Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    good morning all, wow the temp have really gotten cooler it was 45 this morning I had my hoodie ,hat and light gloves on. But I really enjoy fall the trees are starting to turn looks so pretty. My deck is starting to look good but it is going to take at least another week . The vet appt went well we don't have to go back until after the holidays . He felt she is doing good he has put her on another pill . I have been lucky she has been taking her meds well of course it is with a lot of chicken I have never cooked so much chicken hey as long as it works I am ok with it. Jo how is the poison ivy going hope you are getting some relief. Vix so glad your grandson is better. Val you must have a large yard of course it never ends. Jan and ed hope all is well take care all
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,273 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 74 out there with an expected high of only 78 today with 20% chance of precipitation. I need to get out to a hardware store soon for a full spectrum or daylight tube to replace the light over the kitchen sink that feeds the plants on the inside window ledge. That side of the house doesn't get any sunlight through the windows as it's shaded by large evergreen trees. They had the right size tube at Publix but only in Warm White.

I also need to get more canned food for Lilo as she is starting on her last can today. She only gets a quarter of a can per day as she won't eat more than that of it, and she wants kibble for the rest of her food. At 16 1/2 and not very active, she doesn't need much food. That doesn't stop her from needing to see and sniff EVERY plate of food I eat. You would think she is a dog, not a cat!

Clyde seems to be doing better than expected without Bonnie. He is eating all his food anyway, and responsive to attention. Still waiting on a reply from the one person I contacted regarding another sugar glider to keep him company, but if that doesn't work out we may be able to keep him happy enough by himself.

Orion, and to some extent Kiara, kept trying to bother him at one particular corner of his cage that they could get really close too so I rigged up some boxes to block them from getting to the closest point, and moved Clyde's water bottle higher as well. While it is still in that corner, it is now high enough that the cats can't get as close to bother him while he is drinking.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    I hadn’t realized i missed multiple days. Working too much, including this weekend.
    When I bought this house in 2011, I had a chihuahua (still have) and a shih tzu (lives in India with older daughter). I was sure I would only have small dogs so I got a small yard. Well now 4/5 dogs are 50+ pounds.the house and yard are sufficient but they love going for hikes at our local parks. San Antonio has a “cold front” coming Tuesday...a high of only 86! 🤣
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,354 Member
    Good morning all.
    Jan, good luck with your thyroid visit...hope all goes well.
    Hi Jo and Pirate.
    Irene, so glad Annie is doing well. It was 40 here when I got up this morning, but supposed to go to a high of 65 today. It's nice and sunny, so should be a beautiful day. Looking forward to going to a sunflower farm today. :) This is my favorite weather!
    Ed, sounds like all the pets are doing well...that's great!
    Val, it's great that your dogs like the hikes...good for you to have company, besides your hiking group.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Morning to all!
    We got rain Saturday, twice! Thanks be to God. May May would not get out in it or walk on the grass it has been so long since we had any!! It was pretty funny. My daughter and I went to the Shakespeare Festival in Montgomery, which is pretty awesome. We went to see George Bernard Shaw's play about Joan of Arc. It is in a small theater room with only about 50 seats. it was incredibly intense and intimate. Probably the best thing I have seen there-ever. And that is saying a lot. Then went to dinner, so pretty wonderful day!!
    Seems everyone is doing well! Ed, glad things are working so well for Clyde. Envious of your real fall Vix and Irene! Val, wish you did not have to work so hard. Jo, you must be working hard too! Hope you are feeling better. Today was our last record breaking day of heat. Hoping for more rain on Monday. No more 102's..in the 80's also!!
    Take care all! <3
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! High of 80 with 10% chance of rain predicted for today. Right now it's pleasant 68 outside. I will probably get out for a while today and buy a few things we need...while I still have any money, LOL. I get paid on the 1st(retirement) and the 5th(annuity) and then the well is dry until the next month.

My internet is going in and out this morning, but hopefully I will be able to post this!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Drizzly/cloudy and kind of cool here, low 60s with a high expected of 72.
    Jan, that sounds like a wonderful day with your daughter. Isn't it great when we can spend quality time with family.
    Ed, hope you get your rain, and enjoy the cooler weather.
    I have some things to do around the house today, laundry etc. Maybe get out later.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Poison Ivy is till active and spreading. I am going to see if I can get an appt. with the dermatologist. I have been washing everything that I have come in contact with. The calamine lotion quiets it down for a while.
    It is cool and cloudy today. I plan on staying in and doing nothing.
    Irene-I am glad Annie is better and you deck is almost done.
    Ed-I am glad Clyde seem to be doing ok without Bonnie.
    Jan-Nice that you got some rain. Sounds like you had a fun day with your daughter. Good luck at the ENT doctor.
    Val-Sorry you have to work this weekend. I hope you can get out for a little while.
    Vix-I love sunflowers.
    Have a wonderful day!
  • eku0
    Jo...so sorry about the poison ivy! Hope you can get an appt quickly.
    The sunflower farm was magnificent! Beautiful sunny day, and we were able to walk on paths cut through the 5 acres of flowers. They had a cart set up with haybales so we could get up on it and look out over the fields. We also got to cut a couple of sunflowers to take home with us. It made for a really nice day.
  • eku0
    The fields were more impressive in person...this was only a small part of it.
    dj6z21977xzq.jpg
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Vix the sun flowers look so pretty sounds like you had a nice time. We went to the farm and got my mums and a couple of pumpkins to put in my front yard. Not sure if we are going to have our second inspection or not it sounded like all the appt was booked for today hoping they can fit us in this is just taking way to long. Jo hope you can see the dr soon .val sorry you had to work. Jan sounds like things are starting to cool down. Ed glad Clyde is doing good take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 65 now with a high of 83 expected, and 10% chance of rain. I may get out just because it's a nice day! Got a bit of housecleaning done yesterday, and may get a bit more done today.

• eku0
    Good morning all.
    Another gray day, but it's supposed to go up to 78 with some rain this afternoon.
    I have an acupuncture appt in a little while, and we may go to Frederick later today, run some errands, check out a few things.
    Irene, sounds like a good trip to the farm. Hope they get your inspections done, so you can use your new deck.
    Glad it's cooling down a bit for you, Ed.
    Wishing everyone a nice new week. 🦊🌻
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!
    Ed, glad you are just enjoying the day!! Jo, I am so sorry about the poison ivy! Sounds unusual it is continuing to spread. My son had a reaction that was worse than expected. I know he was miserable. They were thankful he did not breathe any in much to react with his respiratory system..so going back to a Dr. seems a good move! I hope you feel better soon! Irene, hope your deck moves ahead quickly. They say the waiting is the worst part. Could you imagine building a house? I would go nuts! Val, I hope you can steal a few moments for yourself!
    Sunday was so nice. No church lunch to cook for and small group did not meet. I was able to go to class and leave after church and have the day. Spent it with May May taking in the back yard. I had gotten 5/8 ths inch of steady rain and everything is green and looking refreshed. Even the leaves small like fall now and we are only in the lower 80's. So cool seeming after all the 100's plus! A little hard to transition from summer heat to strange fall as even the plants are confused..but we are trying! :# have a good start to this week and take care!! <3
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    I went to urgent care this morning. I was able to register on line and I was the first one there.
    The Dr. put me on prednisone for 10 days. She told me to use cortisone cream. I tried it but it doesn't seem to soothe the itch as well as calamine lotion. I think I have washed every thing in the house twice. :#
    Vix-the sunflowers are lovely, the fields must have looked magnificent.
    Irene-I hope you get your inspection soon so you can enjoy your deck.
    Jan-Nice that you got to spend the afternoon with May May.
    Ed-glad you are getting nicer weather.
    Val-I hope you got a little time to yourself this weekend.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Joanne hope the pred helps with the poison ivy. I only ever had that once on my foot and the it h can drive you bonkers. I remember that oatmeal baths helped.
    Vix the sunflowers are lovely!
    Ed glad Clyde is doing well.
    Jan glad you got some rain. We had a little rain the other day. Cold front coming and the high will be 76!!!
    Irene I love pumpkin farms, but my teenager isn’t as fond of them as when she was little.
    Pirate- hi . Always keep trying!!!

When i avoid the scale i gain weight. So, I stopped avoiding it yesterday, and am headed the right direction. (But i slid a long way since going on vacation).

Work, work, work. 🤨

Boudreaux graduated 🎓 he did great on his test!
    lti8tpfsd3pp.jpeg
    9z7lamvc9mk7.jpeg
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, congrats Boudreaux ! well we didn't get the inspection yesterday it will be tomorrow so then he can finish up putting up the remaining wood still can't walk on it because there is nothing to walk on .But it is coming along hoping only another week and it will be done. Today I am taking my jeep in for state inspection .Val glad the scale is starting to go in the right direction . Jo hope the itch is better. Jan glad you got a little rain it makes things look so fresh. Hi Vix and ED
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Looking for a high of 78 today, with 40% chance of rain. Clyde was very active last night and quite interested in dis food when I brought it. Kiara started sneezing last night. She slept fairly quietly, next to me on the bed, but did sneeze a couple of times when I checked on her in the wee hours. And she is still having sneezing bouts this morning. Her eyes look clean and clear and she has relatively long periods between bouts so I am not too concerned as yet. I have given Lilo her Tuesday shot (and the required treats right after) and all the other cats seem to be their usual selves. With Halloween coming up we are glad that we were able to give Orion a furever, safe, indoor home last year. We didn't adopt him BECAUSE he is black, but certainly didn't let that stop him from picking us.

Might get out today for a couple of things, and maybe have lunch out. And a friend may come over after supper for a visit, if he's not too worn out from work.

• Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Congratulations Boudreaux! :)
    Ed-Does Kiara have allergies? My Sophie sneezes and gets stuffy in the spring and fall. The vet told me I could give her 1/2 tablet of Claritin daily. I tried it but didn't see much difference.
    I think it just has to take its course.
    Well this morning I was extremely itchy. After taking my meds and putting on Caladryl I feel much better now. I think I will be able to go to work tomorrow.
    Irene-good luck with your inspection.
    Hi Vix and Jan.
    Have a great afternoon. :)
  • eku0
    Hi all...the message I wrote last night is not here.
    Anyway...Jo, glad you are feeling a bit better, the prednisone usually works pretty quickly.
    Ed, sounds like you are a good Dad for all your pets.
    Irene...hope they finish your deck soon. You are very patient.
    Congratulations to Val and Boudreaux on graduating from obedience school! and good job Val on getting the scale to move in the right direction...you are looking thinner in that picture! Yay!
    Jan, glad you had a nice relaxing Sunday!
    I bought a new scale yesterday...mine was bouncing up and down to different weights if I stepped on it multiple times....my new one is showing about a pound and a half less, and the weight doesn't change if I stand on it twice, so Yay! My new scale wants me to weigh less. :smirk:
    It's gray and drizzly and in the mid 60s today. I went to stained glass class and clay group, and may go over to see my grandson in a little while. Poor little guy has an ear infection now.
    Hope you all have a good evening. :)