Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    Buttons61 wrote: »

Ed, your glasses look great! Very Airy! The wine calendar is sure making me smile..Love it!! Do you have any Asti Spumante wine in your area? Every now and then I can find Asti Cinzano ..Maybe I am too old and they do not make it anymore, lol!!

Oh, they still make it. I see it in a few stores, and a bit more so near New Year as some people prefer it over Champagne. Or perhaps their wallets prefer it, as real, French, Champagne can be a bit pricy. I'm not too fond of the sparkling wines myself, though I do usually get a bottle of something like that for midnight on New Year's Eve, assuming I can make it to midnight.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, Annie had a pretty bad day yesterday after her morning walk she had a seizure so I just stayed glued to her to make sure she was ok .But today she seems to be better so needless to say I over eat all the wrong food and no treadmill I think I am a stress eater . Ed your glasses look really nice on you.We never got any snow which is nice .hope val is enjoying her traveling take care everyone
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    Good morning all.
    Irene, hope Annie is ok...that must be scary. I am a stress eater too. I had a day yesterday, will just get back on track today.
    Jan, glad you have some new medicine that is helping. Our weather here is mostly in the 40s for now, occasionally in the 30s or 50s and down to the 20s and 30s overnight. It's December. I kind of remember Decembers being colder.
    Ed, thanks for continuing to put the humor out. I really appreciate that. I like a bottle of bubby for NYE too.
    Hi Jo and Val... hope you're not working too hard!
    We didn't work on the fridge yesterday, because my husband got a call, and got his electric car. I was stressed out helping him get all the paperwork together so we could go pick it up.
    But it's really nice.
    Off to painting and drawing class this morning.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Today they are scheduled to finally put the bottom half of my driveway back in, in conjunction with the sidewalk project. I am prepared to stay home. Plenty of food, and drinkable water.

Speaking of water, it looks like they may be moving my water meter today too, based on what they dug yesterday, by the road near it. It looks like they may be planning to have it right in the sidewalk. That would certainly make it easier for access in the future. Hopefully they will let me know before they turn my water off to do that.

Day 5 in the wine calendar is from New Zealand.

56at6tthj16i.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    I eat when I am happy..and eat when I am stressed..I may be doomed, lol!!! :#
    Irene, hope Annie is better. That would be very frightening and stressful for sure. I am sure she is so glad you are close by!! <3
    Paperwork lately for anything can be stressful! Vix, sounds so wonderful and economical!! What color??
    Hi Val, Hi Jo!!
    Take care all!! :)
  • eku0
    It's Pearl White, Jan. It's very pretty.
    And we fixed the fridge this afternoon, cleared out the ice on the bottom and cleaned out the drain. Lots of time on the floor and up and down...I feel like I've been run over by a truck, but proud that we were able to fix it ourselves. Glad it's done. :)
  • parityanimal
    They poured the driveway, finally!

6vrs5xd00hiw.png
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-how exciting getting a new car! Do you think hubby will let you drive it. ;)
    My husband likes standards. He says it is so I can't drive his vehicles.lol I never learned to drive a standard and am not about to start now. Kudos on fixing the fridge by yourselves.
    Jan-Your Thanksgiving game sounds like a lot of fun. I bet you had a lot of laughs. I am glad your new medicine is helping.
    Irene-I hope Annie is doing better. It is very scary when they have a seizure. Is she on medicine for the seizures?
    Ed-very smart new glasses. Driveway is looking good.
    Hi Val.
    We still have quite a bit of snow. The first of next week is supposed to be up in the 50's and rainy, so I suspect it will all go away soon.
    I have been to the gym this morning, did laundry and am getting ready to go grocery shopping and run a few other errands. I am off work until Tuesday.
    Have a great day!

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jo, I don't really want to drive it just yet...it's different. The car slows down by lifting your foot lightly off the pedal, and will stop if you lift it completely off. Hubby has gone to orientation classes. I think it would take a little getting used to. He was fine with it driving it home. I can drive a standard shift though it's been a while. I think I'll stick with my own car for now. ;) Enjoy your time off. How much snow did you get?
    Ed, glad your driveway is done. Yay!
    I've already been on my elliptical this morning, haven't been on in several days and need to work out some kinks! Need to do laundry, and have a chiropractor appt this morning.
    Tomorrow is our anniversary (44 years). And Sunday we will be meeting the kids for brunch. So we have a busy weekend coming up.
    Happy Friday, everyone. Happy Weekend! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! The driveway is still curing, but looks great. I am sure that by tomorrow it will be fine to drive on. I saw a couple of the workers standing on it already this morning so it's hard enough to walk on.

Not a lot on the agenda today. I think I will go through some old boxes of stuff from the last move and try to be ruthless with the discards. I wouldn't be surprised to find some boxes from the move before that! We have never been good about going through them right after moving as we should. We are making headway though as we want to turn the junk room into more usable space. Right now one corner of it is sort of usable...

The day 6 wine selection is from right here in the good old USA. California, to be a bit more precise.

gkrz39xpd41d.png

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    While cleaning out some boxes from our last move (yes, it WAS about 8 years ago...) I found a Christmas time picture of me when I was about 21. Maybe 22, but I think 21. Ah, if only I could go back in time and tell that young man a thing or two...not that he would listen. LOL.

3vt2ckkyz1pv.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! They rescheduled the move of the water meter to today, so I will have no water for a few hours of the day, but don't know exactly when. I guess they will be here when they get here, if they get here at all. I wouldn't be surprised to have it rescheduled again to Monday but we will see.

Still well on the right side of 200 pounds and hoping to get on the right side of 190, but not in any hurry. After all, how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

The wine for day 7 of the wine calendar takes us back to France.

tiq0cdnyy0ye.png

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning, Wow vix the car sounds nice I think I would drive my own car also. Jo Annie is doing good no new medicine we will see when her next seizure is they don't like to put them on medicine, we go back to the heart dr in February so we will find out more than. She seems fine but I am really keeping a close eye on her. Well Ed at least your drive way is done hopefully you aren't out of water too long. Vix happy anniversary ! viz so glad your freezer is fixed. Jo enjoy your time off hi jan and val
  • eku0
    Good morning all. Thanks for the anniversary wishes. :)
    Ed, good that your driveway is fixed! I guess the new water meter will be put in when they're ready. Anyway, sometimes it's good to get household things updated. It's always fun to see old pictures. I wish I could go back and tell my 21 year old self things too!
    Irene, I'm glad Annie is doing well. How old is she now? I know you are taking great care of her. She sounds like a wonderful pet.
    I've watered my plants, and put in a load of laundry so far today. We'll go out later to celebrate.
    Happy Weekend, everyone! :smiley:
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hi All.
    Happy Anniversary, Vix! Hope it was wonderful!! (By the time you read this, lol..!)
    Jo, enjoy your time off!! Congrats to you on going to the gym, and you, Irene, on the elliptical! I found that hard to do when going to the gym. You have to be coordinated..I am not, lol... :# All of us I am pretty sure, would have stuff to tell our younger self!! I know I would too..Ed, your driveway, sidewalk and meter will be great when they are done. My son had the same thing not too long ago. That is a lot of work, people and trucks!!!! Your picture still looks a lot like you!! Congrats on keeping on the good side of 200!!! :) Hi Val!
    I had no idea driving the electric cars was so particular. Not sure I could handle all that, though I can drive a stick. I find myself getting too mixed up when I try to change too much and have too many techy things to deal with at the same time..
    Watered a little inside and out and raked some leaves. I have to shop a little for Sunday guest lunch. We may be changing it some after the first of the year. Then on to cooking and gathering for Sunday. That is what is hard for me. All that carrying! We are in the 60's now, but it feels cool and damp. Sunny though. Still fall. Another cold spell coming Weds. But not as cold as you all, with the exception of Ed!!
    I did get to see my grand daughter in the nutcracker last nite. She did so well! She is on pre point and one of the youngest to achieve that. (without hurting her feet!!). She has the natural form and ability of a ballerina, just genetics, so it will be interesting how far she takes it. So far she is in love with it and planning to dance and guest around the world, lol..We shall see!!
    Have a great rest of the weekend and take care!!
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your brunch today. 44 years is quite an accomplishment in this day and age. I think we got about 6 inches. It was heavy snow to shovel.
    Irene-I am glad Annie is ok. How many seizures has she had?
    Ed-I see you are still sporting the goatee and mustache. Have you ever shaved it off? My husband only shaved his off once in all the years we have been together.
    Jan-How exciting for your granddaughter to be in the nutcracker. You must be so proud of her. How old is she?
    Hi Val-Have you been on any more hikes with Bourdeau? I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.
    Yesterday I was pressed for time so I did an exercise video I found on demand, ran to Kohl's for a knee length puffy coat and then met up with my daughter and went to SOWA winter festival and then out to lunch at a Mediterranean restaurant.
    Nothing on the agenda for today.
    Have a relaxing Sunday! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! Not a lot on the agenda today. As I half expected, the water meter has not been moved yet. The workers did come out, and supposedly were waiting for some equipment or materials, but then ended up just digging a bit more at the spot where the meter will be and then moved to the neighbor's yard to do some work over there on her water meter, I think. Probably just digging up to prepare to move it as well. I guess maybe Monday on our meter. They haven't done her driveway yet, but I think they are doing it this week. I was sweeping my driveway and overheard her saying something about Wednesday to the foreman. I already told her that she and/or her daughter can park in our driveway or yard while they do hers, in case they don't want to feel trapped for a couple of days. I often stay home for several days anyway so it didn't bother me at all to be trapped. Besides, there are stores within a mile so walking is always an option if I don't need anything heavy.
    Joanne3366 wrote: »

Ed-I see you are still sporting the goatee and mustache. Have you ever shaved it off? My husband only shaved his off once in all the years we have been together.

I have, mostly, had the beard since I moved out to college at age 17. Usually a full beard, but now and then I go with the current look. I had a full beard all of this year until October, when I decided to see if I still had cheeks under there. Fortunately, I do. :)

Day 8 in the wine calendar is the first repeat of a varietal, but this Cab is not from California. This one is from France.

j8i6337lvzi2.png

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Jan, how wonderful to see your grand daughter in the Nutcracker. So nice to be able to dance like that! It's too cold here to worry about watering any outdoor plants...I guess that's part of living in a warmer climate. Here, most of the plants are pretty much dormant by now.
    Jo, I'm glad we haven't had snow yet. It's a lot of work. How was the winter festival? You do so many fun things with your daughter, lucky you! We went to our favorite Mediterranean restaurant yesterday too (for our celebration lunch). Healthy and delicious.
    Ed, that's a long time to have a beard. Hubby has one now, but for years, I just loved seeing his nice clean shaven face. ;)
    Off to brunch with the family later (at my daughter's house). I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.
    Hi Irene and Val. Pirate...are you still out there? Stop by if you get a chance.
    Happy Sunday!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! I might see about getting out to the grocery today.

And, probably, might finally have to go without water for a short time today...

Day 9 of fun wine returns us to Chile (and is now chilling).

fa7aizjx5osr.png

And...the fun will continue with 7 days of sparkly wine to bring me from Christmas day up through New Year's Eve. I found this at Aldi.

y3udixyxdgmu.png

fufk566wg0so.png

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Ed, what fun! I like sparkling wines.
    I'm off to a massage this morning.
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)