Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday. Boudreaux and i went hiking in the morning. Did chores in the afternoon. And just got back from dog training class. He did great. Even when a puppy jumped on him, and standing near other owners and dogs...and he let the teacher pet him and hold his leash (which is huge!). I stepped on an ant hill si i need to hop in the tub! pohbek5p8luv.jpeg
    8i3gnzvpj3yd.jpeg
    bzti6ium8dc3.jpeg
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Val-Boudreaux is a handsome fella! Nice view.
    I got quite a bit of yard work done yesterday. I plan on finishing up today. I then have to make a trip to the apple store to see if I can get a duplicate receipt for my daughter-in-laws phone.
    She needs the receipt in order to put in a claim for insurance. After being put on hold twice and getting a not so helpful person on the phone, I was told I had to go to the store.
    My day off is pretty full.
    Enjoy your day!
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning, thanks everyone . I am glad I went up to see my Aunt . My cousin sent me message last night and told me it is only a matter of days. I am really tired today it was a lot of driving for me 3 hours up and 3 hours back so I am going to keep this short hope everyone enjoys the first day of fall but it is suppose to be 90 here today take care everyone
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Val, great that you get in those hikes. I also like the brindle coloring on Boudreaux. Nice that he's doing so well with training.
    Jo, congrats on getting so much yard work done. You are a dynamo! Always working away. Good luck with the phone...if they weren't so great, I wouldn't bother with one. haha. I'm still getting used to my new one.
    Irene, glad you got to see your aunt. So good to have family around. Take a well deserved rest.
    Hi Jan and Ed.
    I have PT and acupuncture appts this morning. And my cleaning person is coming. So glad I found her. Great to have help with the house.
    It's supposed to go up to 90 again today, then back to high70s to mid 80s after that.
    Wishing everyone a wonderful new week, and happy Autumn! πŸπŸ‚πŸŒž
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,679 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Happy Summer Solstice! I might have to get out for some canned cat food today, but it's supposed to be relatively nice, though a bit warmer than I really like. At least the nights are nice and cool lately!

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning to you all,
    Irene, traveling gets harder and harder. I know it was special that you could see your aunt. Val, sounds like you and Boudreaux got a very good instructor. I just love the little heart on his chest. Ed, our nights are a little cooler now too! Great isn't it? I would almost always rather be home. Jo, it is so hard to get satisfaction in customer service now. Actually it is hard to just connect with them some times at all. Hope you make progress. Vix, Hope your PT and acupuncture goes well. Sounds like a full day! Happy autumn!! Looks a little like it here, just does not feel like it.
    I was at home all day today. It was so lovely. I did do wash and cleaned up the kitchen due to church yesterday. Always leaves a worthy Thanksgiving kind of mess. I waited all day till 4 pm to catch the nurse at my Dr. because she would be placing calls then. I had some changes in plans with a few friends and looked up, and missed the whole window for the Dr. call. So much for my strategy! May stuck close all day and I got kisses and hugs galore! Sure made up for the hectic week, and actually week end.
    Have a great day!! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well I did get a lot of running around yesterday so I should be good ,the only thing I need to do is get Annie's meds filled .Val Boudreaux is a handsome boy glad his training to help .Jo good luck with the apple store. Wow I am impressed you got your yard done ,until my deck is finish I don't plan on doing much. Vix did the acupuncture helped. Jan it is always nice to get in touch with friends Hi Ed and pirate
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Off to my busy day....stained glass and clay groups. Still need to pack a lunch, and load up my car. It's supposed to be cooler today...only up to 77. Nice.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Another fairly hot, dry day expected here. Not a lot on the agenda. Perhaps a bit of sweeping up, vacuuming, and bathroom cleaning. And, of course, litter box scooping. I have already given Lilo her Tuesday shot, and subsequent treats.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Well, I got the vacuuming done, and some of the hand sweeping and bathroom cleaning. Found a cat-astrophe or two in an unexpected area of the master bath, and spent some time cleaning that up and doing some necessary laundering, and remembered that I had to get the recycles and garbage down to the curb at some point for tomorrow's pick up, so took care of that in conjunction with the litter box scooping.

I think I will pick up on the rest of the cleaning tomorrow. After all, tomorrow IS another day! I cleaned myself up and will hopefully take a nap shortly. :)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Work is painful right now, but glad it keeps a roof over our heads.
    Yesterday I let work cancel my hike...but tonight I went anyway. In the 20- minute drive to the park (6pm), i got 42 work emails! I responded...sorry I’m out hiking...I’ll look at this when I get back. And, just finished work at 10pm.
    Here’s tonight’s hiking ladies. I’m the gray haired sweaty one with the blue shirt on the left.4lza0wwum0z3.jpeg
    5duszbz7kt3q.jpeg
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well Val it looks like you had an awesome hike ,some times you just have to make yourself #1 good for you. Well my Aunt passed away yesterday morning don't have any info when the funeral will be yet . I am so glad I went up to see her on Sunday . Take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Irene-my condolences on your aunt's passing.
    Val-It looks like you all had fun on your hike.
    Off to work in a few.
    Hi to everyone else
    Have a great day!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's going to be another hot, dry day here. Hopefully I can get a bit more house cleaning done.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    My condolences, Irene.
    Val, looks like a great, fun, hiking group...lucky you.
    Good for you for getting the cleaning done, Ed.
    Don't work too hard, Jo.
    Hi Jan.
    I'm off to the podiatrist this morning. Grandson got hand-foot-mouth virus, so he's home with my daughter. Will probably stop over later to see them.
    Have a good Wednesday! :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your Aunt, Irene. May God comfort you and your whole family. <3
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Irene- sorry for your loss. So glad you were able to visit with her before she passed. ❀️
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Just a quick hike with my two youngest...Duke and Boudreaux.i
    x27v8na08rcr.jpeg
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

20% chance of rain today, but still rather hotter than I'd like. I may get out for a few things. I think I may get some chili started in a slow cooker to have for supper tonight. I can make some seasoned ground beef separately for my servings. I expect there will be left overs too.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Off to painting class this a.m.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)