Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,124 Member
    Options
    good morning, well it is still raining here and I believe it is suppose to rain for the next couple of days. I went to Deborah hospital yesterday and gave communion then came home and did nothing it was nice I can doing nothing today also . Tomorrow I will start back on the treadmill take care
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I went to my drawing and painting class this a.m. and picked up a book at the library. Now I have to get going on carving my pumpkin...didn't get to it last night. It's rainy here...I hope the kids come out anyway.
    Happy Halloween! ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,719 Member
    Options
    I am feeling every one of my 60 years tonight. With the sudden COLD front coming through, I spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon getting the garage ready for plants and then we spent the rest of the afternoon actually getting the plants into the garage.

I feel good about getting it done but not so happy about having to get it done so quickly. I am icing my back now, for the second time today, and may not be able to move tomorrow, but it's DONE.

ew62a98gao6h.png

gjvkasf5fhye.png

plgl2n4879zh.png

n8q9poimz1c1.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Ed, that's a lot of plants!!! Hope you're feeling ok. A nice hot bath with epsom salts might also help after the day of icing.
    I'm putting in a picture of my pumpkin. I tried just carving through the skin first, I was going to make a more intricate design, but the light didn't show through, so I just ended up doing a regular simple carving.
    jbsdya91la2k.png
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I love that pumpkin!

We were ready, but not one person came to call.

Fortunately, these are very small candy bars. One or two of the Snicker bars would be just right for a bout of low blood sugar, or when wanting a sweet, but just a bite.

53l3vtiim92h.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's frigid Friday! 34 out there now, with a high of only 57 expected. The heater is running now, as it finally got cold enough in the house for it to kick on. Other than being cold, it sounds like a nice day. I may get out to install a small willow tree, in memory of Bonnie. With all the rain we had, the soil should be easy to dig. We'll see if it's dry enough for that later in the day. And whether I feel limber enough to do it!

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, George and I just got back from mass it is all saints day so we went to the 7:30 mass right now George is on the treadmill and when he is done I will go on it. I put the snickers and all the candy in the freezer we didn't have any one last night and if I leave it out I will eat it. We had a nasty storm last night and today it is windy and cold.vix your pumpkin looks awesome take care everyone
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning. Currently 43 degrees and only going up to 50 today, partly cloudy, big storms last night. Lots of candy left over, less kids than usual.
    We have a funeral to go to this morning...one of our friends' mother. She was 95.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    hc57na4mkvso.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Back from the funeral. Interesting how different religions handle ceremonies.
    Happy new month.
    Off to chiropractor this afternoon.
    Happy Friday, everyone...Happy Weekend! :) ๐Ÿฅ‚
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Just finished catching up on all the posts from this week. I have been so tired after work that I have been having a nap most days.
    Vix-your pumpkin was great! :)
    Ed-I hope your back feels better soon.
    Irene-even if I put the candy in the freezer I would still be sneaking a piece. :)
    Jan-I hope your cold/allergies don't stick around for long.
    Val-I hope you hip is feeling better.
    The vet put Sophie on Prednisone and she is doing much better now. She is breathing normal.
    We didn't have any trick or treaters.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, wow it is the 30s here so cold we had to really bundle up my hands were still cold on our walk. Well since I wasn't exercising as much and eating junk food I have seemed to put on 2 pounds but I am back on plan so hopefully the pounds will be coming off this week. Jo I hope Sophie is feeling better. Ed hope your back is doing a little better that was a lot of plants to lift. Vix I am sorry to hear of your friends loss .Val is your hip any better ?Hi Jan hope every thing is good with you
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 36 now with an expected high of 58 and no chance of precipitation. I may get out for a few things today.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    We had frost overnight, 33 and sunny now with a high of 53 expected. Definitely Fall weather.
    Jo, glad Sophie is doing better.
    Irene, it has been chillier...I guess you'll be bundling up more for your walks.
    Ed, hope you get out for a while...it's usually pretty nice in the sun.
    I have a few things to do around the house, need to go grocery shopping. I'm out of frozen vegetables. Will probably also babysit for a little while tonight so my daughter and son-in-law can go out to celebrate their anniversary.
    I'm glad the sun is shining! Happy Saturday. ๐Ÿฆƒ :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello!!
    I always post so late..ya'll probably see it in the am!! Ed, bless you moving all those plants. I am like you. I hate when it stays too warm to winterize then boom..you must!! I only have 4 plants to move in my cedar protector, and two rose bushes. But they are all heavy. I had to cut down. One rose bush is more the mini kind for indoors. The other I should have got planted a few weeks ago..and didn't. So I guess it will be in the house somewhere, lol...I am so surprised it lived, as I had to move it once from the ground, and I could not get as much root as I wanted. I stuck it in a small pot and it has been blooming like crazy. Hoping I can keep it going indoors, or plant if we get a warm spell. Kudos to your green thumb and all their care!! With the sugar babies and cats..no wonder you need naps!!!
    Jo, glad you were able to rest some during the week. You stay really busy!! Happy Sophie responded to treatment!!
    Vix, sounds like a great couple of days! Enjoy!! Irene, bundle well!! I guess it is finally winter.Good job getting right back to eating well!! Hi Val!!! Hope all is well!!
    Busy week..My daughter's B-day was coming, and I had my A/C heater man coming to winterize. I got together with a friend..and the time just flew all week!! Sunday is my guest lunch day..not sure what to cook. I need to shop, and clean, and do wash...lol and put soil in my plants...I really just need to get up and start!!! :D
    Have a wonderful week-end!!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Options
    I got out for groceries and mulch, and we finally laid poor little Bonnie to rest, planting a black willow seedling to mark the spot. I am sure Clyde would much rather he still had Bonnie as a companion, rather than Remus as they are not yet really friendly, but are at least somewhat tolerating the existence of the other.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Sunny and frosty this morning. Currently 38 going up to 50 today.
    Jan, sounds like you've been busy. I didn't know people took rose bushes in. We leave ours out with mulch around them. Maybe we get different varieties up here. I do have one hibiscus that I keep indoors for the winter at least. It's not the same as the ones people leave out. Happy Birthday to your daughter!
    My Christmas cactus has a bunch of buds on it! It'll bloom early.
    Ed, glad you found a good spot for Bonnie. Hope your back is better after all that plant moving.
    I cleaned and did grocery shopping yesterday. Babysitting for my grandson was great last night. He's such a good, sweet baby. We are so lucky.
    No special plans for today. Need to do laundry and get out in the sun for a while later. Will see what the day brings.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. ๐ŸฆŠ
    Turkey day is coming! ๐Ÿฆƒ
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! Pretty cold out there now and only expecting to see 59 today, with no chance of precipitation. There is something I was thinking I needed to add to the shopping list, but darned if I can think what it is/was! I thought of it while making breakfast so maybe I will remember if I run through all my breakfast activity in my head.

I successfully "fell back" on the time and feel pretty decent. I did stay up extra late last night and did not get any nap yesterday, so was able to successfully sleep until about quarter past seven this morning. I have been feeding the cats "late" for about a week to get them pre-adjusted to the time change, but I think they will still need another week or so to really get used to it.

If I ever remember what I needed to add to the list, I might even remember next time to add it to the list. I have my phone nearby most of the time so there really is no excuse (other than being 60 years old?) to not put things in right away.

• parityanimal
    Options
    A little over a month after her passing, we finally laid Bonnie to rest yesterday, with a surviving remnant of the black willow that the sidewalk contractors destroyed, as a marker for a sweet pet.

Clyde and Mr. Remus Crabbypants are still getting to know each other. They may NEVER live in the same space, but at least they can see, smell, and chatter at each other and bump noses if they really want to.

je7sir5e14kq.png
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good morning!
    That is a wonderful spot for Bonnie, Ed. That makes a great remembrance. Chilly mornings here, but nice in the sun during the day and in the 60's. Still chilly in the shade. My yard is pretty shady as all the trees have really grown. I have been on the property for over 25 years now. It faces north so stays chilly in winter, but cool in the summer.
    Val, you are overworking I am sure. Hope you have not come down with this change of season crud everyone has had. Thinking of you! :) Vix, I miss the grandkids being babies sometimes! It is wonderful you get to see him so often! You are getting me excited for Thanksgiving now!! I have a friend who has started to watch her Xmas stuff already!! To be fair, the way she works..her holiday time goes too quickly!!
    I hope everyone has an easy week and fits in some good times!! <3