Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    That's wonderful, Ed.
    Jo, so good to see you here. Will is taking antibiotics which clear up ear infections pretty quickly, thanks. He was feeling pretty good for his party. It's probably better to skip the gym for a while if your neck and back were bothering you. Ok to exercise, but keep it light. Be careful on the ice, and don't knock yourself out cleaning. I hope you're feeling much better!
    Irene, I know, time just flies by!
    We went to Wegman's today, so grocery shopping is done. Picked up some fish for dinner tonight. Need to do some laundry etc. Pretty nice and sunny out today. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, jo I wasn't sure if you still use your fit bit or not there is about 8 of us that does a challenge it is a lot of fun. We had a nice weekend take careeveryone
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Supposed to get up into the high 60's today. I have a few errands to run this morning and
    I may get out for a walk to enjoy this warm weather. I was also thinking about opening the windows to air out the house.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    edited March 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Another warm one, with no chance of precipitation.

A lot nicer than it was the other night. At least according to the weather page...

rvl0a70dgqia.png

Not a lot on the agenda today. I may step out for a bit and make some vitamin D.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    48 and sunny, supposed to go up to 71!!! Sounds like Spring to me!
    Went out for a walk yesterday, it was so nice...even nicer today.
    I hope everyone gets to enjoy the beautiful weather!
    Happy Monday. :)
  • parityanimal
    DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM!

If you get an official looking email purporting to be from payment-report@kroger.com congratulating you on your successful order, it's a scam to get your personal information, probably for identity theft purposes.

It's another clever variation on an old scam.

I got an official looking email from

payment-report@kroger.com <newsletter@foodgolds.com>

Subject: Dear redactedname@redactedemaildomain, Your Order at www.kroger.com was successful.

followed by a graphic boldly shouting CONGRATULATIONS! and then redactedname - CLICK HERE

And then the Kroger emblem.

Needless to say, clicking there (or any of the other clickable areas) would not have taken me to the Kroger web site, but this is, I would have to say, a VERY clever new version of the old scam to make someone think that they may have been charged for an item they did not order, and to click to find out.

I do shop at Kroger, as do millions of shoppers, so it's a good bet on their part that at lease some portion of recipients will click and give up information they should not.

The email to which it was addressed, however, was not the email I use to log into the Kroger web site, and the address they ACTUALLY sent it from has nothing to do with Kroger.

In addition, Kroger addresses me by my name, not my email address.

If I HAD ordered something from Kroger I might expect an email (to the correct address) acknowledging the order, and perhaps giving an estimate on delivery, and possibly even offering tracking information, but not CONGRATULATING me on successfully making an order and then, obscurely telling me to "CLICK HERE" without even telling me why I need to click there.

DON'T FALL FOR THIS!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It's supposed to be rainy all morning, but nicer this afternoon. I need to get to the vet for Lilo's next bag of lactated Ringer fluid, as there are only two more treatments in the current bag, which will be used for Wednesday and Friday. Yesterday's fluid treatment went easily. I took care of her Tuesday shot of Adequan first thing this morning, and of course the subsequent treats.

While out I need to get some more milk, and some alcohol wipes, as I go through those wipes pretty fast. I test my blood glucose four times a day. And Lilo thinks SHE gets needled a let! LOL.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Hi all.
    Ed, are you able to get your alcohol wipes ok? I know the cleaning wipes are not available in stores right now. That's a lot of taking care of pets, almost like you need a medical degree!
    I went to my stained glass and clay groups today. Soldered one side of my project. It's slow going. Next week I'll hopefully solder the other side, then can start working on the frame.
    Just back from seeing my dietitian. We have to try something else.
    It was a nice warm day today, though cloudy.
    Hope everyone had a nice day. :)
  • parityanimal
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Ed, are you able to get your alcohol wipes ok? I know the cleaning wipes are not available in stores right now.

Kroger was out of alcohol wipes and every kind of rubbing alcohol. That need isn't critical as yet, and I can use cotton balls (I have plenty) and rubbing alcohol from a bottle (still have plenty of that too) for home checking, which is like...95% of my testing. I find the wipes to be more convenient, but I can reserve the remaining wipes for my travel kit if necessary, since Kroger was...er...wiped out!

I am sure they will get some more in soon. I can go back late Wednesday, or early Thursday to see. I know when the truck usually comes. :)

• parityanimal
    Tonight's dinner (and several more meals worth) was a chicken thigh and cornbread dressing, with my wine of choice. It was served with English peas, lightly buttered. Eduardo had fun with cream of mushroom soup, and some herbs, tonight.

Needless to say, I have several more meals coming out of this.

J will be having vegetable fried rice, being now back to reasonably solid food.

tsqjnijz8ydt.jpg
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, I am loving our weather it did rain a little but not long take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It should be warm and cloudy today with 20% chance of precipitation. I may sneak back to Kroger to see if they have stocked any more alcohol wipes. Breakfast was a repeat of last night's dinner, but with hot tea instead of wine. LOL. I must say, chicken and dressing with creamy mushroom gravy, and green peas, makes a divine breakfast. Six large chicken thighs (bone in, skin on) were cooked. Four remaining now to be consumed. Lilo gets her next home fluid treatment early this afternoon.

I don't have a medical degree, but did have some training, when much younger, to be a medical assistant. We learned how to draw blood (and I don't mean with a pencil and paper!) give shots, subdermal, intradermal, intramuscular, and intravenous, though in Tennessee one had to be licensed to give intravenous shots, and we only practiced that on a dummy. Our school didn't do that licensing, but that could be arranged through the state.

We also learned how to centrifuge blood, do a few exaiminations of the blood, do manual blood counts, and some urinalysis. We took advantage of student pollen allergies or the like for practical demonstrations of how that might affect the white blood count and the ratios. And we learned how to test for a few common diseases and do a "rabbit test" which, in case anyone didn't know, hasn't actually required a rabbit in a long time. No rabbits were harmed in our pregnancy tests.

I never did get my certificate because the school claimed I owed them more money, though we had an agreement that I would work that off doing janitorial stuff around the school. I HAD done the work but they claimed I still owed some money and I got the strong feeling it was just a scam to get as much money from the students as possible, especially when I found out some classmates were in the same predicament.

The school closed about six months later, so there was no chance then to get it. All the same I never regretted my taking the training, as it did give me some skills that I still use.

I still don't particularly want to see BIG needles as they go into ME, but once in I can look. And I have NO issues with sticking needles in someone else, be it another person or a cat, and could give myself a shot as long as the needle isn't too big. I am sure I could, with effort, use a larger needle on myself if necessary, but would rather not have to go there. LOL.

I hear the garbage truck, so I guess I will bring that bin up and pour myself another cup of tea.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    That's a shame that you couldn't get your certificate, Ed...scam school, how awful. I guess no law suit by the students who couldn't afford it. I hate when those things happen. But at least you learned some useful skills. (I still turn my head when they put a needle in me for blood tests!)
    Irene, glad you're enjoying the warmer weather.
    I'm dialing down my calories again. Dietitian said to try it for a couple of weeks, and see if the scale will budge.
    Cloudy with a high of 54 today. Need to get my exercise done and maybe go out for some frozen blueberries, bananas, etc later.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Painting class for me this a.m. Supposed to be mostly cloudy today with a high of 61.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling throwback Thursday! Another warm one, with 40% chance of rain this morning. It's not even officially Spring yet but Summer is trying to creep on us here in Georgia. Lilo gets one of her three days a week off from any medical procedures today. I am sure she's thrilled.

Since it's throwback Thursday, here's me on May 6, 1989, at 29 years old, finally graduating from college with my long awaited computer science degree.

bh7i54e2c9kc.jpg

Oh, and here's a holiday I will try to celebrate! International napping day!

j7vujnqrbh1u.png

• IreneMurman
    good morning, Annie and I just got back from our 2nd walk . We went early because it is suppose to rain and didn't want to get caught in the rain .I went to the hospital wasn't sure if they were still letting people in but since it is a heart and lung center there was no problem . No plans for today I am sure we will have rain later so I will be staying in take care
  • eku0
    Hi again.
    I was getting a little concerned about going to the senior centers, and sure enough, they closed them down today around 11:00 indefinitely. I guess they're the next closest things to nursing homes for congregating older folks. I'm sort of relieved, not to feel obligated to go to the classes.
    Nice that you got some walks in, Irene, and that you were still able to visit your sick people.
    Nice graduation picture, Ed.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!
    Sounds like everyone is in good shape. It has been a week. I had a cardio appt Monday, and my reg. Dr. appt for refills on Tuesday. After the weekend church, I was tired. Of course my appts were early. I would rather have mid day or afternoon. Thankful for care though. The firm that does my taxes likes them in by March 15 or I will have to sign an extension. So I thought I had the week and all I have done is run around. And make phone calls. I also need to stand in 3 lines to get my meds, as they are new and also one refill. I bet it may be a mess with this virus problem. While Al. had no cases they are watching 2 people, so we may get added to the list here soon. The colleges are doing on line. They are also bring some of the students home 6 wks early from study abroad, esp. from Italy and they will be quarantined in their house I guess, as a precaution. My kids are supposed to go to Italy the end of May into June. That is not looking good. Even if it eases I think my daughter may have to not go. She has had a severe asthma attack and is still not recovered yet and it will be 2 weeks I think. And she seems little better. She feels awful.
    Val had surgery but is recovering well. She got to take a week off!
    The financial disruption from the virus is beyond scary. I wish people would not panic and stay in for the long haul. But few people or businesses can go too long without being paid and taking in money. :| And I know they do have to halt things. I am so thankful I did not have to make those decisions..
    After I called my like 16 people and talked about the virus, I then asked what they were bringing to church for the meal. That was a little strange. I almost hope we curtail some activities there..I could use the rest!! LOL...
    We also have tickets for Miss Saigon in Birmingham for the 22nd. It will be interesting to see if it will be performed.
    Ed, how about Atlanta?? Are the theaters closing for a bit??
    Take care all!! Stay well!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning, I can't understand the panic I think the media is making it 10 times worse I don't think politics should be involved but of course it is I guess I am so over all of it. But I do have one question what's with the run on tp when ever I had a flu didn't involve my tussie . Vix sorry they canceled your classes. well take care everyone Oh Jan tell Val prayers are sent .
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! It should be another warm one, with some chance of rain. I need to stay home today since I am expecting a postal delivery that requires an adult signature. They USUALLY come in the afternoon but you know if I try to count on that and leave in the morning, it will come and go while I am gone, leaving me with a pick-up slip.