Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! I have finished with the colchicine treatment, and will reserve the remaining prescription strength ibuprofen for use as needed, per my doctor's advice.

Orion has a slight bacterial skin condition in his ears and he is not at all enjoying the cold ear drops I have to rub into his ears twice a day. Last night he forgave me and laid in my lap for a while, but this morning he is still wary of me from this morning's dose. I am sure he will get over that. He's not the first cat I have had to apply those drops to, and may very well not be the last.

Lilo will get a fluid treatment later today, which is still more fun for me. Well, when one has four cats, one has whatever problems those four cats have. All part of the "agreement" made with the cat at adoption.

I might get out to the grocery today, but probably not. Right now it is cold out there, but is supposed to be quite nice this afternoon.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning all.
    It's still freezing out and a tiny bit more snow this a.m., but it's less than an inch on the pavement, which turned icy overnight. Will wait til it warms up a bit later to make sure it gets cleared off.
    I stopped off at the restaurant (I mistakenly dropped my pretty green scarf there when I met my friend for lunch on Monday) yesterday after my stained glass class, but apparently someone liked the scarf as much as I did and walked off with it. Oh well. I have others.
    No special plans for today. Getting back on track with diet and exercise.
    Irene, good for you for visiting the hospital.
    Ed, you'le a good pet daddy.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi!
    32 degrees last nite..and a warm spring day if you are in the sun!! Dinner with girlfriend today and some cleaning to still do tomorrow. Back on track somewhat, but Sundays still derail me for weight loss. Hopefully I can try to work on that! Snow sounded nice! Icy spots not so much! Just enjoying the sunshine after a lot of rainy days!! Hope the doc visit went well, too, Ed! You are a great cat owner going above and beyond the norm!!
    I cannot believe someone did not turn in your scarf! Could you have lost it elsewhere, Vix?
    Take care all!! B)
  • eku0
    Jan, I didn't go anywhere else. It had to be there. It's disappointing. I'm glad you've got your diet back on track. The snow was pretty and luckily it all melted off the pavement by noon, so didn't even have to shovel. Enjoyed the sunshine here too. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! The orange and white barrels in front of our house are finally gone! There are still a few left in a couple of nearby areas where the sidewalk crew is still working, but none in front of our house. There are a couple of spots where they still need to pour sidewalk, and one entry way that has to be re-poured as they had to tear it up to re-do the culvert under it.

When they packed the beauty strip for our house with dirt, they uprooted my mailbox yet again and when they re-planted it, they didn't get it quite deep enough to be stable and it's a little bit too high up. I spoke to the site manager yesterday and he said he would take care of that. They need to dig it a couple of inches lower. They still have to do some work on the mailbox next door too, so I will wait and see if they actually take care of mine when they do that. If not, I can do it myself. Again.

Nothing on the agenda for today, I think, except Orion's ear drops. I got laundry finished yesterday. Breakfast was left over pot roast and sides from last night's dinner.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Well, the snow melted off the pavement yesterday, so no shoveling needed. It's 19 this morning, with a high of 36 expected today. So, an actual winter day. Supposed to go into the 50s tomorrow and 60s on Saturday.
    I'm off to painting class this morning.
    Ed, I hope they fix your mailbox for you....that's heavy work.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)
  • Buttons61
    Hi!
    Quiet day today. Worked some on the yard and a few minor things. The day went too quick!! I will be happy when the time changes! I have to shop Friday for Sunday small group, but it could be worse. I may get at home time without it putting me to sleep! Waiting to see how the severe weather sets up for Saturday. May May will probably sleep through it all!! Bouncy kind of weather!! :)
    Happy Friday!! :#
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, vix it has been cold here also but still in the 20s but this weekend it is suppose to get in the 60s which is so different normally we are very cold but I will take the nice sunny days. Jan I hope the storm passes fast for May May . Ed hope they fix your side walk hi jo val. Vix sorry to hear about your scarf.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Fairly warm today, with 20% chance of precipitation. I am awaiting a wine delivery, which requires an adult signature. I think they will let me sign without proof of age. LOL.

At any rate, I have nowhere I have to go today. If I did, it would have to wait until the wine arrives or gets a delivery exception.

• eku0
    Hi all.
    Warming up today, and the sun's out, so that's quite pleasant.
    Took my daughter to get lasik surgery this morning. It was really fast, and she felt fine afterwards, just needs to rest today and wear dark glasses for a few days. Pretty cool.
    Jan, hope you don't get the severe weather.
    Irene, it's supposed to go up to 67 here tomorrow, before cooling down again.
    Ed, I thought your wine deliveries were just for the holidays! How often do those come? Is is a wine club?
    Hi Jo and Val.
    No other plans for me for today. I'd like to get out for a while, it's really pretty nice out!
    Enjoy the rest of your day!
  • parityanimal
    eku0 wrote: »

Ed, I thought your wine deliveries were just for the holidays! How often do those come? Is is a wine club?

It's a club, but I only get deliveries when I choose to. I think there is an option to get regularly scheduled deliveries, but I would not want that as I am not a regularly scheduled wine drinker. :)

I had a $30 coupon code that I wanted to use before I forgot I had it, so I ordered a crate of various bottles of white, because I have plenty of red wine on hand already.

And here it is!

o2czz8a293c0.png

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's soggy Saturday. Or at least that is the prediction. We will see how true it is. Not much on the agenda today. If it is as soggy as expected, it will be a great day for a nap!

• eku0
    Good morning. Thanks for keeping the funnies coming, Ed.
    Cloudy here and high of 66 expected. It's gradually going to cool down to winter temps by Thursday/Friday...then cold winter after that.
    No special plans for today...probably some housework, may go see my grandson later.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, vix pretty cool what they can do now I thought about getting lasik surgery but talked myself out of it glad she is doing good. our weather here 64 but it is suppose to get to 68 pretty warm for us. take care
  • Buttons61
    Hi!
    Glad everyone is doing well. I am pretty sure we had more rain than my rain gauge could hold. It is in the 60's but so cold and damp it feels colder. Al. was lucky. We did have some a tornado that resulted in 2 people who died. :'( Trees falling. But we did not have the swarm of tornadoes we were expecting. Thank goodness. The wind was pretty steady and I am sure we will be flooding down river. Ed, hope Georgia was not bad. I was able to get out after the storms and get communion set for Sunday. Actually a busy couple of days coming up. And May May slept thru everything.. :# Enjoy that unseasonal weather all. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday.

We actually got out in all that mess last night. J just happened to wait until it was about at its worst to decide we needed to get some parts at MicroCenter. I insisted on dinner out, since we were about as soaked as we were going to get. Fortunately, by the time we got out of MicroCenter, the rain had lessened in severity. We drove to El Porton in Duluth for a nice dinner and then came home, where everything appeared to be in order, with no power loss.

I may get out today for a couple of grocery items, and some cat food.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Irene, it was very warm (and cloudy) here yesterday too...I think it went up to about 70! It was very windy and rainy overnight, and the high expected today is 59 and partly cloudy...then gradually getting to winter temperatures this week. This may be the end of our warm spell.
    Jan, glad you weren't hit by the tornadoes. There was one that came through here last year, skipped by us but hit our TJMaxx (which reopened just before x-mas), and some of our surrounding neighborhoods. How long is the tornado season in Al?
    Ed, glad you weathered the storm ok too. Nice to get out for dinner once in a while.
    America (and the world) has to wake up and pay attention to Mother Earth, not destroy it!
    Hi Jo and Val.
    No special plans for today, hope to get out for a little while.
    Happy Sunday, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well right now it is 65 but as the day goes on it is suppose to get colder. We had a windy night I could hear our flag out side blowing in the wind. Annie had to go outside at 1:30 am and I went out with her and it was warm. Jan so glad May May slept threw the storm. Ed glad you had a nice dinner out. hi Val and jo hope everything is good
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! I need to get out around lunchtime to get cat food, at the least. Not a lot else on the agenda this rainy day.

• eku0
    Good morning all,
    Cloudy here, high in the 50s today...cooling down to winter this week.
    Have things to do around the house.
    Happy Monday! :)