Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    The sun is trying to shine.
    Vix-will your pharmacy mail your prescriptions? I hope you are feeling better.
    Jan-that was so nice of you to send your friends some movies.
    Irene-We have not been able to find yeast to make bread. I guess everyone has had the same idea.
    Ed-My vet will not let anyone into the building. You have to call from the parking lot and someone will either bring out what you need or collect your pet for an appointment.
    I am off to work in a little while.
    I have been seeing pictures on TV of people not practicing social distancing. They have zip tied up basketball nets and put plastic netting around playground equipment and also put locks on some parks to try and stop gatherings. These people have to stop thinking of themselves and think what they may be doing to others.
    Have a good day and stay safe! :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning all.
    Thanks, Jo. I'm ok...I think I just let things get to me sometimes without even realizing it.
    My husband gets his prescriptions at Walmart and I don't think they will deliver those. Luckily, I have no prescriptions. He's getting refills on all of them at once (Saturday) so we won't have to go back for a while. I'm running out of zinc and vitamin C which I take every day, but even the online stores are out of stock, so whatever. I ordered some organic coffee online so we don't have to go out for that.
    Be careful at work, Jo. This is getting scary.
    Our governor officially put restrictions on last night. But I think most people I know have been doing this for the last 2 weeks.
    Ed, Irene, Jan, hope you're all taking care too....sounds like yes.
    Have a good day, and stay healthy!
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Well, I did get out just to get Lilo's fluid, even though I have enough to get through Friday. They had to come out to my car twice though, as the first time they brought ONLY the fluid, and had to be reminded that I also needed the plastic tubing kit and some needles, in order to be able to administer the fluid treatments.

Rain was threatening, so I came on home, though I did think about stopping to see if the auto parts store was open as my van picked today to run out of wiper fluid.

But hey, at least it wasn't low on blinker fluid! A lot of people seem to be permanently out of that. LOL!
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!
    Hope everyone is doing well. We do have to be careful, but some of my friends working in hospitals are so far doing very well. If you are following guidelines you do have a margin of safety. Many people were hit in the earlier days when the practices had not hit or had just started. Being isolated and cautious does save lives. Many places are just slow to comply in a meaningful way and skews numbers (people) and it will show. Staying and eating healthy and following the "Do's" make a difference!! We are probably not halfway thru this but it will end.. (in months, not quite weeks..). It IS temporary. :):)
    We had a nice rain, and it feels chilly after our 90's! Temporary pollen relief!! My Christmas cactus which bloomed on Valentine's Day is again blooming it's little heart out at the moment! Strangely hilarious. My recovering rose bush was making a comeback until I fertilized with the wrong thing. I used the acid fertilizer for my ferns and Hydrangea instead of my regular one and did not notice..Almost the same box. It is once again struggling for it's life. Good grief!!!
    Stay safe and take a minute to enjoy and experience what is close. There is still much kindness and beauty within our reach! Stay strong!!! <3

• parityanimal
    edited April 2020
    For dinner tonight, Eduardo compromised a little, because I overslept my nap. I had intended to make some home made flat dumplings, but by the time I awoke, it was already nearly six!

So even though there was already sauvignon blanc in the broth, I poured in about half a cup of Marsala, and then added the peas, so they could cook while I was deboning and de-skinning the chicken. After putting that back in, I added a good, large handful of spaetzle noodles, and a small amount of corn starch slurry to slightly thicken the broth.

And dinner, for me, was served. A one pot meal, with an appropriately named Tuesday Night White sauvignon blanc.

wu70zlqo5gw1.png

dj2md4t1q2so.png

baj8na1wtzy7.png
  • eku0
    Looks yummy, Ed. I had spaghetti squash with shredded chicken and marinara sauce. Yours looks better! :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, happy April 1st well hope everyone is doing good. George started working from home yesterday not used to him being home all day. But at least he is home safe with me his boss has come down with the virus but he doesn't work close with him so hopefully he is fine well take care everyone. Jo I hope you are ok
  • parityanimal
    udq9usbdvrsm.png
  • parityanimal
    lixpr7lnhd4q.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It should be a fine, cool day here in Peachtree Corners, GA. And no chance of rain. I might slip out to a Kroger store, or maybe Ingles, which is closer, for a few grocery items that are low or depleted. It IS a nice day for it and I could do it without dodging showers.

I can also, now that it's the first of the month and my pension has dropped into my account, order some grocery items from Amazon, that I can't get locally.

Not a lot else on the agenda today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Vitamin Shoppe had my vitaminC and zinc today, but not available online. I have to go to a store about 15 miles away, but they do have curbside pickup. So I'll probably head over there later after they let me know it's ready.
    If it comes to this here are instructions for sewing a face mask:
    https://www.nytimes.com/article/how-to-make-face-mask-coronavirus.html
    Good that George can work from home, Irene. Hope his boss gets through the virus ok.
    Have a good day, everyone. Stay healthy.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hi !
    Your soup looked so good, Ed. Amazon shipping dates are moved back a month on many items. Or you might need to buy a case. I was hoping to get some popcorn and peanut butter on line to save a trip to the store. P.B. was a big case of 6 or 8. Popcorn was a good deal, but hate to spend 20 bucks on either when I can be patient and wait for the next shopping spree local. Some things will still arrive in 2 days..Going to avoid local the next few days due to payday. :) Books also take a month to come in. I was hoping to do some light reading. Since it is offered in kindle, actual handheld copies are slow. But did not want to take my computer to bed, lol... :D
    Walmart here is doing curbside delivery for pharmacy also. :)
    Beautiful days here but getting so little done!! So it was not time it was my laziness and lack of focus that does me in!!
    I hope George's boss will be okay. That is a little close to home, isn't it? Glad he is home now. People can be pretty resilient in spite of what we hear. Locally here most are recovering and have a more light case sometimes too. Safe guards are for a reason, so the more we have used them, the better off we become!! :#
    Facemasks can't hurt. It is important to sterilize after each use.
    Take care all!! Hang tough!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It's another fairly cool one, with no chance of rain. I probably should make a run for cat food and kitty litter today, but don't really want to. Doesn't mean I won't, but just that I really don't want to get out again so soon.

I finished off my chicken soup for breakfast. I am no sure what lunch will be but am pondering something Tex-Mex in style. And maybe take a cooking break for dinner and pull out some frozen pizza, though the pizza could wait until tomorrow...and I could make some slow cooked pasta e fagioli instead. We'll see how I feel about that around lunchtime. :)

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    I don't usually like Larry David, but I thought his psa was funny.
    https://wwwnbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/larry-david-coronavirus-psa-stay-home-watch-tv-stop-hurting-n1173536
    This is getting kind of gruesome and grueling and a bunch of other grrr words. 😬
    There are some interesting earth effects from people going indoors. Pollution in cities is temporarily down and I found this on the weather channel:
    https://weather.com/health/coronavirus/video/earth-is-vibrating-less-because-of-coronavirus-lockdowns
    It's 42 and mostly sunny today, going up to 58 or so later.
    Have a good day, everyone. Be well. Hugs.
  • parityanimal
    Well, I got the pets covered as far as food and kitty litter now. I decided, while out, to quickly peruse Target and Publix, since they are in the same connected parking lot as PetSmart, on the other wing, and both have automatic doors so I could just cruise through to take a quick look.

Target had small amounts of both toilet paper and paper towels. I sailed on out and did the same flyby through Publix, where I saw no toilet paper, but there were some paper towels. There were still restrictions on how many a person could buy, but the fact that they were available at all gives, perhaps, some hope that at least some portion of the craziness at the stores may be ending as all the hoarders run out of storage space.

Then I went on to PetSmart, and, $218.81 later, came home with enough canned food and kibble, and kitty litter, to get us through the month and then some, as I was low on all of it. With four cats, two of them on different, expensive prescription food, it ain't cheap. I also got some meal worms for the sugar gliders.

After making vegetarian Frito nachos for our lunch, my Amazon order arrived, and I took a nap a couple of hours after lunch. I still need some things that I normally get via Amazon but they are not currently allowing some "non-essential" items to be stored in their warehouses by third party vendors so I may have to see if I can get those direct from the manufacturers, if they are still open for business.

I decided it would be a great night to pull frozen pizza from the oven, so dinner will be easy.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, how is everyone doing ? our weather here is getting really nice take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! It should be a warm day with lots of sunshine, and no chance of rain. I may take a walk today. The dishwasher is running now, but not much else on the agenda.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    I found a better face mask pattern:
    https://www.craftpassion.com/face-mask-sewing-pattern/
    if you're interested. Not medical quality, but better than nothing.
    45 and partly cloudy with a high expected of 59 today.
    Keeping busy, doing some laundry, using my exercise equipment, trying to enjoy some sunshine while it's there. I think I eat more on days when I worry more!
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    Tonight's pasta e fagioli (pastafazool) with garlic cheese toast.

iwxajoo1g0d0.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It should be a warm day with no chance of precipitation. A little house cleaning may be on the agenda.