Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Joanne3366 wrote: »

Look what Sophie brought me today.

How sweet! You know you are supposed to eat it now... :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It was a bit sticky out, but the breeze was nice and the temperature decent.

Today will be the first day I need to "replace" a sugary drink (that I never drink anyway) with water, so I must remember to ponder Mountain Dew, and then decide that water would be better.

I need to fold the laundry in the dryer. Maybe...

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, Jo we did get a paw print we picked up Annie on Friday so she is home now. Today it has been 3 weeks seems so much longer. George and I have increased our walk in the morning we do about a 2 hour walk. We are looking into getting another German short hair puppy . I have contacted a breeder so it shouldn't be too long before we have a little pup.Jo glad your son can work from home . Jo what is that ? take care everyone
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning all.
    Ed, pizza sounds yummy. Funny replacing a sugary drink thought. ;) Always hard to lose electricity....we are all so spoiled by modern conveniences.
    Jo, thanks. I hope you got your rain. Good that you skyped with your son. 3 weeks at 80% is not too bad, it's great that he can work from home. Britain is not in good shape either, although we are worse here. Is that a mole? (can't see his paws or nose to tell) We used to have them in our yard when we lived in NJ..our 2 cats and dog used to love to chase them into their holes. One time I found the 3 of them lined up with their front paws sticking into the mole holes.
    Irene, nice that you are taking long walks in the a.m. A new puppy sounds like fun.
    My daughter's MIL went into the hospital last night, but is in a regular unit, not intensive care, she was having a little difficulty breathing. Her husband's test also came back positive, he is at home. My daughter and her husband will try to get their results today and let us know. Fingers crossed.
    It's another hot one here. Sunny with a high of 89 expected. No rain expected until possibly Wednesday, so we may have to do some watering too.
    Have a good day. Stay safe, everyone.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!
    Time just passes before I know it. I had a lot of reading to catch up on here! I do not know where the time goes as I seem to not be too busy and certainly not motivated.

Vix, I am sorry to hear about your daughter's MIL. Hopefully her breathing will remain strong and she will not have further problems. I hope her husband will be fine too. You all are the first persons I know that have had it affect you all. I keep waiting for problems from church, but so far everyone has been fine. Glad the rest of you are negative. It must be nerve wracking however. I think eventually everyone will go thru this. Just very weird. Irene, a new puppy sounds great! I wish dogs could stay puppies longer than they do!! Jo, glad your son is getting back to work. Just amazing how different, ( and disruptive!) things are. Who would have thought...I am thankful May May does not bring much in the way of surprises. She has caught a few critters when younger, but thank goodness, she is a little slower!! i am not much on cleaning up remains!! Ed, I wish I had a sensitive palate to really appreciate wines! I pretty much just like something sweet! I am finishing up a bottle of a nice, but VERY generic moscato in my frige I use for communion on Sunday via video. :D I am contemplating going back to church, as no one seems affected, but we will see...

It is hot, in the high 80's to 90 and the humidity and dew points are just miserable. I had one cup of coffee outside and just had to come in. I may get sick from West Nile before Covid. The mosquitoes will bite even with Off sprayed on!! How I managed to retire in bug central, I will never know!! Inside is quite comfy, and before you know it, I am watching movies and saying I can do my work tomorrow!! :)

Take care all!! Stay safe!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! A bit sticky out there again but that's normal for this time of year. I got my walk in, breakfast eaten, dishwasher loaded and running, and that laundry in the dryer is still waiting patiently to be folded and put away. It's just towels and such so no real hurry.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Thanks, Jan. She's getting oxygen in the hospital. Hopefully she'll be well enough in a few days to be able to go home. We are supposed to get our test results today. I'm going to continue to be extra careful. It's too scary to take a chance. (Cases are rising quickly in Miss.) Even though cases are going down here....it's still out there.
    I've missed you....glad you're doing ok and staying healthy.
    Have a good day, everyone. Take care and stay safe.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, just got back from another long walk we went earlier because it was less traffic. Vix sorry to hear your daughters mil is sick sending prayers. Jan more people are coming to church of course we still wear mask and we keep our distance it does feel good to be going. take care everyone.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Morning!!
    I have to stop being so lazy...I get where I do not want to do my chores and will get to watching T.V. too much. A friend has some blueberries I will stop for. Neither of us go out much so hopefully it will be safe. It is so weird. The nurses I know are so far, thankfully, fine. And someone will get it who may just not be out much. Alabama is still on the rise, Montgomery is a hot spot and they must wear masks now if out. A few counties are doing that. Mobile and Birmingham trade places as not too many numbers separate them all. Hopefully all of your tests will come back negative.

I am worried about my friend. Both her and husband do not go out much at all. They see a few people from a distance, but not hardly anyone. Someone in her husbands family has gotten the bright idea to come down to their house to visit the old homestead. It is a magical place that is over 100 years old, and has been a mill, farm, ranch..you name it. I get that and the desire. So he is bringing like 25-30 people with him. My friend is too sweet to say no, as is her husband. I just cannot believe anyone would do that. With all this going on.... :(

I love my new dishwasher. I have not had problems with it not drying so far. And my dishes sure are clean. It took me a while to figure out how to open it though!! :D

Stay well and safe!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Today's wine delivery.

I do have room for one more crate plus one bottle, but unless my wine club has another really crazy sale I think I am pretty well stocked now, having bought three big crates over the past two months or so.

1oco6wvxq99x.png
  • IreneMurman
    hi all, well its been like a year and a half going to the dr for a physical nothing wrong just feel it is time
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! A bit sticky out, and they are calling for rain later. I may try to get out in a bit and pick a few blueberries.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    yay, tests were all negative, though we did go too early. Still it's a good sign. My daughter's MIL and FIL are both ill with the virus. So far, her FIL hasn't had to go to the hospital. So, that's good.
    Thanks, Irene. They both work at a church in Baltimore, so I hope it's not spreading there. I know you are being careful.
    Jan, it's easy to get lazy! Maybe your friend can wear a mask and keep her distance from all the people....that is really inconsiderate. I would definitely say no right now. Glad your new dishwasher is working well.
    Hi Jo, hope all is well.
    Ed, that's a great collection. Good to be stocked up!
    We ordered delivery from Safeway last night. It got messed up...we didn't get the salad, and fish we ordered, and we got 2 gallons of milk and some other juice type things that we didn't order and don't use. Hubby got on the phone this a.m. and straightened it out. We'll get reimbursed for the things we didn't get, though they don't want the other things back. Will see if we can give them away.
    Have a good day, everyone. Stay safe.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. Heading out to the Asian/Latino farmer's market. Wish me luck!

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Wow! That sounds great, Ed! Fresh food and wonderful spices! Have fun.
    Hot and sunny here....high of 90 expected today, and 90s for the next week and a half. Too hot for me.
    Jan, I hope you are safe from the flooding.
    Wishing everyone a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.
  • parityanimal
    Well, I made it to and from the market and, being early on a weekday, it wasn't crowded at all. I haven't been in MONTHS because it used to always be a madhouse in there, packed with people, long lines, and impossible to social distance. Most people were wearing masks, though a few vendors and staff doing heavy work had their noses out.

I could understand that, as I don't wear a mask at all when doing my exercise walk, but just stay away from any people I encounter.

I got what I needed and got out and on the way home. I am glad it wasn't as busy as I feared, as I didn't like staying away so long. I went because there are a few things that I seem to ONLY be able to get there, and one of those items had reached the critical point, as in maybe ONE use left in the last container. I bought two, so they should last a while as we only use a tablespoon or two at a time.

Produce prices seemed to be especially high, so I didn't buy much along there.

Maybe I will actually fold those items in the dryer. Or maybe they will stay there until I actually need to dry some more clothes! LOL.
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Good that you got things done early, Ed. In and our of busy places seems to be the way to go.
    Sunny with a high of 95 expected today....looks like the whole east coast is in for similar weather. I'm not a summer person. It's nice to go out on the deck or patio in the morning when it's cooler.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Warm and a bit sticky out there when I was walking, but it's nice here in front of the fan now with my hot tea. Breakfast is done, the clean dishes put away from the dishwasher, and the breakfast dishes are in there waiting for enough friends to make it worthwhile to run the next load.

Today. Today I will fold the things in the dryer.

• IreneMurman
    good morning, going to be a hot one today going out now to mow the yawn ,we just got back from our 2 hour walk so take care
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! Happy Fourth of July! I think I may have heard some distant fireworks last night, but I had a fan blowing for white noise. I expect there will be more neighborhood fireworks tonight.

The cats graciously let me sleep in until almost 6:30 and I decided to take the day off from walking. My Fitbit thinks I have my 5 days of exercise for the week and I am not about to disillusion it and tell it that the swimming it thinks I did was actually picking blueberries. Picking blueberries IS very mild exercise, but not on par with swimming.

I had savory French toasted grilled cheese for breakfast, with sausage links. That was quite tasty.

Later I need to get the potato salad and deviled eggs made, and the broccoli casserole. The barbecue for me is heat and eat burnt ends and pieces in sauce, but I also need to dry fry or bake some tofu to get a bit of a crust on it and make some of my not quite face meltingly hot barbecue sauce so J can have barbecued tofu.

I think there is a can of corn in the cabinet too. J likes that on holidays. Just corn, nothing fancy at all done with it, and OFF the cob, and canned corn is actually the preference, though frozen will do in a pinch. I will also make a small dish of vegetarian baked beans.

And I have a small pan of grilled vegetables I can heat up and a small dish of zesty au gratin potatoes to heat up. That will have plenty of vegetarian options, several with a high protein component, so J can pick and choose. I expect a small sampling of everything vegetarian will be the end plate there.

While we are eating, I can have my cherry blueberry crumble baking in the oven and we can each have a small serving, with ice cream, for a red, white, and blue dessert.

And I might actually really fold and put away the laundry in the dryer.