Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I sent an email to Mike too. Hope it was not rainy or too cold for them. My heart sure goes out to them.... Tired of cleaning and ran out of time..but it does look better. With May shedding and all the invisible country spiders making baby webs inside, I feel like Cinderella without a Godmother, lol.. Concert and seafood tonite, which I hope will be fun. It is wet and cold and windy. My friend leaves tomorrow so we will have breakfast and a movie(DVD) at the house..and maybe turn on the fireplace..Picked up a birthday cake for Sunday for 2 ladies..Now if I just live thru it all, lol... Hi Jo. Hi Val! You both must be working hard. Hope you are well..Take care all! <3
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,719 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday. We are scheduled to do the photography (if any is needed) at today's South East regional orchid judging. It's pretty cold this morning, and only supposed to hit the mid 50s today. We have no idea how many orchid plants will actually show up, much less whether any will be awarded. Of course that is always true but better weather brings more people with plants. On the other hand, cooler weather can bring DIFFERENT plants. If none are awarded, then no photography is required, though we may shoot some plants we find interesting.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Irene, congrats on losing the 2 pounds! Yay.
    Ed...are you a professional photographer? Orchids are nice...mine bloomed a month or 2 ago and is now growing air roots.
    Jan, hope you enjoyed the concert and seafood last night.
    We went out with some friends last night. I had salmon, which would have been fine, but I also had 2 drinks...kind of put me way over for the day. Oh well...it's been a while, and it was really fun.
    It's in the 30s here, partly cloudy, high of 47 expected today.
    Will be babysitting later. That'll be fun.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. 🦊
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! Another nice day looming, with no chance of rain. Not much on the agenda today, though I COULD get out for cat food and a couple of things. Or I could wait. Isn't that nice? LOL.
    eku0 wrote: »

Ed...are you a professional photographer? Orchids are nice...mine bloomed a month or 2 ago and is now growing air roots.

Well, professionals get paid, don't they? In any case, I am married to a software engineer who is, technically, an amateur photographer, as we don't get paid for this, other than in appreciation, and the fact that the award pictures are published in the Awards Quarterly digest by the American Orchid Society. So I am a helper, gofer, and adviser on whether a given shot is the best we can get. I don't actually take the pictures.

We had a new outside visitor this morning. I haven't seen this one before but love the white tip on the tail. None of our cats saw this one, so there was no immediate consternation regarding its presence.

ib5txpafl4w8.png

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    So nice of you and your partner to take pictures, Ed. My husband and I were both software engineers at some point in our careers...photography and gardening are his main hobbies. Pretty cat visitor.
    Back from babysitting. My grandson is a joy. Such an easygoing baby! Cute as a button. :smiley:
    No special plans for today. Going to rest up after spending too much time playing on the floor!
    Happy Sunday, everyone. 🦊
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Irene-congrats on losing 2 lbs. I have lost 5 of the 8 lbs. that I gained while on vacation.
    It is a struggle.
    Vix-how old is your grandson now? I bet you enjoyed every minute on the floor. :)
    Ed-beautiful cat, maybe a new addition to your family? ;)
    Jan-sounds like you had fun with your friend.
    Val-time to come up for air!!! We miss hearing from you.
    I am only working 3 days this week, Tues, Wed. and Friday. It will be nice to have a short work week.
    Nothing on the agenda for today. I have finished my housework, so the only thing I have to do is a load of laundry. I may go to Kohl's. I have a 30% of coupon and a couple of $5 rewards and a coupon for $10 off if I spend $25.
    Have a great start to the week. :)

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y"all. It's magnificent Monday! It looks like it should be another pleasant day. I do plan to get out to Kroger, and get some laundry done.

Orion has claimed my lap and my left hand, so typing is fun at the moment.

• Buttons61
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Wonderfully quiet Veterans Day. Appreciate them that served. Resting after the Sunday festivities..I am admiring anybody losing anything weightwise. Congrats to all losing!!! Jo, nice to hear from you, and really nice to be having a shortened work week!! Enjoy!! Val, is fine, just super busy and traveling for the holidays soon. Vix, that sounded like a practically perfect day!! Playing with your grandson!! Ed, wondering if you will pick up an extra kitty there, lol..she is pretty! Sounds like you enjoyed taking those pictures! Hi Irene!!
    I need to do some last minute prepping for the arctic cold arriving on Tuesday. 70 today, maybe and 20 Tuesday nite and Weds...sounds like chili weather and soup weather to me!!! Take care!! <3
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Jo, so nice that you have a short week and that you're finished your cleaning...you can relax! Sounds like Kohl's will be giving you money for buying something! :smiley: Have fun.
    Ed, good to get out and get your shopping done.
    I had a great time with the baby...he's almost 9 months old, so doing great things like starting to crawl, and trying to talk (he says dada, and a lot of other babble), and he's learned to clap, so he did a lot of clapping!
    Had a much needed massage this morning.
    No special plans for today.
    Happy Veteran's Day. Happy Monday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,124 Member
    Options
    good morning, well we are suppose to get snow today oh well it is a little early but the first snow is always pretty. I was going to go to Costco with a friend today but since it is going to snow maybe we should do this another day. Nothing new here . Ed the kitty is cute. Vix glad you are having fun with your grandson. Jo enjoy your time off .Hi val and jan
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Turns out we're not having snow today. It rained overnight and it's too warm for snow this a.m. Sorry your plans changed because of the weather, Irene, but like you said, snow is pretty.
    I'll be off to stained glass and clay workgroups today.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. 🦊
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

Cool and wet out there now with temperatures expected to plummet later tonight. I might get out late this morning or this afternoon, to pick up those few items I didn't get yesterday.

• IreneMurman
    Options
    jo awesome job on using 5 pounds!
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Well, it is cold here. 24 degrees now with a wind chill in the teens. I have most things covered up. I may add some extra leaves tomorrow on a few things, Supposed to be cold most of the week.. then back in the 60s and maybe 70. Alabama is not supposed to be this cold..though maybe it will kill some bugs!! Jo, awesome losing!!! Headed to snuggling to bed..Lawn guy is coming in the am to do some leaves. Keep warm all!!
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, wow it is really cold this morning when we walked it was like 23 but we never really got any snow there was a few flacks but that was it. stay warm everyone. Jan we had our leaves done on Saturday but I am sure George will be out there again and take care of the rest when they fall.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Jo...congrats on the 5 pounds! Fantastic...don't know how I missed seeing that!
    Cold here too! It's currently 25 with a high of 37 expected today. Brrr.
    No special plans for me today...laundry, go through the junk mail, some light cleaning maybe.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. 🦊
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! I've actually been up since about 5:30 this morning, but distracted by this, that, and the other. I have been out to Aldi and picked up some nice, hearty, seasonal soups from Europe, along with some chunky soups more like the Campbell's brand. And of course I picked up a bunch of other stuff too.

I have some beef going in a slow cooker that may end up being beef with noodles, or, possibly, if I add some potatoes, peas, and carrots later, some kind of beef stew or soup. We will see later what it ends up as.

Now it's time to go in the kitchen and figure out lunch.

• IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, Well I ordered a pair of snow boots from llbean they came in yesterday so now it can snow lol they are really nice of course now it won't snow. They were a little expensive but llbean has such great quality they will last me foe years. Ed your beef and noodles sound yummy. Not much going on today I might go and get my nails done but it is pretty cold out side right now it is 20 so I might just stay home. take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    It is 15 degrees outside. I am taking my car to the dealer today. I got a recall notice for the back up camera. They said it will take about an hour to fix. I plan on being there when they open. Since I will be in the neighborhood I will stop at Whole Foods.
    Irene-LLBean's stuff last for years. I have to jackets that I have had for over 10 years and they still look good.
    Vix-Oh how fun that your grandson is starting to talk, crawl and clap. When you are babysitting you will have to start coaching him to say grammy, grandma, nana or whatever you want to be called. I know everyone has a different name.
    Val-glad you are doing well.
    Ed-I haven't had beef and noodles for years, something to thing about.
    Jan-Did you make soup or chili? I made minestrone soup with sausage last week.
    Have a great day and stay warm. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Another cold morning, with an expected high of 45 and we have 20% chance of precipitation today. I need to get out to the post office today to drop off a small package, but don't think I need to go anywhere else today. Lunch will probably be soup or stew. I tend to eat a lot more of that sort of thing in
    cooler weather.