Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Oh, Irene..I am so sorry to read about Annie. She was well loved and she knew it. You took such good care of her and I think she was still happy till the end with her walks, though shortened and your love. <3
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful wet Wednesday! I didn't walk this morning, though it's possible I could have without being rained on. I might have ended up about as wet even without the rain, as the humidity was 100% with fog, and not all that cool, so I am sure that the moisture would have worked its way into my clothes one way or another. Yesterday was not quite as oppressive, and I had a good long walk then, so taking the day off from walking.

Our road, which had been beautifully repaved shortly before the drainage work, has a large patched area now at the creek. And some of the sidewalk is not exactly the same shade of concrete as the rest. I understand things like that have to be done, but I was really enjoying the pristine new road and, though I didn't actually WANT a sidewalk. nice pristine looking sidewalk that had been installed.

If they had designed the sidewalk project properly at the start, the drainage would have been done before the sidewalk, and before the road was re-paved. But government inefficiency seems to mean we can't have nice things, or at least not for long. Truthfully, it will still look much better than it did a year ago, and I know I have to take what I can get in this life.

The last thing the construction crew did yesterday was place several pallets of sod on the sidewalk, presumably to re-sod our yard and other areas they tore up with the construction. Sodden sod at the moment, with last night's rain, and there is more rain in the forecast for today.

I don't know if they will be laying sod today or not. When they have done it, I will be glad to see a real lawn there again, at last!

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning all.
    75 and cloudy at the moment, with a high expected of 91 and a slight chance of rain.
    Better regulations would make for better construction. But those seem to be out the window at the moment.
    Part of what I liked about this neighborhood that we moved into 6 years ago is that it has sidewalks. I never really liked walking in the road in my old neighborhood. But for some crazy reason the little kids still play in the street. I drive very slowly here. Hopefully they'll get your sidewalks and sod fixed up soon, Ed.
    Jan, hope you didn't get too much rain.
    It'll be a little cooler tomorrow (85 and rainy).
    Will see what today brings.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    We have our lawn back! Just in time for this afternoon's rain.

96md17f12qeu.png
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    How nice that they put sod down, Ed. We would never get that around here. The sidewalks look nice too.
    We had t-storms last night and rain into this morning. High of 85 expected today with some clearing.
    These are interesting times.
    Will see what today brings. Have a good one, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! The weather was much more pleasant this morning, with cooler temperatures, a nice, light breeze, and lower humidity. I was out the door shortly after getting up, and after a walk of about 4 1/2 miles, came home to the coffee maker just finishing my pot of tea, as I had programmed it to be ready about when I thought I would be home from the walk.

I poured a cup of tea and decided I had earned a rare treat for breakfast, and made sausage gravy and baked a couple of biscuits. It was a delicious treat. I remember the short lived NS sausage gravy and biscuit (both dry mixes, and vegetarian) that quickly became one of my favorite breakfasts, and my major disappointment when it was discontinued after a short run.

It seemed sometimes like they were deliberately picking my favorites to discontinue. I almost cried when they stopped selling the freeze dried beef burger patty for lunch. It was so easy, and so tasty. Ready after soaking in boiling water for just two minutes.

Ah well, I've long since gone on my own as the program got a little too expensive for me after retirement, and they kept taking away my favorites.

I remember the little packets of pancake mix too, and how diverse they could be made. I used to make snickerdoodle cookies out of them. Oh well, enough reminiscing about discontinued foods from the past...

Maybe some laundry and housework to get started on in a bit.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    The orange barrels are gone. The last weird things sticking up from the lawn are gone. The pallets of sod and piles of rock are gone.

I think the construction noise is over and I believe the project is completed!

We and the next door neighbor have our yards back and, presumably properly sodded.

From the north.

p2oah0trk102.png

From the south.

mvk2vmft7kq3.png

Across the north strip and the nearest neighbor's lawn.

nn2saj6t6qp9.png
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Another very pleasant morning for a walk, which has been accomplished. I crossed paths with a woman I have seen walking before, right near the walkway past the lake, and was able to enlighten her to the existence of the lake. She planned to take that path then on her way back.

To be fair, there are no signs pointing out that there is a lake there, and it is a small lake, but the concrete path and wooden footbridge over one arm of it make a lovely walk. I lived here for over 9 years before I knew there was a lake there, and I only discovered it this Spring when I finally wondered where that path went and decided to go and see.

Not a lot on the agenda today. I am just pleased as punch that the construction work seems to be all done and won't be keeping me from naps or waking J up early.

I did email the county people in charge, with a CC to the city mayor, thanking them for taking care of that dangerous ditch.

And my blueberry harvest for this year has started. Last year I froze several gallons of them! Some of these are the Pink Lemonade variety, that I guess technnically are not BLUEberries.

6ixmwd1k1zyd.png

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Ed, nice looking street. It's nice to have a lake to walk by. Your blueberries look good. I have blueberries almost every morning (I buy frozen, so they usually available).
    I feel kind of exhausted today, didn't sleep well, so will probably just take it slow.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying sunny Saturday! Another lovely morning far a walk, which did happen earlier. And I got a nice nap in yesterday. It's wonderful having all the construction finally finished, after over a year of work. I don't remember how many times they had to re-mark the electric, cable, telephone, and water, and even with them mapped they still, over the course of the year, cut our cable 4 times. But at least it's all done now.

I do have some laundry to fold, and a nap to take today.

• eku0
    Hi all.
    It's a beautiful sunny day here. Had breakfast and coffee on the deck, cleaned the bathrooms, took my car for a ride, did a shortened exercise session, and a load of laundry. I think I will go outside and read for a while.
    My grandson is going to stay with us tonight, which will be fun.
    In the meanwhile, I'm going to rest up this afternoon and enjoy some of this beautiful weather.
    Sunny with a high of 76. Perfect.
    Enjoy your day.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!
    The last few days have been so busy. I had a carpet delivered. It came a day early with an hours warning, so I was able to do a little cleanup before hand. Then I had to get food for the next day. Unlike last time, the meat was plentiful and cheaper again at my little Piggly Wiggly. the hamburger was back down to 3.99 a lb. Maybe not the cheapest, but better than last time at 6.99 a lb. and more! Chicken here was dirt cheap, even the wings. Thank goodness for Alabama chicken farmers I guess! I could not resist, and bought some nice Boston Butts ..good size and under 10 dollars total. Every week is a surprise.
    Finally a week of sun!! I have mushrooms growing, and the weeds are ginormous, lol.. I had several days of 4-6 inches of rain. A total easily of 15 inches for June at place already!! Glad for the sun!!
    Ed, your yard looks great!! Still pretty good for government work!! I know the noise level dropping is a cause for celebration!!
    Vix, so glad you get to see your Grandson! Resting sounds nice after the work!!
    My son came yesterday and put in some new smoke alarms, fixed my lawnmower, checked the spot for my dishwasher if it comes so it will be ready, and put together a bookcase for me! Gosh I wish he would come more often, lol...!! Poor May was so excited to see a male, and so distraught at the changes and things that got moved and thrown out, that she is exhausted today. Bless her, she was so stressed for a bit, with the carpet coming first, lol... :D
    Hi Irene, hope getting back to the church will just be a first step, though we are in for a long haul yet..Jo, hoping you have had some days to rest and also to get in some walks!!
    Take care everyone!! Be safe!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It was another beautiful morning for a walk, and I enjoyed the scenery and fresh air. The exercise part, not so much. These old knees and hips get achey but so far it hasn't stopped me.

Never did fold that laundry yesterday. Maybe today.

• eku0
    Hi all.
    Jan, sounds like you got some good bargains. So nice of your son to visit and get things in order for you.
    Good that you got out for your walk,Ed.
    Our grandson was with us last night...I'm exhausted, but it was so much fun! It's very quiet here without him. I did a little exercise yesterday, but I'm still not feeling quite right. May take another day off today, or just do a little.
    It's mostly cloudy here, with a high of 73 today.
    Happy Sunday, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Irene-I am so sorry to hear about Annie. Hugs!
    Ed-Your lawn and sidewalks look good.
    Jan-Poor May, all that confusion. It was nice of your son to come and fix things for you.
    Vix-glad you enjoyed your time with your grandson.
    We have a new department manager at work. What a big difference from the last one, no more drama. So far he is a hard worker. It has been very busy, as he is changing things around and cleaning everything. I think work will be a lot more enjoyable now.
    I had my hair colored and cut and I feel like a new person. :)
    Yesterday my daughter and I went for a 4 mile hike. We had our masks with us, that we put on when we encountered other people, but most of the people we encountered didn't. I wish
    everyone would follow the rules.
    Today is a mammogram and working out in the yard. I can see weeds in my flower beds.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! It was a little on the humid side this morning but there was a nice breeze for my walk. We are supposed to have a good chance of rain this afternoon. We got a little yesterday, and I wouldn't mind a little more. It would be good for the new lawn.

Oh, and the port-a-potty for the construction workers was still there yesterday when I walked, but was gone this morning. I think that is probably the most definitive indication that they are finished.

Maybe today I will actually fold those towels and such. LOL.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Breezy walk sounds good, Ed, and a quieter neighborhood with the workers gone.
    Jo, glad you got a new manager...sounds much better. Nice that you got your hair done. I colored mine myself, but it is getting long. People are so inconsiderate not following the rules...I think they are denying the reality of how dangerous this virus is. Hope your mammo results are good. I know you keep busy with your house and garden...always working so hard.
    It's great that you and your daughter can be together. Your hikes and day trips all sound wonderful.
    It's mostly sunny here today, with a high of 76 expected. I took the day off exercise yesterday, but hope to get back to it today. I've been pretty achy. Will definitely find some time to be outdoors to enjoy this beautiful weather.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Another pleasant, cool morning for my walk. We got some rain again, yesterday. Not a lot on the agenda today.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Partly cloudy with a high of 77 today. Looks windy at the moment.
    Getting my house cleaned today. Yay!
    Have a good day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Another nice morning, but I took the day off from exercise walking. I did get out to Kroger for some shopping though. The lawn guys are here now, and from what I can see are being careful of the newly laid sod.

This afternoon I need to take Lilo in for a recheck on her kidney function, and urinalysis, as I think she has another UTI.