Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning all.
    Jan, sounds like someone is trying to take advantage of your good nature. Does she have other family to share the load....maybe a week here and there for each. Can she afford to get a visiting nurse, or contact the local medical or social services and see what kind of help is available for her. It's important to take care of your own health first.
    Irene, have a good day....I can't see putting a pet in a boarding situation that long either...maybe a few days or a week, max.
    Ed, it's cloudy again here, high of 42 expected today. I need to do some exercise, laundry, etc. Nothing special for today.
    Jo, hope you're feeling better...sorry for your pain in the neck!
    Val, I guess you're really busy, hope you are feeling better too.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning ,I have no plans for today just going to take it easy I do have some dusting to do after I get done with the treadmill take care everyone hope you all have a great thursday
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Off to painting and drawing class this a.m.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! I have been up for a while but distracted by this, that, and the other thing. Not a lot on the agenda today, aside from hopefully a nap.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Not a lot on the agenda today, though I do have to drop a guest off somewhere this morning. I saw him a few nights ago and realized he would need a ride asap. Or at least that I would need to give him a ride asap. He "volunteered" last night to end his stay in our garage. He's a little camera shy.

hi7tni0pei8b.png

While out, I may pick up a grocery item or two,

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• eku0
    Good morning all...
    Is that a rat, Ed? I kind of hope it's just a large mouse. Your funnies were really good this a.m. Thanks for the laughs.
    Off to the chiropractor.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning all...
    Is that a rat, Ed? I kind of hope it's just a large mouse. Your funnies were really good this a.m. Thanks for the laughs.
    Off to the chiropractor.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)

As rats go, this one was small to medium. Much smaller, and the cage grating would have been too big and our guest would have eaten the peanut butter and fled. But I also have a couple of humane mouse traps out there that would have eventually trapped him in that case.

We don't use snap traps as they don't always kill instantly. While I am not squeamish about finishing off a rat or mouse, it is cruel to have the creature struggling, in pain, for however long it takes to die of its injuries or be finished off by a human.

On the other hand, I AM squeamish about just murdering an otherwise healthy creature that can be rehomed, hence the live capture trap(s) we use.

He has been rehomed to a small park near the Chattahoochee river. The dumpster I released him at is near the woods, in the parking area, at the far end of the park from the "people" area, and he should not be troubling anyone there. He has a fair chance at a long, fulfilling rat life, though he will need to watch out for owls, foxes, feral cats, and possibly coyotes there. And there should be good foraging in the woods for him.

• eku0
    Ed, I use snap traps for mice...I think it kills them pretty quickly....luckily we haven't had any in our new house. I don't mind creatures living outside, but I don't want them in my house. I found baby black snakes in the basement of my old house once, and I did move them outdoors. Bugs and mice, no. If I found rats in my house, I would vacate and call an exterminator. Garage not as bad as the house, but would still call an exterminator! Not a DIY for me.
  • parityanimal
    We don't have any problems with rodents in the house. But any rodent foolish enough to give that a try would have 4 cats to deal with so don't anticipate any problems in the house either. LOL.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Goodness!!
    What a catch Ed! Nice of you to rehome. So far no critters that big in the house. Nice rattlesnake a year back or so. My son killed it as it was getting in the yard with May. I have lizards getting in and while I catch some to put outside, others allude me to find little skeletons at a later time. I have spider problems. At my wits end with them . The spiders are small, practically invisible, but lots of webs which you can't remove with a hacksaw, broom or sweeper..Very tough webbing! :#
    Waiting for my step mom's Dr appt to see where we stand. Then decisions decisions..She has availed herself of some agencies, so we will see. Busy week with just lots of changes trying to coordinate people..Remember the jokes about herding cats??? :)
    May went for all her shot renewals and did great. Then we napped, lol..
    Hope everyone has a great week end!! <3
  • eku0
    Hey Jan, sounds like a lot to contend with. Stay positive and remember to take care of yourself first.
    Wishing you all a good weekend. 🦋
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, jan good luck hope there is a better answer for you from the dr. Ed it seems like in the spring we have a garden snake George and I go and get a box and drop in farther in the woods . well need to go get on the treadmill hope you all have a great Saturday we do have a vet apt for Annie to get her nails.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satifying Saturday! It looks like it will be a nice day, albeit on the cool side.

Last night we went out to buy a desk, and stopped at a Chinese hot pot restaurant on the way home. The food was delicious, but I ate way too many noodles. Other than that, it may have been the healthiest meal we had all last month, with plenty of veggies and mushrooms.

Not a lot on the agenda today. J stayed up most of the night finishing up the "some assembly required" for the desk so will likely sleep in til noon or later today. Tonight we will probably start the month off with a pizza dinner. So much for healthy food so far if we do. LOL.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Irene, good to keep up the tread mill.
    Ed, Chinese food stays with me for days...I love it, but it doesn't love me. Pizza sounds great too!
    I am sticking to my healthy diet....keeps my inflammation down.
    Foggy and 32 this morning, possible showers and a high of 44 expected today.
    No special plans.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2020
    Another slightly new scam to infect your computer is makin the rounds via compromised web sites.

Loud, annoying screech and a pop-up box, in front of, and blocking reading of, a clearly fake System Warning that purports to be from the system, that can't be interacted with. The pop-up block presumably CAN be interacted with by clicking on the OK box, but I am not falling for that nonsense.The box says:
    This site says...

Windows Firewall has detected that your Windows 10
    is damaged and irrelevant.

As a result your system files are automatically deleted.

Please follow the instructions to fix the problem
    immediately. This way you will ensure that your
    system is always protected.

[OK]

The SITE says this? Since when does a site that was supposed to just be presenting a news story give me system information that the SITE hasn't been given access to?

My WINDOWS 10 SYSTEM, which is fine, by the way, isn't giving me any error message at all, and would not be presenting them to me in that manner even if it were.

So...my firewall has not detected that my Windows 10 is damaged or irrelevant.

IRRELEVANT? That's the best scary word you could come up with? How about infected, or compromised, or anything that actually sounds believable?

And if my system files are deleted, then why is my system running just fine? No, I will not be following the instructions to fix the problem. Because there isn't one.

There are a number of ways I can close this tab without actually clicking the tab or interacting with the attempt to actually infect my computer. I will simply take advantage of one of those, clear my cache, and move on thanks.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!
    Irene good for you on that treadmill!! Still trying to get more exercise into my day. And Vix, good for you keeping to your eating to lessen inflammation. I do so well at home, but unfortunately not when going out and church. Trying to get a little more control of that. :) I am only bringing sliced cucumber to small group..buy I guess due to short sightedness I will be standing in some line with all the day before the super bowl people buying. :#
    Ed, thanks for the computer warning. I just hate those scams. I won't click but they are so annoying..and it sometimes takes a minute or two..or 10 ..to get out safely..
    Cloudy day, the napping kind here. But I sure need to do a lot of catch up things. So concentrating on that.
    Thinking of you Val. Jo, I hope you are doing well and feeling less and less distress from your nerve pain. I know it is so easy to really want it gone. A pain in the...and where it is pinched!!
    Take care all!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It's supposed to get to 61 sunny degrees here, with no chance of precipitation.

I haven't checked the official verdict from Punxsutawney Phil, but if I had a groundhog here, he would have seen his shadow for sure. All the same, I doubt we'll really have six "more" weeks of winter, since we haven't really had much of one so far. But with Mother Nature, one never knows, do one?

I can show you my bloomers already!

glh6372p7b82.png

Usually crocus is the earliest to bloom so I am a bit surprised to see this Lenten rose jumping the gun. I don't see any buds yet on the white Lenten rose, but they may be hiding under the leaves. The daffodils are not for behind, with lots of buds swelling and likely to open any day now, and I can see some grape hyacinths popping up.

Might get out to Kroger today to see if they have any of their weekend specials left. I got some on Friday morning, when the selection had not been picked over yet, so haven't missed out at all.

• IreneMurman
    good morning, Ed I got the same message but my husband got rid of it,it is great having my own IT guy . I did notice some of my flowers starting to show. Today I am going to help out at church we have having community breakfast never done it before so I will see what help I can be. take care every one
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    That's early for all your flowers, Ed. I do see some crocus popping up, and maybe some dafs or other bulb...not sure which. We sometimes get crocus in February. It has been a very warm winter so far...you never know about February and March. I always forget whether it's good for the groundhog to see his shadow or not...makes no sense to me! Logically it's warmer if there's sunshine, but I think the groundhog is the other way around.
    Good for you and Irene, getting out of the computer scam. I had just a black box pop up the other day that was hard to get rid of. I don't play along with anything I didn't put there.
    Jan and Irene, enjoy your church meals.
    We're going out to brunch with some friends this morning.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    My pain is so much better, but I still have numbness in my index and middle fingers on my left hand. I have been going to the Chiropractor 3x a week. It has helped me a lot. I have an appt.
    with the spine doc. on the 11th. I feel fine as long as I am moving around. If I sit or lay down my arm and back start to hurt. I must be pressing on the nerve.
    On a sad note, Vinny crossed over the rainbow bridge on Friday. He got to the point where he could hardly walk and was having trouble eating and using the littlebox.