Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    good morning, Jo hope your itch is a little better. I remember this summer when I got something and it was so itchy I did go to the Drs and she put me on prednisone ,but the Caladryl felt the best. Vix hope your grandson is feeling better. Ed I know nothing about cats we always had dogs good luck . Well our second inspection should be today I am thinking it should go faster now that most of the hard work is done. hi val and jan
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,273 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! I remembered at a bit after 7:00, as I was getting out of bed, that today is garbage/recycle pick up so quickly scrambled into clothing and got those down to the street. From the positions of the next door neighbor's bins, it didn't look like I was too late getting them down. The garbage is usually picked up pretty early, often gone by 8:00 (hence the quick scramble when I got up) and the recycles are usually picked up in the late afternoon. Kiara is still sneezing, and I am still keeping an eye on her. Again, the night was quiet, and, while she has her sneezing bouts, they are short, and not too frequent. Heaven knows I have my own, this time of year!

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,354 Member
    Good morning.
    Partly cloudy today with a high of 66. Wearing my first sweater for the season. We have recycling pickup on Wednesday, and trash pickup on Friday in our neighborhood, so 2 days to remember to put it out.
    I've got a hairdresser appt today...need to color up the roots. May be picking up my grandson from daycare this afternoon. Didn't get to see him yesterday, he was napping quite a bit.
    Need to do some laundry, etc around the house, need to pick up some fruit from the grocery store, so will be busy.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi all. Drowning in work. Trying to stay out of the fridge. Had yummy butternut squash today.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning all,
    Busy couple of days. Vix, I hope your grandson feels better and gets over his ear infection. That is enough to make one miserable. Ed, hope Kiara gets over the sneezing. I sympathize with allergies. Al. is known for them. Val, hope you get a break..love the fall veggies and fruits coming in! Irene, maybe you will get on that deck soon. I can't believe you are in sweaters, lol.. Hi Jo...hope the rash is going away!
    I had my consult today for my thyroid. Apparently the nodule I have is fairly low down on my thyroid, almost behind my clavicle. Therefore the Doc does not want to do it in the office so scheduled me an appt. for this Monday. I am having the biopsy done in surgery under radiology. My poor daughter just lost her 4 day week end taking me in for one of the days. I feel lucky to have her, though!
    We may go to Atlanta for a day this week end, and our state fair is on. I do not ride anymore, but have not been for a while. I like to see the exhibits and maybe eat a real low calorie funnel cake, lol...
    Take care all! Be safe!! <3
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well I am beyond upset for some reason the inspection wasn't scheduled for yesterday he knew since Monday afternoon but never told me till yesterday. So it is planned for tomorrow lets keep our fingers crossed ,I am so over this if I knew this I could of went to the hospital and visit the sick. Val I am so sorry they are working you so hard but the butternut squash sounds yummy I never had it ,I just don't know how to cook it. Jan good luck with the drs I will send prayers. Vix hope your grand son is feeling a little better. Ed we have garbage pick up every Wednesday and Saturday and recycle is every other Thursday. But I did get a lot done yesterday I took my jeep in and got oil change, tire rotated and balanced so I am pretty well set for winter Hi jo take care everyone
  • eku0
    Good morning all.
    Val, hope work lightens up for you...yum butternut squash...I made soup out of one this week.
    Jan, sorry to hear about your thyroid. Sending healing thoughts your way, and best wishes for a good outcome on Monday. We are lucky to have caring family. Enjoy the state fair if you go.
    Irene...glad you're getting the inspection done tomorrow. That has been dragging out. Butternut squash is easy to cook. I usually cut it in half, put it in a large baking dish cut side down with about an inch of water, and bake at 350 for about 40-45 minutes. There are a lot of other ways to cook it. I never had it either til a few years ago, but it's really delicious.
    Thanks, my grandson is a little better, still congested. Antibiotics are helping.
    Ed, thanks for keeping the humor coming.
    Jo, hope you're feeling better and that poison ivy is going away.
    Off to painting class.
    Happy Thursday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Should be a nice day, with a high of around 80. Not a lot of requirements on the agenda. A nap may be on it though. :)

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Currently it’s 99 degrees out—tomorrow the high is 76 at midnight tonight and the temps drop throughout the day down to 52 tomorrow night with storms and high winds. The last 100+ days have been around 100, so this really is a change.

I feel yucky. It could be stress but we’ll see. Going hiking tonight.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well keep your fingers cross that the 2nd inspection goes on today ,not much more going on. Val hope you are feeling better take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Still enjoying cooler days here in the northeast burbs of Atlanta. I enjoy some bits of summer, but not the heat! Kiara didn't eat quite as much as usual yesterday but otherwise seems fine. Haven't heard any sneezes yet today, so maybe it is just a cold and maybe she's getting over it. Still monitoring that. Clyde has been pretty active, and has been re-arranging the little blankets cut from baby blanket type flannel, dragging more of them into his little nest. I saw him last night quite a bit, and carefully interacted with him, and he was ready and waiting at food time, and I heard him moving around in his cage early this morning. He still seems to be OK.

Not a lot on the agenda today, other than, hopefully, a nap.

• eku0
    edited October 2019
    Good morning all.
    Currently 50, high of 70 today, sunny. Going up to the mountains today.
    Have a great weekend! :)
  • parityanimal
    PHONY ERROR SCAM WARNING!

If you get a browser screen that looks like the picture, do NOT click on anything in that tab (or window) and do NOT call any phone numbers displayed for supposed help, but CLOSE it instead.

If you click an anything in the warning, or call and follow the instructions they give you, you will likely infect your system with malware, or actually allow the scammers to get your personal data.

A big hint (often seen in such scams) is that it claims to be a GOOGLE critical error, but then below suggests to contact MICROSOFT support.

If you find it can't be closed by the browser's close tab/window operation, you may need to use the task manager to close the browser entirely, but do NOT allow the browser to then re-open the tabs that were previously open and it's best to not return to the site that popped up the phony error message.

pccs0rwobdke.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's 58 degrees out there now. 20% chance of rain with an expected high of only 75. I might get out for a few things today.

• IreneMurman
    good morning, thanks for heads up Ed. We ended up runny Annie back to the er yesterday morning they kept her on the ekg machine all day the dr is thinking it is not a fib so now she has on the vest that monitors her heart we will take it back tomorrow and the dr will read it on Tuesday. take care everyone
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning all!
    Ed, I am so glad Clyde seems to be doing well! How did you begin having kind of an "exotic" pet? They certainly are not too prevalent around this neck of the woods! :)
    Irene, sorry Annie had an extra trip to the vet. Hopefully they can find some new information to help.
    Vix, that sure sounds like a great day!! The mountains!! It has been a long time since I was anywhere near one, lol!! The colors must be pretty, I bet!!
    Val, hang in there. I know your schedule is just not too conducive to warding off some illness. That company sure wears people out!!
    Thanks for the good wishes for Monday. I just hope I get some sedation, lol... :#
    Jo, hope you are doing okay! I hope you are not itching anymore and getting some rest too!!
    Enjoy the weather change everyone! Val, Stay safe with the storms!!
    Take care all.. <3
  • parityanimal
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning all!
    Ed, I am so glad Clyde seems to be doing well! How did you begin having kind of an "exotic" pet? They certainly are not too prevalent around this neck of the woods! :)

Well, it wasn't my idea. I would have been fine with cats. But a woman who had a pair of sugar gliders decided to let her boyfriend and his dog move in with her and the dog (supposedly) wouldn't stop barking at the sugar gliders and I gather it came to THEM or HIM. I don't know how long they gave the dog or how hard they tried to train it to accept them as just a natural part of its world, but I think she should have kept her pets and moved HIM out. Just my opinion. I never met either of them so really don't know enough to have a totally informed opinion.

At any rate, they came with a cage, some food, and water bottles. So we set them up and all was fine. The two cats we had at that time were mature enough in years that they weren't too interested in them. Eventually we lost the younger of those cats, Ariel, at 8 years old, to a very aggressive, large cell lymphoma that didn't respond to chemo.

After a short time, we felt the older cat needed another feline companion and adopted Kiara (I picked the name), as a 7 month old kitten from door #3 at the animal shelter, and then Dinah (from a local rescue group), as a 1 year old mother who had recently weaned her kittens. Dinah was needed as a playmate for Kiara, as Kiara was pestering Lilo to play all the time and Lilo is just too old.

Kiara was (and is) VERY interested in the sugar glider cage. Dinah didn't (and doesn't) seem to care.

Then we were semi-coerced into adopting a 6 month old kitten, rescued as dumped kitten, from a relative, that I named Oliver. He actually climbed up on top of the cage to lay there and terrorize Bonnie from above! I never did manage to totally keep him from doing that, but tragically we lost him to FIP, at 9 months old, which we had never heard of before but know about now. At least we were able to give him a happy, loving home for the last three months of his life.

I was so upset at the loss of Oliver, that we immediately contacted our rescue group and, after meeting with several kittens, and a few adult cats, adopted Orion at six months old, just three days after we lost Oliver. Orion and Kiara were plotting together how to get at the sugar gliders and both are still too interested in Clyde, but I think I have managed to ensure that they can't get close enough to claw him through the bars.

I had never intended to have so many cats again, but we still haven't got back to our maximum count, which was 5 cats that basically lived in a cold war state. None of them liked any of the others but they managed to live together in harmony. Most of the time. LOL.

I don't WANT to get back to that maximum count either. That relative said she felt bad about giving us a "defective" cat but we assured her we do not need her to replace him. You can't ever replace a beloved pet anyway, but you can find room in your heart for another.

We have 4 cats, and 4 is more than enough!
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good morning;
    well, I am still battling the poison ivy. My legs and arm look like I am a leper.
    The itch has subsided some and hopefully will be gone soon. I took 2 days off from work because I could stand anything other than my soft pj's touching my skin.
    Vix-I hope your grandson gets over his ear infection soon. Unfortunately kids contact a lot of illnesses when at daycare. Yeah for a new scale!
    Irene-Poor Annie, I hope you get some answers soon. I also hope the inspection goes as planned this time.
    Jan-keeping good thoughts that the biopsyI hope goes smoothly and nothing serious is found.
    Val-I hope you enjoyed your hike, despite not feeling well. That is a huge temperature change, but I am sure you welcome it after all the 100 degrees.
    Ed-I had also never heard of FIP until my Oliver had it. We were lucky to have him for 2 years.
    He was the sweetest cat. Oliver and Vinny were brothers from the same litter and he didn't have any problems, until he developed diabetes a few years ago. About 6 months after we lost Oliver, we got Sophie from a woman I worked with whose cat had kittens. Sophie and Vinny tolerate one another, and only occasionally hiss.
    May go for a walk to today to enjoy this cooler weather and the fall foliage.
    Have a great day. :)

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! High of only 71 expected, with 80% chance of rain. We could use the rain so bring it on. There is nowhere else I HAVE to be today, so unless something comes up or a friend needs help, I can stay home. Rainy or cloudy days are great for naps!

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Slept in a bit this morning. My sleep was interrupted in the wee hours by waking up, not feeling all that well, and having to sit up for half an hour or so. Cool and a bit humid outside, but it feels nice. I need to feed the cats in a while and get out to Walgreen's to pick up refills on my diabetic testing supplies. Hoping for a nap this afternoon!