Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning all.
    It's been raining here since last night, a nice steady, sort of heavy rain. We're under a tropical storm warning and flash flood watch. The wind hasn't been outrageous at this point. Lots of rain. It's currently 68 with a high of 83 expected.
    Irene, sounds like the puppy is doing well. Fun.
    Ed, glad your power outage didn't last too long. I think it'll be better when they get all that underground. Hope you get a chance to refill Lilo's med.
    No special plans for today.
    Have a good Tuesday, everyone. Stay healthy.

• eku0
    imageproxy.jpg
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! A bit cooler today, with a chance of afternoon storms. That seems to be pretty normal for this time of year, this year. I don't think we are actually caught up on rainfall yet, but at least it hasn't been as dry as I remember a lot of last year being. Knock on wood...

I made an early morning run to Kroger and my bank balance is now down by $150. but I got a lot of things I needed and stocked up on a few things that were on sale, or finally IN STOCK. Thank goodness the major paper product hoarding and such seems to be over, for now anyway. I didn't need any paper products, but did need eggs, some canned beans, legume based pasta, high fiber, low carb bread, and disposable razors for sensitive skin, along with various other grocery items.

After I finished putting all that away, and washing my hands again, I started on my breakfast, and heard the lawn crew arrive and start working. They were about finished by the time I had cooked and eaten my breakfast, and gone by the time I got to sit down at my computer. I think I heard the garbage truck just a moment ago, so can probably bring that bin up in a few minutes. The recycle pickup is usually in the afternoon, around 2:00 or 3:00.

Our "taco Tuesday" supper last night, as usual, wasn't tacos at all, but one of Eduardo's versions of huevos rancheros. It was a pretty easy supper.

One jazzed up small package of vegetarian yellow rice (most brands aren't) that Eduardo made extra spicy, and one jazzed up can of vegetarian refried beans made two plates with the beans and rice side by side, each with a light sprinkle of shredded cheese. Then two fried eggs topped each plate, J's over broken, hard, and mine sunny side up. A jar of hot salsa on the side completed the meal nicely.

Other than the grocery run, and a hoped for nap this afternoon, not a lot of necessary stuff on the agenda. I didn't seem to have a nap in me yesterday, though I did try.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Ed, your meals always sound yummy. I made a banana bread a couple of days ago, so I've been having some of that, and then trying to cut down on regular food to make up for it...it's not working...my scale is screaming at me! I will do better today, get back on track.
    Our recylcling pickup is Wednesday , trash on Friday. They're usually both here early a.m.
    Nothing on my agenda for today. May try to make some additional masks. Hubby lost one of his.
    The sun is shining today, probably the only sunny day for a while, with a high of 84 expected.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! The temperature may creep up a degree or two today, but less chance of rain.

Yesterday ended up having a bit more business to take care of than I had reckoned. I realized I had a coupon for $10 off on any purchase over $40 at PetSmart, but the coupon would expire August 5th, and yesterday was August 5th.

I hadn't really NEEDED to make my monthly run to PetSmart yet, but didn't want to lose that $10 off, so I headed out and stocked up on cat foods and kitty litter, spending $99 to save $10, but that takes care of their food and hygienic needs until next month, except for one bag of kibble that I need to order on Amazon at some point this month.

I did get my nap, albeit a short one. I might do some laundry today. Might not. LOL.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Totally overcast this morning with rain expected all day into tomorrow, high of 81.
    Always good to stock up, Ed.
    Made some masks yesterday, but ran out of elastic, so need to get some to finish.
    No special plans for today...routine...will exercise, do some reading, maybe find something new to do!
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!
    Here it is almost 1 pm, and I have fed birds, squirrels, dog and me!! Emptied my trash and pulled and cut some weeds. My daughter called and we talked about half an hour. She is ready to teach, but thinking it may be a 3 ring circus with freak show attached. Being Al. is about 30 years behind most of the country, they have stepped up, thankfully. As anywhere, so many areas are having different experiences. There are 30 subs for the district, but if teachers get sick, and isolate for 14 days, and exposed people do too, it may be if too many cases pop up, school may have to close and switched back to online. That is her county anyway. To me it seems inevitable, but who knows. She is positive in her thinking. Last year was so hard to not finish out with her class. They just miss a vital lifeline when not at school. Especially this school. They do not get the perks of the schools in the bigger city limits.Some of the parents have never traveled outside of their county in their entire life. The kids need to know of the world and opportunities there are. It is frustrating. They are good kids, mostly, with a few psychopaths thrown in.. :#

Glad everyone is safe from the storm. It is hot here again. In the mid to upper 90's with a heat index of 100 to 105. No rain. Quite a storm traveling up the coast for it's little bitty beginning. They just might run out of storm names this year!

Irene, glad you and puppy are doing well. Just remember, that bladder will grow too. Those dogs are strong minded so I am sure it takes a little bit longer, too. I love puppies!!

Ed, I wanted spareribs the other day. Baby backs were $26.00 a pack and the St. Louis ribs were 46 to 52 dollars a pack. That store often has the cheapest. I bought country ribs instead and had 8 nice pieces for only about $4.99. a pack. I just don't get that. Are there less butchers still so just making larger packs? Makes no sense one cut is so cheap, and the others aren't. Same darn poor pig!! Your dinner sounded indeed scrumptious!

Vix, I guess I never wrote down Val's B-day. I wrote her a bit ago. They were doing fine. She is losing very well! Up to 60 some lbs. so far, I think. She is eating a 600 calorie type diet to do it. And here I am trying recipes and having things I remember from when I was a kid. Hardly holding my own!! It is such an everyday struggle!! I am reading a lot, too! Yep, people are strange. This really should make no one think it's a constitutional issue. Just be kind, sacrifice and little and lets get done with it so we can sorta move on. We won't be together and it will be here next year at this rate, lol...(She says trying to be factious!!).

Hi Jo!! It was good to hear from you!! Everyone take care and mind the heat!! <3B)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! The humidity is at 97% as it's just a hair warmer than the dewpoint. It's supposed to get near 90 today with 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms around noon and the early afternoon.

Breakfast was sausage patties with a French toast cheese sandwich.

Not a lot on the agenda today if I have anything to do with it.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jan, tell Val congrats on the weight loss. I have to cut down to next to nothing to lose too...I haven't been that successful. Best of luck to your daughter and all the teachers. They still haven't decided what they're doing in my county.
    Ed, it's nice out here now, high expected of 81 and t-storms later. My breakfast was buckwheat with blueberries.
    Have a good Friday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's sticky and cool at the moment, thanks to last night's downpour, along with lightning, thunder, and all that. But no power problems. It should be back up to normal(ish) summer heat this afternoon.

I have nowhere I have to be today other than HOME, waiting for my wine delivery. After that, I suppose I could go somewhere if I wanted, but where would I go? LOL

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Totally overcast this morning. I left some masks drying on my deck last night, totally soaked this a.m. after the rain all night.
    Went for a walk early while it's still cool, high of 84 expected today. My daughter and grandson stopped by for a few minutes. That was nice.
    Will water my houseplants, maybe some cleaning, basically another day of whatever.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    My car is all fixed. I dropped it off on Monday morning and picked it up on Tues. afternoon.
    Happy birthday, Val and congratulations on your weight loss.
    The schools in Ma. are still in talks as to when or if they will open.
    My niece is supposed to be starting her first teaching job this year.
    We didn't get much rain from the storm and did not lose power.
    Vix-I have tried cloth masks, but I feel like I am smothering. I have been using surgical masks.
    Since I have to wear one for 8 hours while at work I am use to them now. I don't go anywhere without one.
    I got a call yesterday and my new counter top is ready. I have to call them on Monday to set up a time for the instillation.
    Have a good evening.. :)

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! Warm and sticky out there again, and there is a significant chance of thundershowers in the afternoon.

I have the dishwasher running now and probably will have the clothes washer (and dryer) running later.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Mostly sunny here too, high of 87 expected. I didn't get around to cleaning yesterday, so maybe I'll do that today.
    Glad your car is fixed, Jo. Maryland has let each county decide what to do with schools. Most are starting with virtual learning and will reevaluate periodically to see if the students can come back to school. Best wishes to your niece. I don't go out much so don't have to wear the masks for very long. Haven't had a problem with the cloth masks. Mine are shaped to leave some air space between the nose and mouth, so there is room to breathe. But whatever works for you is great. I wish everyone would get the message to wear the masks so that we could get a handle on the virus. Yay on your countertops being ready...that's exciting!
    Have a good Sunday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Warm and a bit sticky out there now, with a high near 90 expected and the usual chance of afternoon thunder showers. I have given Lilo her Monday morning fluid treatment, and eaten breakfast.

For dinner last night we started with breaded Camembert that came with lingonberry sauce (bought frozen at Lidl) and then ate the pasta bake I made using chickpea rotini, a jar of marinara sauce, and some Mozzarella cheese, topped with a final generous sprinkle of Parmesan Romano blend. It all baked up to beautiful tasty dinner.

Then, just before bed, a small, individual cup each, of blueberry crumble, the filling sweetened with Swerve, the crumble topping sweetened with Splenda brown sugar blend. One small scoop of vanilla ice cream to top that off.

The little drainage creek going down the south side of our yard belongs to the neighbor behind the fence. There was a big line of scrubby, grubby, weedy growth with briars on "our" side, on the strip of land that he owns.

Most people, seeing it, would have assumed that ugly mess belonged to us. But today I wandered out into the yard and discovered him cleaning all of that up! He was nearly finished when I discovered him.

His clean-up makes our yard look much nicer on that side, and I was very glad to see it. I went back as he was finishing up and gave him a bottle of Chardonnay to stick in the refrigerator and enjoy later.

9u1ti0pmlzoc.png

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Mostly sunny here, high of 90 expected. Just back from a walk, while it's still almost cool enough.
    My cleaner got in touch with me yesterday, and she will be here tomorrow, so I got lazy and decided to leave the cleaning to her. Besides which, I'm just feeling exhausted lately, even though I'm not doing anything. Will fix myself an apple and some blueberries for breakfast, maybe that will perk me up.
  • parityanimal
    Today's wine delivery not only tops off my wine storage, but also has some bottles that promise to be very nice, with a good variety of varietals. 🙂

b8eko209184d.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It's the usual warm and sticky out there, with an expected high of 90 and minimal chance of rain. I did actually get a nap in yesterday, as the wine was all delivered, checked off against the order, and put away. One bottle was a year newer than expected (2019 instead of 2018) and two bottles of Merlot were substituted with bottles of the same varietal, Merlot, but Estate Reserve (the better stuff) from another Vintner all the way across the country (Washington state rather than New York state), and a year older (2015 instead of 2016) so they have had an extra year to mature and develop more complexity, and the substitutions were from a very well regarded winery.

I need to get out this morning as Lilo's medicine is finally ready for me to pick up. And it should come as no surprise to anyone that there is a dryer full of laundry from yesterday that needs to be folded and put away.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    It was foggy this morning, but clearing up to partly cloudy with a high of 92 expected.
    Ed, I really like the wines from Washington state. I first tried them when we went to Seattle a few of years ago. We went to a couple of wineries while there. I think they may even be better than a lot of the California wineries. So, enjoy.
    Getting my house cleaned today...yay!