Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Another cool one, with no chance of precipitation. I guess now that people will know they can make a mask from underwear, there will be a run on boxer briefs!

I ended up doing laundry after my walk yesterday. I will probably take another walk today, as it's supposed to be nice.

And maybe do some housework...and hopefully a nap.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning all.
    Boxerbriefs, bras, people are getting very creative! :smirk:
    Mostly cloudy here today with a high expected of 53. Yesterday's weather was crazy, back and forth between storms and beautiful.
    Have a good day, everyone. Stay healthy. :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!
    I must say, I get so little done for being here all the time!! :)
    Ed, your Easter looked yummy!! I laughed at the underwear video...but what a good idea!!
    Easter was not like Easter this year for me. Did not see the kids, everyone had a down day and we talked by phone. I had some ham and biscuits, and actually was full so did not make anything else. Just was not hungry for that, and actually did not buy anything since I really did not need to make a trip. It was restful. I have yet to watch the Sunday service as it buffers when it comes in. I have to watch it later. I had a few check up calls from friends, and watched King of Kings and The Robe. Easter favorites.
    I cleaned out the shed today as my termite guy is coming and found a brand new N95 mask left over from my ex's woodworking days! Lol.. Had to laugh..pretty sure he did not realize he left me that in the divorce settlement!! :#
    Homemade tacos tonite!!
    Storms bypassed us Sunday and were more straight line than tornadic. We were very lucky.
    Hope everyone is still doing well. <3
  • eku0
    I actually opened up both sewing machines today as much as I could, cleaned them and made sure they had a little oil where metal moved on metal. There was a lot of dust, and I found a stuck thread around a hard to reach joint in the newer machine. Luckily I was able to get in there with a tweezer and needle nose pliers. Anyway, I'm very proud of myself...I got both of them working! Yay!!!
    Jan, so glad the storms missed you. Good that you cleaned out your shed. N95 mask is a bonus!
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! We are supposed to have abundant sunshine today and cool temperatures, so it looks like I get another walk!

I finished off the Easter ham for breakfast, except for a couple of slices that I diced up and put in the freezer, to go into that can of pea soup.

Maybe today I will get to some housework...maybe. LOL.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    My cleaning person is coming today. It will be nice to have the house professionally cleaned.
    I have been trying to keep it up, but I always fall behind.
    Supposed to be sunny with a high of 53 today.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Beautiful day yesterday. My daughter and I went for a 3 mile walk.
    Today started out rainy, but now the sun is shining. It is a little breezy, but we will be walking again today.
    Vix-I don't think I want to wear underwear on my head :p, but a pretty creative idea.
    Congrats on fixing the sewing machines.
    Ed- Your cooking always looks so good.
    Hi Irene and Jan.
    Have a pleasant evening. :)
  • eku0
    Hi all.
    Jo, I just thought it was funny. :wink:
    Sounds like you had a nice walk.
    My cleaning person ended up not coming today...she had to help her children with schoolwork. Totally understandable. She said she may have time next week. That's cool. I'll do what I can by myself.
    Have a good evening, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It's another cool one with no chance of precipitation. I will be, no doubt, taking a walk this morning. Nothing else concrete on the agenda. Here's some more bloomers in our yard.

sth29n7lrv91.png

prfpetar0vaz.png

jsfmnhsfge0c.png

f7ip76jqldo6.png

3yl4h11hc4i2.png

OK. That last is not a bloomer and is not in our yard. It's Orion and he's blissfully sleeping in my lap. LOL!

• parityanimal
    And, for throwback Thursday, I am on the right, playing Professor Kokintz in "The Mouse That Roared" in my Junior year of high school.

gk943xdr1dgv.png
  • parityanimal
    2t7lgwcn9ih5.png
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    hi all, doing good here yesterday i did get some yard work done take care
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    I think I may do some baking today...I have a lot of nut pulp from making my nut milk that I should use, and some bananas that are very ripe.
    Maybe I'll make some more masks too, now that I've got the sewing machines working. Masks may be the new normal until they get a vaccine working and available.
    I love all the Spring blooms...the magnolia trees around here are magnificent this year.
    Have a good day, everyone. Stay safe and healthy.
  • IreneMurman
    happy Friday everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! It should be warm today, partly cloudy, with no chance of precipitation. Sounds like another great day far a walk! And an afternoon nap would be nice too. I am trying to wait on grocery shopping until next week, when I have to go to Publix to pick up a prescription. Since I will have to go in anyway, might as well grab what is necessary, if they have it...

• eku0
    Good morning all
    There was frost on the grass this a.m. Cloudy with a high of 55 today.
    Between checking the internet, exercising, reading, daily chores etc. I tend to stay busy all day til I get tired.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hi everyone!!
    I am needing to work in the yard. Shopping yesterday has made me tired. Once again I am behind. I am glad you are too Vix, It makes me feel I am not alone trying to get things done around here, lol..!! Ed, your pictures are great. Looks like you have some interesting bulbs. Jo, glad you were able to walk with your daughter. great change from work, I would bet!! How is the worker who was sick at your job? Hope she is holding her own. Irene, it is so relaxing working outside. Val is doing good. Her work is really busy. But they are faring well so far. She works from home so there was no switch over for her. I was going to visit a friend this afternoon (at six feet away). She is very people oriented so is having a hard time. I am going to suggest Sat. instead though. I need to really do a few things here because I procrastinated! :#
    We will be in the 80's. Nature is confused, but giving us a lovely spring!! B)
    Take care all!! Be at peace!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well it is raining here. George had to go to work they got another virus in a couple of computers hope he can get it fixed fast . take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! A bit rainy this morning, but supposed to be nicer after about 10:00 this morning, with cooler temperatures yet again. I sure am not going to complain about cool temperatures. I really don't like the summer heat.

I may take a walk after I get my beef roast started in a slow cooker, about 10:00.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Rained overnight here, cloudy with a high of 54 expected today, it's very gray out, still a little drizzly.
    Sounds like everyone is doing well. Will see what the day brings.