Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,183 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Still no jury duty this week. So a free day! I'm going to do some exercise (elliptical, etc.) and maybe make a trip to Wegman's later to get some of the special things we get there, like freshly ground organic coffee.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday! ๐ŸฆŠ
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Nice fall days in and around 70 degrees. No rain till Sat.
    I put in the worst nite for sleeping since I had my son about 42 years ago! :D My pinched nerve in neck and shoulder has gotten progressively worse since my mammogram and the lady did all that twisting and tugging. She was very good and gentle, unfortunately my pinched nerve was just in a position to be hurt. I fell asleep around 0430 am, and my friend called at 0645 to tell me she couldn't go to lunch. I was not picking her up till 1100. I think maybe her husband told her she could not go..but I could be wrong. I do think I need to remind her I do not get up at the crack of dawn!
    I am totally a chicken and not going to the Doc for possibly 2 mos. of PT or shoulder rotator cuff surgery or worse. I can do PT once the pain is almost gone. So far though, the muscle relaxer and 600 mg of arthritis Tylenol is hardly touching it. Guess catching up on things will have to wait. :/ I need to go to the store for veggies. I do not see this happening! All I have is celery, lol...I may be doing a lot of googling! Venting..forgive the paragraph!! :#
    Take care everyone!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,127 Member
    Options
    good morning, well I am still feeling crappy didn't go to the hospital don't want anyone else to get this I think it is a sinus infection . Jan I am so sorry you are hurting I went threw something like that a couple of months ago I ended up going to pt for months. take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,737 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It looks like another pleasant day here, aside from all the ruckus outside with the construction. I don't have to go anywhere today, but might go somewhere anyway, to pick up a few items.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Ed, enjoy the day!
    Irene, hope you are feeling better soon. Good that you are staying home and resting.
    Jan, sorry you are hurting...sounds like multiple things going wrong. I always like PT. It's kind of annoying to have to go 2-3 times a week, but it really helps me to feel better.
    I'm off to painting class this a.m
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Irene!!!
    irene-2.gif
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, thank you vix for the birthday wishes. still crappy hoping this breaks soon take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Another pleasant day expected here with 20% chance of precipitation. Not a lot on the agenda today. I am hoping that my new glasses might be ready but not holding my breath on that.

201.1 on the scale this morning.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Aw, Irene, sorry you are still under the weather. Hope you feel better soon.
    Ed, hope your new glasses are ready. Cloudy here, with an expected high of 52. I'm going to meet a friend from work for lunch. It'll be fun. Haven't seen her in a long time and need to catch up.
    Didn't get called in to jury duty at all this week.
    Happy Friday, everyone!๐ŸฆŠ๐Ÿ˜
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday, Irene! <3 I believe you get to celebrate at least twice as you are under the weather!!!

Ed, hope your glasses come Ed. Seeing accurately is always nice!!
    Vix, the PT did wonders on me and everyone was very nice and gentle and knowledgeable. Until the boss took me in hand. He was a smart alecky kid not my son's age who would not listen when I asked him to modify my last visit due to my sleep apnea and neck that I try to be careful with. he hurt my neck which I had not had problems with. I did 2x the exercises with no problems..so I know his staff was doing right! Him....not so sure, lol!! :s
    Hi Joe and Val!
    Take care all!! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    Happy birthday Irene! I hope you feel better soon.
    Jan-Sorry about your pinched nerve. Do you think a Chiropractor might help? or a massage?
    Vix-Yeah for no jury duty! At least all you had to do was call and not sit half the day waiting to either be put on a jury or let go.
    Ed-Hope your glasses came in.
    Hi Val.
    It was a busy week at work and next week will be even busier. I have the next 3 days off to gear up for it. Nothing new here.
    I managed to get to the gym 3 days last week and will try for more this week. Weight has been staying the same. I have been trying on my own with an occasional NS meal thrown in the mix.
    I am getting tired of the NS meals.
    Have a great weekend! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, thanks everyone for birthday wishes. I am starting to feel better I even got on the treadmill yesterday. Today I will be going to our Christmas bazaar I made to quick breads one is chocolate chip and the other is cinnamon streusel. my Annie is going crazy for the cinnamon and she never wants any thing like that . Jo so nice that you have a couple of days off. Jan hope you are starting some relief. Vix so nice that you didn't have fury duty. Ed hope you get your glasses soon. take care all.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's soggy Saturday! Cool today with 100% chance (verified) of precipitation. I think it will be a great day for staying indoors and taking an afternoon nap.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    33 currently with a high of 45 expected today, partly cloudy turning to rain this afternoon.
    Irene, glad you are starting to feel better!
    Ed, nice that you can take naps. I want to get out today, nothing special, just out somewhere.
    Jo, glad you have a few days off...rest up. I guess it will be superbusy with the holiday shopping. Good for you for getting to the gym. I have been trying to get on my elliptical at home (usually 20 minutes) and do PT exercises at least 3-4 days a week. My weight has been staying the same too...but I have gone slightly off my diet from time to time. Staying the same is better than gaining!
    Jan, so happy the PT is helping. Definitely tell the boss that your neck felt worse after what he did. I'm sure he will modifyp it. They want to know that. Mine usually asked me how I felt after the last session.
    No special plans for today. Have some things to take care of around the house and I want to make my Thanksgiving list so I can buy everything for Thursday.
    Val, hope you are not working too hard and that you're feeling ok.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. ๐ŸฆŠ
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Rainy weather for today. Yesterday I made cranberry sauce, did my shopping for the week and for Thanksgiving. The only thing I forgot to buy was the squash. So I will be making another trip to the store this morning. I like to go when the store first opens, not as much competition. I got a free turkey from work. This is the second year they have done this.
    Irene-I am glad that you are feeling better.
    Jan-how is your neck feeling, any relief?
    Ed-I hope you got your nap in yesterday.
    Vix-Good for you getting on the elliptical and doing your PT exercises. I haven't used my elliptical in a long time.
    Hi Val.
    Nothing planned for today, just relaxing.
    Have a great day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well I am all stuffed up again oh well . It is raining here it looks like it is going to rain all day. Part 1 of the generator was done yesterday it was the electrical part on Tuesday the plumber comes for the gas part and then I believe we will have the first inspection on Wednesday I believe there is 2 or 3 inspection will be glad when it is over. hope everyone is pain free take care
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It looks like it will be a nice day today, with fairly cool/cold temperatures and no chance of precipitation. Today I will try to make up for the nap I didn't get yesterday. Aside from that it was a pretty good day. The rain stopped late in the afternoon and it became a pleasant, though gusty, evening. We went to Lowe's to get some storage crates, and then stopped at a BanglaDeshi (like Indian but not quite the same) restaurant on the way back for a tasty supper that was definitely not fast food! Fortunately the appetizer was fairly prompt, so after splitting that we didn't exactly feel starved while waiting for the main meal.

On a whim, got an the scale this morning and saw 199.3. I know that weight fluctuates and that if I were to check tomorrow, it might not still be on the right side of 200, but all the same...

WOO HOO!

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Jo, you so deserve a day of relaxing! We picked up our turkey, cranberries, corn bread mix and turkey roasting pan, but I still have the rest of the shopping to do. I made my list yesterday. I probably won't start making anything til Tuesday.
    Irene, that's great that they started on your generator. Hope you feel better soon. It rained all night here and is still raining this morning. Good day to stay in.
    Ed, sounds like an interesting restaurant, and that you enjoyed it! I'm trying to spread out our celebrations and my b-day is shortly after Thanksgiving this year, so hubby took me out last night. I had pan seared salmon with lemon caper sauce on wild rice with asparagus, and a blackberry margarita. It was very good. Our anniversary is 5 days after my birthday, so we've got plenty of celebrating to do. My kids are going to take me out for brunch the week after my b-day. And I'm sure hubby and I will go out again for our anniversary. After all that, we can get ready for the next holiday! (It's too much!) But always good to spend time with family!
    I need to get some exercise in today, and will see what else we feel like. It would be nice to get the shopping done.
    Happy Sunday, everyone! :smiley: ๐ŸฆŠ

• IreneMurman
    Options
    happy Monday, well it stopped raining finally . It rained all day . This morning walk was nice it was in the 36 and not much wind . My plans for today is treadmill walk Annie and then go get hi lights in my hair it so needs it . take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Irene-sound like you will be all set for winter, once the generator is finished and inspected.
    Vix-Enjoy all your celebrations.
    It has finally stopped raining here and looks to be a nice day.
    I have been up since the crack of dawn and have already made apple crisp, put together a beef stew in the crockpot and am now starting on the laundry. Also on the agenda is a stop at Goodwill with a bag of clothing, running a few errands and a call to the vet to see if Sophie can be seen. She is still all stuffy and sneezing.
    Hi Val, Jan and Ed.
    Have a great day! :)