Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful weird Wednesday! It's supposed to be warm and possibly rainy today. There is a fog advisory right now, but who is going anywhere anyway? I guess the garbage trucks need to be careful not to run into each other.

It was very foggy yesterday too, even in the late morning when I was driving to and from my doctor's appointment.

Dinner last night was corned beef brisket, potato, carrots, and sauerkraut. Breakfast was some steel cut oatmeal with blueberries, a small cup of diced peaches, sausage links, and scrambled eggs. For lunch I am planning a Reuben sandwich. I have the dishwasher running, and plan to do some house cleaning today, and take a nap if possible.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• parityanimal
    edited March 2020
    Hey, here are 10 museums you can tour online, to help ease the stir craziness! The page may be slow to load. I am having some trouble with it today but it was fine yesterday.

https://artsandculture.google.com/story/igKSKBBnEBSGKg?hl=en
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning all.
    Just called my sister...she's about 25 miles from the center of the earthquake near Salt Lake City. She was fine, but did feel the rocking and rolling this morning.
    Sunny with a high of 56 this morning.
    Congrats on your good blood work results, Ed.
    Jo, I hope you don't mind your appts being postponed. I think a lot of places are really trying to minimize contact. Be careful at work. I figure the tp issue should ease up after all the hoarders get overloaded. Not getting bottled water, our public water supply should be good.
    I wonder if people will look at things differently after going through this. It seems that a lot of our values have been skewed lately.
    Stay healthy, everyone, and have a good day. :)
  • parityanimal
    I had really promised myself that I would have at least one nice Reuben out of this year's St. Patrick's day corned beef. I may manage another, but here is the bulk of today's lunch, pre-assembly, and post-assembly (pre-Om-Nom-Nom). I did have a nice salad with it but there wasn't anything special about that.

For J I prepared a huge salad with two boiled eggs and some cheese as the protein.

8fbryorcb8wf.png

3x34frnasgkx.png
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!
    Kind of quiet though a little noisier than the last few days. I do not understand people getting tons or any bottled water for that matter, unless it was their habit. Nothing wrong with the water systems. My daughter brought me toilet paper, and found germ x and some wipes. I found toilet paper too, so now I am a hoarder!! :)
    We have 39 cases now in Al. But we were able to hunker in place earlier than most states. We were lucky. They are testing hospital employees now. My friend has one confirmed case at her hospital from the ER. So we will see. Seems funny not to see her. I have kept up with small group and some of the church. Our preacher is doing a 4 minute facebook every mid day. He sang to us this morning, too..Pretty good voice.
    I will try to get to a few drive thru places to keep the economy rolling somewhere, lol..
    Is the post office doing anything different? Anyone have to go yet?
    Also a good post about wiping your gas handle when getting gas.. Did not think of that, actually.
    Jo, Stay vigilant! But you sure are needed..!! <3
    Take care all!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday. Foggy now but we have an ekpected high of 81! No chance of precipitation. It is expected to cool down a bit going into the weekend.

As far as I know, I don't have to go anywhere.

I had some corned beef scrambled with eggs as part of my nutritious breakfast. I have one plate of corned beef hash left from last night's dinner, and it will be eaten today. And there is enough corned beef left to make one more nice Reuben, which will also be eaten today. One of them will be lunch and one will be dinner.

After that, the left over sauerkraut will be eaten for a meal or three with a smoked sausage that is waiting in the meat&cheese drawer of the refrigerator. I knew there was some reason I bought a two pound bag of sauerkraut for St. Patrick's day. J doesn't care much for sauerkraut so I knew going in that I would be eating the whole bag.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    That Reuben looks delicious, Ed! Saurkraut is very healthful, lots of good biotics.
    Jan, good that you were able to hunker down early and not a lot of cases in your state. There are at least 85 in MD as of yesterday, and it's a tiny state. Blooming fast. We were able to get a 6 pack of toilet tissue yesterday, which will tide us over for a while.
    My house is getting cleaned today. I'm so glad I am able to hire someone to help with that.
    It's foggy here, and some rain this morning, high of 73 today, and 77 cloudy tomorrow before it cools back down a little.
    It's the first day of Spring, early this year, so Happy Spring, everyone! :)

• eku0
    Happy-Spring-Day-Wallpaper-13.png
  • parityanimal
    mfaxr80pn2z8.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Another warm day with 20% chance of rain. I noticed that in addition to some of the grocery stores, Target is having a "senior hour" on Wednesdays, for the first hour of shopping that day. Target opens at 8:00. And the Publix near me is right next door to the Target so if that Publix is letting seniors only shop from 7:00 to 8:00 then I could conceivably hit them both next Wednesday to look for any needed items.

Except that, like many, I would have trouble actually getting out the door that early for either one of them. And why just on Wednesday?

I suppose if the need is great enough, one could manage, and it is nice to have another senior perk available, albeit somewhat inconviniently so.

I hope they can actually have enough security to keep the other rampaging hordes out of the stores during those hours and that said hordes will be understanding and not mob the doorways, endangering us seniors.

Nothing on the agenda today.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    I saw the info about the senior hours at some stores, but decided for now to leave those to the less able bodied. I was able to pick up a pack of tp at Walmart yesterday, by going to the service desk in the back of the store. There were a few packs and limited to 1. I think it should tide us over til the hoarders have their fill.
    I washed all the bedclothes and throws we are currently using, comforters, quilts, etc. I even washed a pair of sneakers to wear in the house, take off my outside shoes in the mudroom.
    Not much planned for today. Glad I have some exercise equipment in the basement. We've been using that.
    It's partly cloudy today and supposed to reach a high of 77! May go out for a walk later.
    Back to highs in the 50s tomorrow.
    Have a good day, everyone. :) Stay healthy.

• eku0
    Irene....haven't heard from you for a while...are you ok?
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    I went to pick my prescription at Osco's which is located in Shaw's and they were only letting
    a limited number of people in the store. Since I work for Shaws, I was able to go right in.
    I asked why and was told that there were so many people in the store, that it violated the fire code. When I was leaving work today I noticed police presence at the exit. I hadn't heard of any incidents in the store, maybe just a precaution..
    Our store will be open to seniors on Tues. and Thurs. from 7-9.
    Ed-your sandwich looks good minus the saurkraut. :p
    Vix-The Y, where I go to the gym, has virtual exercises that you can do. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.
    Jan-I was able to get TP yesterday, but not hand sanitizer. I have been wearing gloves at work.
    Today they announced over the PA system "employees it is now time to wash your hands."
    They did this every hour.
    Stay safe! :)
  • eku0
    Jo, be careful out there. Sounds like you and your store are taking pretty good precautions.
    It's just amazing how long this virus can hang in the air, or sit on surfaces. No wonder it is so contagious!
  • parityanimal
    Well, I finished off the last of the St. Patricks day sauerkraut today, having it with smoked sausage and potatoes at lunch and supper. We are very low on fresh vegetables so I may have to venture out at some point for that or just make do with frozen. Or maybe actually take advantage of grocery delivery?
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! And another warm day with 20% chance of rain.

I might get to some housework today and maybe inventory the wine.

• eku0
    edited March 2020
    Good morning all.
    Ed, we're kind of taking it one day at a time. Haven't been anywhere but my daughter's in the last couple of days. Probably won't go to the grocery until we need a lot of things, then just stock up again. (Or have it delivered, depending on what's going on).
    We don't intend to hoard, we probably have enough in the house to last 2 weeks if we can't go out or get anything.
    I didn't want to think anything like this could happen. Yet here we are.
    I always have things I can do around my house, and sometimes I don't need to do anything, and I'm fine with that.
    Hope everyone has a good Saturday. :) Be well.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning,
    Well, so far I have not got my oral Diabetes medicine. I had gone Thursday and forgot that they were closed for training, and I just was not going again on Fri., weekend or not. So cutting my carbs and going on Monday. I should be getting lots done, but kind of lazy. I did haul my plants out of protection instead of just opening the cedar garden box they were in. That is something.
    I think we are at 103 in our virus count. My friend's floor will become the covid floor and she works tonite. She was tested but has not had results yet. They have 2 patients for now whose results are not back yet. We will see. She is not too excited about the switch on her floor, but she is a trooper and will be there. Her Dad is in hospice, so she will not be with him as she usually is. Depending on her test, she might can visit with mask from a distance. But once she is at work, she may not be able to. Odd times..This generation does not realize sacrifices made like in WW-2 or how long it takes to implement a difference for millions. Should be interesting. We have not begun to peak yet in Al. but most people get it. Prepared for the long haul.
    I adore being at home. I miss church, but not my group with the cooking. I can call everyone to chat!! :# Glad you bought some TP Vix, however you could!! Sandwich looked great, Ed. I am still eating sandwiches from the small group non meal!! I am having a stuffed pork chop tonite though, stuffed meagerly with one carb, lol...
    Jo, Sounds like you have job security also. I have heard of the police in other areas, too. Seems to depend on just where you are and probably the population, I guess!! Rest well and do not become overtired!! Eat those immunity foods!!
    You are missed Irene!!
    Take care all!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Well I spent some time doing my wine inventory today and the catalog is now corrected and updated to show all 64 current bottles. It was showing about 9 too high when I started so I had to determine what I had used and not deleted from the spreadsheet. And I drank some while eating dinner and then finishing up the inventory which reduced it by one, from 65 actual bottles to 64 now. LOL.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Well yesterday was not as crazy at work, maybe the buying frenzy is slowing down.
    The company has given us a $2.00 dollar an hour raise until this pandemic is over.
    They will also pay us 2 weeks salary if we get Covid-19 or have to be quarantined because a family member has it. I am off for the next 2 days to regroup for the next round. I could work, but I think rest is more important than the extra money.
    Ed-That is quite the wine collection. Enjoy!
    Jan-Could you have your medication delivered to you? The pharmacy I deal with with mail it.
    I hope your friend get good news. It make me sad that she can not be with her dad at this time.
    Vix-We probably have enough food for a month. My husband has always believed that we should have extra incase of an emergency. I guess he was right.
    I just heard on the news that we have had 535 testing positive for the virus. Last I heard there were about 60-65 hospitalized.
    Irene-I hope you, George and Annie are doing ok?
    Today I plan on doing a little house work and try to get out for a walk. It will be in the high 30's today.
    Have a good day and stay safe! :)