Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning all.
    It was cloudy and a bit chilly all day yesterday, but today is partly cloudy...I see the sun already, yay!, with an expected high of 71. That'll be nice. :)
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 20% chance of precipitation with an expected high of only 64. It sounds like a lovely day. I will see how it looks at my usual walk time and may go for it.

Supplies of some items are dwindling, but nothing is yet critical enough to make me want to run to the store. Steak and eggs for breakfast, with a small bowl of cereal on the side for my carbs.

I didn't get a nap yesterday, but maybe today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning, just got back from shoprite can you believe no chicken! but i did get some ground turkey we really don't eat a lot of meat but with the nicer weather coming i thought i would grill some chicken not this week . Yesterday it was pretty nice here it looked like it was going to rain so i went and put some grass seed down well it never rained hope fully today or i am going to have to water the grass. take care everyone
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    We're getting your rain here, Irene. Raining with a high of 61 expected today. Meh.
    Ed, hubby bought a turkey breast a few days ago, so we're waiting for that to thaw. This seems like a good opportunity to vary our diets based on what's available. ;)
    It was nice here yesterday, partly cloudy, but enough sunshine to enjoy it, and high temperature of about 71. We got in a visit with our grandson and took him for a walk around the neighborhood in his stroller. I did a little too much yesterday and my leg is yelling at me for it!
    I'll keep it simpler today, maybe just the elliptical. I'll see how I feel about the PT exercises, and no walk around the neighborhood! I also cleaned and did some laundry yesterday. May do a bit more of that today, but need to be careful not to overdo.
    Have a good day, everyone. Stay safe and healthy.
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Took my car in for an oil change yesterday. Everyone was wearing masks, and there were lines on the ground and tables for keeping 6 feet. The closest I got was handing over my keys, and signing the papers/payment when I left. They told me there's a leak in my engine I have to take it to the dealer to fix, so I guess I'll call about that today. I wiped steering wheel and dash when I got back into the car. It still made me nervous. Kept the window open a bit even though it was raining.
    Still raining, and cloudy all day, high of 64 expected.
    I skipped exercise yesterday. Did a little cleaning. My leg is still yelling at me. I miss my massages and acupuncture!
    Have a good day, everyone. Be well.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! We should have a high of 73, sunny, with no chance of precipitation. Sounds like a good day for a walk! I have actually done my 5 days for the week already, but no reaso I can't go for number 6. I do usually end up taking a day or two off because of weather anyway but this week has been great for walking. The weather forecast for the weekend looks good for it too, so I may actually get 7 in a row, which is a bit unusual. I do need to take a day off now and then though, I think. But I suspect the weather will enforce that eventually whether I want to or not.

Not a lot on the agenda today. We may do another in home pizza and theatre "evening out" tonight. And I can open another bottle from my dwindling wine collection. I think I will be more than ready to order another crate when our financials get back to normal, but don't think I well run out in the interval. I definitely have room for a crate or more in the wine rack now though.

With chicken suddenly scarce, a turkey breast sounds rather nice about now. I may have to look into that when I next go to market. I can slice that for dinner, or sandwiches, make turkey salad, turkey soup, etc. I am sure Eduardo can come up with some interesting ideas.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon,
    Vix-I have a 2019 Nissan Sentra. Luckily everything so far has been under warranty, so hasn't cost me any money. I hope your engine leak is under warranty. Sorry your leg is bothering you. I have been using my elliptical and my left knee has been a little sore. I think I will have to switch up the exercises and not do the same thing every day.
    It rained most of yesterday and this morning. The rain has stopped for now, but it is still a gloomy day.
    Irene-We still have chicken here in MA, but who knows for how much longer.
    Hi Ed and Jan.
    Have a good day. :)

• eku0
    Jo, that's a nice car, good that it's all under warranty. The dealer I use for service is so nice. It may be under warranty depending on what they find. I have an appt to drop it off on Wednesday a.m. They will disinfect before servicing and then again after servicing.
    I skipped my exercises yesterday and only went on the elliptical for 20 minutes today.
    Ed, glad you had some nice weather. It was ok here. Mostly cloudy but we had a little sunshine in the afternoon and about 60 degrees, able to play outside with our grandson for a little while. Your pizza night sounds great. Enjoy!
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well our weather here was pretty nice it did rain buy in the afternoon it turned nice . Today it is suppose to stay nice but rain will be here in the afternoon .From all the rain my grass is really looking nice well take care everyone and stay safe
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's a little chilly out there right now, but supposed to get to 82 this afternoon! As it will be a sunny day, I will try to get a walk in after I feed the cats.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    So nice to see the sunshine this a.m.!!!
    Supposed to get up to 71 later, partly cloudy.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    Well I got my walk in, making 7 days in a row! Then had an early lunch and headed to market. I started at PetSmart and got enough wet cat food to last through the end of the month, and some kitty litter, so that ate up $74.52. They didn't have the kibble I needed for the princesses, but I ordered that online at the same price, with free shipping.

Then on to Kroger, to get other things we needed. $135.71 later I headed home to unpack, and put groceries away. I didn't quite get everything I wanted, but can make a Publix run tomorrow, or maybe even Target, or Ingles, to get the bit that I still need. I got all the items that were nearing critical, and a few that weren't there yet but were dwindling so a slight delay on what we still need is no big deal. I feel confident that we can get them before we run out.

I even got chicken, as Kroger had plenty! I may still look for a turkey breast when I go back to the store though.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Yesterday was such a beautiful day. We opened the windows to air out the house.
    Also went for a nice walk with my daughter. Today is supposed to be a good day also.
    I plan to work out in my yard. I need to weed the flower beds and prepare a space for a cutting garden. I buy flowers every week, so I thought why not try to grow my own.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's superlative Sunday! We are looking at a high of 86 today with no chance of precipitation. I may take a day off from walking, other than what I walk looking for that last bit of groceries. But maybe not. The fresh air is kind of calling to me, though my legs and ankles might be saying enough is enough. I will listen to them again in a bit and make up my mind. As J reminded me last night, it's easy to find an excuse to NOT walk...

Breakfast was scrambled eggs wth cheese and sausage crumbles, bacon, and one small biscuit with butter, and blackberry all-fruit spread.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    It's supposed to be a beautiful day here too, currently cloudy, but hoping to see the sunshine soon.
    Ed, sometimes we need a day off...I took one a couple of days ago. My leg has been screaming at me. Easing back in with the elliptical and stretching.
    Jo, it was so beautiful yesterday, nice that you and your daughter went for a walk. I sat out on the patio for a while reading. That's nice that you get flowers all the time. My husband usually cuts some and brings them in.
    It's funny how I'm seeing more of our neighbors than usual. Just out walking, etc. My next door neighbor appologized for doing some sanding outside while I was reading. I told him it was fine, didn't bother me...I think he may have just wanted some human contact outside his family! Normally, he wouldn't have said a thing. It was nice.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    I got a walk in today, and I did get to Target and Publix for the rest of the groceries. If my legs feel the same in the morning as they do now, I will take a break tomorrow and let them (and my feet) have a rest. I am drinking extra PowerAde this evening as my legs were feeling a bit crampy when I got up from my nap.

Tuna casserole is in the oven for my dinner, and J will be having leftovers from last night's Fiesta scalloped potatoes, and the brocolli gratin I made. I had baked chicken thighs last night to go with small servings of both of those, and J just had larger servings of the two casseroles.

My tuna casserole for tonight has peas and carrots in it, and I consider it to be a complete meal in one casserole.

I did get a Butterball turkey breast roast at Publix today but haven't put it in the refregerator to thaw as yet. I may let Eduardo stew over some ideas on just what to do with it. It can sit in the freezer in the interval.

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!
    Glad everyone has been doing fairly well. Vix, sorry about the car trouble! Sounds like they have a good plan for customer service at this time! Sorry your leg bothers you so! Hope you get some relief soon! Cannot beat playing with your Grandson!! Not hard to spend that grocery money, Ed!. It does seem like prices have gone up on what there is to be had. I will run out of food in a few days. Then off I go! Jo, your walks always sound so peaceful!! We have had sun and no rain for quite a few days in a row. Really hot the last few days.
    Retail here is slowly reopening. People were wanting to shop..but many stores are just going to open in a week or so. Many here want to be cautious. I like that. Most stores have mapped out their place and some stores have even put in a steamer to disinfect clothes between try ons. Everyone wants a haircut, but those close up things are further down the road. many young people here are walking in groups, no masks, like everything is normal. Some stupid behavior with the public. Guess us careful folk will still have to be careful.
    I have been working outside hard in my acre and a half. i hurt today and could hardly move. But this virus had afforded me time to try to catch up. I cannot usually with church going as my all day time is limited. I hate the deaths, unemployment, and troubles. for me this part of homeness is just a Blessing. I have not had time like this in over twenty five years. loving that aspect!!
    Stay safe and sane all!! Take care! <3:)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we had a nice weekend yesterday we took a ride went and got corn for the deer oh and we stopped at dairy queen and got a cone it was so good . Glad to see everyone is good . Our parks opened up on Saturday so people are out enjoying the sun shine take care
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Happy to hear everyone is doing well.
    Yesterday I worked to my yard, weeding, getting out the grill, deck furniture, fountains and hoses. Also took a walk around the neighborhood. The route we walk is 2 miles.
    I have a slight sunburn on my arms and forehead.
    This morning I have a phone visit with my doctor about my pinched nerve. I think phone and virtual visits will be here for a while.
    Starting on Wednesday in Ma everyone has to wear some kind of face covering while outside. There is a fine for those not complying. Non-essential business are still shut down until the 18th of May, then a decision will be made as to the next step for re-opening.
    Have a great day and stay safe. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It is supposed to be pretty warm today, with 20% chance of rain. I will probably take the day off from walking and let my legs and feet rest.

Maybe I can do some kind of upper body exercise at home today, just to get something in. Or maybe just some housework and call it exercise! If I try to do much in the house, the cats try to help and I can end up rolling on the floor, laughing, instead of whatever exercise I was trying to do.

Is there an olympic medal for rolling on the floor laughing?

May the fourth be with you!