Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! And it's *KITTEN* cold out there! I think a day off from walking would be a splendid idea. I have a bit of sunburn anyway from the accumulated walks and yesterday's somewhat late walk, with the sun coming down from nearer to straight above with less atmosphere to filter the UV.

But I DID find a new route that bypasses some construction constriction where they were tearing up the sidewalks. There is a breakdown lane I can walk in there but I am not really crazy about that idea, and it is going to turn into a turning lane eventually for the gas station they are building. So finding a way to bypass that and actually find a decent amount of shade along the way was good.

Not a lot on the agenda today. Maybe some light housework.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning all.
    Always good to find a new route, Ed. I should take my car for a ride today. Just realized I haven't taken it out since Wednesday. I've been exploring local roads I usually don't ride on.
    Mostly sunny with a high of 62 today...that's pretty nice. A bit windy and cloudy so far this a.m.
    71OdasD2S-L._AC_SY450_.jpg
    Wishing you all a good day.

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good Morning!
    I hope a good Mother's Day was had by all! I had a wonderful surprise as my son and oldest Granddaughter stopped by with a present. I was shocked but so happy! We hugged as I had a mask, and we all have been basically home for 2 months other than our trips for food with masks.They spoiled me bringing some food items I like and some chocolate cookies imported from Australia, of all places! It was so good to see them!! My daughter stopped by with some Thai food she had cooked for my supper! I guess you can see why I am not losing weight! Do you see a theme here? :D
    Beautiful sunny day. I spent time outdoors and also watched some good movies. I also went to small group to watch church online. There were 10 of us, and we had masks and kept our distance. That was my first time actually out so it was very weird. Once again as we are all older, we have only been at home the entire time except for a few grocery visits. Some of my group has had one younger family member shop and they have not left their home at all! I feel safe going one more week, then I guess I will look at the numbers as our state slowly opens up. I am not in a hurry to get out there, and will remain with my infrequent food trips. No large church or real outings for me for several months till I see things start to get better! :)
    Beautiful Mother's Day poster, Vix! Glad you can walk Ed, with some variety where you are. Sounds like a nice location!
    I also have poison ivy or am highly allergic to the Chinese privet bushes I have been taking out. I thought I was careful...and apparently not!!, lol...Benadryl central here and itchy in too many places, lol... :#
    Hi Irene and Jo!! Take care and stay safe all! !! <3
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Happy belated Mother's Day!
    Jan-I am sorry you have poison ivy. I am well aware of how that feels. How nice for you to see your family. I have been walking with my daughter almost every day. I am hoping that when things get better that in the fall I can go and visit my son in England. I skype with him and his wife all the time, but there is nothing like face to face and a big ole hug. :)
    Vix-getting out and exploring sounds good right about now. Other than going to work, grocery shopping and walking with my daughter, I have not left the house. I am having a hard time finding things to do around the house.
    Ed-glad you were able to find a new route and some shade.
    Hi Irene.
    I decided not to plant any flowers until Memorial day with the weather we have been having.
    I joined a 5 minute stair climbing challenge through my gym. I am on day 2 and my legs are
    a little sore.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! It's quite chilly right now, but the sun should warm things up quickly, and it should reach about 66 today. I will take a walk shortly. Right now I need to finish this mug of tea. Breakfast was leftover legume based rotini and meat sauce. I made a good bit for last night's dinner and baked some of it, layered with Mozzarella, for a hearty dinner. The one on the right had meat sauce and the one on the left had no meat, but a bit of extra cheese, for J's protein.

ni7wysjctjud.png

Almost finished with my tea, so I'll be heading out.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    I had a nice Mother's Day. My son and daughter-in-law came by, and my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson. The weather was beautiful, so we could stay outside on the patio and keep distance. It was so nice to see everyone together in person for the first time since the beginning of March.
    Jan, sounds like you had a great day, sorry about your poison ivy. Hope your itchies go away quickly.
    Jo, sounds like you are keeping busy and getting your exercise. 5 minutes of stair climbing is a lot! That can be rough on the legs! It's good that you have your daughter close. Hopefully the airlines will figure out something soon to make it safer to travel.
    Ed, almost everything you make looks like comfort food. Yum. I have been having a hard time sticking to my very restricted diet, and fall off almost daily. I'm going to try to get back to it. I do feel a little better when I'm more careful, although I don't get the same satisfaction from the food!
    It's partly cloudy and cooler today, only a high of 54 expected. I forgot to take my car for a ride yesterday, so I think I'll do that now.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    hi everyone, well we just had a storm here it was actually hailing here and it was raining really hard but now the sun is out it is almost 60 here.Jan sorry about the poison ivy hope you feel better soon. Not much is opened here in nj just food and home improvement sores I think as long as people follow 6ft and wear mask we should be fine. well take care everyone
  • IreneMurman
    good morning everyone, I had to take George to the emergency room last night he was having chest pains> He was there for about 5 hours but nothing showed up better to be safe . I sat in the car for a couple of hours and then I went home and waited until he was finish no one is allowed in the hospital .take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I have already walked and am typing with somewhat frigid fingers. Orion is keeping my lap warm.

I gave Lilo her shot while she was licking the paper plate I had my steak and eggs on, and she barely noticed.

Not a lot on the agenda today. I need to warm up my fingers enough to feed the cats. Maybe wrapping them around this mug of hot tea will help.

Irene, sorry to hear about George's chest pains. Did they go away or did he come home still hurting? I hope everything turns out all right.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Irene, sorry about George's chest pains...hope he's feeling better. Scary time to have an emergency.
    Ed, nice that you've already walked. I need to go to the basement and do my exercise.
    May do some online shopping today. I want to order some organic coffee, and maybe a few other things.
  • Buttons61
    Hello!!
    Irene, sorry George was having some problems. Very aggravating to not find a solution to his pain. Did he do this before or am I not `remembering correctly. Vix is right! Never a good time for the ER, and even less now!! I think you both were very brave and resourceful!! I hope he is better, too!!
    Very warm here today. Felt extra hot after our cooler days and nights.. Everything is screwy!!
    We are showing more cases still in our counties by me. It is out there, but us old and compromised people will just have to take care of ourselves. There does not seem to be a lot of resources. Though business is finding some for workers. Maybe nothing was available earlier. Who knows?
    Stay safe all!! <3 (Irene and George..take it easy!! Annie too!) :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, This is the first time for George ,he is better what ever it is when things calm down he will make apt with his dr but right now they really aren't seeing many people .We had frost warnings this morning thanks everyone take care and stay safe
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! A bit chilly now, but it should get nicely warm later. I will walk when I finisd this mug of tea, and have the rest on my return.

The next time I get to the grocery, maybe I will look for some ham...for sandwiches.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jan, sounds like you're doing ok. Hope you're enjoying the warm weather.
    Irene, glad George is feeling better. We've had some frost warnings the past week, but it's starting to warm up here.
    Ed, have a nice walk.
    It's sunny here this a.m. and supposed to go up to 67 today, doesn't look too windy...should be a nice day.
    Hope all is well, Jo and Val.
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Cloudy with a high of 71 expected today. Spring!
    I need to find something to do today where I can feel like I accomplished something. I haven't been doing much other than routine and chores.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I just got back from my walk and still warming up. Not a lot on the agenda today. We had fried rice for supper so that will be lunch too.

• Buttons61
    Good morning!!
    It is hot here! I have been lazy the last few days. I downloaded an app and had a picture tela-talk with my Dr. about my poison ivy. That was an experience! It is everywhere. She prescribed me an steroid and antibiotics. That was Tuesday. I picked up my meds at the pharmacy. I went to a small one close to me, not Walmart. That went pretty well. The next morning I actually had to go into the Dr. for a steroid shot. Just in and out, no sitting. And the questions to get in.
    Then I went shopping for about a weeks worth of groceries. That was about all I could handle of being out and donning my mask when needed. With my allergies and regular shortness of breathe I had a headache by the time I got home. I can not breathe with the mask on well. I was so glad to get home!!
    I do want to try to get out and get some flowers. Loews is the best, but I know they will be crowded. We will see..
    Glad everyone is doing well! Have a great day!! <3 Hi Jo!! :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, our weather here was warm yesterday i got my yawn mowed no plans for today. Jan I hope you get some relief soon . When I have to go out I go really early I know home depot opens at 6am not sure about Lowes. Take care everyone and stay safe
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! I may walk later, may not. We'll see. Just got back from sitting in the Vet's parking lot while they checked Lilo for a UTI and gave her a shot. After I feed the cats, I may take a walk but it might be about time for a day off anyway. I'll decide in a while.

I will need to get to the grocery soon, probably this weekend, by Monday at the latest. Nothing has gone critically low yet but you know how things creep in that direction!

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jan, I've done a telemed video call too...they're not bad. I have one with my rheumatologist next month. Your poison ivy sounds bad...good that you were able to get some meds and a shot for it. You can try making a mask with more nose room to make it easier to breathe. I've been using cotton fabric lined with flannel and a pattern that shapes around your nose, and they're not bad for breathing. I made the pattern larger for my husband, because he said the tighter one was hard to breathe in, and now he's fine.
    Irene, the grass seems to be growing faster this year! It was nice yesterday. I enjoyed being outside for a little while.
    Ed, good that you got Lilo taken care of! How are your sugar gliders doing? I'm still not sure I like the idea of them as pets.
    Cloudy here, supposed to go up to 84 today, possible t-storms this afternoon. Instant summer for a couple of days.
    We just got a new table and chairs for our deck, my husband is putting the table together. It looks nice.