parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    u09nf9zsm2va.png
  • parityanimal
    d7x20q4ek7mp.png
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2020
    Oops! Looks like I accidentally put some of the funnies in this thread. Oh, well...enjoy! I will copy them over to the correct thread too.

Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Another miserable, rainy day here in Peachtree Corners. I don't think I have to go anywhere today and won't, if that remains the case.

So definitely a "take it easy" kind of day. A little light laundry might creep into the picture sometime during the weekend.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hi!
    Sounds like we are all dragging a bit from the holidays!! I LOVE Calvin and Hobbes!!!! <3 Glad you posted wrong, Ed!, lol..I know there are posts of Calvin & Hobbs. I have them bookmarked!!
    We are raining still here too. Flood warnings are posted for South of Montgomery in the usual places. I am soaked, but (Knock Knock) do not flood. I was going shopping but I think I will wait and go Sat. I can work on my budget and new calendar. Not much desire to move.. :)
    Irene, the rolls taste just as good deconstructed. I pretend I just had cut them up, lol.. :#
    My daughter joined Weight Watchers,,They are now known as WW. (sigh and eye roll!). They have brought the forums back, more or less. They must have lost money. Roger would be getting such a kick out of this! We all moved to MFP because they dropped them and everyone was unhappy. I guess they waited to make a graceful comeback !
    Val and Em was sick on coming home of the cruise but are better now. Jo, hope the car is working out!! Vix, nice you got out for your art. It is a little more restful now, without the holidays!! ;)
    Take care all!! <3
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Hi all.
    Jan sounds a lot like my Mom's stuffed cabbage, except she used to put raisins in the filling and not add brown sugar. Yum.
    Ed, thanks for continuing to put up the funnies. I appreciate the smiles.
    Hope Val and Em are feeling better.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    Wishing everyone a nice weekend. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, well it is going to be a raining day here in the mills .We were going to take down the decorations out side but we are going to wait a couple of days we have bows and lights and garland on our fence I well take it down when it dries out a little. Ed I enjoyed the funnies. how are you feeling? Jan I have never done ww but do you think the changes are do to oprah not being involved any more. Val hope you and em are feeling better. hey jo take care everyone
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Irene, cloudy here too with possible rain this afternoon, but still wet from yesterday. Hubby took down the lights a couple of days ago on a dry warm day. It's still pretty warm here, high of 58 expected. No special plans for today.
    Happy Weekend, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! I have been up for hours, but distracted by this and that. I am about to be distracted by a nap.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    All my decorations are down with the exception of the wreath on the front door. We had rain yesterday, also. Today is supposed to be sunny and very windy with a high of about 35.
    My only plans today are to go to the gym and do a little housework.
    I am still struggling with the weight I put on over the holidays.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! Cold out there but supposed to warm up to about 50 with sunny skies. Not a lot on the agenda for today. Might do some laundry, and might get out to a grocery, but there isn't anything critical.

And if it's not critical and it's very much physical activity...IT CAN WAIT.

What littly I need from the grocery isn't that heavy and I am sure I could manage easily. Likewise, the laundry. But neither is critical, so they may wait anyway.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    It was very windy last night, cloudy and windy today and a little cooler, high of 40 expected.
    Sounds like we're all having a relatively quiet Sunday. A trip to the grocery store, maybe a little laundry and a little cleaning.
    Trying to go on the elliptical a few minutes every day, just to keep my joints from getting too stiff.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It should be sunny and warm today, though it's pretty frigid right now. Schools should be ramping back up, so traffic on our road will be back to normal, since there is an elementary school just up the street.

I have given Lilo her fluid treatment for today, and have to take her to the vet for a urinalysis. In a week or so, it's back for a re-check on her blood work.

Meanwhile I have my "wellness check-up" at 9:30, and I'll be discussing my recent hospital visit with the doctor, and I am sure he will bring up the need for a colonoscopy, since I am 60 years old. Joy.

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good Morning!!
    We are having fairly warm days in the 60's and sometimes will be 70. The nights are occasionally freezing interspersed with 40's and 50's. Just enough bouncing to be crazy!! :)
    Well, there were a few people surprised they did not get to eat lunch at church. Our small group met and we had lunch and discussion and I was elected to organize small group lunches. At least we are about 16 people...easier than 50+or so.
    It promises to be a busy week. Much busier than I would like. Wasn't retirement supposed to be resting easier?
    I need to go to the base and get my refill meds. And shop for a friend for her B-day. No ideas of what to get as it is just after Xmas giving!! I am supposed to go to Birmingham on Sat. to see (again) Les Mez. My daughters all time favorite musical. We have seen it several times, but it will be off the circuit for probably 5-7 years. And of course it is turning out to be a severe weather day forecast with heavy rains, possible tornadoes. This one looks to be fairly strong. Since I was hit my a log truck several years ago this will not be my ideal traveling weather. I am already stressed. I also usually set communion up later Sat, and need to cook for Sunday. I am not quite sure how to do all that at the same time. I had told my daughter I would give my ticket to a friend if the weather was bad, so that is an option. I hate to plan so far in advance sometimes because when the small details come together..it seems like a logistical nightmare!! :D
    Vix, never heard of the raisins in the cabbage rolls, but I am going to try it soon. Sounds so good!!Irene, I have not really kept up with WW but that sounds very plausible about Opry. I had not realized she was involved with them.Sometimes I live under a rock!! LOL!! Jo, you can lose those last pounds!! With some good weather maybe you can get to take some of your hikes..if we get some good weather!! Ed, good luck at the Dr!! Good job relaxing some!! Take care all!!!! <3
  • eku0
    Hi all. Went for a massage this a.m, then out to lunch with a friend. It was nice to see her. No special plans for the rest of the day.
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    hi all , I had a problem trying to get on this site before so that is why I am on so late our weather here is around 40 but by Friday it will be close to 60 I will take that hope everyone has a nice evening
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well yesterday all our Christmas decoration are put away for another year. we are suppose to get rain and snow today but nothing is suppose to stick take care all. Ed hope your dr visit was ok
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Nothing surprising at the doctor. I am to finish my prescriptions and then monitor to make sure the pericarditis is not trying to make a comeback.

I got Lilo to the vet and her urinalysis looked good as far as her UTI being cleared up. In about another week we need to check her bloodwork again to see if the we need to increase the fluid treatments or take any other action.

Today I get to take Kiara and Orion for their annual stuff. Whee!

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Off to stained glass class...supposed to be rain and snow starting about noon.
    Have a good day. :)
  • eku0
    snowing, snowing, snowing.❄❄⛄
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well we never got any snow but when we walked this morning there was some icy spots I guess the little rain we had yesterday froze last night. well today I will be going to Deborah to visit the sick I haven't been there in a couple of weeks because of the holidays. Vix hope you didn't get too much snow. hope everyone is good. Ed hope all the vet visit went ok take care all.