Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    J's lunch today. Leftover yummy Thai style fried rice.

avvyo44v0s5i.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! Not so soggy today, but it is a bit foggy and sticky this morning. It should be a relatively cool, partly cloudy day.

I got out to Kroger early this morning for a few things that were at critical point, like onions. I can't be out of onions for very long!

I need to run the dishwasher today, probably after lunch, and possibly do some laundry. As it's a weekend, I do need to drive J's car around a bit at some point to keep it alive.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning.
    Yum, Ed! Funny cat this a.m.
    Rained overnight here. Still cloudy and wet looking outside.
    Will probably get the flu shot this a.m. Usual chores, etc around the house. Cloudy with a high of 73 today.
    Have a good Saturday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! A bit cool and sticky out there, and the chance of rain increases as the day progresses. I need to get laundry folded and put away, and J's car needs to be exercised. I may stop at a grocery during that exercise, but probably not.

Dinner last night was a roasted vegetable assortment of bell pepper, onion, potato, and cauliflower, with chickpeas, all tossed in a little olive oil with east Indian spices and baked at 425 for one hour in an oiled 9x13 glass baking dish.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    edited September 2020
    Well, I did stop at a grocery while exercising J's car, and picked up a few things that were about to go critical, as well as three packages of chuck steak in the manager's special bin at Kroger. Two of the packages are in the freezer but I left one in the refrigerator to be braised tomorrow (Monday).

I also got all the new license plate expiration stickers attached to the respective plates and even made sure that each one was put on the correct plate, and got the registration paperwork properly stored in glove compartments, and the saddle bag of the motorcycle.

Then I got my new insurance card put away in my glove compartment, though technically I haven't paid that yet...but I will shortly, as it is due on the 6th of October.

I still haven't folded any laundry yet, but I will. Eventually. Maybe even today.

• eku0
    Hello.
    You've been busy, Ed. Your veggie cassarole sounds good.
    We got our flu shots yesterday. One less thing to take care of. Arm is just a little sore and red.
    The kids came for brunch this morning for a celebration of my daughter's birthday earlier this week. The weather is cloudy, but it was ok to sit outside. I made some scrambled eggs with sauteed onions and chicken sausage, and a glutin free chocolate cake. I substituted unsweetened applesauce for the oil....never tried that before, but it was fine...saves a few calories. Kids brought bagels and cream cheese, ( I put out some smoked salmon with that), fruit salad, mimosas, and pumpkin donut holes. A feast!
    I have some towels to fold that I put in the dryer last night...thanks for the reminder, Ed! I forgot all about it.
    Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2020
    Tonight's Thai style soy curls in spicy brown sauce, with onion, bell pepper, garlic, and broccoli.

9d3roa2q3uy1.png
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Jan-I hope your back is getting better.
    Vix and Ed your meals sound yummy!
    Hi Irene.
    It was cloudy yesterday and very muggy. We went for a walk at a new place, Adams Farm.
    It was a nice 4.5 mile walk in the woods. I have an apple watch and in order for it to register my exercise properly I have to get my heart rate above 100bpm. Most of the time when we are walking my daughter closes her exercise ring in 30 min. It usually takes me about 40-50 min. to close mine. We think we figured out that her heart rate is much faster than mine and that is why the different times.
    Today is house work, laundry and errands, those never seem to end. :D
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Another coolish day, with increasing chances of rain as the day progresses.

There were some sprinkles on my way to and from Kroger this morning, but I didn't get significantly wet.

Nothing on the agenda other than possibly folding clothes. And I do need to get some chuck steak into a slow cooker with some carrots, onion, and a potato or two.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Ed!!!!
    A7024L.jpg
    Wishing you a beautiful day and a wonderful year ahead. I hope you get to do something special today!

Jo, your walks sound so nice. It's great that you can keep that up. Most of my days are filled with everyday chores, some sprinkled with more fun things. I have been reading a lot and started to knit some hats while I watch tv. Will have to find some more easy knitting patterns.
    Wishing everyone a good week as we start another one.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Today is J's birthday, so it will be J's choice for dinner. I suspect it will be J's usual choice...FOOD.

I did get the laundry put away yesterday.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Happy Birthday to J!!! I hope you do something special today!!! Ed, was your birthday yesterday, or did I get it wrong? Or was I just really sending your card way too early?
    Cloudy today, high of 72, probably some rain later.
    Nothing scheduled for me today, though I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow a.m.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2020
    eku0 wrote: »

Ed, was your birthday yesterday, or did I get it wrong? Or was I just really sending your card way too early?

My birthday was yesterday.

39!

• eku0
    Haha...can I be 39 too? Hope you had a great day!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It's a bit chilly out there, but I can hear the lawn crew, so we will have to set a reminder to send a check. I don't have much on the agenda today.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Chilly here too, but sunny. 52 going up to 69 today. Off for a massage in a few minutes.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

It should be a pleasant, sunny day here in Peachtree Corners. I have nothing on the definite agenda except maybe a nap. Perhaps I can catch up on some things I have been watching on Disney Plus and Netflix.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Partly to mostly cloudy today with a high of 78. Probable rain overnight. Fine for me.
    Need to go pick up some fiber tablets. Spoke with the gastro PA yesterday. She seems to think that will help even me out. Apparently I have a "structural problem". She thinks fiber is better than herbs. OK...will give it a try.
    Nothing else planned for today, looks pretty nice out, maybe some reading on the deck or patio is in order.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! It looks like it will be another splendid day in Peachtree Corners. I may head out to Kroger but am really hoping to delay that for another day or two. Early Sunday morning would be a great time to go.

Dinner last night was simple. Spanish rice with chili beans, shredded cheese on top of each serving and J had salsa as well. I opened a bottle of sangria and we shared that as well.

Nothing definite on the agenda today.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    I ended up coloring my hair yesterday....realized it really needed it, and had no excuse to avoid the process. I also realized I've been dressing like I'm in kindergarden. I guess it's comforting. Doesn't really matter.
    Ed, Peachtree Corners sounded so nice I had to see some pictures...looked on maps...such nice parks!
    Nothing on my agenda for today either...usual errands/chores.
    Have a good Friday, everyone.