Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,737 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Looks like another cool day with no chance of precipitation. 35 now but the expected high is 60. I need to get out to the grocery for a few things...maybe. Nothing has gone critical, but if my new glasses are ready then I might stop at Kroger while I am out. Or I could just go to Kroger anyway.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,183 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    Enjoy your hair appt, Irene.
    Jo, you get so much done all the time! I'm always surprised when you have another whole list!
    It's sunny here today too...Yay!
    Hi Val, Jan, and Ed!
    I'm hoping to do the rest of my Thanksgiving shopping today.
    Went for a much needed massage this a.m. I've been very achy lately.
    Happy Holiday week, everyone. 🦃
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,127 Member
    Options
    good morning, Well today the plumber comes today to hook up the gas line to the generator then we get the 1st inspection hopefully we can get the inspection for tomorrow. well I got my hi lights in my hair but not too crazy about it it looks really dark I may have to go back to my other hair dresser . well take care all Jo you sure are getting a lot done. well Ed did you get your new glasses. hi Val and Jan.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I just gave Lilo her Tuesday shot (and treats) and she is in my lap, giving my left arm a bath. Another pleasant day here as I continue to wait on my new glasses. I hope they get here before Thanksgiving.

Blood glucose levels are still looking mostly great and clothes are still feeling loose so I think all is going well in than regard.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Hi all!
    Congrats on the weight lost and good glucose levels, Ed. Just in time for the holidays!
    Irene, glad they are moving along on your generator. It will be so nice not to worry about power outages. Sorry you're not happy with your hair color. I'm going tomorrow to get mine touched up and maybe a trim. I'm pretty happy with my new hairdresser.
    Hi Jo, Jan, and Val. Hope you're all not working too hard.
    I'm going to start my Thanksgiving prep and last minute house cleaning tomorrow. Went to stained glass class and clay workgroup today, and then for a dietitian visit. The weather was gorgeous today, but didn't get out much to enjoy it. Oh well.
    Have a good night, sleep well, and rest up for the holiday! 🦃🍗🥧🍹
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    Ed, great job on weight loss and your levels! Irene, sorry you don't like your highlights. Sometimes it is hard to get right. Jo wish I had your energy!! Vix, I have to clean too. Luckily going to my son's so I am just making rolls and dessert. Hi Val! Hope things are going well traveling! Hope everyone is ready to enjoy Thanksgiving..It is sure my favorite holiday! :)
    It is like summer here. We are expecting a little rain tonite and some tomorrow. Crazy weather! Then it will be freezing again within the week! :D
    Take care all! Be safe!!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wet wonderful Wednesday! A bit warmer today with morning rain. I need to get out to the grocery and I am still waiting for my new glasses! I may call the optician this afternoon to inquire, if he hasn't called by then, or go to a different Kroger than my usual one and just stop by to inquire.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Aw, Ed, hope you get your new glasses soon.
    Jan, so nice that you're going to your son's for Thanksgiving! It's my favorite holiday too, but I love the Thanksgiving cooking. My son is making the marinated salad this year and my daughter is bringing gluten free mac and cheese. I'll be making the cranberry sauce, pumpkin cheesecake and corn bread for the stuffing today. And will put the turkey in the oven tomorrow morning , and get everything else put together and in the oven. Luckily I have 2 ovens!
    Anyone have a favorite holiday drink they want to share?
    I have a hairdresser appt at 2:30 today.
    It's kind of warm here today too, in the 40s with a high of 60 expected. Yesterday was gorgeous weather. It's only supposed to go to 48 tomorrow and be kind of cloudy and windy.
    I guess it'll be cozy inside.
    Hi Jo, Irene, and Val.
    Happy Day before Thanksgiving!🦃
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi everyone went to the hospital and then stopped off of the acme it sure was busy. Ed hope you get your glasses soon. Vix can't help you with the drink .Jan enjoy your thanksgiving with your son. George and I are staying home and having a vegetarian turkey it is very good well take care everyone
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving !
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Happy Thanksgiving! It's officially the start of the over a month long end of year holiday season. Decorations! Parades! Parties! (Taste everything. Eat nothing.)

And holiday movies...

So which review is it for Rudolph?

Fiendish fat man and his malicious minions bully and harass youngsters who happen to be "different", until the youngsters flee, only to find they can't even be accepted by others who are "different" unless they can provide a service to those others. Along the way, they are almost killed by a misunderstood monster who just wants to be loved and can't help it that his hunger makes him do terrible things. In the end, the misfits manage to perform services that endear them to everyone...for the moment, but how long can it last until the hatred resurfaces?

OR

Delightful tale of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, showing how love and perseverance can overcome just about any adversity, including intolerance and bigotry, as Rudolph saves Christmas and everyone learns that being different is not such a bad thing after all.

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!!! <3
  • eku0
    Options
    HappyThanksgivingDay.jpg
  • eku0
    Options
    hx0b824gk4q5.png
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well I did eat too much I will be getting on the treadmill in a little while jumped on the treadmill I am up 4 pounds from the day before oh well back on plan today . We are going to get our Christmas tree today we cut our own tree at a tree farm . take care everyone .
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's Black Friday! Did I eat too much? Oh, yes...but it's only once a year and the dietician at my endocrinology office, several years ago, told us to let it go (within reason) for Thanksgiving, as it's only once a year. I agree. Otherwise I'd just feel deprived, hungry, hurt, and maybe even a little bit angry and depressed, that everyone else is enjoying all that great food but NOT ME.

Of course "within reason" is rather subjective...I didn't eat the WHOLE PECAN PIE, but, before the day was over, I did have a small sliver. I ate too much dressing/stuffing, too many rolls, and some potato salad and dessert that I really did not need. Too much meat too, but that doesn't spike my blood glucose levels. Half a bottle of nouveau wine helped take the edge off the carbs, a little, and went well with the meal.

The Thanksgiving feast this year (*** means I made it myself):

Stuffed eggs*** (eaten as appetizer)
    Sliced ham
    Sliced Cajun seasoned turkey
    Cornbread dressing with turkey sausage
    Brown turkey gravy for the dressing
    Potato salad***
    French green peas***
    Vegetarian light bread dressing
    Corn
    Parker House rolls
    Cranberry orange relish***

Pumpkin Mousse Cup
    Pecan pie and whipped topping were also available but we decided to forego that until later. That was a near bedtime extra dessert.

Wine of choice: Trader Joe's Charles Shaw Nouveau, chilled.

I also had a tall glass of stevia sweetened iced tea.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    That was yesterday! 2mv99he8oj2p.png
    Took a nice hot soak this morning. Still achy, but a little better. No special plans for today, not shopping, maybe get on the elliptical for a little bit. Happy Friday, everyone. Good luck to the shoppers, hope no one has to work, and can relax. 🦊
  • parityanimal
    Options
    A small plate of Thanksiving leftovers for lunch.

jhmb4kl9vf4i.png
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Sounds like everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Of course, I ate way too much. I did go for a 3 mile walk after dinner with my daughter.
    I worked yesterday, so no shopping for me. I may brave a few stores today. I only have my hubby and daughter to buy for. I send my son money. He won't be home this year for Christmas, but maybe next year.
    Have a great day! :)