Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    I only had to work 1/2 day today. I got a sticker for my car, did a load of laundry, watered the house plants and am getting ready to go to the grocery store.
    Vix-thanks for the url, I will check it out. Ioved all the Harry Potter books.
    Ed-Yeah, for the ditch being gone.
    Irene-weeding is never done. I planted a bunch of flowers last weekend.
    Jan-I love lamb. Hubby and I were just talking about cooking the one we have in the freezer over the weekend.
    Have a great day!
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning, well i got my gardens in the front yard all done new plants and mulch it looks great. I picked George up a cauliflower pizza he loved it the crust was the cauliflower i will be getting that for him again it has a lot less calories . We are hoping today we can get the pool opened today it seems every time he was going to do it ,it was raining.take care and stay safe oh my girlfriend from Spokane Wa called they aren't wearing mask they only had a few cases none of the stores make you wear mask
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning all.
    Irene, good to know that the cauliflower pizzas are good...haven't tried one yet. Nice that you are getting your pool open, it's supposed to be hot in the coming week.
    Our numbers in MD are still high...masks protect everyone a little bit. Some places have fewer cases, so the masks are not needed. We here on the east coast have been hit hard. I've read that the European strain(mostly on the East coast) may be more deadly than the Chinese strain(mostly on the West coast). It'll be nice when this eases up a bit.
    Jo, nice that you had a half day off. I did laundry and cleaned bathrooms yesterday. What kind of sticker did you get for your car? I water my plants on Saturdays. Now all I have to do is remember what day it is!
    Right now, our clematis, irises and morning glories are looking gorgeous. The rhododendren is starting to fade. We have purple irises and yellow irises. This year we have a beautiful magenta colored morning glory out front.
    Hi Ed and Jan.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! I had my walk, and a light breakfast. It's about time to feed the cats. A little light housework and laundry today on the agenda. And a nap if I can manage that.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Looks like the weather will be perfect today. Sunny with an expected high of 70. Going to color up my hair, take my car for a ride, spend some time outside. I'm enjoying our deck and patio. Had dinner on our new outdoor table last night. It was nice. We have a new pet bee...he's very friendly, likes to hover over the table.
    Happy Sunday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It's a lovely morning. I walked about 4 miles, and included the lake in my walk because it's serene and quiet on Sunday mornings. The other days, the construction on a building near the path takes away from some of the serenity.

Not a lot on the agenda today but I really should sweep a few floors at least.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,well the pool is open even Annie's pool is open the pup is in heaven she needed to go at 4am and here she is paws in her pool of course before I can go back to bed I needed to dry her off oh well at least I got an another to sleep. No plans for today too cold to go in the pool but at least it's ready for when it gets warmer outside take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-I got an inspection sticker for my car. :)
    My clematis has a lot of buds and the day-lilies are starting to get buds.
    Irene-I hope it warms up so you can use your pool soon.
    We had a turkey visit us on Sat. evening and Sun. morning. I think we may have a bunny living under it. My yard is all fenced in, so the critters have to jump the fence to get in, or in the bunnies case, dig under the fence.
    We went on a 4 mile hike yesterday. There were a lot of people out. Most had masks, but a few didn't. We had our around our neck and used them when we encountered people.
    I made an appointment to have my hair cut and colored on June 11. I will have to wear a mask, have my temperature taken and use contactless payment. I think this will be the new norm.
    I don't mind, better to be safe.
    Have a great day!

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Another beautiful day here today, mostly sunny with an expected high of 72...perfect.
    Irene, supposed to be hot on Wednesday if you're waiting for your pool.
    Ed and Jo...good for both of you with those 4 mile walks!
    I've been using my elliptical, it's easier on my hips.
    Our clematis are beautiful this year and the rose bushes are full of buds...the mild winter was good for them. We don't get many critters in our yard other than birds and a few chipmunks, an occasional squirrel, haven't seen the bunnies yet this year. Rarely a fox or a deer. We've been dining on our deck with the nice weather. It's so good to have a table out there.
    I colored my own hair yesterday...I used to do it all the time. It's a little bit darker, but I'm pretty sure it will fade. All the stores/salons/etc around here are taking precautions, but I'm going to hold off for a while. I think I'll stick with outdoor activities except for essentials until the numbers come down a little more.
    Fading into another week. I am totally losing track of time!
    Happy 1st day of June. Summer is here.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. I wanted to walk this morning, as it is a beautiful day, but I may decide that my $200+ trip to Kroger, and the susequent traipsing back and forth to bring in the groceries and put them away, is enough exercise for today. Some of the groceries were reasonably heavy.

I got everything I needed for at least a couple of weeks, and a month or more on some items, so I guess I earned my "hazardous pay" today. Everyone I saw at the store was wearing a mask. Maybe people are starting to be more responsible about the health of those around them.

Not a lot else on the agenda today.

• IreneMurman
    good morning, things are opening here also .I got a message from my hairdresser she will start the week of the 22nd I am looking forward to getting my hair done. As far as animals we do have a lot of deer and squirrels in my area that's why i don't plant veggies my flowers they mostly leave alone. Today i plan on mowing the yawn tomorrow it is suppose to get hot so i better do it today .Jo and Ed great job in getting your steps in I mostly get on my treadmill and try and do 5 miles some days only make it to 2 miles need to get better. Jan our church is going to start having mass again I believe it will start on the week of the 8th it will be so nice to go back to church take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Warm out there, and supposed to be pretty nice today. I have given Lilo her Tuesday shot and I have walked. I will do some house and/or yard work later. And have a nap if it isn't too noisy outside.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Ed, it would be nice if people were becoming more responsible about the health and safety of those around them. I hope there are some positive outcomes from the current crises.
    Irene...that's good that you use the treadmill. I suppose you're also still going for your walks. How's Annie doing?
    Its cloudy today with some light showers expected in the a.m. and a high of 77. 90 expected tomorrow.
    It's primary day in MD. We sent in our mail in ballots early last week. So much easier.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    It will be Good Morning when you read this! :)

The last few days have been so busy. My first trip to Lowe's for a new dish washer was exhausting. Long wait in line, but most everyone had masks and were very caring. Unfortunately every DW I liked was the wrong size or not in white. I don't want to have mixed appliances till the rest die. My kitchen is also very small, so white coloring suits it. The line was long, so I gave upon asking anymore. So many people were waiting. I spent the week end on line tracking something. I did order it today at the store and hopefully it was in the distribution center. We will see. So at least a 7 to 14 day wait, maybe longer. I am thinking of picking up paper plates, lol..Again, everyone was very nice, respectful and kind. Thumbs up for the Lowe's here! :)

Glad every one is doing so well!!
    Our church met again, spaced and masked for the first time in 2 months. The nursery and classes did not meet. Families stayed together. The first picture I saw I was undecided with the arrangement, though proper. When I stayed home and watched the church service the spacing looked even better and I wished I had gone. My friend said there were like maybe 120 people or so. With those numbers I am glad I didn't go. Those numbers are just too high for me right now in total attendance with our numbers still pretty much going in an upward, though controlled rise.

I do love our church has no judgments whether you come or just watch. They just want you comfortable with your choice. They did survey us, so that was nice. I would answer a little differently with some time passed. I think the group just should not be too big at once. I guess most felt safe.

What a different world we are living in now. Who would have ever guessed?
    Stay safe all and enjoy our Blessings and that we treasure!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Jan our first mass will be on the 20th they do have daily masses but gotten to any.I do have a hair apt for the 23rd and i will be the 1st apti guess they are changing some things like i have to call when i get there and of course i will have to wear a mask which should be interesting since i will be getting highlights.no big plans today need to pick up Annie's meds and drop off some hand sanitizer at church .It is suppose to get in the 90s today so glad I mowed the yawn yesterday. Vix Annie seems to be good but this morning she didn't want to go for her walk which was different oh well maybe later on she will want to go . take care everyone
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jan, glad you finally found a dishwasher. I think it's nice that you can watch/attend your church service online. I wouldn't feel safe around a lot of people either.
    Irene, I know you are looking forward to getting back to your services and your hair appt. Glad Annie's doing ok. Supposed to go up to 90 here today too.
    Ed, good that you get your walk in early.
    No special plans for today, besides my routines will just see what the day brings. Happy Wednesday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It's supposed to get to 88 or so today, so I did my walk early, as usual, and did a little bit of yardwork too in a shady corner, before it could get too hot. As I was leaving for my walk, the lawn service arrived (at about quarter after seven!) to mow, weed, and blow. They like to come early too. Very sensible of them.

By then, it was time to feed the cats so I had another mug of tea and then fed them. I am on the last mug now, and will be starting with the PowerAde Zero shortly.

Not a lot else on the agenda today.

• parityanimal
    edited June 2020
    Well, in honor of National Donut Day, June 3, I blew the eating. I made fancy, chocolate donuts and, while they ARE small, still ate too many...It's all Eduardo's fault!

fj91z7cd17z4.png

In other breaking news, it is the 3d of June, the day Billy Joe McAllister jumped off the Talahachee Bridge.
  • Joanne3366
    xlj0cu734g56.jpeg
    Finally I figured out, with the help of my daughter, how to get a photo on here.
    This is my new sofa.
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Nice color Jo, and looks very comfy. :) Enjoy your new sofa!
    The donuts look totally yummy, Ed. Would be hard to resist!
    It's partly cloudy here, supposed to go up to 89 today with afternoon t-storms. We didn't get the rain yesterday, but it did get up over 90.
    My library is opening Monday for pickup....you have to schedule your pickup, and they will put the requested books in a paper bag with your name on it in the lobby. I had enough books at home to tide me over, but am looking forward to picking up 2 books I've requested.
    Have a good day, everyone.