Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,679 Member
    Options
    Well, I got the chili (vegan, actually) going as planned.

I stole some of my ground beef for a patty melt for my lunch, on low carb, high fiber, whole wheat, toasted bread, browning the rest of the beef, and the rest of the onion, with some salt and seasoning, to add to MY chili, at supper, along with some cheese. The seasoned beef and onion are waiting in the fridge, in a small tightly sealed carryout bucket.

The remainder won't remain vegan at serving time either, as I am married to an ovo-lacto vegetarian who most assuredly WILL add cheese!

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Vix, sorry to hear about your grandson's virus! Will he feel like the flu or is it more like annoying?
    Ed chili sounds good even if it is 95 degrees!! With the a/c and dead leaves, it looks like fall, until you step outside!
    Val, love the walking path! The pups look very happy!
    Irene and Jo, I hope you are not working too hard and able to enjoy the day.
    I have been working in the yard and house, but the work always seems to be a step ahead. Weight wise I am happy. I am not far from being in the next 10 lbs. Now just keeping it up!!
    Have a great day, everyone!! <3
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Disappointed that I can’t get hiking tonight. Boudreaux and I were ready and in the car...and the car won’t start. Ugh. I’m bummed yet really grateful it happened at hone rather than out at the park...when it would have been getting dark.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning, getting ready to head out for pa, tonight we have the wake for my Aunt and tomorrow is the funeral take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Fryday! I could fry an egg on the sidewalk this afternoon, if we had a sidewalk. That action has been stalled since late spring, when I complained to the mayor about the hideous - and dangerous 6 foot wide, 3 foot deep, rock lined drainage ditch that they have run across my front yard, where the previous drainage had been a shallow, almost non-existent rut it the grass. There is no way they can justify a need to have this much drainage when the previous light drainage had never been a problem.

The engineers are supposedly working to try to eliminate the ditch (a ditch we had never agreed to in the first place, and were not informed of in advance) and install some kind of conduit, over which we can presumably have our 6 feet of lawn back.

I may need to get out today for a few things.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Good morning.
    Safe travels, Irene. My sympathies to your family.
    Ed, the chili sounds yummy. It's 59 here at the moment going up to 81 today. Not bad. We have a drainage ditch in our back yard...it's about a 45 degree incline with 2 drains at the bottom, one at both ends. We've grown shrubs and flowers on the incline. Yours sounds more like a heavy duty ditch....maybe they're expecting hurricanes.???
    Val, sorry about your car...is it very old? I usually keep mine about 10 years. Roger's car was about 20, I think, but he really didn't drive much.
    Jan, the virus causes little blisters on the skin, sores in the back of the mouth, and a few days of fever. The poor baby was pretty miserable, mostly from the fever and his throat. Luckily he just had a few spots on his skin. He couldn't swallow very well, and was pretty knocked out. The fever should be gone today, and he's been eating better, so that's good.
    Good for you on the weight...keep up the good work. :)
    Hi Jo...Friday again...hope you're off for the weekend.
    Hi Pirate...hope you're doing better with the diet.
    I'm tweaking my diet...spreading the calories more evenly through the day, bigger breakfast. I feel kind of stuffed!
    No special plans for today. On call for baby watch. Dad's working part time from home today. We can be there while he's working. Also need to pick up some fruit and veggies.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfactory Saturday! The last pool party of the season is today so my giant pan of baked beans is in the oven. It's also my birthday! My driver's license says I was born in 1959 but I am sure it's a misprint.

I will be celebrating my 39th birthday today.

fpisk0w5t3ex.png

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Ed!!!
    Happy-60th-Birthday-wish.-Facebook-cover.jpg
    You need to go out and celebrate!
    (haha...you can also be 21 with 39 years of experience!)
    Cloudy day here today, high expected of 88.
    I need to call a special shoe store about getting fitted inserts for my shoes. Maybe I can make an appt and get that done today.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. Happy Weekend! :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Ed! Hope you have a wonderful day!! Chuckled at your reasoning! May adopt it!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Options
    So far it's been a BUSY birthday! Got up at 6:00, rushed to Publix to get a 5-pack of foil "Giant Lasagna" pans, as I found I had used the last one two weeks ago for a pool party, came home, got the beans going in the oven, made and ate breakfast and had my morning tea, started the dishwasher, fed the cats, scooped the litter boxes, took my shower, unloaded the clean dishes, and have the last little bit of yesterday's laundry I will be folding and putting away in a moment.

Then, off to the party, where I will be helping to keep the food organized, as usual, but that's not too terribly hard. Well, I hear that the dryer stopped, so off to fold!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    3ir9jeco733n.jpeg
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon
    Irene-safe travels and condolences to your family.
    Jan-congrats on the weight loss, keep it up. :)
    Val-I am sorry about your car. I hope it is nothing serious.
    Ed-Chili sounds yummy. Do you put beer in it? My daughter makes one with dark beer.
    Happy Birthday-hope you are having an awesome day.
    Vix-I hope your grandson feels better soon. I remember my son having the same thing when he was little.
    I have the weekend off. My daughter and I went for a hike this morning. We went to a new place, so only did 3 miles. I am just waiting for her to come over and we are going to lunch at a new place that opened in the next town. It looks like this weekend is for trying new things! :)
    Hubby had been sick with a cold and sore throat for the last 3 days. I am praying I do not get it.
    Enjoy your weekend! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all back from my trip happy birthday ed, congrats jan on the weight loss take care all
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Ed-Chili sounds yummy. Do you put beer in it? My daughter makes one with dark beer.
    Happy Birthday-hope you are having an awesome day.

I have never put beer in chili, but have made beer cheese bread. I cook with wine now and then. Sometimes a little even makes it into the food. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! The party was great, but seemed long to me after the busy morning. I'd say I had a good birthday. A tiny slice of carrot cake last night before bed. That's a vegetable, right?

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Glad you had a great birthday, Ed. Yum, carrot cake!
    Glad you're back, Irene. Long drive.
    Jo, sounds like a wonderful weekend. Hope hubby feels better soon ...and that you don't catch it.
    Hi Val and Jan.
    I got my shoe inserts yesterday. Hubby bought a pair too, but he isn't happy with them, so we'll probably take his back today. I have some cleaning/laundry to do around the house, and I want to work on my painting project...trying to come up with something that would work as a holiday card.
    Looks like a nice day outside, sunny, high of 83 expected.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Ed-glad you had a good birthday. As far as I'm concerned carrot cake is a vegetable. ;)
    Welcome back Irene.
    We broke down and bought new phones yesterday. Hubby and my daughter were having issues with the old ones. So today I will spend some time getting use to the new phone features. Also have a few errands to run.
    Hi Jan, Val and Vix.
    Hope everyone has a great start to the week ahead! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! I have to get cat food today, so any other needed items may be on the agenda while I am out, and possibly lunch!

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Cooler today.And cloudy. May get some rain this a.m.
    We are babysitting this morning. Poor baby is still sick, and my son-in-law's grandmother passed away, funeral this morning. We will stay with him so they can go.
    I got a new phone a couple of weeks ago, Jo...still getting used to it!
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, Well found out Annie loves elevators and of course all the attention she got from strangers. Of course I was off my diet but not too bad . On Friday I went and got a new pair of black pants I was happy that I found out I am now in a size 6 which made me feel good. The service was beautiful . I didn't stay for the lunch in we just came home after the cemetery . take care everyone