Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    Buttons61 wrote: »

You and your brother looked so alike! Everyone here has those plaid shirts!! Great pictures!!

You may notice that I didn't have a full beard or even goatee in that picture either! LOL.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Hi all. Busy day. Art class then out to lunch with a friend. Stopped by to see my grandson for a few minutes.
    Jo, a dexascan is to test your bone density. I have osteopenia which is a precursor of osteoporosis, so they check every so often to make sure it's not getting worse. Glad you got your car straightened out and I hope your cold lazer treatment went well.
    Irene, that sounds like a very frosty walk this morning!
    Ed, you look so much like your brother! The 1980s shouldn't be that long ago! Nice looking sidewalk. I really like having sidewalks, my old neighborhood didn't have them. The only drawback here is that you have to clean them when it snows.
    Jan, that is cold for the south! Enjoy your Chinese.
    Stay warm, everyone and have a good night! :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, it is cold here also but warmer than yesterday it was 20 but no wend made a big difference. Not too much going on today need to go to the commissary to pick up food for you people that don't know what it is ,it is a food store on ft dix I go every Friday not sure if I really save that much but it is like 3 minutes from my home .George is taking a half day today and Monday he has a lot of time to use . Ed it is never easy when it is time to let our pets go but we try and give them a great live. Jan I am sure your pup loves his life the way it is as long as he can be with you our pets really don't ask for much just love. well take care everyone need to get on the treadmill
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! They still have a little bit of sidewalk to pour on the other side of our driveway, on across the neighbor's driveway, and they still have to pour the lower part of her driveway, that they tore up months ago, to install the new drainage conduit. I think she may be out of town this weekend, so that would work out well for her, if so. If not, she and her daughter can park in our driveway for a couple of days. My vehicle is the only one home right now, and I don't get out that much.

Here is a picture from December 20th, three years ago, of me, an old friend from high school, and one of my younger sisters, taken at a mall, by the old friend's husband. Or is that me? Maybe it's Santa Claus, incognito...as you can see, I was a bit heavier 3 years ago.

brvcxffnnt87.png

Day 20 in the wine calendar is back to France again.

2tc0fghbqnau.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Irene, nice that the commissary is so close. I think you do get a lot of bargains there, a nice perk for our veterans and their families.
    It's cold here too, another 19 degree morning, but supposed to go up to 37 today and sunny. I'm usually pretty happy as long as it's sunny. :)
    I have a massage later this morning, and will pick up some holiday candles at Michaels that I ordered last night while I'm there. They were sold out locally.
    Wishing everyone a fabulous Friday! Enjoy the sunshine. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's cool and partly rainy today.

They still have some clean-up and finishing touches to do on the sidewalk project, but yesterday I think they finished all the concrete on our street. My neigbor's last bit of sidewalk was poured yesterday, along with the small adjoining portion of our yard, on the north side of the driveway, and the neigdbor's lower driveway replacement. I think she is out of town for the weekend and had requested that the last bit be done at this time so she wouldn't have to worry about getting in and out while the concrete cures, or being in my way by using our driveway, which would not have been a problem for me. I can understand her not wanting to intrude though.

As the sidewalk in front of our house had cured for a couple of days, they opened it to pedestrian traffic yesterday afternoon, I took a walk ahter dinne, up the hill to the elementary school, and back. Would you believe through the snow, barefoot, and uphill to come back too? No - I didn't think so. LOL

Day 21 in the wine countdown calendar visits California again.

jbxmhq2sevpf.png

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    good morning, Ed that's a really nice picture. take care
  • eku0
    edited December 2019
    Hi all.
    Was in the 20s this morning, partly cloudy with a high of 40 expected. Warmer for the next few days.
    Went to TJMaxx early this morning to avoid most of the crowds. Picked up a few things. Still not finished.
    Need to do some wrapping and some straightening this weekend. Our cleaning person is coming on Monday, and I don't like to have clutter when she comes.
    I am having a hard time getting into the holidays this year...just not feeling it. I have a week to work on that!
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :) 🤶🎅 🎄🕎
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Nice picture, Ed. Yeah for your sidewalk and driveway being done.
    Vix-The holiday season just seemed to come so fast. I am no really into it either. I am usually all prepared by this time.
    Irene-Nice that the commissary is so close.
    Hi Jan and Val.
    I spent yesterday making cookies. I have one more batch to make this morning. This afternoon my daughter and I are going to see Irvin Berlin's White Christmas and out to eat after the show. If it is not too cold, we may walk around Boston and look at the Christmas lights.
    I have to work Monday and Tuesday and then I have the rest of the week off. I have an appt. to finally have the remote start put in my car next Saturday.
    Happy Sunday! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's soggy Sunday! 100% chance of rain on this cool day, and my trick knee is feeling it. I will still try to get in a mile or more of indoor walking. If I had room for a treadmill I would consider one, but I KNOW that it would turn into a clothes rack anyway, so why waste the money? As for a gym membership...I tried that once but stopped going because of weather and other traffic problems, so I just work out what I can do on my own without spending money I can't really afford anyway.

Indoor walking around in the house confuses the heck out of the cats. They don't know WHAT I am up to and Dinah sometimes follows me around for a while trying to figure it out. A little extra exercise won't hurt her either. I do have to keep an eye out for any traps (toys or "gifts") they may leave in the way, but it's doable.

It is raining now and supposed to roid ALL DAY. I am not going anywhere. I had dinner out with a friend last night (soup and salad at Panera Bread) and stopped at Publix on the way home to get whatever I might need until after Christmas (I hope) so I won't have to worry about that.

Day 22 in the wine countdown calendar is this Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand.

13jt4o1jbbzn.png

• eku0
    16189-happy-chanukah.jpg
    Hi all.
    Busy day, running around and trying to get things organized around the house. Did not get enough done. oh well. Tomorrow.
    Jo, that sounds like so much fun. Enjoy the show and the rest of the day. Glad you have most of the week off and that your car will be getting done.
    Ed, sounds like you're all set!
    Have a good night everyone. :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello all!!
    I am waiting for the ark to float by, hoping to catch a ride!! It has been raining steadily since Sat. nite, often quite heavy. I can barely push May May to get outside. We should have an end to the rain sometime on Monday, dry out on Tuesday and be sunny and 70 degrees by Christmas Day! A Christmas miracle because it is dark, cold, windy, and very damp at the moment!!...Well, it IS nite, but it was dark all day!! :#
    I simply went to church. They were having a brunch but I cooked yesterday for a friend that was out of the hospital. I figured the church would get it together without me, and I was right!! :) Really enjoyed the service though!
    We are getting together on Tuesday at my son's for our Christmas Eve Lunch. My daughter will be there too. We are having chili, garlic bread, cheese toast, and cinnamon rolls. It is always non traditional unless we get crazy and did not get enough turkey at Thanksgiving! There may be Bailey's Irish Cream involved too! Goes very well with cinnamon rolls!! Don't laugh at my pairing, Ed!!!
    My debit account was hacked Thursday, but the bank was on top of the situation. By Friday I had a report submitted and a new card. Monday I will go back in and they will help me with an app that will ding me in real time for transactions. They are also crediting my account. Apparently someone spent 50 dollars at Chick Fil A, then went shopping at a Fashionista in Fla. Bless their hearts...... I would at least have gone to a high end restaurant!! :D
    I was enjoying Quiet Christmas. My daughter in law had missed my email about if the kids wanted anything in particular, so I was set with the preferred money. Weds. I got a small list with like 2 items apiece, but could not get them all by Christmas. Got 3, and the fourth will be later. So last minute wrapping and juggling..which I am not fond of. My daughter in law apologised for timing..just a mix up on both our parts..I do hate last minute deadlines and hate to wrap though!! I will enjoy Christmas..just not tonite and Monday, lol..I feel Christmas when home with May..and will with our family, I am sure.But I am a little "peopled out". Too much interaction with the introvert that I am.
    Everyone take care!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Well we had a nice weekend nothing special oh I made stuffed peppers they came out pretty good I don't think I ever made them before. our weather here was 30 degrees this morning it was a nice since last week we had it at 19 and 20 degrees take care
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    27 and partly cloudy this morning, with a high expected of 52. Frost on the rooftops and grass. So warmer here than last week too.
    Irene, stuffed peppers are good...I haven't made them in a while...I'm not really supposed to eat peppers anymore.
    Jan, glad your rain is going to stop in time for the holiday. I like Bailey's in coffee. That's awful about your debit account, but great that the bank was right there to save and fix it! Sounds like it may have been someone really in need. Enjoy your festivities!
    I'm going to try to get everything straightened up before my cleaning person comes at noon today. There is clutter all over the place!
    Have a good day everyone...Happy Christmas eve eve! ;) 🤶🎅🎄🎁🕎
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Still raining here, but we may have some respite for a while in the middle of the day. That was the wettest weekend we have had in a while! That may prove to be a good thing here as our mailbox was set too close to the road and I need to get the workers to move it a foot or so to one side and 6 inches or so back, so that it won't hang over the curb at all. Or just do it myself. But it's easier with two people doing it. The ground should be about as diggable as it's going to get!

I've given Lilo her fluid treatment (and treats) and she is now grooming to clean off any drops of fluid and my cooties from gently holding her in place while the drip ran. She is taking the treatment very well, all things considered. She doesn't like it, and would leave if she could but isn't really fighting me at all. I have the bag set up in the laundry room, hanging off a clothing rack/shelf. I have a towel for her draped over the rod, that I lay on the dryer. She gets two treats to eat right off, and then has to recline on the towel while gravity does its thing and the drip drips, which really doesn't take long at all, just a few minutes. I talk to her and scritch under her chin (she loves that) while it drips, and when the appropriate volume has gone in, shut it off, pull the day's needle out, give her two more treats, and put her on the floor, open the door to the laundry room to let her out, and clean up for the next time. Easy peasy for now.

Day 23 (one day left in the calendar now, Christmas Eve) is back to Australia.

4a3ixnty4oiy.png

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Happy Chanukah! (a few days late) :(
    Jan-I am glad your account got straightened out and quickly.
    Ed-The treatments must make Lilo feel better, if she is not fighting you when you give them.
    Have you enjoyed all of your wine so far?
    Irene-I like stuffed peppers, but the peppers don''t like me. What did you stuff them with?
    Hi Vix.
    Yesterday it was in the 50's, felt like a spring day. Finally got Christmas dinner sorted out.
    Ham, stuffed shells, meatballs, zucchini gratin, rolls and ricotta cheese cake and tiramisu for dessert. Do you think that is enough food for 3 people? lol :p
    My last day of work until next Tues.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal

For Christmas Eve, day 24, the last day in the wine countdown calendar, we visit France again.

While still not overly fond of the bubbles themselves, I am, over the years, slowly developing a better appreciation of sparkling wines. Some of them can be quite tasty.

ckauprn0pgr0.png

The poor little calendar now looks so sad and empty...but it needn't be sad. I have enjoyed the daily discovery, and liked all the wines, some more than others, of course. But I enjoyed them all and I am sure I will enjoy this last one too.

orufcmdm43lx.png
    xwaui0z7m5uk.png

Tomorrow I open the first door in the New Year, sparkling wine countdown calendar I bought at Aldi.

8bpm729op29e.png
    rghffgkh121v.png
    hvzy3anqum6m.png

• eku0
    edited December 2019
    Good morning.
    Jo, right on time...it lasts 8 days! ;) Thanks. Enjoy your time off! Christmas dinner sounds delish!
    I think next weekend I am making potato pancakes, homemade applesauce, sour cream, cole slaw, vegetarian lentil soup, (maybe also butternut squash soup, so people have a choice), my daughter said she would bring mac and cheese, and we will have donuts, cookies, and chocolates for dessert. Will also put out some fish, cheese, and crackers as appetizers. I've invited my son's in-laws who are vegetarian, so I think this will work.
    TFC-Happy-Chanukah.png
    224400-Good-Morning-Happy-Christmas-Eve.jpg

Have a great day, everyone. :)🤶🎅🎄🕎

• eku0
    Nice wine, Ed....I love the bubbly ones. :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited December 2019
    Wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas Eve and a very Merry Christmas! <3

Everyone's dinners sound so wonderful and include a lot of my favorite things!! I know you will enjoy the time!

Glad Lilo is responding so well to treatments Ed! You take very good care of your "creatures!!". Such a welcome change from some of the people down here! Over here? LOL!

I tried to send some e-mails to Val, but they are coming back undeliverable. We've kept in touch a long time, though I know it was hard for her time-wise. Heart is a little heavy there...And after posting this 10 minutes ago I got an email from Val!! Christmas miracle..I will take it!! She is heading for a trip to Mexico. But at least she is fine!! (now worrying about the travel bans to part of Mexico--hope they will be fine!!)

Take care all! Blessings!! :)