Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, hope everyone is doing good ,i am getting ready to get on the treadmill take care
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning all.
    Rained overnight and more expected this a.m. 45 going up to 58. Doesn't look like any sunshine today.
    I'll probably get out my sewing machine and see if I can make a few of those masks...at least one for hubby and one for my Son-in-law. If I get ambitious will make more. They have to be washed after each use. Probably good to have a few on hand.
    I also want to take a nice soak in the tub. Loosen up some of the aches.
    We're catching up on Doc Martin...and finding British detective shows we haven't watched! (Seth Meyers joke).
    One of my friends sent me a picture of herself trying on a mask she had made...looked like she was getting ready to rob a bank....I guess we'll all look like that soon. :smirk:
    Have a good day. Keep smiling. Stay safe and healthy.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-thanks for the mask link. I don't usually like to sew, but might give this a try.
    I would say about 75% of the people that come shopping in my store have either masks, scarfs or bandanas on. Most of the shows I watch on TV are British. I think there humor is so much better than ours.
    A person in my store tested positive. They can't tell us the name because of legal reasons.
    Three people in my department decided to stay home for the next couple of weeks.
    It is supposed to get up into the 60's today and tomorrow. I plan on opening the windows for a little while and air the house out.
    Today I am making roast chicken with stuffing, sweet potatoes and apple pie. I haven't decided on a vegetable yet.
    Hi Irene and Jan.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's superlative Sunday! It should be another warm day with no chance of precipitation. I will probably take a walk. I may see if I can get J to come along this time. I have been the only one getting off the property at all for the last two or three weeks, though J did at least get outside in the yard and driveway, as we have moved most of the plants back outside, that had been in the garage for the winter.

I think I am going to make a large Crock-Pot meatloaf today. When I get into the kitchen Eduardo may have other ideas though. LOL.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jo, sorry about your co-worker. I know you are being extra careful. Good idea to air the house out. And your dinner sounds delicious!
    Ed, nice that Eduardo keeps popping up! My husband is also getting creative. Last night he put some beef in the instant pot and then shredded it, then cooked up some vegetables and shrimp. It was delicious when all mixed together.
    I started making masks yesterday...got one seam sewn and my sewing machine quit working. I took some of it apart and cleaned and oiled and still not working. I ended up borrowing my old machine from my daughter. I'll check it out today, and hopefully can finish a few masks. I am making one for my husband, son-in-law, and my sister-in-law in California asked if I'd make her one and send it. I'd also like a couple of extras as they have to be washed after each use.
    Have a good day, everyone. Stay healthy. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well it is palm Sunday sure doesn't feel like it. We ordered mask and gloves from Amazon they should be here tomorrow. Jo sorry to hear about your co worker hope they will be ok
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hi!
    Irene, I am amazed you found any mask so soon on Amazon. I did not see any arriving before the end of May into June! The next three weeks are supposed to be not too good, so I sure will not be going out to the store too much. I have plenty food. Maybe not what a have a taste for though, lol.. I think I will just go with a fold method from the surgeon general, ( if I can find it again!); seemed to have lots of layers and super easy..and I am lazy, lol... :)
    Jo, your chicken meal sounded so good!! Ed, yours always does!
    I watched church on facebook. 30 some people commented, and 260 watched. That was kind of cool. Nice having church with jammies, my dog and coffee. We had 5 members from our praise team singing..at 6 feet scattered, lol.. But yes, Irene! It was a very different Palm Sunday.
    About 10 members of the church worked on a prayer garden in the woods back of our church. (all at different times, coordinated..) There is a windy path with devotionals properly distanced. And we are to be spaced our 6 feet, as well as not many at a time. Technically probably not covered by an at home ban statewide, but all of us have sheltered in place since the beginning. Hopefully it will be small and spaciously used.. hate for our sweet preacher to be arrested, though we all would bail him out. :D They did start before the latest bans.
    So many really dumb people!! Like my friends neighbors having a bar bq with 40 people.. And some dumb people with face masks and their noses sticking out. Some people not even trying to stay an arms length from another.
    but most are home and very compliant.
    Stay safe all!! <3
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2020
    My Crockpot meatloaf dinner and the Spanish style potato and chickpea stew Eduardo made for J.

I will be having meatloaf for a few more meals. J will have lunch tomorrow off the stew.

k2av6aryxar1.png

sbj6jea38t7x.png
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, our weather was beautiful yesterday on our walk yesterday there were some people out walking no big crowds . Jan we had a really nice mass on line but i do miss going to church. Your church sounds nice. I made veggie meat loaf on Saturday I am not much of a cook but George enjoyed it take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It's going to be a somewhat hot one in Peachtree Corners. I got out early and made it to "senior hour" at Kroger to hoard...er stock up on a few things we were low on. I promise I didn't really hoard anything, buying only to bring stock up to what we usually keep on hand. I read that the adminstration is suggesting we not even go out for groceries for the next two weeks. We MAY run out of Puffs facial tissue, but we have a few boutique boxes of Kroger brand and we will manage. We probably won't run out of the Puffs anyway, as we just opened the last two boxes. I forgot to put that on my shopping list so didn't think of it at Kroger and I sure am not going back just for that, when we can get by without it.

Not a lot on the agenda today. I may consider my Kroger trip to be my walk. I will decide later on that.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Finished up 3 masks yesterday, will make a few more. Had to send one to my SIL in Ca. My husband would like his a little bigger, so I'll make some bigger ones today.
    It's 51 and sunny outside, going up to 66. Should be a nice Spring day.
    Jan, who thought it would come to this. Some people don't know who to listen to. Some people don't trust Drs and scientists who educate themselves, put their lives on the line, and care about other people. Some people are taken in by flimflam.
    Ed, you've got a great hobby with your cooking.
    Irene, enjoy your walks.
    Jo, hope you had a nice weekend. Stay safe.
    I'm going to keep busy and hopefully get out and enjoy the sunshine later.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I can hear birds singing out there. It's supposed to get to 80 today with 20% chance of precipitation. I may take a walk, depending on how it looks when I have finished all my tea and fed the cats.

Leftover meatloaf for breakfast.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Partly cloudy and supposed to rain a bit this afternoon, high of 67.
    Going to bake a banana bread this a.m. and maybe do some cleaning.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    I did take my walk. A fairly long one in fact. I did stop in our own yard for a few pictures though.

Mock Orange

o4kov66e0ur5.png

Weigela florida, from the yard and from the street.

mjc3nx3ss0a9.png

me382759p74i.png

Our two volunteer dogwoods, with the blooms fully devoloped.

cbustqpywgub.png

ddyo3mt5x0xp.png

And, though it's NOT IN OUR YARD, a cat I saw on my walk. That cat looks a lot like our Kiara.

nzt3enytsmr5.png

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    hello!!
    Well, we have curfews from 10 pm to 5 am. It is so noticeably quiet. Nice!! We have a stay at home law now though I have been doing that since the week of March 8th or so. You can be fined now if you are not going for food, meds or work. I can get out some to drive a bit I guess and pick up food. But I really am too lazy at the moment. I have enough things to last a while yet. I miss the option of going if I want to . But that is such a small thing compared to everyone. How can one complain!
    I have worked outside on my hardest flower bed. It is sure tiring being a lot older physically then last year. LOL!! But so pretty out and relaxing. I have enjoyed it. I needed to get to my rose bush for pruning a little faster. but still better than last year. I only had one area of poison ivy this year, so that was better than last year too. So far I have not broke out, though.!! I have 2 garbage bags of it and just garden winter debris.
    I need soil, but not sure if I can get any. I may try an early trip and buy a Lowe's essential with it. :) But next month could work too!
    Hope everyone is doing well. Jo, anxious to hear about your co worker!! Stay safe!!
    Hope everyone has a quiet week, uneventful!! Take care...<3
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It looks like another warm one with 20% chance of precipitation. Not much on the agenda today. Maybe some housework, and definitely Lilo's Wednesday fluid treatment. Breakfast was bacon, eggs (with cheese), and whole grain, high fiber, low carb toast, buttered. Wow, that toast description is a mouthful.

Just for a giggle, here's how we all should be receiving deliveries now. Well...sort of. Click on the Play button in the middle. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mIJctTV-Bg

• eku0
    Good one, Ed.
    Made a banana bread yesterday, used an extra banana instead of eggs...came out tasting about the same. I also put in less sugar, so it isn't quite as sweet.
    Working in the garden is very good for you, Jan. I don't because my husband loves it and I leave it to him, but I probably should.
    My car wouldn't start yesterday, haven't driven it in a while, but called Geico and they sent someone out to jumpstart it. I love Geico insurance. Took it for a 25 minute drive to charge it up. I have to remember to take it out every couple of days so that doesn't happen again.
    Have a good day, everyone. Stay safe and healthy.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! We got some rain during the night, but today is supposed to be warm, partly cloudy, and 20% chance of rain. Yesterday I didn't walk because it seemed like it was about to rain, though it never really got more than misty until fairly late. Maybe I will have better luck today. We will see.

Need to do a little housework maybe...so far all I have eaten is some steel cut oatmeal with blueberries and cream.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Did some cleaning yesterday and played with our grandson outside and took him for a walk. The weather was so beautiful. Sat on the deck and read for a while after we got home.
    So far, it's sunny today, but forecast is for scattered t-storms and a high of 65.
    It's interesting how the pollution is going down and the seismologists can hear things farther away because the noise and rumble of people and our transportation has quieted down.
    Made chicken soup with gluten free matzo balls last night for dinner.
    The spring flowering trees are blooming, magnificent magnolias this year, the cherries are fading now. Also lots of spring flowers out and about.
    Have a good day. Stay healthy.
  • IreneMurman
    hi all. our weather here is starting to get really nice hope everyone is good