Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! A bit nippy out, and not getting too warm today. I have little on the agenda, other than a routine visit with my endocrinologist. I don't expect any surprises there.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning all.
    Hope Val feels better.
    Hi Jo, hope you're feeling better.
    Irene 24 here at the moment, but going up to 44 today...back to the milder winter temps. Always have fun with our grandson!
    Jan, I didn't realize peaches were grown in Al. We still have a couple of months of winter for them to cool...I didn't realize they needed cold time.
    Ed, that is early for blueberries to bud...hope they're ok. Global warming anyone?
    They're also dismantling the clean water act...yikes, this country is reverting to pollution! Let's hope someone has the power to help our environment.
    Have a good day.
  • parityanimal
    Everything looked good (at the moment, anyway) at the Endocrinologist. We have to wait to see how the blood work looks, and the urinalysis.

Back home and in from the damp, horrid, almost sleet sprinkles, having dropped $84 and change at Aldi on the way home. I didn't even buy the one Aldi specific item I had on the list! LOL! It wasn't critical, so it can wait. I was in there before lunch, always a mistake, but we will eat all the stuff I bought. Some of it may need to be frozen though.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, well today will be busy going to Hamilton which is about 45 minute drive . I have a dental apt to get my teeth cleaned and then going to meet a girl friend for lunch take care everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Weather looks much the same as yesterday, though a bit on the colder side. It was raining when I arose. Might do a little light house cleaning today. Might not. I do want a nap as I didn't get one yesterday, with all my runnng around.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    It's in the mid 30s here now, going up to 50 today with rain expected overnight.
    I got a blood test this morning for a scheduled physical on 2/5. Put in a load of laundry.
    No plans, but will probably get out later.
    Good luck with your medical tests, Ed.
    Irene, have fun with your friend at lunch.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    I am still here. I haven't been on the computer because sitting hurts my shoulder and neck.
    I am fine at work as long as I am moving. The spine Dr. gave me some PT exercises to do and I see her again in a few weeks. I am still going to the Chiro., it is helping. I usually wake up in the middle of the night due to discomfort because it is usually time to take some pain meds.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! Cool out there and will remain so, but there is supposed to be no chance of precipitation. I don't think there is a lot to do today. Definitely run the dishwasher...

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Aw, Jo...so sorry you're still in pain. Good that you're seeing the chiro and spine Doc. Hope the PT helps. I'm glad you checked in with us. Hope you feel better soon.
    Ed, it rained here overnight, still gray and rainy out now...42 going up to 47.
    Hi Irene and Jan!
    Val, hope you're feeling better.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :smile:
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well it is pouring out side we did get our walk before it started so I am happy. My lunch was awesome it is always nice to get with friends . My mouth was actually sore last night almost like a tooth ache but it is ok today. jo I am sorry you are still in pain hope you feel better soon. hi Val andJan . Ed hope you had a chance to get your nap in . take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It's pretty chilly out there now, but supposed to get up to 53 today. I may pop out to Kroger for a few things.

Appropriately, I made chili yesterday and had that for dinner. And again for breakfast. I have an urge to buy some fat free turkey hot dogs, and low carb, high fiber, whole wheat hot dog buns so I can use some of the remaining leftover chili for chili cheese dogs, a rare pleasure. If I play it right, I can have TWO and still stay within the boundaries for a diabetic meal, barely...no sides, of course. Or I can have one and maybe a small side dish as well.

If I do get out to Kroger today, I will definitely be checking on the availibility of the hot dogs and buns I would need.

• eku0
    edited January 2020
    Hi all.
    Cloudy with a high of 43 today.
    Spent some time this a.m. looking online at possible vacations. Also changing passwords and fixing security on my google account. Someone has been putting nasty things on my calendar. I think my changes will block that.
    Going for a followup blood test for my rheumatologist tomorrow. Hopefully, my inflammation will be down.
    We spent some time with my daughter, son-in-law and grandson yesterday. It is so much fun.
    Ed, yum...a chili dog sounds delish!
    Irene, glad your mouth is feeling better. It is always so nice to get together with friends.
    No special plans for today.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, our weather here is pretty it is in the 30s didn't feel like getting on the treadmill maybe I will take Annie for a nice walk later take care all
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Cool this morning, and will be cool all day, but not too cool for me. I have given Lilo her Monday morning fluid treatment and she has disappeared, but that isn't unusual. Finished off one bag of fluid this morning and prepped the next bag so it will be ready to roll Wednesday afternoon. Despite all the medical things I have to do to her, she still wants my lap and/or to be held by me so it must not be quite as horrible as she makes it out to be while it's happening. I have often wished there were some way to communicate with my cats just enough to let them know why I am doing things. Though I am not sure I'd want to know what they have to say to me all the time!

• eku0
    Good morning.
    42 and mostly cloudy this morning. High of 46 expected.
    I have a blood test this morning, and acupuncture this afternoon.
    Will squeeze some exercise in today too...it seems to help.
    Ed, that seems like a lot of med stuff for your poor cats. You are so good to do that for them. They probably know they feel better after.
    Irene, a nice walk with Annie sounds good.
    Hi Jo, Jan, and Val. Hope you're all well.
    Wishing everyone a wonderful week ahead. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Looks like it will be a pretty nice day today. I need to get out for some cat food, but that's about all.

Woke up this morning with a carb hangover. That's what I get for taking part in National Chocolate Cake day yesterday. LOL. But it was worth it. The cake was delicious. Now it will be months before I have any of that again.

• eku0
    Hi all,
    Back from a day of stained glass and clay. In the 40s today and cloudy. Probably just take it slow the rest of the day.
    Ed, Yum...chocolate cake! I love cake....only eat it on special occasions.
    Hope everyone is having a great day! :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hello!!
    I did not realize how long it has been since I wrote. It has been a little crazy here. My stepmother lives in S.C. and is going to see an Ortho Doc around Feb 7th or so. She was in the hospital for about 5 days and rehab for 21 days. She has done well, but has weakness in her legs. It was thought to be neuropathy but the Ortho says he thinks it is compression of some nerves of her cervical area . Hence the appt. Hopefully the Dr. will be able to order in hospital rehab, and not sure if they will be fusing her neck or something else. The guy who is her very good friend there wanted to know if I could come for 2 months and take care of her and board my dog. I would not repeat what I said, lol.. :#
    But after the family pow wow here neither of my kids can watch May. Jenny teaches but her lunch is not even long enough to let her stop in halfway in the day, And my son was a definite no. Now he might, but my daughter in law has problems with her spinal cord where it joins her head so she is dealing with a lot, as she teaches full time, too.She loves animals and takes good care, but if May got out,,she would look about 15 min, and May would be on her own. :D Not the deranged absolute animal lover as I and my friends would be. Can't afford to board her that long, and wouldn't for more than 4-5 days anyway..
    The talk about what I can do and stay with May went well, so that was something. There is only a 12 year difference between us.... so visions of my bad health outdoing hers as I help her! :s
    Took most of Friday, Saturday, Sunday for church and Monday to recover from all this!!
    Jo, sorry this nerve problem stretches so long. It is a terribly long healing process and can be so reoccurring. Irene, walking with Annie just sounds so peaceful and wonderful! Ed, those are some lucky cats!!, and Vix, sounds like you will have a good week! Envy your grandbabies' age too!!
    Hope the rest of the week is good for everybody! Take care! <3
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,wow jan you sure have a lot going on . i am with you I could never put Annie put Annie in a boarding place for 2 months that's a long time. nothing really going on George has a dr apt and I will be going with him take care all
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! The weather looks about the same as yesterday, or maybe they just copied the forecast to today. Not a lot on the agenda here. Hopefully a nap.