Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, well it is chilly this morning. We did have a nice walk no big plans for today take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! And it's LEAP DAY. I don't do a lot of leaping any more. Besides, I have a headache, but I am sure I will get over it. I may take a walk out in the cold, but DRY air.

I am working, gradually, on a big box of old photos, digitizing the ones I think are worth preservation, and discarding a lot of junk photos. I took a lot of photos back in the day that I look at now and wonder why. If there are no people I know or interesting scenery, animals, buildings, or objects, one wonders why.

I found some (not very good) pictures I took at my youngest sister's first wedding, but honestly think ALL of my family would just as soon forget that wedding, as that marriage turned out to be a disaster and didn't last too long. She has been happily married to her second husband for many years now and is a grandmother.

Some of these photos were left behind from a former roommate, when his sister gave them to me after his death, in case there were any of me in the stacks, or of him and his dogs that I might want.

As I come across good pictures of him, I have been digitizing them and sending the pictures to her and her other brother, on FaceBook. She is probably sharing them with her twin sister too. I do know her twin, but not that well, and we are not connected on FaceBook.

None of us live in Memphis any more, and the twin and the other brother had already moved from there before I met any of the family so I only knew them from their occasional visits back to Memphis while I was living there with their brother. I continued to live in Memphis for many years, until I retired and moved to Georgia, and I kept up with the one sister who had stayed in Memphis.

After both of their parents died, she eventually moved up to Massachusetts and the three surviving siblings now live fairly close together again. I was a pallbearer at the former roommate's funeral, along with 5 other friends of his, as, even though it had been several years since we had roomed together, I was still a friend of the family. And, of course, I attended the funerals of both parents, and the family/close friends gatherings after each funeral.

Looking through old piles of pictures can be a bit emotional, so I am taking my time with it. Most of them are still in the folder/envelopes that the developers delivered them in, though a few are old Polaroid instant photos. I have looked at most of the loose photos, and scanned those I deemed worthy of preservation.

As I find photos of people I still know, I will send them their pictures on FaceBook. And somewhere I have a few old albums of photos I should go through and scan the ones I want to save digitally.

Not a lot on the agenda for me today, but perhaps I can work in a nap.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Cold here this morning.
    We are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate my daughter's birthday.
    Last night we went to an MG club function. It was a lot of fun and the food was excellent.
    Irene-I hope Annie's paw is better. I have always wanted to try one of those painting nights.
    Ed-you must have had taxes on your mind to have that dream.
    Jan-I am sorry your shoulder is acting up. I can relate to that. Do muscle relaxers help?
    I am still afraid of doing certain things, as I do not want to experience the pain I had ever again.
    Vix-Do you draw your picture before you paint it? I have never tried to paint anything other than a wall. :) I hope the u tube videos help. I hope your cold goes away soon.
    Have a good day!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It should be a really nice day today. I may get out to see the current bloomers, and may get out to a grocery store. Spring begins in March!

I made it through Leap Day without telling anyone to go take a flying leap. But then I didn't go anywhere either. LOL

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    good morning, not much going on here we do need to run and get deer food today we are on the last bag of corn ,I think we will probably go to the bog for a walk later it is pretty cold here only like 26 looking forward to the warmer temps .Jo Annie's paw is better I think when she jumped off of the recliner she hurt her paw. take care everyone
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Irene, a walk at the bog sounds nice...it's supposed to warm up later.
    It'ts cold here this a.m, but sunny, supposed to get up to 43 today.
    Ed, it's a lot of work going through old photos...those are the kinds of tasks I keep putting off!
    I hope you get out to see the flowers.
    Jo, the MG club sounds like fun, and have a great time taking your daughter out tonight..happy Birthday to your daughter!
    I'm glad you're feeling better and good idea to be careful. I always have to be wary. Overdoing can be a problem.
    I've been to a couple of sip and paints with friends it's a lot of fun, and the paintings are pretty easy to do and look nice.
    Sometimes I draw a picture before I paint it, but not usually. Usually I try to paint a base layer for the background, and then do a light sketch in pencil of at least the outline on the canvas. Sometimes I just start painting!
    Jan and Val, hope you're both feeling ok.
    Will see what the day brings today.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Well we had Chinese food last night up a couple of pounds so I will have to drink a lot of water today .We haven't had it in a long time. It is suppose to get up to 60 today well take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! A littly chilly today with 100% chance of rain. I can feel that in my bones too. Right now it's partly cloudy and I can see, via the front entry camera, that the sun is rising. To all appearances it's a lovely morning, but the rain is due shortly. I don't think I have to go anywthere today.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    38 and sunny this morning, high expected of 61. I have a massage scheduled in a little while.
    Happy Monday! :)
  • parityanimal
    This soup looks amazing. And chock full of veggies! I may have to try it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyg2JarrIy8
  • parityanimal
    That recipe for minestrone did look so amazing that I tried to beat the rain to get out for ingredients and cat food. The cat food wasn't for soup, but it was low enough to warrant getting it while out.

I did get some cat food at PetSmart, and then to Publix. I looked for escarole (no luck) and considered some watercress, but decided to just make something between minestrone and pasta e fagioli instead. It is cooking now in a slow cooker, with the small potato waitilg until a bit later to be peeled, chunked up, and added, and my 1/2 cup ditalini will wait until the last 20 minutes or so.

I say I TRIED to beat the rain. I didn't get too wet, but did get sprinkled on coming out of Publix to the car, and then unloading the car at home.

My soup/stew should be a nice supper for a cool, rainy day, no matter what I call the dish! LOL!
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning all!
    It is raining and dismally grey today and will be for several days. Storms expected Weds. We sure do not need this rain. The temperatures are much nicer with no freezing at nite. That is great..rain or no!!
    Your soup looks great, Ed, perfect for the day!! Jo, I just aggravated setting things up for small group. I usually do not take relaxers because the over the counter types raise my B/P. Too lazy to go to the Doc! I probably don't need to be moving heavy tables and chairs!! this pain is nothing like when the actual nerve is pinched. I so share your fear of that!! Glad yours is better! Irene, I sure envy you those walks in what sounds like a beautiful place! I am so glad Annie's paw is getting better. Older animals are just so precious! Vix, glad you had a great time for both your get togethers.I tend to forget my children's ages at times and place them in suspension in their 30's..lol..not so!!

We had a lovely retreat with the ladies on Sat. I swear we ate wonderful things all day! Just some fun games, and I am not a big game person, to build knowing each other, great messages and prayers. Some of the young girls are just so talented with great hearts!! That was nice to see. Sunday group was a little bit of hassle, so I need to thoughtfully make some changes. And be better at my responses sometimes for people who seem either lazy, or more likely unaware. Work on myself some in progress!! :# lol...
    Hope everyone has a great day!! <3
  • parityanimal
    My dinner included some "heat and eat" lasagna from Publix (the first slice, of 2, was my lunch) and looked like THIS:

r3hh622mdk23.png
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well yesterday it got up to 66 here so Annie and I went for a real nice walk, today it is suppose to rain we will see. Ed your soup looks good .Jan your retreat sounded nice I have never been on a retreat was it just for the day or the whole weekend? hi vix and jo
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jan, good that you have nice social groups to go to.
    Ed, soup is so good when there's a chill outside. Minestrone sounds great. (I made butternut squash soup this week).
    Irene, nice that you were able to get out for a nice walk with Annie yesterday.
    Hi Jo and Val.
    Stormy with a high of 61 today.
    I'm off to stained glass and clay groups today.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It is supposed to be warm and wet, with 100% chance of rain, which I can verify.

I just gave Lilo her Tuesday shot, and the required treats that go with it. I have been doing this for a year or two now and think by this time the shot is pretty routine to her, but she isn't about to pass up a chance to demand a couple of crunchy treats, and I better hurry them along after the shot too!

There are three good servings of the soup left, as I did not eat one for breakfast. I will try to get J to eat one for lunch and plan to have one myself.

This afternoon I have to drive J to an oral surgeon for removal of an infected wisdom tooth. Not sure how much (or what kind) of anasthetic they will use so we are going together and I am designated driver in case J is in no condition to drive.

If J (who doesn't really like leftovers much) will eat the last bowl of soup for supper, it would be good, as it's warm, and soft, and shouldn't be difficult to chew with a painful mouth. If not, I can eat it and make something else for J. Maybe potato soup...

Other than the trip to the oral surgeon, I have nowhere I have to be today, and that is fine. Wouldn't be going there if it weren't necessary.

• parityanimal
    Well...after taking more x-rays, they decided that they want to take all of J's wisdom teeth and will do that tomorrow morning, having done nothing today but x-rays and consultation. So I get to be designated driver tomorrow morning. The cats will either be fed early or late. I leave it to the reader to make an educated guess as to which is more likely.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!
    Prayers for the Nashville area is in order it seems. How frightening. I am pretty sure I saw the animals walking two by two out my yard today, with heavier rain expected Weds. Irene, The retreat was only for the day. It was really nice and well done by many of our younger people. I would like to go on a week end retreat that are offered at a nunnery on the way to Birmingham. You get your own little room, bed, and eat all your meals with the nuns. You are in silence from when you get there until you leave. They actually do not really encourage taking your bible as they want you to experience quiet and stillness. My kind of retreat!
    Ed, hope J does well with her extractions. I will keep tabs as I am having some trouble with mine! First day is the worst. I hope every one is doing well still and enjoying the weird weather!! lol!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Ed hoping J isn't in too much pain. We had a bad storm last night real heavy rain, thunder and lighting . One of my friends went on a cruise she came down with the flu she seems to be ok I guess it is a low case she came down with it on Friday . take care everyone oh and I am staying away from her she knows if she needs anything just give me a call