Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    edited May 2020
    Good morning all.
    Ed, laughing is good exercise! "Laughter boosts the immune system.
    Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease. Laughter triggers the release of endorphins, the body's natural feel-good chemicals." Also good for your core and your lungs!
    Jo, you are always getting so much done! Sunshine vitamin D is good for your respiratory system. :) We still have restrictions here, but a lot of things were able to stay open, like restaurant pickup and delivery, and essential services, groceries, repair shops, etc. Our governor is watching and will bring things back gradually. Maryland mailed primary ballots to all registered voters that we can mail back in. I'm happy with that. I hope they can do the November election that way too.
    Nice that you're getting out and about, Irene.
    Jan, seems like you're getting a nice break from your obligations and enjoying gettting some things done around your home. Don't overdo. Hope your aches and pains get better. I took a nice hot soak in an epsom salt bath the other day. It seems to help a little.
    The sun is shining this morning, expected high of 66 and breezy today. Seems like a good day for a walk.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Another warm one predicted, with 60% chance of PM thunderstorms. I may be able to squeeze a walk in. We will see...

Otherwise nothing major on the agenda. I don't think that turkey will be thawed enough tonight. If it is, I might cook it tonight but it is more likely to make it to the table Wednesday night.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Cooler here today. Mostly cloudy with a high of 56. Not really May weather.
    I hope this all gets through to humans that we have to take care of mother earth!
    No special plans for today. I was supposed to have an appt with my dietitian. I haven't been able to stick to the diet strictly...some emotional eating going on. She'll notify me when she's back or to do something online.
    I have to avoid the news today...it's too much.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning, our weather here was pretty nice yesterday . I did mow the yawn so that's done for the week I also went to the acme a lot of things are out no paper towels or yeast was going to make some bread oh well i will try and get it next week .take care
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Irene, it was nice to see the sun yesterday. Good that you mowed your lawn. Seems like a lot of people are baking bread. It is a comforting thing to do.
    Taking my car in to fix the leak in the engine today.
    Weather is cool...cloudy with a high of 53 expected.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It's a lot cooler here today, with no chance of precipitaiton. I walked first thing, to enjoy the brisk air and avoid some of the sunlight. My fingers were a little stiff when I got back, but I started my tea right away and made breakfast and they warmed back up pretty quickly.

No big agenda today. Maybe a little light housework. And Eduardo is going to do something with that turkey breast roast today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Eduardo cooked the turkey breast today, smothered in onion soup mix. It came out very tender and moist, just the way I like it! I couldn't find the green peas that I think I have in the freezer, but they may be buried deeply in there. So I settled on just turkey and taters, with gravy.

Here's how it looked when I started it in a Crock Pot. The onions got tender and very darkly caramelized when it was done.

acdq726y3q2k.png

And here was my dinner plate. :) Yes, I like a lot of pepper on my food.

m1i5iqq7fve8.png

• IreneMurman
    good morning, wow Ed your dinner sure looked good. Vix good luck with your car. No plans for today. We had rain yesterday so I really didn't do much take care and stay safe every one
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I am going to try to hit senior hour at Kroget this morning for a few things.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    My car is fixed, it was a seal that was leaking...they cleaned it out and replaced the seal, all under warranty. That was good.
    Ed, your dinner does look delish!
    It's chilly at the moment, but sunny today with a high of 65 expected. That's nice! :)
    No special plans, need to do some weekly cleaning. Regular exercise, etc.
  • parityanimal
    I was really glad I went to Kroger. It wasn't very busy at all, and I was the first customer in the door, though followed shortly thereafter by several others. I found everything I wanted, and grabbed a couple of things I hadn't put on the list, though I did want them. I got reminded when seeing them. At least you can get beans and rice now, though the rice shelf didn't have a lot on it. I was out of Kroger and driving home at 7:26, 26 minutes after going in.

Later, on my walk, I took a mask in my jacket pocket, and went through Publix for just a few things. Particularly a dozen jumbo eggs, since I had really wanted to get two dozen at Kroger, but they had a limit of one. So at Publix I got eggs, and some shredded mild Cheddar, frozen peas, since I did a thorough search of the deep freeze after Kroger and still didn't find the package I thought I had in there. I may remember eating it ... maybe when I made that meatloaf last month.

And J was looking for chocolate last night so I also grabbed a family size bag of miniature Reese's cups, and a small bag of Hershey Miniatures, featuring Special Dark as part of the mix. J MAY get to eat a Special Dark or two... LOL. At least with bite size, portion control is easier. We can get just a little taste of chocolate without opening a big bar and then eating the whole thing.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! It is supposed to rain later, so I need to get on out there for my walk, as soon as I finish this mug of tea. I will want the rest when I get back, as it's a bit chilly out there!

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Another gray and gloomy day. High of 58 expected, possible rain later. Yesterday was beautiful and sunny. Our grandson loves being outdoors, so yesterday was perfect for him.
    I didn't sleep well last night, stayed in bed late for me this a.m. It's a new day.
    Glad you got all you needed, Ed.
    Hubby went out this morning to pick up a few things...he got me my cinnamon(which I had completely used up), and some flowers for Mothers' Day. They're very pretty.
    Have a good day, everyone. :smile:
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Ed-Your turkey looks so good. Did you put the soup mix on dry?
    Vix-Good that your car repair was under warranty.
    Irene-I have been looking for yeast for about 3 weeks now. Maybe the calorie gods are telling me I shouldn't make bread. :p
    Hi Jan-hope you are doing well.
    I am finally getting my new sofa delivered tomorrow. The delivery has been cancelled twice. I was very surprised when they called me.
    I had a phone visit with my dr. on Monday. Since I am still having number fingers, she wants me to have an EMG to test the nerves and muscles in the left arm and hand. Who knows when that will be scheduled.
    We are looking at cooler temps and rain and possible snow showers tomorrow. What crazy weather.
    Enjoy the rest of the day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Joanne3366 wrote: »

Ed-Your turkey looks so good. Did you put the soup mix on dry?

I mixed it with about a quarter cup of water and then carefully poured it on the turkey.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!
    Waiting for rain to come thru. My lawn man came. I thought he might say something about all the work I have done. Nope, lol. But we did talk at a safe distance, however I had to stop him at six feet, as he was still coming, It was good to talk with him. He was out and about said he had not seen much evidence of covid. ( I am thinking..no, you wouldn't. The sick people are in the hospital, lol...The very well are at home!!). He really does not see down the road he could pass it to me. He was just saying his immune system is strong and you have to get out and be a little exposed, more or less. At some point yes this is true. Those of us who have totally sheltered are usually the first susceptible during new waves, or new seasons like the fall. Luckily I guess I will just keep doing like I am, otherwise I can not see my daughter, as going out everywhere, even masked, would put her at risk with her asthma. Our next phase opens restaurants, hair dressers, churches, retail stores if they comply with distancing and other guidelines.I know things do have to open. People cannot lose their jobs and homes. So far it looks like once again a lot of rich owners got that money meant for small business. The next few weeks..very interesting!!
    This is all just incredibly crazy! :# I do not watch too much of it all.
    Vix, glad your repairs went so well. Ed, your turkey looked so good. Jo, My daughter gave me a yeast packet. You can not find it here either. May try the large size at Amazon since they already want 8 bucks for 3 little packets! Not the fifty dollar one though..I can make sour dough bread and save that money!! Irene, the weather is just crazy too!! :)
    Take care all!! Stay safe!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, I received my yeast from Amazon yesterday it is a large package I have enough yeast to last a long time. Our weather sure got cold it is like 32 outside we haven't gotten out side yet today. take care stay safe
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jo, congrats on getting a new sofa. What does it look like? Sorry your fingers are still numb.
    I guess they want to check for carpal tunnel or other nerve problems in your arm and neck. I had that done several years ago. Do you have wrist braces? There are inexpensive ones at Walmart that seem to help when my hands act up.
    Jan, good that you are protecting yourself and your family. People not distancing are putting others at risk. The Senate is making sure the rich, get their hands in the money. The House keeps trying to get it to the worker bees and the states, so they can take care of their workers. Larger businesses were able to get in on the small business loans before the small businesses got a chance. Remember all this when you go to vote. I'll be careful too until they get a good vaccine for this. It is all crazy, right from the top down.
    Irene, nice that you got some yeast. You too, Jan. Jo...there's always soda bread! I don't usually eat bread, so not even looking for yeast.
    Ed, good that you got some shopping done. I always keep some dark chocolate! Isn't that one of the basic food groups? :smirk:
    I have been doing some gluten free baking during the stay at home. Keep feeling that I need a treat!
    It's sunny here right now, and chilly (33) with a high of 49 expected, and windy! Not a May day, but I'm really happy the sun is shining!
    Have a good day.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's a good thing I have my computer and phone to remind me what day it is because they are all running together lately.

It's cold and sunny out, and should remain cool today. It was 41 when I got up (a bit later than usual) and is 43 now. I think I'll let it get a tad warmer before I walk. And I will enjoy my hot tea in the interval.

Maybe a little house work and laundry today.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    It was raining this morning, then we had snow flurries and now the sun is shinning and it is very windy.
    Vix-I have a wrist splint. I tried it the other night and my wrist started to ache. I don't need any new aches and pains, so I took it off. I will try and post a picture.
    Ed-next time I buy a turkey breast I am going to try the onion soup mix on it.
    Jan-I agree the next few weeks will be interesting. I don't feel we are ready to start opening
    businesses. The Boston Pops cancelled its 4th of July concert. Also all outdoor summer activities have been cancelled in Boston, ie car shows, concerts and festivals to name a few.
    Hi Irene.
    Have a good day! :)