Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning all.
    Enjoy your hospital visit, Irene.
    Ed, my husband gets gluten free pasta, usually brown rice or some combination of non-gluten grains. Some are more pasta like than others. I don't think he's tried the lentil or chick pea variety (haha, probably because he doesn't really like lentils or chickpeas.).
    The clouds and rain are hanging around here through tomorrow...high of 48 today, so pretty warm for winter. Supposed to be cold again tomorrow night and into the weekend.
    I'm glad it's Wednesday, and I have nothing scheduled. Will hang out and see what the day brings.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Want to peek at my bloomers? :wink:

z1cjj50ax5ak.png

d3v81fbu7y8n.png

0zp9vvqu9cta.png

p7sjjz7yf10j.png

y1zwwbyxqpiz.png

t3jyemmv7i8y.png

tn6rtne1oxp4.png

dcs0a7usis75.png

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hi!!
    High of 81 today. My forsythia is blooming and so are my blueberries. Not so good as tomorrows low is 36 degrees followed by 31 degrees. Parts of my tulip tree is also blooming..But then so is my Christmas cactus. I should have put it in the dark a little sooner than November, lol... :#
    Ed, your pictures are great! Irene, Annie is so lucky to have you!! And what cat does not love tuna water?? :)
    Jo, sounds like a great time with your daughter..
    Have a great Thursday everyone!! Take care!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, Ed your flowers look so pretty. Jan our weather here is suppose to get to 60 but it is raining so not sure if it will get there. take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It's rainy this morning, but it's supposed to taper off toward the afternoon, with temperatures falling, but not TOO far.

With the camera watching the front sidewalk now, we found out last night what is sometimes triggering the front door light to come on. A white and black cat, that actually looks a lot like our Kiara, was seen on cam last night when the light's motion sensor turned it on. The cat came in from behind the hedge, stepped just far enough into the frame to be seen, and then back out, presumably back behind the hedge. Something has been triggering the motion sensor light by the garage too, and we had been wondering what. Now we suspect one (or more) of the three (current) neighborhood cats that sometimes wander over for a visit is probably triggering that one too.

I need to get some laundry folded today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Ed, nice flowers! Our daffodil stems are up, but no flowers yet. It's supposed to go up to 52 today, but down to 15 tomorrow night (cold Friday and Saturday). Mostly cloudy with chance of rain this afternoon.
    Jan, I hope your flowers and blueberries are ok with the cold coming in.
    Hi Irene, Jo, and Val.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well yesterday I did a lot of cleaning so today I can pretty much take it easy. I do have to go grocery shopping can't get too much frozen I got my our from ns and it was more frozen than self I took advantage of the 50 % off. well we sure had a lot of rain yesterday glad it stopped. well Ed your flowers look beautiful mine are starting to pop up but my weather is like vix so not sure if they will make it or not take care everyone
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Only a high of 34 today, with a low of 15 tonight, then a high of 37 tomorrow, back into the 40s on Sunday.
    Irene, good for you for getting all your cleaning done. You deserve a day to take it easy!
    We babysat last night. It was so much fun. <3 Our grandson will be a year old on the 18th.
    My calendar is free today, will see what the day brings. :)
    tb1x0hyyowqq.png

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Nice weather expected all day, and I might get out to Kroger for a few things. Not a lot on the agenda.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Beautiful Valentine Vix!! I hope everyone had a wonderful day!!
    Cool spying Ed!!
    At least the weather is crazy everywhere, lol...!!
    Cold here today and freezing tonite...oh boy.. :# But it is sunny!! :)
    Stay warm everyone!! <3
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Happy belated Valentines Day!
    Ed- your flowers brought a smile to my face. Happy belated birthday to Lilo. The cats and squirrels in our neighborhood set off our motion detector lights.
    Vix-Happy birthday to your grandson.
    Irene-I am glad Annie seems better.
    Jan-I envy your warm temps.
    It is currently 7 degrees and will get up to 32 later today.
    After seeing the Dr. on Monday, I am on light duty, can't lift anything more than 15lbs and can't push or pull anything. The only one having a problem with this is my immediate supervisor. He makes everything about him, (drama queen). The store director took me aside yesterday and told me to let him know if anyone in the dept. was giving me a hard time or making me feel uncomfortable. I felt better knowing he was on my side.
    Have a great day and stay warm. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, jo glad your store director is there for you. We also have cold weather it is 10 right now I think we all got spoiled from all the nice weather we had. Wow vix hard to believe it is almost a year since your grandson was born. Jan I think we all are having a weird winter take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! Zero percent chance of precipitation today. We might go to an antique mall in Monroe later.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Have fun at the antique mall, Ed.
    Irene, 10 is cold!!! It was 15 overnight here, but has already warmed up to 24 with a high of 37 for today. And it's sunny, which is great.
    This year has gone very fast. Will's birthday is Tuesday! Such a snuggly cutie!
    Jo, so sorry your pain is continuing. It's good that you are on light duty and great that your store director is on your side. It's nice when your bosses appreciate a good worker. Hopefully he also took your immediate supervisor aside and had a word with them too. Be careful and take good care of yourself. Hopefully it will ease up for you. I'm not supposed to lift anything heavy either. I feel it if I do.
    Jan, stay warm!
    It's Saturday and the sun is shining.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    z8asc7lrt5kf.png
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! Looks like I accidentally put a funny here in the group chat again. LOL.

The antique mall was a lot smaller than we expected, and it was a fairly long drive to get there.

We didn't consider it a wasted trip though, as we stopped at a nice farmers market on the way back, picking up a few items, including a large tub of salad that we used half of at dinner later.

Then we stopped at a small flea market in Conyers, but most of the stalls were closed. The market was open until 8:00 but apparently the individual stalls were open whenever the renters wanted. To be fair, it wasn't very busy by the time we got there, so there was little incentive for the sellers to stay late.

So we enjoyed the trip, aside from the traffic, and while dinner was a bit late, it was quick and easy as we had leftovers already plated up in the refrigerator. I quickly put together a couple of side salads from the tub we picked up, warmed up the leftovers in the microwave, and dinner was served.

Not much on the agenda today.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    29 and cloudy this morning. Going up to 49.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    In case you were wondering, here, right now, the flu is worse than the coronavirus.
    https://www.wral.com/coronavirus-versus-the-flu-comparison-of-cases-deaths/18954242/
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It should be a fairly nice day here, and I may get out for a grocery item or two. Or even three or more. One never knows what unexpected deals there might be. Or maybe I'll not go. We'll see how the day goes.

• eku0
    Hi all.
    Sunny and 54 here! Warm! I had a massage this morning, and then went to the grocery store. I am always running out of vegetables.
    Such a beautiful day.
    Enjoy! :)