Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Ed, hope you feel better!! Cuddling the cat is a very important job!!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    good morning, Happy Birthday Jo and tell your husband happy birthday. Ed hope you are feeling better. Today I go to Deborah hospital to give communion to the sick ,it is so great to be able to do things again now that my deck is done we do have one more inspection when Joe gets back from vacation. take care everyone
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all.
    Oh, I missed that...happy Birthday to your husband too, Jo. Cool that your birthdays are close together.
    Hope you're feeling better, Ed...I think I get more achy with the rain too.
    Hey, Jan, Irene, Val hope all is well.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning. Looks like a sunny day so far.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. (I am a morning person!)
    food-drink-vampire-coffee-morning_people-evening_people-halloween-jsh120628_low.jpg

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Thanks for the birthday wishes.
    Ed-I hope you feel better.
    I finished 4 rooms yesterday. Today I am doing the upstairs hall, the staircase, the downstairs hall and the living room. I am pushing myself today. I really don't feel like doing anything, but I started, so I have to finish.
    Sophie is helping. She just walked down the hall and stairs that I just waxed. I may have to go over them again after I inspect for paw prints.
    It is currently raining here, so a good day to stay in.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,705 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Another pleasant, cool day in the forecast. My kind of day!

Mr. Crabbypants (my temporary name for the new glider - I am not the one picking his forever name) has been released from his cage within a cage into the larger space and seems to like it. He and Clyde spent some time at the barrier last night "getting to know" each other. Yes, you can read that as chattering and swiping at each other and apparently trying, unsuccessfully, to fight. That's why there is a barrier. LOL. If they can learn to get along, we may, at some point, let them cohabit, but if not, at least each will know that there is another sugar glider in the "colony" and they are not solo.

Mr. Crabbypants found, and ate, all his food in the larger space, and he was bouncing around in it early this morning. He did chatter (crabbing) at me a bit but not quite as much as he had been.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I so relate to that cartoon!! So not a morning person, Vix!! Happy (probably late) birthday to you Jo!! That is amazing you and your husband have those close birthdays!! Hope you do something special! So funny about the cat, especially as I am not doing the waxing...Ed, that is interesting about your gliders. I would think 2 males would not get along. But it has to be reassuring they can see, smell and hear each other! Irene, glad your routine is more getting back to normal!! It is so disruptive when people work at your house..no matter how good they are!! Hi Val!! I know you are working away!!
    Getting out with a friend tomorrow for lunch. She is pretty housebound and in a wheelchair. I know she looks forward to it. Her husband is not very good to her. She is very sweet. He would be in trouble if he was dealing with me. I am wishing she would ask for some help, but I know fear is a big factor. It is enough to humble and make one grateful for their own life... :|
    Enjoy the fall!!! Chilly this am..43 degrees. My heat kicked on..Probably A/C in the PM. :D
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, it sure was chilly on our walk today , I am sure enjoying the fall weather. I did get my nails done after I got done with the hospital it felt good to get it done. No big plans for today. Aw Jan I feel sorry for your friend but at least she has you. Ed good luck with crabby pants. Jo you sure are getting a lot done. Hi vix and val
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    37 and sunny, high of 68 expected today. Nice Fall day. :)
    Sorry about your friend, Jan...does she have a social worker or home health worker? Might help.
    Jo, you always seem to work too hard.
    Ed...Mr. Crabbypants! Funny.
    Irene, what fun to get your nails done.
    Val...you always seem to work too hard too.
    At least you both get out and do the fun things too.
    I'm off to art class this morning. Working on a drawing.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Free-Download-Funny-Cats-Cat-Halloweens-Wallpaper.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Another cool day here with no chance of precipitation. I already feel like a nap, but I think I can hold out until later.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    I am almost finished cleaning, just a few more little things and I will be done until spring.
    I did get out yesterday for a bit.
    Sophie is still stuffy despite the Claritin. I am seeing a vet visit soon.
    Jan-I am sorry for your friend. At least she can get away for a little while when you take her out.
    Vix-cute cat cartoon. I am a morning person also.
    Irene-do you have acrylic nails? Years ago I had them, but the upkeep was too much.
    Ed-how is Mr. Crabbypants?
    Val-I hope you are getting some me time with all the work you do.
    Today is grocery shopping and out to dinner with hubby.
    I have so enjoyed not going to work this week, even though I have been working at home with all my cleaning. Good honest work and no drama. ;)
    The morning have been chilly, but up in the high 60's in the afternoon. I love his kind of weather.
    Have a great day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, yes Jo I have acrylic I have had them for years every once in a while I take them off . Well today we have some one coming in to talk to us about a generator It will be so nice not to lose power all the time. Well trying to get Annie to take her pill this morning she doesn't want the chicken so I will have to try something else , Wow jo you sure got a lot done. Vix I am sure you enjoyed your art class. Hi val, jan and ed
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 60% chance of precipitation today with a high of 63. I may get out for some cat food. I HAVE to do that within a few days, for sure.

Mr. Crabbypants seems to be very active in the late evenings and early morning. He had eaten all but one tiny bite of his fruit (dried pineapple last night) and pretty much all of his chicken, Honey Vanilla Greek yogurt, and mealy worms. I am told that he and Clyde are still working things out but not chattering (crabbing) at each other quite so much, and, perhaps, a bit less trying to swipe at each other through the bars. I am not up late enough to witness this drama.

He was bouncing around his cage after I ate my breakfast, and I got a few dark, not very good, shots. Presenting Mr. Crabbypants!

h6xzs15660wh.png

r2v4p9sc9t71.png

7iilunjtfjfg.png

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Ed, can't really see Mr. Crabbypants. Glad he seems to be settling in happily.
    Good luck with the generator, Irene. I hope you find something else Annie likes besides the chicken.
    Jo, I know it must feel wonderful to have all your cleaning done! Hope Sophie is feeling better. Have fun with your dinner out tonight. I love this weather too. :)
    Currently 56 with a high of 67 and partly cloudy for today. Hoping to go for a walk in the park. Haven't done that in a while.
    Happy Friday, everyone. 🎃
    6c65b6c35d7604556c124312894b3266.jpg

• parityanimal
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Mr. Crabbypants has a name now!

His name is Remus.

Here are some better pictures of Remus.

rlnax3jyxwib.png

ejvu5dtbkfkm.png

• eku0
    Options
    Aw, Remus is very cute.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! I have to decide what to make for tonight's Halloween party and it doesn't have to be bake beans. LOL. It might be baked beans anyway, but I don't feel as obligated since it won't feature grilled burgers and hot dogs, so I could make some other sort of hot dish. There usually aren't nearly as many people at the Halloween party as at the summer pool parties. Remus was bouncing all around his part of the cage this morning, and may still be doing it. He is certainly an active little fellow in the mornings. No wonder he eats up all his food!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gtYMqumOME
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well we ordered generator it will be big enough to run the whole house so I am happy need to go Monday and start by getting permits ,it will be nice so when the power goes out it will just come on but it isn't cheap but worth the money .Well as soon as I got off the computer yesterday Annie took her meds but it not only cost me the chicken but she also eat a stick of cheese. Ed Remus is so cute take care everyone
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Cloudy with a high of 63 today...supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. No special plans for today.
    Have fun at the Halloween party, Ed.
    Congrats on ordering the generator, Irene. That will give you a lot of peace of mind.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. 🎃
    animals-halloween-dress_up-costume-costume_party-fancy_dress-rmon738_low.jpg
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! The party was great and I even got to spend a bit of time with some friends I had not seen in about a year, maybe more! As it turned out the main course was barbecue pulled pork. My baked beans would have been a perfect fit with that, but I didn't make baked beans, for once. LOL. People did enjoy my Spicy Cheesy Fiesta Hash Brown Casserole though and I got a recipe request from one new friend.

After chatting a while, he also wants to learn how to make shepherds pie and, perhaps, some general cooking methods and tips. He says he can make spaghetti sauce, mashed potatoes, and not a lot else. So I foresee a dinner visit or two, some time, with lessons on some general, non-recipe oriented, toss together dishes that he can easily prepare, along with the shepherds pie recipe. He can make the mashed potatoes for the topping of the shepherds pie!

I did warn him that the hash brown casserole is a party sized recipe. I can make a smaller version but I don't exactly cut all the ingredients by the same amounts when doing so. He says he would have to make the whole thing. Apparently he can follow a recipe, but isn't good at using a recipe as more of a guideline and mostly just winging it on the exact quantities and actual ingredients and such.

Here is my casserole from last night. It was a smaller party, maybe 36 people, and there was a lot of potato salad available too. About half my casserole was eaten. Guess what I had for breakfast?

1aqtswtgagao.png