Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    A bit foggy this morning. The sun is expected to appear around 10am and should be a beautiful day with a high of 72.
    I am going to try Ikea again today, wish me luck.
    One more day of work for me tomorrow and then I am off for 10 days. We plan to do day trips and things around the house.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning.
    Ed, I love pizza, but it's made all of things I'm not supposed to have...haha...bread, tomatoes, cheese.
    Jo, good luck with Ikea...I hope you get in and get what you want. Enjoy your 10 days off!
    Nice here today too...sunny with a high of 75.
    I'm going to run over to Sr hour at TJMaxx in a few minutes, and taking hubby for a shot this afternoon. Will see what else the day brings.
    Have a good Thursday everyone. Stay safe.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! We are expecting a lovely, cool day here. Not a lot on the agenda and that's fine with me.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Cool here too. Cloudy with a high of 57 expected. Need to do some cleaning. Will see what else the day brings. Reading an interesting book, sort of sci-fi meets historical fiction..."Kindred" by Octavia Butler. It's hard to put it down, different perspective.
    Hope you all have a good day, and a nice weekend. Stay healthy.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It will be a cool, sunny day here in Peachtree Corners. I don't have to be anywhere, but may decide to be somewhere anyway. LOL.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Cool and sunny here...in the 30s this a.m., with a high of 60 expected. Beautiful Autumn day.
    No special plans...still need to do some of the cleaning I didn't do yesterday. :smirk:
    Will see what the day brings.
    Have a great weekend, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Yesterday started out rainy. The sun came out and it turned into a lovely day.
    Checked a few stores for rugs. Still didn't find anything that I liked.
    Today we are hiking at Moose Hill, that is where we saw the deer last week.5bib8iyy39ba.jpeg
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! We are expecting another glorious, clear fall day in Peachtree Corners.

Joanne, I think they need to rename that place to Deer Hill! Great picture.

I need to take J's car out for a spin, and may stop at a grocery along the way. Nothing critical on the list though, so it may just be a spin.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    What a great picture, Jo! The deer look like they're surprised at seeing you. ;)
    Good luck finding some rugs...sometimes the fun is in the looking.
    Enjoy your spin, Ed.
    A lovely Autumn day here too. I see the birds hopping about in the spruce tree outside my window. The leaves are looking pretty on the deciduous trees.
    It's in the 30s this a.m., sunny, with a high of 63 expected.
    Have a great day, everyone. Enjoy the lovely Fall day.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    We saw 2 more deer on our walk yesterday. They were not close enough to take picts.
    Today we are going to Maine to see the foliage and maybe stop at the Kittery outlets.
    I thought I would start my Christmas shopping.
    Have a great start to the week. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! It is supposed to be a partly cloudy, fairly cool day with a high of 74.

I may need to pick up a prescription at Publix, but will wait until notified that it's ready.

• eku0
    Hi all.
    Enjoy your leaf peeping and outlet shopping, Jo!
    Ed, cloudy here too. High of 69 expected.
    I picked up a book at the library, bought a couple of jackets online for my grandson. Fiddled the morning away.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    We had a very successful day yesterday with our shopping and the weather was beautiful.
    Today we are tackling some yard work and putting the patio furniture away.
    I also have to call the vet and make an appointment for Sophie. The bump on her nose is not getting any better despite the medicine.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! And it's another beautiful sunny day in Peachtree Corners.

Not much on the agenda today, though I am (probably) expecting a wine delivery.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Jo, glad you had a successful shopping trip. Were you able to find a rug? It was a beautiful day. I'm enjoying Fall while we can. I hope Sophie's ok.
    Ed, wine delivery is pretty nice. ;)
    So far, it's foggy here, but it's supposed to clear up later with a high of 75.
    There is a balloon launching this afternoon at one of the local wineries. May head over there for that. An outdoor activity, it's a weekday, so hopefully not crowded.
    https://www.linganorewines.com/event/maryland-balloon-launch/
    It'll be nice to do something different.
    Have a great day, everyone.

• parityanimal
    Today's "fruit juice" delivery. It's fermented, but it's still fruit juice!

18 bottles of nice (presumably) red wine, 3 bottles each of:

Andaravio Tempranillo/Bobal, 2019
    Castillo Del Moro Tempranillo/Syrah, 2019
    Cape Red, 2019
    Alabar Tinto, 2019
    Tucana Cabernet Sauvignon/Pinotage, 2019
    Atico Tempranillo/Monastrell, 2019

z4cohhxzx1zg.png
  • eku0
    Nice, Ed.
    We went to the winery...beautiful weather, plenty of distance, a bottle of mango sangria, and a balloon launch. Great day!
  • eku0
    1hwn9aovaaaq.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It will be a bit warmer today, but is still supposed to be sunny and clear.

Great picture of the balloon. I think I would love to fly up in one someday. As long as I don't end up in the land of Oz. I don't think I would make a very convincing wizard.

I have been up since before 5:30, thanks to a leg cramp. But once I got up and moving a bit, it seems to have eased off.

Dinner last night was spicy yellow rice, next to cheesy refried beans, with fried eggs on top of both. My eggs were sunny side up, and J's were broken, over hard. J had salsa as well, but I had mine without. Folding bites together that had egg, beans, and rice in each bite came through deliciously.

I need to complete this home A1c test kit and send it in. I've never seen one like this before. There are 5 small circles on a small card, and I am apparently suppose to saturate each circle with blood, and the drops cannot overlap. It seems like I am filling out a test answer sheet or questionnaire except with blood, instead of a black blue pen. And I have to fill in all the circles instead of just one.

Prior tests have involved a small drop of blood wicked into a bottle of solution that is then sent back. I hope I can get enough blood out of one finger to fill all 5 circles! I don't think I will pass out from loss of blood or anything, but it does seem excessive.

Well, I will get to that when I am a bit more awake.

The grocery list is already growing again, which is no surprise, but nothing has gone critical.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-nice photo. Mango sangria sounds good. No,I didn't find a rug yet, but did get a start on my Christmas shopping.
    Ed-were you able to fill all the circles?
    Hi Irene and Jan.
    It is raining right now. I hope it stops soon. We bought tickets to the DeCordova sculpture Park.
    Have a great day! :)