png
  • parityanimal
    o4xwfh4hj2po.png
  • parityanimal
    a9bihcit4vmz.png
  • eku0
    haha!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's a little cooler today, with a good chance of rain as the day progresses. I need to go to the tire store today for new front tires for my van.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Have a good trip to the tire store, Ed. Liked the funnies.
    It's cloudy and cooler here today too...high of 74 expected.
    No special plans for me today, chores, etc.
    Have a nice Saturday, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, well today Sammie is 4 months old today she is doing pretty good with potty training which I am happy about also we signed her up for another training class she is really learning a lot. Yesterday i went and got the shingles boaster i have been really sick i was so cold i was shaking horrible headache and my back is killing me take care everyone i am going back to bed
  • parityanimal
    That was relatively painless. Well, not to my credit card. LOL. But I was at the tire store less than an hour, so I was happy with that. Since it was right near Kroger, I ran through there while out, and picked up a few things.

When I got home, the dishwasher cycle was finished so I put the groceries away, put the clean dishes away, and then started a cleaning cycle in the dishwasher, as I do each month around this time, to hopefully keep mineral deposits down and everything all neat and spiffy.

Lunch will be a vegetarian "not tuna" salad I made with mashed chickpeas, wrapped in CHEESE wraps instead of bread or tortilla wraps. We can have a few chips with it for carbs and crunch. J prefers I not actually call it "not tuna" and just leave tuna out of the name, so I call it chickpea (or garbanzo) sandwich spread instead.