Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Jan, sorry about your step-mom. I know you are doing what you can to help out. Good that she has friends nearby. You are always so busy with your church...I guess you really like cooking!
    Happy Saturday!
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    I just finished catching up on all your posts.
    Irene-congrats on losing 2 lbs. Your a good person and I am sure all the sick people look forward to your visits.
    Ed-I am glad Lilo's blood tests were good. I love eating eggs for dinner, like Vix said, comfort food.
    Jan-Sorry to hear about your stepmom. I hope she doesn't have to spend too much time in rehab.
    Vix-We are getting the rain/snow mix. I just looked out the window and the street seems clear and only about an inch or two on the cars.
    I was able to make it through work this week, with the help of the chiro and meds. I am going to see a spine doctor on Monday. I just have a slight ache in the left side of my neck and numbness in my index and middle fingers. Sitting bothers me the most, so my computer time will be limited.
    I hope everyone survives the wintery mix.

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! Colder today, but no chance of precipitation. I need to get out today or tomorrow to get canned food for Lilo. Probably today, since there is no chance of rain.

Other than that, not a lot on the agenda.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good Sunday morning, Jan sorry to hear about your step Mom hope every thing works out. Jo good luck at the spine dr . We did get a little of the snow/rain mix but everything is all gone now well need to get on the treadmill hope everyone has a great day
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Jo! So glad you're back! I'm glad the meds and chiro eased it up a bit for you. I hope the Spine doctor helps. A few years ago, my rheumatologist gave me an injection in my neck which helped a lot. (Not as bad as it sounds!)
    It's 37 and partly cloudy today, so all the snow/ice melted off...no shoveling required.
    Hi Ed and Irene.
    I need to do some straightening around the house today, and will probably visit our grandson for a little while later. Good day.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :smiley:
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, it is very cold outside its 22 and windy I actually had 2 pair of gloves on and my hands were still cold . no big plans for today take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! They are doing something just down the street, but not sure if it is more work on the sidewalk project or some kind of utility work. I suspect the former.

Both of us having had the two days of the weekend off, I have given Lilo her Monday fluid treatment, which she took about as graciously as always, grumping about it, and making a few small efforts to leave early, but always settling back down. I pretty much pet her and talk to her throughout the short process. Since starting with the treatments she really seems to feel better, and her appetite has improved. I am glad that, for now anyway, three times a week seems to be working out for her.

I had thought of getting out today for a couple of things I didn't get at the grocery yesterday, but that may depend on how much (and how long) today's work snarls up the traffic on the street. When I looked a bit ago, they had one lane closed off so the road was down to only the one remaining lane, which is always annoying. None of the items are critical so it's not necessary that I get out today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Cold here too, 21 with a high of 34 expected (teens overnight), pretty much the same for tomorrow. Then highs going back into the 40s starting Wednesday. I have a massage this a.m. No other special plans....need to straighten around the house, our cleaning person is coming tomorrow and I like to get rid of the clutter before she comes.
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    Well, it turns out it's not utilities OR sidewalk construction out there. They are finally re-paving the segment of road we live on. I am hoping they can get it all done today, while school is out, and I can get out tomorrow without any problems or delays.

New sidewalk...new road...I am going to feel like we moved to a fancier neighborhood!

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Happy MLK day!

Lots of doings down here for the day. This lady is staying inside. We had a low of 28 degrees and a bit of a wind. I had forgot to cover one of my plants outside so I was doing it before bed at 11pm. May may wanted to play ball, so I was outside (with my jacket!) for a little bit! Silly dog!!
    Believe it or not, for several years I have been trying to suggest sack lunch for small group so I could maybe just bring yogurt. But this is the South and Sunday meal is pretty ingrained. :# I did take small helpings!! But whatever I lose during the week, I gain back on Sunday. We had smothered pork chops, meatballs, deviled eggs, creamed potatoes, zipper peas, corn bread, rice, cheese, and broccoli casserole, homemade applesauce,marshmallow brownies, pecan pie and banana pudding, lol....I did not have the pie, though!!! And that is the South!! It is fun doing old recipes I have not used. Most of the time! Also takes me one day to buy, one day to cook, and one day to finish and bring! Getting old..used to do it in 1 day !
    Glad everyone is doing well!! Jo, I hope things continue to improve!!
    Take care in the weather, all!! :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, wow Jan that is a lot of food I don't think I would be able to pass it up. I am not really cook my husband likes pretty plain food which works for me. I don't bake because I would sit and eat it .It was even colder this morning it was like 19 really cold but no wind. don't plan on really going any where today I did think about going to get my nails done well Ed Lilo seems like she is doing good. take care all
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Cold right now, but will be a bit nicer later on. I need to bring Orion to have his ears re-checked today, and for urinalysis as I am pretty sure he left a gift from door #2 on the floor, nowhere near a litter box, yesterday morning. Someone did, and it looked like what he normally does in the box. So he may have been trying to say something.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Wow, Jan, that is a lot of food!!! All heavy too! I would not survive eating like that.
    Ed, sounds like a great refresh on your street.
    Irene, cold here today too...17 at the moment with a high expected of 35. Warmer tomorrow.
    I'm off to stained glass this a.m., then either clay or babysitting in the afternoon.
    Hope all went well with the spine doctor, Jo.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
  • Buttons61
    Hello!
    Beautiful sunny weather but cold for us. Even May May runs in and out pretty quickly! I was able to just relax yesterday and have nowhere to be today. It is so wonderful. Such a homebody!! Hope to do some reading today.I am waiting for it to warm up some so I can play ball with May and tire her out some.
    Sounds like things are going well! I hope Orion gets figured out, Ed. How are the sugar gliders doing?
    Yep, Sunday Southern dinners are a lot like being an alcoholic and being in charge of the bar for me. Working on small portions and self control. I also do not like to eat so early..Then I get hungry later on from the carbs and the hours till bed! It is a work in progress for me!!
    Take care all!! Enjoy a little warming!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well it is another cold day here. Today I go to visit the sick not much going on . May May is actually smart hurry and get out of the cold, Annie still wants her walks even in the cold take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Cold as the dickens out there, but should be a bit nicer this afternoon. Other than Lilo's fluid treatment, not a lot on the agenda today. Hopefully a nap this afternoon.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    15 at the moment, going up to 39 today. We'll probably go grocery shopping later. Nothing special planned for today.
    Babysat yesterday for a little while in the afternoon. It's so much fun watching babies as they learn to do things. He crawls really fast now and is pulling himself up to stand, also using a spoon by himself which is so cute. He's always smiling and has an infectious laugh! 😁
    What do you like to read, Jan? I read a lot...I love fiction.
    I hope you have a good visit, Irene.
    Ed, how cold does it get? You're in Ga, yes? Is the cold unusual?
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    eku0 wrote: »

Ed, how cold does it get? You're in Ga, yes? Is the cold unusual?

It's rare for it to get below about the mid teens. In fact, even the mid teens are actually pretty rare. The cold we have had so far this year is actually not bad at all. And we have had way too many warm days. I am not sure whether I will have any blueberries this year or not, as the bushes are already trying to bud.
  • Buttons61
    Good morning all.
    It is slightly warmer and the weekend should be around 60. The nights are in the 30's still. This area of Al. is known for great peaches, so we also need more cold. So far the orchards have had only about 1/3 the cold they usually do. I am sure Feb will bring a few cold days. We usually have an early spring also, then freeze or ice hits!
    I like to read fiction also, esp. historical fiction. I also read a lot of Christian books and all around biographies. At the moment I am ploughing thru C.S. Lewis Complete Classics and just finished "The Band Played On" by Christopher Ward. It is based on a story of one of the Titanic's crew.
    Today is a quiet day also. I should go to the store, but I see me putting that off until tomorrow. I am trying to get excited about playing ball with May May outside. If she kept moving it would be good..but she can sure get distracted by every little smell and movement! ( sight hound..). :)
    I did hear from Val. She had the norovirus from her cruise pretty badly. Her daughter had it too, just not so bad.. She is really in a time crunch due to her work.
    Enjoy the day all!! Take care!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, sorry to hear val is sick hope she starts to feel better. Well it is only like 20 here but this weekend is suppose to get warmer. Vix sounds like you had a nice time with your grandson. Ed hope your blueberries will be ok well take care hi jo and val